July 25, 2014 | 1672 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by lmw19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got it in the brownish shade and absolutely hated this liner. It is waterproof and smudge-proof, but the applicator is really poor quality and it does drag, giving that gappy-crayon look that liquid liners rarely give, so thumbs down there. Additionally, it burned my inner lids if I didn't place it perfectly above the lash line. As others have said, it does seem to "peel off" if touched after drying. Overall, a horrible eyeliner and definitely won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by bluedaisy11

I like this product, but the brush is thick and bad and makes for bad lines. It stays on for a while, about 6-7 hours but then starts to flake.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by bran856

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great absolutely smudge proof liquid liner. It's perfect for getting the cat eye affect. The only downside is it dries so fast that if you make a mistake you pretty much have to wipe it ALL off and start over (quick Q-tip fixing will make matters worse).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2007 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Devonangela

This by far was the worst eyeliner I have ever bought!!! Using it was like lining my eyes with liquid latex!!!! And I am a true Maybelline fan. The brush was flimsy and when I tried to blend my shadow to soften the line the darn liner just peeled right off like an iron on t-shirt transfer!!!! I guess I'm going to have to hightail it back to my MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2007 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Katwoman141

My absolue fave liquid liner so far! I wear a cleopatra look on my eyes, and I work in a very hot building, it doesnt melt or smudge all day! I do wear Avon's glimmerstick eyeliner under it as a guide, but this stuff does what it says, and great price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by sdalexander

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like pretty much everyone, I've tried just about every eyeliner out there. I always get my hopes up when it says smudge proof, long lasting, etc. but am ultimately always disappointed. Whether expensive or cheap, they have all smeared, faded, etc but I have to say I have two of this particular eyeliner, black and brown and NO smearing. Stays on til I wash it off and then it does pretty much peel off. But a good solid line and no smearing. And cheap. Wish it came in more colors

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

HG! As yet another Asian with a monolid, this eyeliner has worked wonders for me through several bottles. I've tried high and low end liquid liners for a dramatic cat-eye finish, but this is the ONLY eyeliner I've used that has stay put all day, on oily skin in hot weather no less! It comes as a liquid with a little brush that will take some practice to get the results you want, but it's well worth it! You might want to use an eye makeup remover because jojoba oil won't take it off, but I've found if I rub it a little with my fingertips in the shower it'll come off just fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by CaitlinElizabeth

I have a love-hate relationship with this eyeliner. I love the look it gives my eyes, it goes on smoothly and stays put for hours- until it flakes off, and takes most of my eyelashes along with it. I havent found a product that stays on my eyelids as long as this one does, just wish it wouldnt dry up all over my lashes!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by jjlee

This was recommended to me by GettinMarried0407 and I cannot thank her enough!!! Definitely the BEST eyeliner I've tried. I'm Asian, with a double lid that folds under (Asian ladies, you know what I mean), so they get oily very easily. I have been on a quest to find the best eyeliner and thought I had found it in Blinc Kiss Me eyeliner (which is still a close second to the Ultra Liner)...but it still disintegrated a little after a long day. Kiss Me also has a thin, watery formula that requires 2 coats. The Maybelline Ultra Liner really stays put. It's highly pigmented, so it gives a really clean, ultra-black line. And unlike a lot of other waterproof eyeliners, it's a cinch to remove. Plus, it's super inexpensive -- I found it for under $5!
Update: After repeated use, I have found this eyeliner a little too shiny for my taste. It still gives an intense, highly pigmented color, but the rub-off formula gives it a plastic-y sheen. Blinc Kiss Me liner has a similar formula, but it is not as shiny. I've also discovered the Ultra Liner will sometimes bunch up and break off in little flakes. It's still a terrific eyeliner and I continue to use it, but I think Blinc is superior.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 12:04:00 PM More reviews by GettinMarried0407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG Liner. I will never own another liquid liner again. I bought this product based off the fantastic review by Zajiue. Here is my personal testimonial. I put the liner on at 5pm on Friday and then went to dinner, then clubbing until 2am. It didn't budge even in the Hot Las Vegas Weather. The next day I put it to the real test.....I took an hour long BodyPump class and then ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes.....if you have ever taken this class you know what I am talking about.......it still didn't move even with me wiping sweat off my face for an hour.

FYR: I am Chinese/Hawaiian with tan/semi-oily skin. If you are even the least bit Asian, then this product was made for you! I always have a problem with liners getting smudged by my asian eyes and this product will totally prevent that from happening. TRY IT!!!