April 16, 2014 | 1991 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 6:31:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is great- so glowy and 'airbrush' looking. BUT the shade 300 which i was recommended as a 'nice and natural' shade for my tan nc30ish skintone is actually ORANGE. Its not even that its too dark, but my neck looks a med-brown and my face is ORANGE. also i hate the smell. but i still like the overall texture and finish of this foundation i may try the 200 although the 200 in diorlight is way too pale. HATE dior's shades!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2007 10:51:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wear foundation when going out at night and am very choosy about the type I use - which is spray or nothing. Diorskin Airflash is only one of two spray foundations I have tried and loved, and I'm just crazy about this one! I am pretty fair, and the lightest shade 200 provides just enough warmth to my complexion, yet without leaving any line of demarcation. Before application, I put on a nurse cap - and place a towel over my chest and shoulders if I'm already dressed - and spray over the face in a quick S-motion. I learned quickly that this spray foundation required no sponge-blending.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2007 8:28:00 AM More reviews by lisaorr2

I have combination acne prone skin and this foundation broke me out within hours of putting it on. Yes it does stay on all day but your skin feels like it cannot breath. The initial result after applying is airbrushed but throuhout the day you look very oily and its too much bother to go cover up your hair and clothes again so you can touch up! My skin is only clearing up again now, a week after I used it. My suggestion for anyone with combination skin is firstly use Liz Earle repair moisturiser (light) it keeps your skin matt and holds your foundation on all day, followed by lily lolo mineral foundation. A shine free airbrushed look all day :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really on the fence with this one. When you first apply it with the rest of the Airflash/Backstage Dior products it looks amazing, but it definitely doesn't have much staying power and I'm not sure if it's too sheer, or too yellow on my skin but something just isn't quite right. Also, I can't get past the price for the amount in a can so I guess my final verdict is that this isn't all that and I doubt I will be repurchasing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Sunscreen1

When I wore this out two people said I looked orange. I have the 200. This foundation has a really nice finish but looks really, really bad if you use it as concealer like the salesperson at dior told me to do. So not worth 60 bucks. I switched to Flirt Act Natural Tinted Moisturizer, which I am now in love with! Plus,it's a steal at only 12 bucks!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Jaemi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best foundation! I get compliments all the time about how nice my skin looks. It's expensive, but worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by christine21

I kind of have mixed feelings about this product, I'm a huge Dior addict and as soon as it came out I bought a can, with high hopes of it giving me a flawless, photoshopped look. I'm only 16 and still in high school but I've taken classes in cosmetology and make up artistry, I've tried every single foundation there is out there...and to be honest it wasn't that great. The coverage isn't that wonderful, nice for a natural look I suppose...there's hardly any shades to chose from, and it didn't last very long without me having to add touch ups with my Chanel powder foundation.

All in all...it didn't look BAD, but it wasn't perfect either. And perfection is what I need. :) I use Lancome foundation now and I find it works much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by bebe426

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the Airflash, especially after they changed the spray (it's a lot finer than previously) and the size is bigger too (more bang for the buck). I love this foundation because it leaves your skin glowy and illuminating. I usually use it alone during the day but at night I would use it to set my makeup. It does take a little getting used to spraying a foundation on and to not get it around the hair line but once you get the hang of it, you will love it! It's fast and simple and although a little pricey, it feels much better than some other foundations on the market.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by annalobodziec

I bought this product,because someone promised me flawless look and natural finish.So what I really think about that.I think that no 3 is great for those with warm,a bit tanned skin,no 2 is just pink and no 1 very light.I like to use it on the top on my normal liquid foundation, so then it gives a flawless finish,when I use it alone is not enought coverage for me,but still perfect for night out.When use alone is natural,but you not gonna see the efects,if you will use to much you will see powder on your face.I reccomend this to use on special nights on top of other foundation.Sorry for my English.
I tried SKII air brush foundation and to compare,SKII is more expensive-a lot of more and is advised to use it on top of make up,but the effects are spectacular-great skin.Dior is more havy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by bikini21

Went to Sephora to buy it after reading the great reviews here, but they were out of #300 (only shade out of the 4 available that looked similar to my shade).. and so went to Macys and bought it at the Dior counter for 60.00 beans! One of 2 most expensive foundations I have bought so far... other one is the Custom Blend from Prescriptives.

I tried the AirFlash two days later, and it honestly is kind of hard to spray evenly onto my face... I used the circular motions that some recommended in other reviews, but it came out gunky and it is hard to keep my finger at the same pressure for my entire face (gets really tiring!). As it turns out, some parts were a little heavier-looking, and I had to use my Bobbie Brown foundation brush and blend it to other face parts so that it wouldn't looks so uneven. The nose is particularly difficult to spray due to the angles of the nose. The spray really got everywhere! On my eyelashes (had to put on extra extra mascara to cover the foundation color) and my eyebrows (used hot water on paper towel to remove) and worst of all is it went all over my hair! And it really stayed put on your hairline.. so, you have to use water to get rid of the foundation, which would be bad if you had styled your hair a particular style... but I didn't that day and I just used water to rub out the foundation.

As for the wear, it really does wear well.. from morning to night, and I was out for 10+ hours, and it looked really fresh up until I removed it.

All in all, I have had this foundation for about 1.5 weeks and I only used it ONCE. I think it is a hassle putting it on: you need a steady finger pressure, aerosol makes it go everywhere, and you need to retouch with foundation brush on over-sprayed spots and the nose areas. As much as I wanted to like the Dior AirFlash, I would not buy this again.. you can just save money and buy a professional airbrush system if you really want the airbrushed look! Hmm.. that's a thought for me! Hope this is hopeful to those debating to get this or not! It is a steep investment! ($60 for a can; 4 shades)