E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The perfect brow gel/ clear mascara. Double ended tube for lashes and brows (more sanitary and different brushes), great formula that doesn't turn white on your eyebrows, and the brush deposits just enough to keep brows in place without feeling sticky. it's better than any expensive brand i've tried and far superior to drug store brands which are hard to find anyway. i buy these in multiples now b/c they are so great!

on 11/12/2008 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Well, what can you expect for a dollar? Did nothing whatsoever to hold my brows in place and the mascara seemed wet on my lashes. I would have rather took my dollar to Wendy's for a Frosty!

on 10/28/2008 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Nothing spectacular, but a nice brush for taming brows and the gel does the job. I don't use it on my lashes, seems a little dangerously close to hair gel, but it works for the brows just fine.

on 9/29/2008 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love using it to tame my brows. However, I have short asian lashes, therefore I use a black mascara to make them look longer and fuller. I would definitely, and have, purchased this item again.

on 9/10/2008 2:54:00 AM

This is a great product only because it is super cheap and gets the job done of taming eyebrows, period. I don't suggest it for use on eyelashes because as another reviewer said, it will sting or burn. Why, you ask? Look at the ingredient list: it's basically hair gel in a little tube with a wand. Also, be careful not to use it on days where you will get wet or sweat a lot, because it will run down into your eyes.

A warning/piece of advice: after only a few months of use the "brow" end of the tube turned this murky color - it could just be from air bubbles from taking out and replacing the wand, but for safety's sake I switched over to the "lash" end. From doing this I discovered that the "lash" end is much better than the "brow" brush at applying this stuff to your brows, because the fluffier rectangular brow brush deposits too much gel which makes them look stiff and unnatural. Overall, worth the price, especially if you only use it for one of its intended two uses (twice the product!)

on 8/19/2008 9:30:00 AM

I like this a lot better than another clear mascara I've tried, I don't really use it as a mascara, more of a brow groomer, and it works fine. It looks a lot more natural than the max factor one I got.

on 8/12/2008 6:41:00 PM

This is actually a cool product that is worth the price of $1! If you are into making your own colored brows and colored mascaras, then this is it! I like to mix it with my mineral make-up and then get a color I like to put on my lashes the most. Have fun experimenting like I am!

on 7/1/2008 2:48:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Before using this I had only used TBS brow gel and a Maybelline gel (ages ago!) This easily stands up to the TBS gel, I don't use it as a mascara so can't comment on that, but for my brows it works nicely. Makes them look nicely groomed and a bit more defined. The hold isn't very strong though, so if you're looking for something that will hold every little hair in place, this might not be for you. Can't beat the price though!!

on 6/26/2008 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love this! In the summer I hate having heavy eyelahes during the day - meaning I hate mascara. I use this instead and it really opens my eye without adding color. I curl my lashes and coat this twice. Sperates my lashes better than it lengthens but that's okay. Doesn't seem to get clumpy or flakey, just opens up my eyes and makes me face look more awake and brighter. My lashes are dark blonde so you can see them if I have no dark mascara on. I sometimes use the brow side (not always, my brows are pretty tame for now) and that holds my eyebrows in place all day. Also this only cost me $1 so it wasn't a huge deal if I liked it or not. I will definitely repurchase this one.

It's an ok product.
It works well, but doesn't last all day.
I would repurchase it, anyways, becuase it works for me and is cheap.