Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i really liked this eyeliner when i first used it
& it was my first waterproof liner
but i noticed that it started to come off & it'll look funny because my inner corner wouldn't be lined but the rest would be .
& it looked crusty.. ?
it pretty much flaked off after a while..

I've been wearing this eyeliner, but I hate it! If your eye gets wet, it peels or flakes off and leaves a gap. It's rubbery and peels off like a sticker. I'm looking for another waterproof eyeliner that can stay on all day. Any suggestions?

Ick. I hate this eye liner. Maybelline's Ultra Liner has a brush applicator which tends to skip and is pretty flimsy. I prefer a stiff felt tip applicator because I feel it offers more control. When it dries, the Ultra Liner formula has a plastic-y, rubbery, vinyl-like finish. And it flakes horribly. Another bad thing, or good thing depending on how you look at it, is that if you make a mistake, you don't need makeup remover because you can literally peel it off. This is a horrible product with no staying power, especially if you have greasy lids or watery eyes. This is supposedly smudge proof and waterproof? Ha! Yeah, right. I finally did find my HG liquid eyeliner: Wet n Wild's H2O proof liquid e/l. It's cheaper and longer lasting, smudgeproof and waterproof. Ultra Liner stinks.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this product!!

I don't do well with eyeliner at all, but this was the first one that I felt I had control over! I

especially loved how this liner, when applied to the waterline, doesn't ooze into your eye. It just stays put.

This is great and I will buy in more colors :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i got this in black because my friend used it and really liked it. but i didnt like it very much myself. its brush is not precise and lacks control when i'm trying to draw a line. the formula is strange because it dries into a rubbery/plastic-like solid that either flakes or can be pealed off like a sticker. since it dries into a plastic-like layer, its shiny and doesnt look natural whatsoever. it takes forever to get done right because i need to erase the bits that i messed up on because the brush creates such a messy thick line. on the plus side, it is waterproof like it says and it does intensify your eyes like it should--but just not in the most attractive way. it stings when applied too closely to the lashline. i lost some eyelashes thanks to the thick bulky formula. i only used it in desperate situations.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HG liquid eyeliner!. never smudges or transfers, lasts forever! i love the shorter brush and handle, i think it makes it easier to get a perfect line jeust where you want it. i use this every day to reinforce my pencil liner and to hide my false lash seam and even like 'mascara' in my tiny inner eye lashes! and for this price, i woulndt bother trying somethin else.

I would probably buy this again next summer, and I can tell you now that I'll use it for snowboarding and I use it when riding horses-but that's the purpose for it. When you're going to get wet or sweat. I bought it in conjuction with the cover girl fantastic lash waterproof, and they work, but I wouldn't use this for every day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

With a steady hand, this eyeliner does wonders for your look. The bottle is tiny and the brush is pretty short, so you can guide it easily across your lid. But if you're just starting off using liquid liner, this is definitely not the choice for you (as this is the sort of liner that dries quickly and must be cleansed away before you can restart the process).

The finish is a bit awkward (the black reflects light if you look closely), but it looks nice if you use mascara as well. If this is your first time using waterproof liquid eyeliner, you'll notice that it feels a bit heavy on your lid, almost like your skin is stretching a bit (because it will dry quickly), but don't worry -- you'll get used to the sensation.

I reccomend this to anyone with an oily lid who needs an eyeliner that TRULY has staying power and lasts for a LONG time. I even wear this when swimming and come out looking flawless! As long as you're not sitting there rubbing your eyes, all you'll really have to do is a quick touch-up with the brush after you get out of the pool. I wear this from day to night (cat-eye) on my upper lid, and it never melts off! It stays the same shade of black throughout my day and keeps me looking great. And the bottle is just so WONDERFULLY portable because it's so damn small! It lasts me AGES, and I constantly rebuy it.

If you have a different suggestion for a better waterproof eyeliner in black that doesn't reflect light, then let me know!

Very dark and goes on pretty easy. It does however flake and come off in big chunks. It doesn't stay that long for me and I don't think I'll buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

got this in black. it's awful. the brush is not sturdy at all, and it peels off after it dries. i didnt even touch my eyes and it was flaking off into my eyes and hurt. then i went ahead and touched the line it just all peeled off like thing plastic or something. do not buy this!!!!!!!!!!