Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 11/27/2007 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

With a steady hand, this eyeliner does wonders for your look. The bottle is tiny and the brush is pretty short, so you can guide it easily across your lid. But if you're just starting off using liquid liner, this is definitely not the choice for you (as this is the sort of liner that dries quickly and must be cleansed away before you can restart the process).

The finish is a bit awkward (the black reflects light if you look closely), but it looks nice if you use mascara as well. If this is your first time using waterproof liquid eyeliner, you'll notice that it feels a bit heavy on your lid, almost like your skin is stretching a bit (because it will dry quickly), but don't worry -- you'll get used to the sensation.

I reccomend this to anyone with an oily lid who needs an eyeliner that TRULY has staying power and lasts for a LONG time. I even wear this when swimming and come out looking flawless! As long as you're not sitting there rubbing your eyes, all you'll really have to do is a quick touch-up with the brush after you get out of the pool. I wear this from day to night (cat-eye) on my upper lid, and it never melts off! It stays the same shade of black throughout my day and keeps me looking great. And the bottle is just so WONDERFULLY portable because it's so damn small! It lasts me AGES, and I constantly rebuy it.

If you have a different suggestion for a better waterproof eyeliner in black that doesn't reflect light, then let me know!

on 11/13/2007 9:16:00 AM

Very dark and goes on pretty easy. It does however flake and come off in big chunks. It doesn't stay that long for me and I don't think I'll buy it again.

on 11/4/2007 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

got this in black. it's awful. the brush is not sturdy at all, and it peels off after it dries. i didnt even touch my eyes and it was flaking off into my eyes and hurt. then i went ahead and touched the line it just all peeled off like thing plastic or something. do not buy this!!!!!!!!!!

on 9/21/2007 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this in black. It doesn't smudge, which is good, but it sure does flake! On the plus side, it doesn't flake until the 5 hour mark but it's really not worth it to me. And I like the brush so I'm keeping that.

on 9/10/2007 6:45:00 PM

I have this product in grey and black and I love both. It doesn't come off of my eyes, the coloring is good, and its easy to apply. I might be the only one who likes the brush, but I've seen worse. I really like the way this product makes my eyes look.

on 9/7/2007 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought the Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof eye liner in Black. Ultra Liner has a brush applicator but it's kind of flimsy and tended to skip a lot and produce a thicker looking line than I would have liked. I would've preferred a sturdier, tapered, more fine tipped brush for a less dramatic look. I would say that the formula is runny and very black but it has absolutely no staying power. I have the typical "double lidded" Asian eye which tends to be a little more oily, and this eye liner would not stay put! I would end up with flakes all over my lids and undereye area, no matter what, in just a few minutes after putting it on. Compared to cheapie Wet 'n Wild's H2O eye liner in Black-Brown, this is so not worth the money or trouble. WNW's waterproof eye liner came with a fine-tipped felt applicator, was just as black (although dried out faster while on the applicator), but had amazing staying power.

on 8/22/2007 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got it in the brownish shade and absolutely hated this liner. It is waterproof and smudge-proof, but the applicator is really poor quality and it does drag, giving that gappy-crayon look that liquid liners rarely give, so thumbs down there. Additionally, it burned my inner lids if I didn't place it perfectly above the lash line. As others have said, it does seem to "peel off" if touched after drying. Overall, a horrible eyeliner and definitely won't repurchase.

on 7/31/2007 10:36:00 PM

I like this product, but the brush is thick and bad and makes for bad lines. It stays on for a while, about 6-7 hours but then starts to flake.

on 7/24/2007 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is a great absolutely smudge proof liquid liner. It's perfect for getting the cat eye affect. The only downside is it dries so fast that if you make a mistake you pretty much have to wipe it ALL off and start over (quick Q-tip fixing will make matters worse).

on 7/12/2007 11:20:00 AM

This by far was the worst eyeliner I have ever bought!!! Using it was like lining my eyes with liquid latex!!!! And I am a true Maybelline fan. The brush was flimsy and when I tried to blend my shadow to soften the line the darn liner just peeled right off like an iron on t-shirt transfer!!!! I guess I'm going to have to hightail it back to my MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack!