Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 1/5/2008 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i got this in black because my friend used it and really liked it. but i didnt like it very much myself. its brush is not precise and lacks control when i'm trying to draw a line. the formula is strange because it dries into a rubbery/plastic-like solid that either flakes or can be pealed off like a sticker. since it dries into a plastic-like layer, its shiny and doesnt look natural whatsoever. it takes forever to get done right because i need to erase the bits that i messed up on because the brush creates such a messy thick line. on the plus side, it is waterproof like it says and it does intensify your eyes like it should--but just not in the most attractive way. it stings when applied too closely to the lashline. i lost some eyelashes thanks to the thick bulky formula. i only used it in desperate situations.

on 12/17/2007 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HG liquid eyeliner!. never smudges or transfers, lasts forever! i love the shorter brush and handle, i think it makes it easier to get a perfect line jeust where you want it. i use this every day to reinforce my pencil liner and to hide my false lash seam and even like 'mascara' in my tiny inner eye lashes! and for this price, i woulndt bother trying somethin else.

on 12/6/2007 11:46:00 AM

I would probably buy this again next summer, and I can tell you now that I'll use it for snowboarding and I use it when riding horses-but that's the purpose for it. When you're going to get wet or sweat. I bought it in conjuction with the cover girl fantastic lash waterproof, and they work, but I wouldn't use this for every day.

on 11/27/2007 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

With a steady hand, this eyeliner does wonders for your look. The bottle is tiny and the brush is pretty short, so you can guide it easily across your lid. But if you're just starting off using liquid liner, this is definitely not the choice for you (as this is the sort of liner that dries quickly and must be cleansed away before you can restart the process).

The finish is a bit awkward (the black reflects light if you look closely), but it looks nice if you use mascara as well. If this is your first time using waterproof liquid eyeliner, you'll notice that it feels a bit heavy on your lid, almost like your skin is stretching a bit (because it will dry quickly), but don't worry -- you'll get used to the sensation.

I reccomend this to anyone with an oily lid who needs an eyeliner that TRULY has staying power and lasts for a LONG time. I even wear this when swimming and come out looking flawless! As long as you're not sitting there rubbing your eyes, all you'll really have to do is a quick touch-up with the brush after you get out of the pool. I wear this from day to night (cat-eye) on my upper lid, and it never melts off! It stays the same shade of black throughout my day and keeps me looking great. And the bottle is just so WONDERFULLY portable because it's so damn small! It lasts me AGES, and I constantly rebuy it.

If you have a different suggestion for a better waterproof eyeliner in black that doesn't reflect light, then let me know!

on 11/13/2007 9:16:00 AM

Very dark and goes on pretty easy. It does however flake and come off in big chunks. It doesn't stay that long for me and I don't think I'll buy it again.

on 11/4/2007 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

got this in black. it's awful. the brush is not sturdy at all, and it peels off after it dries. i didnt even touch my eyes and it was flaking off into my eyes and hurt. then i went ahead and touched the line it just all peeled off like thing plastic or something. do not buy this!!!!!!!!!!

on 9/21/2007 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this in black. It doesn't smudge, which is good, but it sure does flake! On the plus side, it doesn't flake until the 5 hour mark but it's really not worth it to me. And I like the brush so I'm keeping that.

on 9/10/2007 6:45:00 PM

I have this product in grey and black and I love both. It doesn't come off of my eyes, the coloring is good, and its easy to apply. I might be the only one who likes the brush, but I've seen worse. I really like the way this product makes my eyes look.

on 9/7/2007 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought the Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof eye liner in Black. Ultra Liner has a brush applicator but it's kind of flimsy and tended to skip a lot and produce a thicker looking line than I would have liked. I would've preferred a sturdier, tapered, more fine tipped brush for a less dramatic look. I would say that the formula is runny and very black but it has absolutely no staying power. I have the typical "double lidded" Asian eye which tends to be a little more oily, and this eye liner would not stay put! I would end up with flakes all over my lids and undereye area, no matter what, in just a few minutes after putting it on. Compared to cheapie Wet 'n Wild's H2O eye liner in Black-Brown, this is so not worth the money or trouble. WNW's waterproof eye liner came with a fine-tipped felt applicator, was just as black (although dried out faster while on the applicator), but had amazing staying power.

on 8/22/2007 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got it in the brownish shade and absolutely hated this liner. It is waterproof and smudge-proof, but the applicator is really poor quality and it does drag, giving that gappy-crayon look that liquid liners rarely give, so thumbs down there. Additionally, it burned my inner lids if I didn't place it perfectly above the lash line. As others have said, it does seem to "peel off" if touched after drying. Overall, a horrible eyeliner and definitely won't repurchase.