October 31, 2014 | 1228 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This did not work better for me than less expensive drugstore brands. For some reason, most powders seem to clog my skin, even though they are supposed to be non-comedogenic. There are few exceptions, and this powder is not one of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2003 2:49:00 PM More reviews by swilliams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really dissappointed in this product. I bought the stay true foundation which i really like and they recommended this stuff to go with it. I've got oily skin but this stuff just almost immediately looked cakey and I just wanted to wash it off and I sooo hate taking makeup back. Normally I will just keep things I even slightly like but I think this one is going back!! Next bought they NYC 1.99 stuff which I really love. Athough the packaging is cheesy but oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2003 2:20:00 PM More reviews by wyntyr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an average pressed powder IMHO. It really didn't help my oily nose to stay any matte(r) than usual. It has a nice consistency for a pressed powder but the name is a little misleading (for those with oily skin) that want a really matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2003 11:59:00 AM More reviews by pilarakemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this powder since I was 16. I have no idea why I keep trying other powders when I keep coming back to this one. It does the job and it never breaks me out. The only thing that I don't like is the color selection. I have it in Stay Buff and it's a very close match but not perfect. I've tried MAC, Bobbi Brown, Lorac and Benefit and I still keeo coming back to this one. You can't beat that price and the cute case.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2003 4:18:00 AM More reviews by teabox

Above-average but not particularly excellent face powder. Basic and simple and does its job. Nothing fancy. Nothing fabulous. Like everything else Clinique has, it is simple and straightforward, nothing impressively amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2003 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Lynnx47

Out of all the powders I've owned I've finally found the perfect one! I hate when you see a girl who has powder on and you can see the paricles all over her face...it looks dreadful. This is so invisible but still gives you a nice color and absorbs oil fantastic! Cheaper than most other powders too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2003 8:31:00 PM More reviews by gelly1000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my holy grail pressed powder! I love it! It is light, and it keeps your skin shine free. I use it alone, with no foundation or anything. THE BEST!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2003 10:23:00 PM More reviews by dmartin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite pressed powders...I have it in Stay Buff. It controls shine well,has a little coverage to it, and doesn't cake up. Compact is nice too,except the applicator stinks-I always buy my own puffs for in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2003 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bushe

This has honestly been keeping shine at bay. I have the shade stay spice. Hopefully they will come out with more shades. This shade only matches me in the summer. But i get a smooth finish. doesnt settle in any flakes and never feels heavy. Update Stay Spice is just still to dark and its the end of July. Made me look as if i had a dirty complexion. Not good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2003 1:07:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

This is a pretty good powder IMHO. It covers a little more than other pressed powders, almost to a light powder foundation. It leaves the skin matte, but nice, not chalky or dry. I would only recommend this for combo to oily though, I think it may be too dry for drier skins. Overall, a pretty good deal for a nice powder.