November 24, 2014 | 1225 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by PetuniaP

This is the absolute BEST foundation that I have ever used ever ever ever! I have horrific luck with foundations creasing or sliding off my face by the end of the day. This foundation covers EVERYTHING and looks natural. You don't need to use powder to set. The only tricky thing is application. The salesperson suggested that I spray it on my face. That's a mess! Instead, I spray directly onto a foundation brush and it looks gorgeous. One down side is the price. I try to use it only when necessary, but nothing else in my makeup bag compares. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2007 2:39:00 PM More reviews by fireflit

I haven't decided whether I truly like this product or not even though I want to love it. I rarely use foundation and don't need much coverage - I decided to try this product because I am looking for a foundation that will give me a flawless look on my wedding day should I decide to try to do my own makeup.

PROS: great coverage if you're looking for an airbrushed look, not so good if you want a more natural look

CONS: limited color choices, price, feels disgusting if it gets on my hair or hairline (I apply while wearing a shower cap), need to quickly wipe the product off my eyebrows so I donít look like I have a hazy film of color over my entire face

I bought shade #300. I wanted something a tad darker but #400 is too dark and there is nothing in between.

I feel that although shade #300 blends into my face, the shade is more pasty white than golden (I'm a little tan) and it gives my face a dull color. Looking at pictures of nights Iím using this product, I think the coverage replaces the tan glow on my face without the foundation with a dull and matte finish. Not sure why Iím not getting the glowing/dewy look all the other positive reviewers seem to be getting.

I tried Laura Mercierís foundation and I like the finish on Laura Mercierís much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by adopt_a_stray

WARNING: This product broke me out like nothing I've ever experienced before. I wore it for 2 days and thought this would be a great option for time-crunch days. With just a few seconds of application, my foundation was done. The color match of 200 was fairly close and all seemed right with the world. Until I noticed some small bumps on my forehead the evening of day 2. Waking up on day three I had the worst breakout I've had since puberty. I have 10, yes TEN, large, red cystic pimples: 4 on my forehead, 3 on my chin and... THREE on the tip of my nose. One huge zit on the side of each nostril and one on the very tip of my nose. Large, red and flaming (Rudolph?). I have acne-prone skin, but it's usually hormone related. I have never had this kind of a breakout from a product before. It's going to take at least a month for my skin to recover :-( If you are going to try this product, please test on a small area for a few days first! (ps: it lists butane and propane in the ingredients -- that can't be good for the skin)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by schminken

I think I might have found it...that holy grail foundation that we all seek. I have tried probably everything on the market from NARS to Stila to vincent longo to drugstore to lancome to almost every mineral makeup. THe only foundation that Ive repurchased over and over is Tarte's Smooth Operator because it makes me look really glowy and the color match is dead on but it doesnt work when I need more coverage. Currently I was wearing BE and wasnt happy with it. I have very sensitive skin prone to cysts. I also have several acne scars.
Yes 60 dollars is a lot. But I think this one is worth it. Itn fact, the finish is almost TOO perfect. You really will look airbrushed. The color selection does suck. I wear 200 and Im a MAC NC25/Tarte SO Veil/BB Warm Sand/BE Fairly Light/Jane Irdale Warm SIlk. They really do need make some more colors. But overall, I look and feel so pretty in this. Thank you Dior!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by cattelia

I always, always hated putting on makeup, first of all because it takes too long, I like having foundation on if I do put makeup on.
Well yesterday should prove to be the best day in my life (of makeup). I went to a mall and had a free make-up styling at the dior stand. She used the dior airflash and I was sold.
It really covers everything, redness, spots.. you name it. And in 2-3 seconds you got perfect skin. How hard can it be? Although I was worried that it would take a degree to master the can, I did it once, and the result was perfect.. again. And the best: it feels so soft against the skin, like I've got nothing on but the best skin in the world.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

When I want to look like some kind of orange, I'll come back to this. Oh yah, Halloween is only a few days away.

I hate this product. I don't understand the hype. The product dries really fast which makes it impossible to blend and the color range is laughable. I was sold when the SA tried it out on me but when I went home, within an hour I was one big orange. Talk about the worst buy ever and $65 isn't cheap. I rather spend it on Chanel or Laura Mercier foundations.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by shinygolden

This is my HG foundation. I'm lucky that the 200 shade is a great match for me. Despite the price, they'd sell tons more of this if they'd make it in more shades, because it's so beautiful.

After going through a lot of trial and error, I discovered the trick that helps me apply Airflash--a damp sponge. I spray the foundation directly on my face (don't forget to shake really well!) in the "Z" motion they recommend. Then I blend with the damp sponge, especially around the eyes, where it may settle in fine lines. I also use the clean side of the sponge to wipe off my eyebrows and other places where I don't necessarily want foundation. I wash the sponge VERY frequently, and trade for a new one often.

After the first few times using it, I never had a problem with getting it on my hairline or clothes. Sometimes, if I want to be extra careful, I'll wrap my hair in a towel before using it. If I can, I also spray *before* getting entirely dressed.

Even though Airflash has a very light texture, I also get excellent coverage from it, on the high end of medium, if that makes any sense. If I have any boo boos or red areas on my face, a little Meow concealer takes care of that. (Meow makes the best concealer I have ever used, bar none.) Between Airflash and the Meow, my face has never looked better, really approaching the flawless ideal. To sum up: great coverage, very natural looking, long-lasting, even in our humidity. Like I said, HG!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 9:02:00 AM More reviews by roach915

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally, a foundation that covers without looking cakey. I spray some into the can lid, use a MAC stippling brush, and voila, I have flawless looking skin. I love this stuff. It's pricey, but I think it's fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by bbdarwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was skeptical about the idea of a spray foundation but I'm hooked. I usually just spray a little onto a sponge and then apply it to the face. If sprayed directly onto the face you get more coverage but it is difficult to keep off the hairline. I prefer less coverage anyway. Either way it does result in an airbrushed look. In addition I have rosacea and after using this instead of a liquid foundation my skin improved dramatically.

The only negatives I have found to the spray foundations in general is that it can be difficult to tell when you are running low (this one only lasted 3 months) and they don't come in small enough sizes to go through airport security. The only downside to this particular one is that the color choices are limited. I was unable to find the right shade for fall/winter and had to switch to the ERA brand. The ERA product is wetter and not as easy to evenly apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by aconway86

This is the staple of my makeup collection, I could not substitiute it for wanything else. I get so many compliments, just today in bloomingdales a woman who worked for chanel commented on how flawless my skin looked. A few of my friends and my mother have purchased this since seeing how easy and well it works. People who are not into make up will appreciate how simple it is to use, and those who love makeup will appreciate the professional/airbrushed look . I absolutely love it !