Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

on 1/29/2005 11:03:00 AM

Although I'd buy this product again, I was nonethless disappointed. The gel had great staying power, but very little working time to blend a nice smooth thin lash line. Further, it was not very dark unless several coats were applied or a heavy hand is used. If it did not dry so quickly i would have rated this a 5. I plan to try other gel liners and compare, though as they are all quite expensive so it may be a while before i report back.

on 1/25/2005 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Great product!! It's a true black that stays put all day without smudging or disappearing under my eyes! I find it's easier to apply with a push brush rather than other brushes like BB's Ultra Fine eyeliner brush or Stila's #4, but those brushes would be great if you want a thicker line. I'm definitely going to get more colors!

on 1/19/2005 11:39:00 PM

This is a great product that works really well even for me - a person that could not apply liquid liner to save her life. But alas my sensitve eyes would not have it. It irritates my eyelids leaving a pink line after my careful removal - and the lovely pink line lasts for days :( This Black liner is dark and intense and looks great. So for those that can use it go for it. I use the BB extra fine liner brush but any good one should work.

on 1/7/2005 1:09:00 PM

Just ran out today & bought this.Love this!! I can't believe such a product is made.This is a dream come true for a girl who loves her black liner,thank.you BB :O)

on 12/29/2004 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

These BB gel liners are HG for me. The black is great and is a true black, so when you smudge it out a bit before it's dry, it stays black and does not go gray like some pencil liners! I love it!

on 12/28/2004 11:34:00 PM

deepest, loveliest black in the best texture ever in an e/l. this really makes my eyes pop in a way no black pencil can. i love the pot it comes in, but i don't think the BB brush the MUA use with it is the best you can do - i think a thinner, stiffer angled brush (i use nars #2) gives a more precise line than what a BB MUA does with it. but this is the best stuff - it made me fall in love with e/l again!

on 12/27/2004 5:58:00 AM

This is a great eyeliner! It is the perfect blend between liquid and pencil liner. Rarely smears... stays on all day!

on 12/14/2004 6:56:00 AM

swapped away my granite and sepia, and bought black ink instead. i prefer blacktrack fluidline because its darker(blacker) and more "liquidy". this tends to be drier

on 12/13/2004 9:03:00 PM

WOW! This is an AMAZING eyeliner! I have never tried anything else that stays on this well! Ive always been on the lookout for an eyeliner that actually stays on the inner rims of my eyelids, and this has satisfyed my search! This is my new HG! I cant wait to try it in more colors!
*UPDATE* after only having this for a few months, this has dried out increadibly fast. what a waste of $, since so much product remains. i would suggest trying stila smudge pots instead

on 11/21/2004 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't care what anyone says, this is the longest lasting eyeliner i have ever tried. i've tried everything, Lancome artliner, chanel liquid, revlon colorstay, loreal line intensifique, etc etc etc! i have sortof oily asian eyes. i use Sonia Kashuk's smudge brush (way thinner than the BB one, and 5 bucks!) and i get a perfect line each time. i line it in the morning, and i never, ever have to reapply whether i go clubbing, work, mall. sometimes i go over it with MAC Carbon eyeshadow(a matte black) for longer staying power. i realize the color is, in fact, a true black. this may be too dark for caucasian girls, but my hair/eyes are dark and eyeliner should always be darker than your eyes otherwise how's it supposed to make them stand out? =) i cannot rave enough about this product. i use a lot each time, too and i still have a ton of it left. the best part is that i can line UNDERNEATH my eye on the rim (u know what i mean!) and it stays on! that's a miracle in and of itself. i will never search for another eyeliner again.