December 20, 2014 | 1370 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally caved and bought one after hearing Desiree Stordahl rave about it on one of the Paula's Choice podcasts. I'm glad I did. I have never enjoyed applying liquid foundations. Period. And as I age, i have more flaky patches around my nose and brows that are very obvious when foundation gets applied.The BeautyBlender or (BB) helps both of these issues tremendously. I think the combination of the wet sponge and the bouncy application just tips the scale on effectively dealing with scalier patches of skin. I have heard Wayne Goss (from YouTube - thank you) say many times that you can do more with great tools than great makeup, and I feel that he is on to something. I think this BB can make an average foundation perform above average! And while I do think it absorbs a lot of product, if I can use cheaper foundations now, why worry about that?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Megbatch

Where do I even begin? This product is a lifesaver. I have dry, sensitive skin, that tends to be red. This applies ANY foundation flawlessly, and covers so well. I don't have words to describe how fantastic this is. Please just go get it and feel what its like to fall in love with a beauty product.. Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by smmalloy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, the negative reviews are seriously negative! This has been such an HG product for me that I actually swapped the foundation brush I used to use and now use this exclusively. HOWEVER: YMMV if you don't want a very sheer foundation application.

I am nearly 60 and have basically very good skin for my age so sheer foundation is the only option that makes sense for me. Anything else will look hard and sink into all the little (and not so little) lines.

I never, ever dip the sponge right into product. I mix a bit of cream foundation (LM Creme Smooth) with pump of moisturizer (Bobbi Brown face lotion), rub my fingers together, wipe some on cheeks, forehead, and chin (nose gets foundation stick) and then I blend lightly with the blender, which I have wet under the faucet and squeezed as much as possible in advance. I have a little egg cup that it rests on. My foundation looks wonderful and very even; and since my skin is dry-ish it does last.

I wash the sponge immediately with the cleaner that I initially thought was a rip-off but actually works very well and you don't need much.

I've never had a problem with the color coming off, or any reactions or break-outs.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by cmykaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Do not get! Was so excited to get this little sponge of joy after all the fantastic reviews but so disappointed. After applying with this my foundation was OK, and not great in the areas I have acne scars to cover but after a couple of hours my foundation was so horrible & patchy all over, I felt disgusting. Figured it might be my foundation although its my favourite so tried with Revlon Colorstay but just as bad. Tried a few times, followed all the tutorials, can't see what I may have done differently, just doesn't work at all! Get a much more flawless finish with Real Techniqies brushes. May be perfect for those with already great skin but certainly not good for those of us with acne scars to cover. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally gave into the hype. I was expecting a miracle sponge to be honest! Miracle sponge it is not, but I have found its uses. I tried using it with Nars Sheer Glow fdtn, but honestly I had to use 5x as much fdtn just to cover my scars (I get better coverage with my fingers). After reverting back to my tried and true fdtn, MUFE F&B, I realized thinner fdtns just do not work wtih the beauty blender. The damp beauty blender sheers out fndts, so taking an already sheer fdtn like Nars SG and mufe f&B, It really ends up having zero coverage. So, I used it with my concealer (MAC select coverup and studio finish), and using the pointy side It worked fabulously for under eyes and on scars/blemishes. It helps blur out any lines unlike any brush I've used. I just kind of bounce the concealer with the bottom side on my acne scars and it really does provide a great blurred finish. I don't think this is a miracle sponge, but I don't blame the beauty blender for its shortcomings, I blame my skin. I know this is a long rant, but if you're reading this the most important thing I can say is that your skin has to be in good condition. Otherwise, no little pink sponge is going to make your skin look great.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought the Beauty Blender from their website two for twenty something dollars. There are other less expensive copies but for me this works best. My foundation and primer goes on flawlessly—worth the money! I no longer use anything else but this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the white Beauty Blender because I'd read about color transfer with the pink one, I am super- senstive and the company which makes this told me it is the same as the pink one but without color. ( I thought there might be a difference and the white was for treatment products and pink for makeup, but they told me that is not the case.)

I have been using makeup since way before some of you were born, and this is by far the best tool I have ever used for applying foundation. I have used everything from high end foundation brushes to generic Ulta sponges, and this is the only thing that I will be using from now on because this is as close as I have come to that airbrushed / magazine cover flawless look.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

How did I ever apply foundation or concealer without this sponge! I'll admit, I was skeptical that it would be worth $20, decided to purchase a knock off from Ulta which made me even more skeptical (Ulta's was firm, not pliable and nothing like the real thing). Cherry Culture had a 20% off everything sale so I decided to purchase one and I'm waiting for another sale so I can purchase a 2nd one. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! It blends my foundation and concealer into my skin like it has been airbrushed. I have not had any issues with concealer settling into the fine lines under my eyes which has always been an issue for me, no other tool could correct it like the beauty blender. The pointy end is perfect for under the eyes and around the nose and the rounder end helps stipple foundation perfectly into the skin. I cannot say enough about how much I like this product. Save your money on foundation brushes and switch to this sponge, it made a HUGE difference on how I apply makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by annakimla

I love how this sponge applies foundation. However, it absorbs a lot of product. The other minus is that the sponge is not easy to clean. I think that it cumulates dirt and bacteria despite being cleaned very often. In case of people with acne prone skin this may actually worsen the skin condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Makeupfortheages

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my old age I've become a little more ... Oh how should I put it...... Cheap lol ok thrifty is maybe a better word. So spending that much on one tiny little pink egg blew my mind. I finally gave in because a perfect airbrush foundation is my life long goal. When the little pink gem came in the mail I was ecstatic. Had to try it ASAP and LOVED it. I just recently started a blog about makeup and life from an over 40 pov and one of the things I love about this sponge is since you bounce it on your face there is no unnecessary tugging and pulling on the skin. I love the finish it leaves. I use it with my cream and liquid foundation. I saw a video from a makeup artists giving a tip on cleaning it. Little mini hotel bar soap. I didn't buy the cleaner so this tip works great for me. Just gently rub it on the bar and clean. I haven't notice it sucking up any more product than a wedge sponge or a brush. Mine has lasted a long while since I only wear makeup once a week, if that. I love this little gem. To me it's definitely worth the money.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No