November 1, 2014 | 794 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Mary Kay - Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 12:21:00 AM More reviews by weboat2

This is the best eye makeup remover I've used. It takes off all my shadow, mascara and eyeliner without tugging or pulling on my eyes. Also it doesn't make my eyes hurt or burn. Best I've found so far

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Jubilee

I hate to admit love for anything MK, but this has become my HG of makeup removers. It really does get every little bit off, and it's not at all oily or greasy. The price isn't horrible ($14 US) I've tried everything from expensive Px to L'Oreal to CG and nothing does as good a job. Highly recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 2:19:00 AM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Pros: It removes most of my makeup without scrubbing, and takes it all off with a little more effort. I like how the bottle is a soft, squeezy plastic and how it has a little stopper in the neck of the bottle, which helps to guard against pouring out more product than you actually need. And unlike other eye makeup removers I have used, it doesn't sting the eyes. The Cons: It says "oil-free" on the label but feels QUITE greasy on my skin nonetheless. I'd love to know what's creating the separation in the bottle and the slick feeling on my face, if it's not oil, but alas, Mary Kay does not provide ingredient listings on the product itself or on their website. This is a BIG drawback for me. I'm not too picky about the ingredients found in products I use topically, but nevertheless, I'm unimpressed when companies are not forthcoming with the ingredients they use. So... points lost there! The packaging, while functional, is far from cute... if I'm spending nearly 20 dollars on a product (it cost me around $17 CAD) then I want it to be something I can display proudly on my dresser. Lastly, while the formula doesn't sting, it does leave me with blurry vision for a moment after I use it. All in all, I think this is a pretty average product with a price too high for what it is. I will experiment with other brands before I consider repurchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

The ONLY eye makeup remover I will use!
I LOVE IT! It gets every last bit of shadow, mascara, & liner off my eyes. Nothing else works as good!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely the best eye makeup remover! Gentle, non-oily, yet moisturizing, and removes it all without leaving residue.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by diamondprincess79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it..it works like a charm everytime. Go and get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by kcroxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to use waterproof mascara so it won't flake off in my contact lenses and the waterproof mascara doesn't come off so easily, so I really like the Mary Kay Eye Makeup Remover as it really helps get all of the waterproof mascara off so easily! I especially like the travel size version Mary Kay puts out every once in a while, so I don't have to travel with the larger size bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by loogie

This product works well but it is pricey compared to other products that seem to have the same formulation. Neutrogena Oil Free is the same but a fraction of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2007 5:35:00 AM More reviews by seablues

UPDATE: Still the best eye-makeup remover I've tried since leaving Mary Kay a year ago. Removes TooFaced Lash Injection Mascara easily if you let it soak the mascara for 5-10 seconds before wiping away. No pain or tugging involved. Highly recommend. Get it cheaper from consultants who are going out of business and have loads of inventory on their shelves - ask for date codes to confirm it's fresh.

As much as I hate to support pyramid schemes, this is so far my HG eye makeup remover. Nothing else dissolves it so quickly without stinging. I've gotten it in my eyes before while wearing contacts without consequence. I don't like that I have to use quite a bit each time to really dissolve the makeup off w/o rubbing too hard - it's $14 a bottle retail (that means your consultant only pays $7 or less). Still, I haven't found anything better, and I do love this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 12:04:00 PM More reviews by auntnett

I sold Mary Kay for a little while in the mid 90's, but even while doing so, I only used certain MK products, continuing to use my favorites from other product lines - what can I say? I'm fickle. No, really, I just know what I like, and I don't care if it's a drugstore brand or department store or whatever - Lancome and Chanel to Mary Kay to Cover Girl and Maybelline!

Anyway, this is one Mary Kay product that I continue to use to this day. I have also used Cover Girl eye makeup remover because of its ready availability and it works fine, but my favorite is this Mary Kay product because it really is oil-free and, thus, doesn't leave that oily film in my eyes that the Cover Girl can.

First be sure to shake it up well since it separates, then I squeeze a couple of drops directly onto my clean fingers, gently rub it on my eyes, then remove it with a clean tissue draped over my index finger. I then repeat to remove my Cover Girl Outlast lipcolor.

I prefer this to using a cotton ball or cotton pad because I don't like getting the cotton fuzz in my eyes AND you use a lot more product than necessary squeezing it onto a cotton ball or pad. With this method, a bottle lasts me a long time, probably well over a year, so the $14 cost isn't too bad.

I have found no makeup it doesn't work on from the most waterproof mascara (Cover Girl Marathon or Revlon Colorstay Lash Tint) to the most stubborn all-day lipstick (Cover Girl Outlast).