July 31, 2014 | 1103 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by denise2648

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A true miracle for anyone with dry cuticles. I work with paper all day at my job and this butter has rescued my poor, peeling, dry cuticles. This also works great if you have dry patch on your face. This is a must have for everyone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2007 10:00:00 AM More reviews by blondeambitioned

I've used Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme for years, and now that I have discovered LUSH I've been curious to try this product. My local LUSH store was having a promotion and I actually got this for free. I love the little container that this comes in, much better then Burt's Bees notoriously impossible-to-open tin. I find the quality of these 2 cuticle creams comparable, and while Burt's Bees' smells better to me (the LUSH one has that awful medicinal herbal note that I can't stand - it reminds me of Band-Aids), the LUSH cream has more product for the money and is slightly less greasy. I'd keep using my Burt's Bees if I could open the darn tin, so it's LUSH for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by gmb03

i've been using burts bees lemon butter cuticle cream for five years until i suddenly saw this in Lush. i gave it a try coz its much cheaper ((lush is a dollar more expensive but lush has a 50g container (burts bees is just 15g i think)) and omg it really works and it lasts longer! the thing that i love about it is a very little amount goes a long way. good job lush! im not switching anymore! p.s. good for your elbows and heels too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 2:11:00 PM More reviews by amber_nussbaum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT! This stuff lasts forever, and really really works. I have the worst dry cuticles (or I did before I started using this stuff). I apply a generous amount to each fingernail before I do my makeup in the morning, then when I wash my hands, my cuticles are good to go. I have stopped biting my nails because of this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2006 1:11:00 PM More reviews by ahappyplace

Why did I try this when I have been perfectly content with Burt's Bees cuticle butter for so many years? Short answer, because I'm on a mission to try every LUSH product available! Initially, I balked at the price, but by weight you actually get much more product from LUSH. The buttery texture also allows you to use this on heels and elbows--try to do that with waxy old Burt's Bees! As a cuticle butter, it's amazing. It soaks in quickly and leaves my nails and cuticles looking healthy. Burt does win in one category--scent. LUSH's lemon scent has an herbal undertone while Burt's Bees is sweeter and more clean-smelling. I will repurchase this, but not for a long while--this tub will last for ages!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by kvells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff lasts forever and works so well! The strong is a little Mr Clean lemony, but the effect is great. Expensive but worth it, as a little bit goes a long, long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2006 9:18:00 PM More reviews by blueberri

I love lemony flutter. I'm also one of those people that attacks their fingernails, and now find that instead of doing that I rub in some lemony flutter, which is a great distractant and also leaves me with lovely looking nails!

I consider this "dirt cheap" because you use so little, this stuff will last forever! I've done a decant into a little mini jar, which I carry with me always, some for my mum, friends etc, and there's still more than I'll be able to use in the next two years!

I've read many people have problems with this, finding it too greasy and doesn't soak in. You only use the tiniest amount, literally only touch your finger to the product, and what is on your finger is enough to do 1-2 nails.

The scent is also something I love - so fresh and lemony, it makes me want to go out for lemon merangue pie!

It also doubles as a wonderful lip gloss (very, very nice!!), and moisturiser for those horrible red patches of skin that crop up in winter. Also, feet and elbows are softened beautifully with this, and you can make up an amazing foot/hand scrub with a little lemony flutter mixed with ocean salt scrub.

So:
Tastes gorgeous
Scrubs gorgeous
....Is gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2006 7:27:00 PM More reviews by jessikanikole

i really like this stuff, and it is a good escape for those who, like myself, are trying to get away from the body shop.
but i put this on under the gloves for the night and everything looks a lot better in the morning. i think if i did it every night that my hands would look perfect, but i am too lazy for that. but when i start noticing that my hands need some love and put this on, they are grateful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2006 5:32:00 PM More reviews by SoutherLushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really like this cuticle cream. Has made my nails grow back nice and strong. Keep it in my desk at the office and use it everyday. Even though I use it ALL the time, I still have over half of the container left. A little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by desiree_e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is awesome! If you like La Perla's Eclix, you will like the scent of this--lemon and a little vanilla. I think it's pretty yummy, and I only use it at night so it wouldn't really bother me either way. It has a thick, kind of hard texture in the package, but totally melts on application. You only need a little bit of this. I use it on my hands and elbows at night. You could definitely use it all over, whereever you want. Love it.