November 24, 2014 | 1127 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried lots of foundation...tested this for a month. It's fantastic. Smooth, even finish, no smell. I don't know if it clears up my skin, but it does not clog pores. The only thing I don't like is the packaging...a pump is always better. 12.99 usd but it's always bogof somewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very smooth, matte, but not chalky, coverage is medium. Lasts a good while on my very oily T zone when set with a light dusting of powder. The lightest color, Ivory, is a perfect match for my very pale, cool-toned skin. For reference, I'm a C2 in Loreal's True Match. Probably the best liquid foundation for oily skin at the drugstore. Will continue to repurchase as long as they make it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a decent drugstore foundation that contains a bit of salicylic acid to help heal and prevent breakouts. Amazingly, my extremely sensitive, rosacean and acne-prone skin did NOT break out or react from this, which is amazing for my skin! The coverage was buildable, but the lightest shade was still a bit too dark for me. That part was ALMOST forgivable with some light setting powder. The worst part, however, was that this foundation made my skin sooooo flaky. Disgustingly flaky. I guess it's a bit too much to use during these winter months. Perhaps I'll try this again in the summer...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by vintagequeengf1

This is a decent foundation for the price. The color is a good match for me, the teeniest tiniest bit too orange, but it looks fine on and set with powder. It does cover acne scars well, and it hasn't broken me out. My skin is finally on the mend, and this foundation has a nice coverage without causing me anymore ance problems. I've found it has good staying power, and it lasts me through the day. My only complaints would be the color match and the bottle...I'm not sure why so many foundations insist on that glass bottle with no pump. It looks nice but it is such a pain. How hard would it be to included a pump??

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Michael0771

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at SDM and I was pleased with it for about, 2-3 months.
But then I realized it was ruining my white shirts, as it would be melting off my oily skin in about 2 hours, and anything I touched turned tan-orange.
It covered my acne spots fairly well, and it gave me the summer-tan kinda look, which I liked in the summer.
It was VERY messy though, as the glass container was just awful. I had to close it, and turn it over to let some product drip into the cap before I could dip my brush into it.
It was a good, first liquid foundation while it lasted.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by kristasue

I absolutely hate this makeup! I've only had it for a few days, and at first I really liked it, but now that I've used it more it's awful. I have extremely fair Ivory skin, but usually as long as I get the lightest shade of makeup I'm fine. This is NOT the case for this makeup. It makes my skin uneven, orange and blotchy. I look like an oompa-loompa! Not only that, I've only been breaking out since I've started using it and I have a regular face-washing routine. It gets flaky at my temples and appears to melt around my eyebrows and eyes. It also sinks into my pores, rather than just setting a thin matte layer on top of them. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I complained and asked for my money back. It's not entirely expensive, especially considering I got it bogo free, but for regular drugstore makeup, it's a bit ridiculous. I've used drugstore makeup that's cheaper, and better quality than this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by avid_writer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this because of all the great reviews, but it really broke me out. Every day I wore it, I would notice the difference at the end of the night. It looks perfect while it is on though. I am currently experimenting by using it, but only as little as possible, and that seems to be working. I like it better than colorstay by revlon.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by aliford

I bought this foundation because I really needed something that wouldn't break me out. My skin is really sensitive to the point where I just have to look at it strange and it gets all sorts of acne. This is definitely better than most foundations as far as causing blemishes goes. It's really smooth and easily worked into your skin and gives about medium coverage I guess. The problems I do have is that their color selection is not great. The lightest color still looks orangey on me and I really have to work at it with a pale powder to make it presentable. Also, the packaging kind of sucks. It is just an open top bottle, and I find that the lid gets really gunky and I have to clean it out with a q-tip. A pump would much better suit this product. Oh and as it can tend to stay kind of moist, a setting powder or regular powder really makes a difference in its staying power. So if you have acne prone skin, I would definitely give this a whirl because I'm sure it works a bit different for everyone and it's worth checking out. The reason I said I wouldn't buy again is because the color is just too off for my very pale complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by zunaira

Very good quality foundation. I wasn't expecting much after being let down by soo many foundations, but this worked amaazingly. The consistency is really smooth so it goes on easy and blends really well into the skin. But this does need a finishing powder. I just use a pressed translucent powder from physician's formula. This foundation didn't break me out either but if i leave it on for a really really long time without washing my face at the end of the night, then it will give me a pimple or so. The coverage is medium b/c i apply it with my hands but if i use a brush, the coverage is definitely bettter.
Also, there isn't many colors available but the colors that are available work pretty well. They somehow adjust to your skintone. I have yellow undertones in my skin and I found that 'honey' and 'tan' work pretty well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by teresa1083

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was able to find a colour in this range that was just ok for my summer skin (which by the way would be ghost white for most people). I found that this foundation oxidized really badly so i was left with a slightly patchy orange looking face after a few hours.