Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.3

on 12/29/2004 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

These BB gel liners are HG for me. The black is great and is a true black, so when you smudge it out a bit before it's dry, it stays black and does not go gray like some pencil liners! I love it!

on 12/28/2004 11:34:00 PM

deepest, loveliest black in the best texture ever in an e/l. this really makes my eyes pop in a way no black pencil can. i love the pot it comes in, but i don't think the BB brush the MUA use with it is the best you can do - i think a thinner, stiffer angled brush (i use nars #2) gives a more precise line than what a BB MUA does with it. but this is the best stuff - it made me fall in love with e/l again!

on 12/27/2004 5:58:00 AM

This is a great eyeliner! It is the perfect blend between liquid and pencil liner. Rarely smears... stays on all day!

on 12/14/2004 6:56:00 AM

swapped away my granite and sepia, and bought black ink instead. i prefer blacktrack fluidline because its darker(blacker) and more "liquidy". this tends to be drier

on 12/13/2004 9:03:00 PM

WOW! This is an AMAZING eyeliner! I have never tried anything else that stays on this well! Ive always been on the lookout for an eyeliner that actually stays on the inner rims of my eyelids, and this has satisfyed my search! This is my new HG! I cant wait to try it in more colors!
*UPDATE* after only having this for a few months, this has dried out increadibly fast. what a waste of $, since so much product remains. i would suggest trying stila smudge pots instead

on 11/21/2004 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't care what anyone says, this is the longest lasting eyeliner i have ever tried. i've tried everything, Lancome artliner, chanel liquid, revlon colorstay, loreal line intensifique, etc etc etc! i have sortof oily asian eyes. i use Sonia Kashuk's smudge brush (way thinner than the BB one, and 5 bucks!) and i get a perfect line each time. i line it in the morning, and i never, ever have to reapply whether i go clubbing, work, mall. sometimes i go over it with MAC Carbon eyeshadow(a matte black) for longer staying power. i realize the color is, in fact, a true black. this may be too dark for caucasian girls, but my hair/eyes are dark and eyeliner should always be darker than your eyes otherwise how's it supposed to make them stand out? =) i cannot rave enough about this product. i use a lot each time, too and i still have a ton of it left. the best part is that i can line UNDERNEATH my eye on the rim (u know what i mean!) and it stays on! that's a miracle in and of itself. i will never search for another eyeliner again.

on 11/8/2004 12:00:00 PM

Foolproof eyeliner, texture that glides on, can be smudged or built up for a more dramatic effect. Works especially well with the bobbi brown eyeliner brush. Quite expensive but i doubt you could finish the pot in years!

on 11/7/2004 11:16:00 AM

Another recent discovery, which is now my HG black eyeliner. Black eye-liner has always been my staple product since the age of 15. I'm now 20 and have since then tried several brands from pencils to crayons to liquid liners. At first I was a bit pessimistic about this product as I didn't think application would be simple. However after reading the reviews on MUA, I went and purchased it along with the BB eyeliner brush. I used it to create a thin line above my lashline, and the application was simple and flawless. The colour is a rich intense black and the staying power is great. It is smudge-proof yet comes off easily with water. The only con is having to wash the brush after every application (because if you don't, the bristles stiffen). The price is quite steep, however I can see this product lasting me for at least two years.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

wow! I love this! definitely beats pencils and liquid liners. dramatic and easy application. looks fab! must buy the brush for perfect results. definitely a repurchase.

on 11/5/2004 6:02:00 PM

I don't know how I ever did my MU without this stuff. It is awesome. Before I found out about it, I used Smashbox's version and by the end of the day it would always end up underneath my eyes, which actually accentuated my undereye circles! Not cute. At first I was turned off by how much it cost, but don't be, because one pot really goes a long way. It glides on my eye so easily and really gives my eyes that extra oomph. The lasting power is great. I especially like to use it when I am wearing neutral/earthtone e/s. I can never go back to pencil! P.S. I have also tried the Stila Smudgepots and I didn't like them nearly as much. I found them to be too drying, reminded me of cement in a way.