December 18, 2014 | 1771 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

PSA: Product was recently reformulated.

Product Info: Newly reformulated, this full-coverage, liquid foundation leaves a flawless, transfer-resistant, dewy and luminous finish that lasts for hours. Resistant against water and oil. PABA-free.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2006 1:25:00 AM More reviews by skyblued

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this foundation is superb~~~~~~~ yeah..ive found my HG foundation..it covers scars and pores nicely...it made me look like i was born wiv flawless skin..and yet natural~~ and the decent part is it doesnt oxidize during the mid day..still look fresh and pretty at the end of the day..it suit my moderate oily and acne prone skin..im using sp40 for fair asian skin..im so bliss with the result~~\^0^/ yea~

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2006 8:24:00 PM More reviews by shibalover

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The high SPF got me interested, but it was the actual performance of this great lightweight foundation that keeps me buying it. I tried so many foundations before finding this one, I had almost given up hope that I could ever find something that was easy to blend and stayed put, plus gives so much protection. My skin is fair, with reddish undertones, and #30 evens out my skin tone and is a perfect match.I had a basal cell cancer removed from my face, so I am concerned more than ever about sun protection. This foundation looks as good at 6pm as it does when I put it on at 7:30am. I also purchased Shiseido skin cleanser and that does a pretty good job of removing all traces of this, also have to agree with others on the board that DHC oil cleanser also does a great job.
The packaging is cute, and it comes with a little sponge in it's own compact.
This is my regular foundation year-round.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by willismss

I absolutely love this foundation! After going to the dermatologist and finding out I have a skincancer risk higher than most people, I decided I needed more than spf 15 in my foundations, or even 25. This glides on so smoothly and looks very natural. It cover well, even helps with the undereye circles. The packaging is e nice, but I wish it came with two sponges as mine seems to get dirty very fast. And washing it is hard cause of the staying power of the foundation. The sponge definitely helps spread this, i don't think anything else would do as good of a job. Love this! I am close to saying this is HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2006 7:52:00 PM More reviews by petzgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation, it covers beautifully by itself and doesn't break me out. I usually will mix a little of this and some sunscreen or moisturizer for light coverage. I love how it has a very nice matte finish and lasts a long time. And it has sunscreen too! ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2006 10:00:00 AM More reviews by horn2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh yeah! This is great! It has nice coverage and it keeps me from having to blot until much later in the day. And I love that it has sun protection.
When I first tried it I found that it broke me out and I was very disappointed because it looked so great and was perfect in every other way. I have since started using a cleansing oil (I like DHCs as well as MACs Cleanse Off)and this solved the break out issues entirely. If you decide to try this product you absolutely have to get some sort of good cleansing oil because this product doesn't remove easily.
I think they could do a better job with the color selection--it's not a sheer product and that makes finding a good match more critical. I wouldn't say this would be an easy foundation to buy without trying for that reason. Something odd about it is that SP10 really isn't lighter than the SP30 or the SP20. They are basically all the same level, but SP10 reads pinkish to me, SP20 was more of a golden peach undertone, and SP30 was yellow. I went with SP30 after initially trying SP10 and finding it oxidized orange on me in a matter of hours.
It does remind me of the long-wearing foundations from a while back...but this is much more blendable and doesn't look like a mask. I do like to use the Laura Mercier primer with it, althought it isn't entirely necessary to do so. I also sometimes use it over my Becca (which I consider a TM) on the Tzone if I want a bit more coverage in just a few areas. Oh, and the container is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2006 1:39:00 PM More reviews by sfbubbly

===Active ingredient=== titanium dioxide 13.9%
===Inactive ingredients=== cyclomethicone, water, trimethylsiloxysilicate, talc, dipropylene glycol, dimethicone copolyol, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, zinc myristate, tocopheryl acetate, stearyl glycrrhetinate, thiotaurine, octyl methoxycinnamate, isostearic acid, aluminum distearate, alumninum hydroxide, calcium stearate, triethoxycaprylsilane, glycerin, polysilcone-2, sodium citrate, palmitic acid, tocopherol, distearyldimonium chloride, trisodium edta, isopropyl alcohol, bht, methylparaben, fragrance, iron oxides
===Review=== This is a fantastic photostable (PA+++) sunscreen and foundation in one. The finish is matte, medium- to full-coverage, long wearing, and transfer resistant. It is best for exfoliated normal-to-oily skin as it does highlight any flakes and dry patches. I'm a C3 in MAC StudioFix and a Sunny Beige in Laura Mercier Oil-Free, and this in SP50 is the absolute best color match of any foundation I've ever tried. Plus, I am very acne-prone and it has not yet made me break out. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil followed by Johnson & Johnson head-to-toe baby wash works well too remove every trace at the end of the day - and it does last that long!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2006 1:15:00 AM More reviews by mariska

