October 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Add me to the long list of Beauty Blender fans. While I don't think it is quite as amazing as everyone makes it out to be, it's a very handy product and has multiple uses. Great for picking up the excess when you accidentally apply too much blush, perfect for applying cream blush, smooths out foundation really well and gives that airbrushed look. It holds up pretty well too, mine last quite a few months before they even look like they need to be replaced. The Blender Cleanser is good too, I use it to clean my brushes as well as the BB sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing sponge! Applys flawlessly. Price is crazy though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Mayita23

AMAZING! Will NEVER go back to applying foundation with any other type of brush! The most flawless finish I have ever gotten. Best results when used damp. I like to spray my UD De-slick but water works fine too! HG for sure!!! Got 2 for $25 at sephora online. Great purchase! Even the most weird texture foundations go on sooo smooth and flawless! At least for me It does not waste product (maybe because I don't apply the product directly in to it?) to apply i use a pouncing motion all over my face and use the smaller end on hard to reach parts like under eyes and nose area. Love it! So upset I hadn't purchased a long time before!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was pretty non-plussed by this originally when I tried it with my Bobbi Brown foundation that I was using a brush to apply. I found that that particular foundation went on just as well, if not better with the brush and that the sponge soaked up way too much expensive product. I shoved it in a drawer after several tries and stopped using it. I dug it out recently to use with the Flower brand tinted moisturizer and am glad I did! This product goes on much better with the sponge. Yes, the sponge still soaks up some product but with this much cheaper product its not such a deterrent. I get the most natural finish with this sponge. I also find that the sponge works great to blend concealer, especially over blemishes and is gentle under eyes. It also works well for blending creme foundation. I'm not sure I will repurchase this tool or not. If I buy a pricey foundation then no, but if I decide to stick with cheap foundations or moisturizers then yes.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is without a doubt the best sponge I've ever used for applying base but I just don't reach for it. I do my makeup at my vanity and having to soak the thing in water is very inconvenient. Also, because it requires a sink to clean this sits waiting to be cleaned longer than my bushes (which I spot clean after every use) - can't be good for acne prone skin.

I find it covers gently and offers the fullest version of whatever coverage the product that you start with is capable of. Because it is so soft on the skin I don't feel like it blends as well as I'd like and it can leave a 'nice makeup' look to the face instead of the 'nice skin' finish which I prefer. I tend to use this only to blend and soften heavy liquid foundations or blend concealer into my base after I've applied with a brush already. This is great for special occasions when I want full but soft coverage but is too fiddly for daily use.

I like my beauty blenders and I have a couple of them which I use for special occasion makeup. If you're already a sponge user than these are by far the best of their genre but I find brushes much more convenient and provide a less obvious finish.

I think 40 for two sponges is a lot to ask and I'm not sure the product justifies the price. But they are the nicest sponges I've ever tried and they've lasted for a long time. If you're happy to part with the cash they're fine sponges but not sure if I'll be buying any more of them.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by BridgettBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This sponge changed the way i feel about foundation. I used to hate applying it, because my skins so dry it would just patch up. But when i use my damp knock off beauty blender, that i got on ebay for $3....... i love applying my foundation now!! its so fast, and easy. & its just amazing. I recommend any one get this!
Although i am not sure if this is breaking me out, i have very sensitive skin./acne prone. I hope its not this breaking me out tho!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally gave into the hype and purchased this from Sephora online. I love it!!! Definitely gives an airbrush finish with Liquid foundations. My perfect way to use this is to set my undereye concealer. I apply my maybelline fit me concealer under my eyes, pour make up for ever hd powder into a lid, dip the pointed side of the beauty blender in the lid and dab under my eyes. This helps set my concealer without making it look Cakey. Only thing I'm still unsure about is how to clean this sponge. Other than that, I def would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

After spending well over two years thinking about spending $20 on a little pink sponge, I'm sorry I spent so long pondering it. I will probably never use a brush to apply foundation again. This little sponge is amazing. It applies my foundation much more evenly and smoothly. brushes tend to leave streaks on the face, the beauty blender doesn't because you stipple it on to blend. I have nothing bad to say about this other than the price. It was a win win for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by nhuthao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking to create a more natural look for everyday use, this is the product for you! I've used kabuki brushes and stippling motions for a long time now, only to realize that I would use more product all over my face and make it look cakey.

Using the BB with any foundation will help to thin it out while still reaping the benefits of the foundation. I use this with foundation then follow up with concealer in problem areas.

This is also great with powder for under the eyes. When I remember to do this, I notice my undereye concealer doesn't cake up all day. I've never experienced that before!

I wash this with my daily face wash every time I use it and then once a week, I use dish washing soap. Keep in mind that heavy duty soaps will remove more bacteria but will also remove the pink color.

Lastly... don't let kids around this fuzzy ball of fun. They'll dig their nails in it and poke holes in your expensive new sponge...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

This review is for the actual brand name BeautyBlender.

Bottom line: IT IS COMPLETELY WORTH THE $20. In fact, it's the most economical option.

Why? Because it lasts so long. Whereas the only comparably soft dupes I found (Soho football shape, Essence teardrop) started falling apart the minute they got wet. The Soho lasted a grand total of 3 weeks before the shreds were too small to continue using.

At the time of this edit my BB has lasted 7 months and looks brand new apart from slight foundation stains.

7 months = roughly 28 weeks. That is, conservatively, 9 Soho sponge lifetimes, or over $60.

It's just gravy that it also works slightly better than the dupes. It's softer than any of the dupes I tried. It soaks up less foundation than any of the dupes I tried. It washes and rinses out more easily than any of the dupes I tried. And it does blend better than any of the dupes I've tried. It's refreshing to see a product that at least does what it claims without being identical to any of dozens of knockoffs.

I wear my foundation light-to-medium so I can't comment on the full coverage achievable with the Beautyblender. But I'm very happy with the application; I have some flakes from Retin-a that the bouncing motion does not raise up/call attention to, and it also doesn't disturb my sunscreen layer, which I worried about when I used a brush to finish my foundation.

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No