April 20, 2014 | 1027 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2003 10:41:00 AM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an OK face powder. I have really oily skin and this didn't seem to keep shine away any better than my much cheaper powder. The colors are really natural though. It has a sponge applicator which is nice because you can wash it periodically if needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2003 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Livia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good product overall. It does a very good job at keeping your skin matte (i need to blot mid-day), does not clog pores, and evens out the skin very nicely. I use this in Stay Golden, and I have been using it since 1999, and re-purchased it several times. I keep trying other products, but always come back to Stay Matte. I do not think that this is the best powder on the Market, but it's the best I've ever tried! And the price $22.50 CDN is not bad (when you compare the price w/ drugstore brands such as L'Oreal and Revlon, which can run up to $16-$20 CDN.) I do wish Clinique had a better color selection. I find that Stay Golden is a bit light for me in the summer when I get a tan. The next shade up is way too orange even for my tanned skin. I am a MAC NC35. I use this alone, not over foundation, and it works great, whether applied w/ the enclosed sponge applicator or with a large powder brush. I am satisfied w/ it, but I do think I will keep searching for a better one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2003 4:28:00 PM More reviews by MirandaRawson

I love this product. Definitely one of my must-haves for every day. I'm using Stay Neutral, and it goes with my skin perfectly. It's pretty much odorless, and it isn't chalky or too heavy. The only downside is the packaging is a little boring!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This did not work better for me than less expensive drugstore brands. For some reason, most powders seem to clog my skin, even though they are supposed to be non-comedogenic. There are few exceptions, and this powder is not one of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2003 2:49:00 PM More reviews by swilliams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really dissappointed in this product. I bought the stay true foundation which i really like and they recommended this stuff to go with it. I've got oily skin but this stuff just almost immediately looked cakey and I just wanted to wash it off and I sooo hate taking makeup back. Normally I will just keep things I even slightly like but I think this one is going back!! Next bought they NYC 1.99 stuff which I really love. Athough the packaging is cheesy but oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2003 2:20:00 PM More reviews by wyntyr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an average pressed powder IMHO. It really didn't help my oily nose to stay any matte(r) than usual. It has a nice consistency for a pressed powder but the name is a little misleading (for those with oily skin) that want a really matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2003 11:59:00 AM More reviews by pilarakemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this powder since I was 16. I have no idea why I keep trying other powders when I keep coming back to this one. It does the job and it never breaks me out. The only thing that I don't like is the color selection. I have it in Stay Buff and it's a very close match but not perfect. I've tried MAC, Bobbi Brown, Lorac and Benefit and I still keeo coming back to this one. You can't beat that price and the cute case.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2003 4:18:00 AM More reviews by teabox

Above-average but not particularly excellent face powder. Basic and simple and does its job. Nothing fancy. Nothing fabulous. Like everything else Clinique has, it is simple and straightforward, nothing impressively amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2003 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Lynnx47

Out of all the powders I've owned I've finally found the perfect one! I hate when you see a girl who has powder on and you can see the paricles all over her face...it looks dreadful. This is so invisible but still gives you a nice color and absorbs oil fantastic! Cheaper than most other powders too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2003 8:31:00 PM More reviews by gelly1000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my holy grail pressed powder! I love it! It is light, and it keeps your skin shine free. I use it alone, with no foundation or anything. THE BEST!