November 27, 2014 | 1415 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before using this I had only used TBS brow gel and a Maybelline gel (ages ago!) This easily stands up to the TBS gel, I don't use it as a mascara so can't comment on that, but for my brows it works nicely. Makes them look nicely groomed and a bit more defined. The hold isn't very strong though, so if you're looking for something that will hold every little hair in place, this might not be for you. Can't beat the price though!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this! In the summer I hate having heavy eyelahes during the day - meaning I hate mascara. I use this instead and it really opens my eye without adding color. I curl my lashes and coat this twice. Sperates my lashes better than it lengthens but that's okay. Doesn't seem to get clumpy or flakey, just opens up my eyes and makes me face look more awake and brighter. My lashes are dark blonde so you can see them if I have no dark mascara on. I sometimes use the brow side (not always, my brows are pretty tame for now) and that holds my eyebrows in place all day. Also this only cost me $1 so it wasn't a huge deal if I liked it or not. I will definitely repurchase this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 6:01:00 AM More reviews by sonia84cardoso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's an ok product.
It works well, but doesn't last all day.
I would repurchase it, anyways, becuase it works for me and is cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by BethyC123

Love this. I use the mascara to give my lashes just a bit of definition and to help hold curl. It looks great and lasts all day. The brow side isn't sticky, doesn't flake off, and also lasts all day for me. The fact that it's a dollar makes me love it even more! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by stefrand

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I don't have time to use my NYC Browser I slap on some of this clear brow Mascara to keep things in place. It works fairly well, but it doesn't last all day. Also, I cannot recommend this for eye mascara...when I tried it, my eyes started burning unbearably! I'll keep it on my eyebrows, thanks. Also, if you use any kind of pencil or powder you run the risk of turning your eyebrow gel a lovely brown color as the wand picks up traces of pigment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by rodenbach

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Both the brow gel and clear mascara are fantastic at keeping my brows in place. I can't believe something that only costs $1 works this well. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by icy1210

I really like the brow gel, it's not sticky, holds my eyebrows all day, fragrance free, doesn't turn white on your eyebrows, and not to mention it's only $1.

I use to buy Body Shop's brow gel, but it's the same quality as the e.l.f. product, and not to mention it's way more expensive!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by chocolatechip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is great as a clear mascara, which seems to lengthen my eyelashes without it looking like I actually put on mascara. but as a brow gel it's practically worthless, with no hold at all. I wish this didn't come as a duo, because I never use the brow gel side.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by skiblu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Using this is basically just like brushing my eyebrows. Which is enough for some people's brows to stay straight all day (and might explain the positive reviews for this as a brow product!), but for me, it is totally useless. I have no use for it as a mascara, so I can't really comment on that.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sskatygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't much like the mascara end of this - I use it only to separate my bottom eyelashes occasionally.
But the brow gel is great - it dries clear, isn't sticky, and doesn't give you anything to complain about.

I keep this in my purse for "just in case", along with the one dollar mascara from ELF. It's also great when you have a tiny purse for your night out, and need to fit some essentials in.