Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Tried this on today at Nordies when the SA did my make up. I liked the coverage, and the application, color was perfect. I did begin to itch after a couple of hours, having to take this off soon after. I still have red spots, but those will go away soon...If I didn't have a reaction, I probably would like this foundation. I wouldn't have purchased it though, at almost $60 for a can!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Why don't they make this in colors light enough for fair-skinned people to use? The lightest color (beige 200) is Christina Aguilera colored. Wtf?

on 3/1/2008 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If I could find a color match I would totally get this. I tried the Beige 200. It feels incredibly smooth and light. Skin felt satiny. Good coverage - medium. However, the 200 was the closest color match and it did not have enough gold in it for me - and was too light. It is a pale beige/neutral shade. The other shades were all wrong and could not be blended together to get the shade I needed. Also I have oily skin, large pores and it covers beautifully - flawless - just not the right color.

None of the below are EXACT color matches which is why I am still looking but I used them all and are the closest shades to my skin tone.

Beige 200 will not work if you are the below:

Light-medium skin - yellow undertones
Almay Sand - light beigey yellow
Nars Budapest (slightly more olivey than me)
Cargo 40
Stila 30 watts
Shisheido 040 (slight orangey tone)
Dior 21 (linen) (beigy tone but with hint of yellow)
Mac 25-30
Bobbi Brown Warm Sand/Warm Beige blend

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved how this product looked on my face. Absolutely gorgeous and flawless. Left my skin looking dewy and fresh. I wouldn't buy this again because for the price, it doesn't last long. Like 2 weeks for me when liquid foundations usually last me much much longer. If it lasted a few more weeks I would say get it but alas, it doesn't.

on 2/23/2008 12:09:00 AM

Pros: 1) easy and fun application
2) beautiful look; melts into skin to provide invisible coverage
Cons: 1) very expensive!
2) contains chemicals that may be potentially dangerous with long-term use, such as aluminum/magnesium hydroxide stearate.

No way I'm going to waste $60.00 on a can of nasty chemicals!

on 2/19/2008 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

first of all, i didnt think this foundation is overly expensive, quite comparable to other high-end traditional foundation. I love this product. Normally i use a mineral foundation and this is the only other product suitable for my acne-prone skin. It took some trial and error to figure out the least messy way of application To avoid getting it on my hair i wear a shower cap when spraying it on and make sure all my hair is tucked inside. Afterwards wipe off those that ended up on the eyebrows with a damp tissue, and apply mascara after so the foundation-coated lashes dont stay looking white. I dont use it everyday becos it gives a very "done" look, rather just use it for evenings, if I need a perfect finish, or on my worst breakout days-it covers spots without any tell tale signs, probably becos it goes on as a spray, and doesnt look flaky. Best of all, it's very long-wearing, I normally have combo-oily skin but the foundation stays matte throughout the day without blotting or powdering, and still looks fresh at the end of day. I think it's a great one to use for things like wedding, long day(going out after work). Another thing, after you spray it on, just dab lightly on areas that have accumulated too much foundation to smooth it out, otherwise it looks quite ghastly. Like I say, slightly tricky to use in the beginning but fine with some practice. I think this is one of the most innovative products in the cosmetics field.

P.S. found new way to use it: good to use as spot coverage by spraying on local areas only rather than all over. I have even tried to spray some directly on a finger then dab lightly on spots as a concealer. Works a treat and stays on and on. Brilliant.

PPS bought a second can of shade 200 as before but somehow the colour is different to previous, more pinky/orangey, looks horrible on me. Left in the bottom of the drawer. Maybe the company changed the shade but kept the same code? Should have tested it at the counter but I didnt cos i thought i am just buying the same thing again. very annoyed

on 2/18/2008 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this as I have been searching and searching for a foundation that I could use for night time pictures...a special occasion foundation....I wore this to a wedding and as soon as I got to the reception, I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and about died, it looked like I was wearing no foundation, there was zero coverage! Ugh, I felt bad about my appearance the whole time as bad as that seems...maybe this would work as a final dusting over another liquid foundation, but that is not what I wanted it for...this was a very expensive, disappointing mistake...def. save your receipt, this went back the next morning!

on 2/18/2008 1:40:00 PM

I was soooooo excited to get this product, i went back and forth in my head about whether or not to cough up the money. I have yellow undertones so the rumors i heard about this product being orangey didnt bother me. Little did i know! This is perfect for people who are in fact oompa loompas, but i have yet to meet one. Its way too sheer, bright orange, and really expensive. keep your reciept!!

on 2/18/2008 1:13:00 PM

This foundation is one of the best. I am very fair but even the lightest color they have (200) which looked like beige...looks good on me. Not make me break out and not make me look oily. You can also wear it without a setting powder. It’s just another great product by CD!

on 2/11/2008 2:26:00 PM

This product is truly amazing and if I had lots of money to spend on makeup, I'd keep a case of this stuff under my sink. I tried it even though I knew if I loved it, I would never be able to buy it for every-day-wear. Of course, I fell in love with it and so now reserve it for special events when I want to look my best. I have acne-prone, sensitive skin and it didn't cause any problems. It was light but complete in coverage. If only I could afford to use this as my one and only...

Video Reviews & Tutorials