July 24, 2014 | 1927 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really can't figure out how Ardell Brow and Lash Accelerator works. It really shouldn't "accelerate" your lash and brow hair growth, causing new eyelashes and eyebrow hairs to appear. But, oddly enough, it does seem to do just that. I can't explain the science behind it, but it really does seem to work! Check out aocoats' review on 5/23/2007 for a more logical explanation.

I have more sparse eyelashes and eyebrow hair on my left side, which is why I wanted to try this. Within a week of using this twice daily, it did indeed look like I had more eyelashes growing on my left side. This growth spurt did not affect my eyebrows quite so much. After about a week, I felt like I really did get my money's worth out of this, due to the eyelash growth. So I stopped using it regularly. (Can't say laziness isn't a part of my cutting back on using this.) Now that I only use it occasionally, the results are not as prominent. But I'm already happy with what has taken place, and I'm not sure how much more this product can do, so I'm fine with just maintaining what's been done.

I find that the almost 100% clear gel-like consistency of this, and the mascara wand-like spoolie are perfect for holding my brows in place. I also use this as a mascara primer, and I like it better than the Clinique lash primer I have, since the Ardell gel is not pure white and it leaves my lashes much softer and less crunchy. I feel like this product is definitely keeping my brows and eyelashes conditioned and healthy. I notice that some people are complaining that their tubes are starting to smell and turn a different color. I've had my tube for quite a while, and it has done neither thing. It's just as fresh as when I bought it. I highly suggest using Brow and Lash Growth Accelerator ONLY after you have just washed your face, brows and eyes especially. Don't risk contaminating your tube by applying it hours later, after you've been rubbing your eyes or scratching your face. And make sure that all of your brow powder or mascara is removed before using this, because makeup products could also be a possible contaminant.

I do still get eyelash fallout, even with my occasional use of this product, but it doesn't seem to be as much fallout as I had before using this. Ardell Brow and Lash Growth Accelerator will not keep your eyelashes in forever! And while it's good to get this product as close to your lashline as possible, don't get it onto your waterline or into your eye- it WILL sting for a while! I can't say that my eyelashes are much longer after using this, but I wasn't looking for longer lashes- just more lashes. Thicker lashes would have been nice, but again... more lashes is great. It thankfully doesn't seem to break me out when I use it on my brows. I have had a few pimples in my brows since I started using this, but I can't for sure trace the acne back to Ardell Brow and Lash Accelerator.

Bottom line: it's called "Brow and Lash Growth Accelerator," and I did experience better lashes for sure, so I'm a happy camper. I found this at Ulta for less than US$4 and I would definitely purchase it again at that cheap price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2006 9:49:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic product and you cannot beat the price. I cannot say that this lenghened my lashes but after four months of 2X daily use it promotes healthy lashes. So my lashes look longer and like I have more because they are not falling out or breaking off as easily. A must have item. Really contribues to great looking lashes. Paraben free.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 8:51:00 PM More reviews by suzi2qs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Good God! I wanted to love this, based one the reviews I thought surely that I would. This irritates my eyes SO badly. It feels like someone has thrown a handful of sand in my face. Tears, blurred vision, the whole nine yards. At the price, it did not break my heart to toss it in the trashcan.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by xoxrachel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After only a week of use, I see an improvement in my eyelashes. My upper lashes seem thicker and I can see new ones starting to grow in, while my lower lashes are noticeably longer. I definitely will be repurchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2006 6:18:00 PM More reviews by mtview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using ardell every night for 2.5 months now. I did noticed my lashes are longer after the first few weeks of ardell. I am very impressed. I have tried talika before and it made my eyes red, watery, and puffy. I had no bad reactions from ardell and you can't beat the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2006 12:24:00 AM More reviews by MzxLee

It hasn't even been a week yet and I am noticing some growth, especially on my lower lashes.
I have been wearing it as often as I possibly can, which is both during the day and night.
Also, it almost acts as a substitute for mascara. It separates my lashes nicely and can hold a curl.
I didn't give it five lipsticks only because it did sting a bit when it got into my eyes.
There is a distasteful smell to it, but only if you hold it up to your nose and you're really trying to smell something.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by bebeblondie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this might be more of a placebo effect. When I was using it I thought I had longer, thicker lashes and fuller brows, but now I'm not so sure; I think I may have been imagining things, which is easy to do with products like this. I was amazed that my lashes touched my brows when using this but I recently noticed that my lashes still touch my brows and I haven't used this in years, so they were probably that long to begin with and I had just never noticed. Anyway, this probably makes a decent lash conditioner, but I'm really not sure if it actually works to make them grow. I don't want to give it a terrible review though since I'm unsure as to whether it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2006 11:41:00 PM More reviews by usersilver

I'm in shock. This product really acutally works!!!!! I bought it for $3 at a random Rite aid thinking, what the heck, if it doesn't work it's only a few dollars. My lashes have always been short and not sparse or lush. I've been applying every day for a little over a week day and night, and I cannot beleive it but my lashses are most definitely longer. The difference is noticeable without mascara and va-voom with mascara. Still hoping for a little lush from this, and will update in about a month. In the meantime I've got a backup of this baby. This stuff is nothing short of fabulous.
Update: 11/6
Still using it every night. Longer lashes but no thickness.. still love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2006 3:53:00 AM More reviews by 245am

been using this for about a week and i love it! my eyelashes seemed thin and weak to me and mascara never seemed to hold them up. i kept hearing about this product and i finally found it at a drug barn. it's made my eyelashes stronger and i can see the difference, it's made them longer and my mascara holds the curl better. i am in love with this product and might try it on my eyebrows just to see what happens, even though they don't really need to be grown out. i wish i could have an unlimited supply of this in my makeup case!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2006 1:59:00 PM More reviews by 800256

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this after someone on the m/u board raved about it. So I went to my local Rite Aid an I got it. I've been using it day and night for 1 month now and I have noticed my lashes are longer and fuller. This product is worth a try since there are more similar items that are way more expensive. I find this to be my HG secret weapon!!!