This is the best liquid foundation. I like the texture and the SPF. It just glides on my skin giving it a flawless look without making me too made up. It's not heavy at all, feels soft and with just a little blending it disappears into my skin. The bottle seems tiny, but lasts through many uses and it comes with a sponge inside this little container. I've used this at the beach, outdoors in the snow and for everyday. This can stay on my face far longer than other foundations, but I don't mind. Two sheets of facial wipes cleans it all up at night. I wish Shiseido would make concealer/eye cream with SPF like this. Very happy! I'm buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2005 3:08:00 AM More reviews by daphne_elise

OMG I'm in love. I bought this foundation only after reading the reviews here, and I am so happy I did. I was worried that SP10 would be a bad match for my PPP skin, but it actually looks beautiful. I didn't find it orange at all. I bought it online from neobeauty.com because I didn't want to do any department store shopping so soon after the holidays. I took a chance and it really payed off. This foundation blends seamlessly into my skin and looks absolutely gorgeous. I never knew foundation could feel so light on my skin. I did not purchase the oil based remover so I'm hoping it doesn't break me out if removed with my normal cleanser. My only complaint is that it is expensive and it comes in a much tinier bottle than I thought it would. It's 1 fl. oz but for some reason, it seems super small to me. Oh well, it 's a great product and worth ever penny! I'm throwing out all my other foundations (after I'm sure this one doesn't break me out) and editing some past reviews. This is how all foundation should feel and look.EDITED TO ADD: You do need an oil based remover to get this foundation off. I order the La Vitton remover based on the reviews, and I'll write my own once it arrives.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hear ye, hear ye: Oily-skinned ladies, RUN don't walk to your nearest Shiseido counter and get this! Yesterday was incredibly hot and humid in Australia-- 37C/99F. No Colorstay, no Clinique Superfit, no Lancome Teint Idole, not even my previous HG Illuminare Ultimate has lasted this long or this well. The included sunscreen is the icing on the cake. Separate sunscreen would normally wreck my foundation but not this one. Only the slightest cakiness after five hours and it's easily fixed with a whisk of a sponge. (Just for reference, on the hottest days in my previous hometown of NYC, it was not at all unusual to wash my entire face off and apply foundation all over again.) Heed the warnings about tenacity: this may need more than your usual cleanser to get off. (Lancome Bi-Facil on a cotton pad is working for me.) The color range could be better: ladies of Asian descent will probably love them but super-pale Anglos like me may have to spend an extra minute blending. Doesn't matter: SP30 is close enough. Bravo Shiseido for this standard-setting product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2005 5:22:00 PM More reviews by chaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, I was not expecting this foundation to be so great. But it is & has exceeded my expectations.

SPF Factor: Combines a very high SPF with a liquid foundation that's easy and fast to put on, just slap it on and forget about it while knowing that the high SPF is protecting your skin from the damage of the sun...

Longevity: Stays on your face and doesn't rub off! One of my biggest problems is that because I have really oily skin, foundation usually lasts a few hours and disappears, or is broken down by the oil, or comes right off when you touch your face... not this one! SPLF is waterproof and sweat proof, PERFECT for those living in humid places and when summer rolls around! It doesn't really matte out your face, but makes it radiant and not flat looking, so skin looks like skin and not a layer of foundation... and at the end of the day my makeup still looks almost like I just applied it!

Texture & coverage: It has a watery consistency and texture, it's coverage is buildable, on good skin days you can use it very sheerly, and on bad days it can be layered for more coverage...

Breakout-safe: This is a big factor for me in foundations, I have breakout-prone skin, and reacts to things like silicones especially badly, but no breakouts with this! I know the sunscreen in this can be tenacious and it is recommended that you use a oil-based cleanser to remove this, but I've been using my regular cleansers and personally it works fine with no residues, and no breakouts!

Packaging: Very functional bottle design. It's a duochrome-ish blue with orange accents made in plastic, and small enough to be tote-able without worrying about breakage like glass bottles... there's a small ball inside (like some whiteout pens) that helps to evenly mix the foundation when you shake the bottle...

Bottom line? Worth every penny of the USD $30/CND $39!!! I'm a MAC NC25/C2 and have a color match with either the SP30 or the SP40. Shades are yellow based and has not changed color or oxidized on me. However, a word of caution for dry skinned gals, you need to exfoliate and moisturize very well with this because it does accentuate flakes. continued >>

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No