Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

great gel cleanser. I love the opening, it ensures you dont use a ton and it never leaks. You only need a small amount to clean your face, although I do 2 washes - one to remove makeup, and another one I use with a complexion brush for exfoliation. It doesnt foam a lot, but its enough for sure. It has a very neutral pH, and it feels very gentle. It also rinses clean without over drying or feeling tight or sticky afterwards. kind of pricy, but a little goes a long way, and its high quality. my skin feels clean afterwards.

I used this product and stop venture into this brand of the other product until recently i come across again on their moisturizer which i had done the review already. Just realise i have not give my review on this one so thought i give mine now. I used this when i was in my late teens and when this brand first came to SG. It smell really nice. I like the fragrance but i think that's about it. I don't think this cleanse well. At least for me. I applied makeup and after makeup remover, i need to wash twice to feel clean. Usually it will work but for this, no matter how many time i cleanse, it just doesn't feel clean. I know it is a gel form but still i had used better gel form yet they alway cleanse well...this just doesn't work for me. It also cause some acne problems for me...and this also dried me out and cause my oily skin to be more oily...and it quite a small bottle for an expensive price tag...that i used this up by end of a month...that is frightening...even when same quantity as this but other brand product of cleansing gel, i can make it last 1.5 to 2 months at the same cleansing rate, twice per time....3 times a day...i don't think it's that fabulous as it's ad makes it out to be. I never repurchase this anymore...if i want some thing gel to cleanse well, i rather get ZA. But that is cleansing off makeup....so that's a different uses.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Who thought that even Avene products can sometimes irritate.. I use this when my skin has breakouts and it helps, but is too harsh for my skin for a regular use, when it makes the skin become tight. I will use it up in late spring and summer, but won t repurchase.

I brought the Cleanance cleanser at my local drugstore. I paid SGD 29.90. Price is before a 20% discount. After using for the first few days, i totally love it. I don't know why reviewers on MUA hated the fragrance of Cleanance. It smells really clean and perky. It does really pick me up every morning. Cleanance is part of my motivator to wake up every morning. I would be like "Time to wake up to wash my face!". It's very gentle on sensitive skin and it doesn't strip off the oil on your face. I realize it does help a lot to reduce sebum when i am out the entire day in my humid environment. However, a cleanser can only do this much, i would still have oily face if i stayed out too long under the sun. I don;t blame Cleanance because it is only a cleanser.And it had already done a great part in my beauty routine. It's a super cleanser. Other than cleansing, it doesn't really help on zits. I used to have mild acne. but my face entirely cleared and glowed after i visited my derm. if any of u have acne, do not depend on consumer products to get rid of them, because u will only end up sadder and broker. go visit a derm. i visited a derm and cleared all my zits. i am really proud of my clear skin now. Avene is good to me when i have oily problematic skin. Now my skin has cleared, i find it overdrying. So Avene might be the answer for girls out there who have oily, problematic and sensitive skin. Do not ever use harsh cleanser when u have acne. You will aggravate it. Use a sensitive one. And go visit a derm. Have i said enough?! I took one lippie off because i think it does leave a film on my face. Do not worry, the film does not clog pores. its just a moisturizing effect. Well, i think its a pretty expensive drugstore product. But a little goes a loooooooong way. I mean REAL LONG. It lasted me for 6 months. And i used it twice-thrice a day. Being a student, i am really budget-conscious.I even calculated the price per ml. I discover that Avene with a capacity of 200ml is even cheaper than L'oreal in terms of price per ml (px/ml) And it is even cheaper than neutrogena px/ml. And u know what? haha a departmental brand like clinique? Clinique is cheaper than Avene. I brought my Clinique cleanser right after i finished my bottle of Avene. (cos my skin condition changed and i need a different cleanser to cater to my need). And i discover that Avene is more expensive than Clinique. So be smart and calculate px/ml instead!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great cleanser! Before I started using this, I had alot of tiny bumps on my forehead. After using this for almost a week, the bumps had cleared! Thumbs up for this cleanser!

Yes it looks a bit like a bathroom cleaner, but don't be fooled.

This is a very gentle cleanser that is excellent for normal to oily skin with or without blemishes.

It used to have a really cheap-man-cologne fragrance that is now much more subtle and unisex.

It isn't very lathery and doesn't make a smooth gel-like foam, but it does its job otherwise.

I would recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this product just this past summer. My regimen was BP avene toner, moisturizer. This has great packaging and will last you for a LONG time!
HOWEVER, i think this made me more oily because it was drying me out. Even in the summer. It got everything, oil, makeup. similar to another review i felt my skin was getting dry but more oily on the surface. I just started to use it again because my skin started to change to oily! but I disocvered that this cleanser was drying and oily on top.. i wasn't treating my acne. I don't like using this in the winter, as i think its increasing my oil production because im getting dry! maybe thats the reason im getting super oily! =(

This is ok...no miracle cleanser. I've tried better ones for less price! I'm just not liking this Avene line at all.

Great product! I'm trying it because my doctor prescribed it. I suffer from seborrheic eczema and had a very bad episode of irritated, flaky skin in the chin and the nose. The dermatologist told me to stick to this product or tosomething similar, that is, no soap, very mild, etc. At first I thought it would be one of those hideous medicinal things, but go figure, is not. Is a very gentle, very soft cleanser, it removes all the dirt, even make up, and leaves the skin with a smooth sensation. I agree with other reviewers about the smell, though. But overall, is a wonderful product for sensitive skins that can't tolerate soap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

TERRIFIC. My favorite cleanser, and I have tried them all. Gentle, non-drying, and a little goes a very long way. Finally, an affordable, effective product for sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin!