September 23, 2014 | 1885 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by shinygolden

This is my HG foundation. I'm lucky that the 200 shade is a great match for me. Despite the price, they'd sell tons more of this if they'd make it in more shades, because it's so beautiful.

After going through a lot of trial and error, I discovered the trick that helps me apply Airflash--a damp sponge. I spray the foundation directly on my face (don't forget to shake really well!) in the "Z" motion they recommend. Then I blend with the damp sponge, especially around the eyes, where it may settle in fine lines. I also use the clean side of the sponge to wipe off my eyebrows and other places where I don't necessarily want foundation. I wash the sponge VERY frequently, and trade for a new one often.

After the first few times using it, I never had a problem with getting it on my hairline or clothes. Sometimes, if I want to be extra careful, I'll wrap my hair in a towel before using it. If I can, I also spray *before* getting entirely dressed.

Even though Airflash has a very light texture, I also get excellent coverage from it, on the high end of medium, if that makes any sense. If I have any boo boos or red areas on my face, a little Meow concealer takes care of that. (Meow makes the best concealer I have ever used, bar none.) Between Airflash and the Meow, my face has never looked better, really approaching the flawless ideal. To sum up: great coverage, very natural looking, long-lasting, even in our humidity. Like I said, HG!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 9:02:00 AM More reviews by roach915

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally, a foundation that covers without looking cakey. I spray some into the can lid, use a MAC stippling brush, and voila, I have flawless looking skin. I love this stuff. It's pricey, but I think it's fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by bbdarwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was skeptical about the idea of a spray foundation but I'm hooked. I usually just spray a little onto a sponge and then apply it to the face. If sprayed directly onto the face you get more coverage but it is difficult to keep off the hairline. I prefer less coverage anyway. Either way it does result in an airbrushed look. In addition I have rosacea and after using this instead of a liquid foundation my skin improved dramatically.

The only negatives I have found to the spray foundations in general is that it can be difficult to tell when you are running low (this one only lasted 3 months) and they don't come in small enough sizes to go through airport security. The only downside to this particular one is that the color choices are limited. I was unable to find the right shade for fall/winter and had to switch to the ERA brand. The ERA product is wetter and not as easy to evenly apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by aconway86

This is the staple of my makeup collection, I could not substitiute it for wanything else. I get so many compliments, just today in bloomingdales a woman who worked for chanel commented on how flawless my skin looked. A few of my friends and my mother have purchased this since seeing how easy and well it works. People who are not into make up will appreciate how simple it is to use, and those who love makeup will appreciate the professional/airbrushed look . I absolutely love it !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by milliep22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this foundation. It's one of my HGs. Looks great on my skin. Doesn't feel heavy at all. So easy to use. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by b1mb088

I love this foundation its gotta be the best one ive ever used and i have tried them all.

It's medium/full coverage and it makes your skin totally flawless if you use it right.

BUY IT.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 9:15:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

The more I use is, the more I like it. I wasn't too sure about it at first but now I really like it. I spray it right on to my face and smooth some parts over with my fingers. IMO, it looks good a couple of minutes after it sets on your skin. Lastly power is quite good, and it doesn't look like you ar wearing foundation at all. The color selction is quite limited, and I'm about an NC35 ish, and I find it VERY difficult to find a color match. I got lucky with 300, which matches quite well.EDIT: 2 updates. First, 300 is a bit dark for me after all so I use very little to even out my skin and use concealor on the trouble spots, and second, as many have said before, this product is expensive and doesn't last you very long, about 2 months of daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kathy_in_california

Wow, I guess you'll either love or hate Airflash judging from the other reviews! I'm in the love category! I don't use it everyday, usually just when I want a more finished look. The 200 color works well for me. Airflash seems to work particularly well over another foundation, after spraying on I do a quick blending with a foundation brush, add some blush or bronzer and perfection! Ok, it is a bit messy, though - definately cover your hair around your face watch out for your clothing! But the finish is lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2007 12:18:00 AM More reviews by hellbreaker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I know you're not supposed to spray this directly on your face, but I do anyway, and the results are flawless! I have a really difficult time finding lightweight foundations and concealers that cover the redness on my face, but this covers every flaw, and it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing makeup. I'm on my second bottle of this and I still love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by texasmakeupgirly

Wow, after all the hype I thought I'd give it a try and it was a major downer! I'm with some of the other gals, $60 for a stellar foundation is something I'm willing to pay, but not for this! Don't get me wrong, the "airbrush" look it gives is nice, but it is drying and the color doesn't really blend and melt into the skin like a product of this calibur should. I hate to run back to Nordstrom and return it since I've used it a couple times, but I'd rather put that $60 towards other products that I'll actually use. I will not buy this product again, it was a disappointment.