beautyblender the sponge

4.4

The only thing I despise more than this sponge is the fact I am embarrassed that I spent $20 on a stupid disposable sponge. I feel ripped, and I don't let the fact that I paid so much for it convince me that it's any good. I can't imagine this costs more than $0.40 to produce.
First of all, it absorbs WAY too much foundation. If you doubt the absorbency capabilities of this product, put it in water and watch it grow to 3x it's regular size. It's a great way to throw your foundation down the toilet.
It's dang near impossible to clean. The super mega absorbency draws the foundation in deep. They should make a tampon out of this material.
It might be good for people that want sheer application and like the philosophy of putting too much on then taking away.
This is a classic gimmick of pretty packaging, appearance, and the false sense of luxury by overcharging. The 2 dollar disposable makeup wedges do a better job. It doesn't hold a candle to using your fingers and good quality brushes.
Edit: totally agree with previous poster that this is a prime breeding ground for molds and bacteria to fester in. Good luck getting this completely clean and sanitized- use the cheapo makeup wedges for a superior product that you can throw away without remorse for being overcharged.

on 5/12/2013 4:33:00 AM

This is the best tool I've ever purchased for foundation application and beats any brush, fingers, or sponge hands down for me. It's simple to use, cuts application time in half, and provides me with a flawless results each time with any of my fave foundations. The product is great quality, durable, and washes easily. Love it and after using this I'll probably never go back to any other application method again. I've already purchased a back up and a few for gifts for my friends and family.

So I gave the product 5 stars because it is a wonderful tool. It does exactly what it claims.
However, I will probably never buy another one again just because how fast it rips apart! I splurged twice on this beauty blender and non of them lasted for more than a month. At that price range I just think there are better alternatives. Stick with foundation brushes!

on 5/7/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this sponge so so so much.

Please trust me when I say the sonia kashuk and other generic brands with their knock off versions of this do not compare at all.

I use this with my foundation by wetting it, squeezing it and then squeezing it again with my towel so it is does not have a lot of water on it.

I noticed that when my sponge is more damp my concealer gets rubbed off when I try to blend it.

washing it is pretty easy too although some of the pink from the sponge comes off in the process thats not a big deal to me.

Overall I don't like that this is 20 bucks but I will forever be purchasing this miracle sponge.

on 5/6/2013 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh how I wanted to love this. But I'm sorry to say I can't stand this product. For me, it's awkward to work it, it absorbs a huge deal of makeup (even though I do use the sponge wet), and the worst part is that if you have any concealer on beforehand, this sponge will completely remove it with one pass. Seriously?!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This sponge applies makeup worse than a dampened wedge and the price is ridiculous. What a waste of $30 Canadian dollars.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow. Makeup noobs like me: this is perfection. My makeup blends perfectly with this little sponge. When I was on Accutane this was so so useful as you add water and make up blends seamlessly into skin. Even with less dry skin, perfect. The things that are annoying about this product are cleaning (I use the special cleaner, the whole process feels expensive) and I had to replace mine after about 6 months because it does wear out. It's also pretty pricey on the face of it but I think it's worth every penny!

on 4/24/2013 9:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I purchased knock offs of the beauty blender and let me tell you I was so surprised....and happily! I have tried for years to get the perfect application of makeup and this is by far the best. It beats brushes and fingers and the little sponges that I use once and toss away. Talk about a flawless finish and looking like I had nothing on! It cleaned up nicely too. I plan on purchasing more and telling everyone I know about it.....

on 4/22/2013 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing product.
It just makes my foundation application so smooth, easy and airbrushed.
Sorry, brushes, but this is my new number one <3

on 4/21/2013 10:25:00 PM

I bought this only because I had a gift certificate and didn't need anything else so I fugured what the hell, let me try it. I didn't have any crazy expectations even though it has great reviews and a cult following, I mean, my god, it's just a sponge, what could it really do, right? wrong! This little thing has totally blown me away like unbelievable! It gives THE most amazing light flawless airbrushed perfect finish that looks like there is absolutely nothing on your skin. Never in a million years did I think a sponge could do this. And it's incredible for cream blush!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools