Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I hadnít bought this before b/c a long while back I had tried ERA spray foundation and really disliked it-so I naturally thought this would be the same. It wasnít until I happened to pass by when the SA convinced me to stop and try it. It was amazing stuff! I was really blown away at how much it covered but in a completely natural way. It didnít look cakey, feel heavy, my face didnít look crackled, and best of all it really did look air brushed. I was really impressed by this foundation until she rang me up-I gasped for a second but knew this was well worth the price. I spray in a circle, use my BeautyBlender sponge to stipple and blend, the result flawless. My favorite part of all is that it lasts all day long and it looks amazing in photos (no white face). It wasnít until now that I finally found my HG of all foundations-if I want sheer coverage I spray just a tiny bit and use my fingers to blend, add a bit of my MUFE HD powder, and Iím good all day. I will admit it is a little tricky at first-I also got some on my hair line but quickly used a comb with a little water and off it came. The SA suggested to spray in my hand and use it that way but it seems like a waste to me that way-I tried it and didnít like that method you end up using too much product. I would absolutely buy this again and again. One thing there isnít much of a color range to choose from and the available colors are on the lighter side.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Dior is For Decadence. Airflash is such an amazing product.
The packaging is sleek and portable, the smell is not overpowering at all, and the finish is dewy and set. I spray this in the "Z" recommendation and buff it with a kabuki or foundation brush upwards. This makes your skin glow on auto-pilot!

This made my skin glow, perfected and literally picture-friendly. Of course, with the basic routine of also using a primer, Dior Airflash will literally make your skin look so luscious and it stays put for hours on end.

I bought this foundation for the annual Coachella Music Festival and with the heat blazing through the desert, this made my skin literally perfect.

I finally found My Top Foundation of the moment, and I will be swimming in Dior Decadence for a very long time.

Jetaime Dior!

I like this foundation. BUT I cannot use it as a spray. I make SUCH a sorry mess of it. The last time I tried, I got it all over my hair (in spite of the fact that I wore a hairband), as well as all over the bathroom (you know when cartoon characters run through a wall and leave their shape cut out on it? That's what my bathroom wall looked like). Maybe I spayed too much, or maybe I just don't have the knack for it, I don't know. And I didn't like the finish, either. Made my pores look more obvious than they already are. However, I sprayed it on a fdt brush and that did the trick. And then, I "blotted" it with a sponge, for safe measure, and I got excellent coverage w/o the masky look. I even got complimented on my "nice" skin at work (God bless artificial light and short-sighted clients!) Will I repurchase? I don't know. It's a bit pricey, although as a Sephora employee, I get a very good discount. I am not unhappy with this fdt, and yes, I would recommend it. But I'm still going to continue looking for that HG, I think. And yes, they could do with a larger selection of colors. I use 200 and it's a bit too light for me. But I dust my face ever so lightly with Nars' Laguna bronzer and that corrects it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is a must for everybody's makeup bag! Not only was application very easy, it also left the skin with a flawless finish! I use this product every chance I get. It works great for film/TV/Print and special events like weddings. Besides the flawless look it gives, the product also has a fantastic long last wear! If you have a Dior counter in your area, then stop by and pick up airflash makeup today!

Used this for a long period, and spent $60 every two weeks as it runs out very fast. I wear make-up daily for my job managing FOH for a slinky glamourous restaurant - so looking polished is important.

However, embarassingly when I got double kissed by my French co-workers each day I was leaving orangey marks on the chef's whites just by brushing near his face. The slick French waiters lips were left with a ghostly loking beige cover after kissing me. The swaggering French VIP host's Armani suit was leftwith beige marks from getting in close to me for his double kiss he always gave when greeting me. Well not everyone works with an all French staff that gets so close to you daily. However, it just shows how easily this shit comes off!

Next, it is very easy to overuse. I started off on a good footing with this product using a lighter colour while living in NY.. I moved to Miami and moved to a darker shade to match my tan. Either way, I was often left with an oily film from overspraying and it looked lke I had blonde roots on m brunette hair as the foundation covered it.

On a positive note, this foundation could be great if applied carefully, taking time to consider distances to spray from and for someone with the tie to take it all of if you mess up, If sprayed correctly, in a a colour lighter than or equal to your skin it can give an amazing flawless finish. I did sometimes get great comments about my skin when wearing it being told it was dewy, flawessly smooth etc. However, this sort of use if perfect for a one-time special night, in order to look fab on photos (this foundation makes your skin look fab in photos).

Summary: No good for everyday use due to expense, overly made-up look and long time you need to put aside to remove make-up in case of an easy blunder applying,

Reserve use for weddings, proms, important night time events/ parties.

It's all in how you apply this product! It can look really heavy if you spray directly all over the face like the instructions show, in a zig zag. I recommend spraying into the cap and then using abrush, or just a quick squirt on the cheeks then blending with the brush. It gives a great finish on top of concealer and is easy to use.

My gripes are the price and the fact that it's not for oily girls. It tens to shine a couple hours post application.

I don't think I'd buy again because I want something with more staying power for my oily t-zones.

I absolutely adore this foundation! It has been the best one I have tried. It gives a very beautiful, radiant finish and gives buildable coverage. I like the spray application as well, although I usually spray it on the back of my hand and then use a sponge to apply it to my face. This avoids any of the problems other users have been experiencing, such as getting it on eyebrows etc and using too much. I would definitely recommend applying only a little, and then checking in the mirror before applying more, so you have a more natural look. I find that one bottle lasts me about 2-3 months. After using Airflash, I can't imagine using any other foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Okay, so this is such a complicated product to review. For me there is a lot to say on this stuff! It comes in a can, which you spray on your face. I tried this at the Dior counter, and then (stupidly) bought it without wearing it through- as I definatley felt under pressure to buy from the SA- but anyway!

Firstly, the spray concept. It may sound easy, and it is in a way- but so many things can go wrong! If you spray too close you will get a thick orange mask, and too far away you will get bad coverage and foundation all over you. Which brings me along nicely to point number two. I am not orange. Who exactly IS? Seriously, come ON Dior. It isn't just this foundation- all their foundations start at the same 'light day go orange'. I have light blonde hair, white PALE skin and bright blue eyes. So yeah- that is what comes on Scottish/Swedish heratige! I CAN'T wear this. I know people say 'Oh blend it- it suits everyone!' well no, I HAVE to have a pale foundation for my PALE skin! Enough of the rant! One size does NOT fit all, and neither does one SHADE! Lol okay now I will stop!

Once I got everything as good as it was going to look, the foundation did stay on all day, but my skin was so oily you could have scraped the grease off and fried an egg with it. That is a shame really- greasy AND orange. See, not if this came in my colour then I would try agin maybe. Coverage was good. Easy and hygenic. Although I found this looked amazing on top of foundation- but who can afford THAT lol. I fell that if this was pale enough for me, a bit of my own powder on top would take care of the greasies and I would have the fresh, doll like skin I have always dreamed of! Untill then this foundation looks awful on me.

All in all not a good exprience. After trying to love it a couple of times I took it back and got a full refund. The worst was yet to come though- my skin broke out with about 3 spots on each cheek, and a monster spot on my chin! Definatley stay away from this stuff if you have even slightly sensitive skin. I gues that must be all the scary chemicals in it in order to make it an aerosol.

Overall I think this would work for darker skins, which are not greasy or dry skinned. It would be great if you had good skin, and just wanted a perfect finish. Expensive, and not good for me.

I have a negative opinion regarding the Diorskin Airflash foundation...I tried it on today (just killing the time) and wore it thru the afternoon....My shade was 200, not quite the perfect match, but close enough (at least in the dept. store lighting)... After looking into a mirror for the first time, I immediatley was dissapointed....it gave me a psuedo-porcelain doll complexion- It looked very fake...the coverage was scary... I can't quite explain it, but all I know is that I was soooo happy to see my skin after I took it off. =D I didn't recognize myself in the mirror...When you wear a foundation, isn't it supposed to look like you're not wearing any-like its your 'natural' skin???! With this, you could totally tell!! It looks very unnatural...and hues orange very quickly! Anyway, Diorskin foundation is packaged in an aeresol can, and to apply, you have to shake and spray (and evenly, at that)...the finish is very matte, and accentuates *every* fine, even unseen line on your face. I was shocked when I looked in the mirror-it ages you!!! Bleh- I'm 21!! I looked old and my skin felt parched!! I never have this issue! When I went to remove this (right when I got home), it took forever to get all the foundation off, and even then, I had tons on my neck and ears to remove with a toner, I actually had to take a mid-day shower to take this crap off!....hmm..needless to say, I would never wear this foundation again. I can't even see someone wearing this for everyday m/u application...such a hassle, poor results, and the $$ is ridiculous.. Diorskin Airflash retails for over $60, which in my honest opinion is $60 too much...I would advise any potential buyers to shop around, test it for a few days at the counter-try out SH, seriously....Moral of the story: I should never have strayed away (even for a few hours) from my dear L'Oreal Bare Naturale MMU-and at a fraction of the cost, why would I??

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Although this foundation didn't work for me I still believe that its a great and unique product.The only reason that didn't work for me was the fact that provides minimum coverage and of course I can layer it but then 1)doesnt look "airflash" and looks like a powdery foundation and 2)If I use the amount that I want to get full coverage this wont last me more than a week.As a make up artist I use this mostly on young girls with slightly oil or normal skin that don't need much coverage and the result is great looks like a velvet Vail on the skin.Also this is quite tricky in application if I use it on my self I always get "white" eye brows and white hair line :):)This in my opinion works best not with brushes or sponges just spray it on your face and then use your fingers to set it with taping motions.Gives matte finish and lasts all day
INGREDIENTS:Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.