April 19, 2014 | 1591 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2004 12:52:00 PM More reviews by alluring_temptations

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow! I love this! definitely beats pencils and liquid liners. dramatic and easy application. looks fab! must buy the brush for perfect results. definitely a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2004 6:02:00 PM More reviews by RoXy82be

I don't know how I ever did my MU without this stuff. It is awesome. Before I found out about it, I used Smashbox's version and by the end of the day it would always end up underneath my eyes, which actually accentuated my undereye circles! Not cute. At first I was turned off by how much it cost, but don't be, because one pot really goes a long way. It glides on my eye so easily and really gives my eyes that extra oomph. The lasting power is great. I especially like to use it when I am wearing neutral/earthtone e/s. I can never go back to pencil! P.S. I have also tried the Stila Smudgepots and I didn't like them nearly as much. I found them to be too drying, reminded me of cement in a way.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2004 8:10:00 PM More reviews by jungirl

I'm conflicted about this one. I like cake eyeliners, but this one tends to crumble and slide when I apply it. It has a really great dark, opaque black, and once dry it doesn't budge, but I always find myself going over it with a black powder to get a good, consistent effect. Though it's one of the few really dark blacks out there, I still wouldn't drop so much cash on this one again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2004 5:24:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

colouring: asain MAC NC30-35
I like this as a liner! I used it for a bit, then put it away for a bit, then i rediscovered it. It is a bit much for people with paler skin or blond hair imho, but it you have dark hair or darker skin tones i think it can be very dramatic or sexy depending on how its used. It has incredible staying power and is easy to use once you get the hang of it. I like to moisten/dilute it with saline solution which helps things stick better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2004 12:15:00 AM More reviews by carinnemj

Not only my favorite of the gel eyeliner line, but my favorite e/l of all time. I love that it's true black with NO grey at all, I love that it never comes off until I want it to, I love that I can use it to line my inner rims because it won't budge and ruin my eyes. In short, I love it (now that I got the hang of applying it, and can get the job done in under a minute!). :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2004 1:04:00 AM More reviews by AmyBianca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's perfect, really, no joke, it's heaven in a little jar that costs alot of money but really $18 for heaven is not a bad price. I tend to have oily lids, eyeshadow always creases on me (unless I wear mac paints) anywho, I wear lots of lotion too because I'm scared of wrinkles, and this stuff doesn't budge, ever. I wore this too a sweaty Strokes concert and I left the concert with my lovely UD Gash lipstick all over my chin and face but my e/l was absolutely perfect, in place, no raccoon eyes, no smudgies. Can you ask for more?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2004 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Cherrycola22002

I bought this a few months ago and somehow forgot about it until I purchased new eyeshadow brushes. It when on easily with a mini eyebrow brush. It is easy to darken the line with more product and also smudge it to make it look gray. The application of this liner lasts for hours without reapplying, and doesn't smudge which is fantastic since I have really oily eyelids. I like this product a lot and am planning to purchase her new black plum gel eyeliner. So far I haven't like anything else from her line except this and her lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2004 11:07:00 AM More reviews by sweetcherrie14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ehh...i have mixed feelings about this product. First of all it cost me about 25 dollars to get. Then I found out that it's not just a pen-style eyeliner, but it comes in a tub. So then you have to go buy a separate eyeliner brush. And since the brush at the bobbi brown counter was about 17 dollars, i went next door to sephora and bought one for eight. So in all this product, when used for the first time is extremley expensive. It lasts a long time though...in the tub. When you actually put the stuff on, it doesn't really last that long and i still ended up with my eyeliner down around my dark under eye circles within two hours. In my opinion, this stuff is too hard to use, takes up too much time and is too expensive for the quality and the finished product that it gives. Don't waste your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2004 1:36:00 PM More reviews by darkdiva

I am a DDD and I have repurchased this item at least twice because its such a great eyeliner. The key is to use the proper application brush. The product really doesn't budge all day, which is saying a lot for me because liners always move or fade on my oily lids. My only complaint is that it needs about a minute to dry and set, so you have to do one eye and keep it shut for a minute. Then repeat with the other eye. So I had to remove one lippie for that.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2004 10:51:00 PM More reviews by nova

Pros: smooth lining, rich dark line
Cons: wil smudge on oily lids ... and doesn't work well with my cream shadows, anything waxy as it will smudge the liner...