July 31, 2014 | 1902 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2004 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Honeysuckle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEE this foundation. It doesn't break me out! it doesn't cake on very oily skin! It just looks WONDERFUL!!!!!!! It's easy to use. I don't usually like wet to dry foudations but this one is great. It also helps control my oil as well! a bonus for me is this colors are very blendable!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2004 12:12:00 AM More reviews by PamperedPrincess842

I know a lot of people really like this stuff but I have to say that I hate it. I have very fair skin with some dry, flaky patches and this stuff just brings out my flakes in the worst way!! And the coverage is not very natural looking at all. It looks too dark and orange-y for my skin and I bought the lightest shade they had!! Maybe I just have to play around with it some more. But I don't see myself falling in love with this stuff. I will say that it makes a good "touch-up" product. I'll keep it in my purse to dab on my nose and chin. But for the price, I expected more than just another compact I'll use for touch-ups only. I really wanted this stuff to be as awesome as some people make it seem. It just fell very short of my expectations, however. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 7:55:00 PM More reviews by GrissomsGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Forgive me if I have already reviewed this but hell it's worth a second review. Good god this is wonderful. It doesn't work that great for me wet but used dry as a setting powder over foundation and I have the most perfect flawless skin. What's great about it is it looks great ALL DAY. Does not cake or look fake. Gives the slightest hint of a glow and the packageing is the best. I tossed the sponge and apply it with a big brush. Nothing gets me more compliments on my skin than Palladio.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2004 7:00:00 PM More reviews by JuicyBug

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful product for my combination-oily skin. Most powder foundations I tried(Maybelline Purestay, MAC) are like pressed powders masquerading as foundations. Only Palladio gives me that perfect skin look without looking unnatural. Of course the most important thing is how well the color matches your skin. Fortunately in my case, it's pretty close. No breakouts either..and I love the packaging -- sponge sits in a separate compartment. I have already stocked up on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2004 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Nephthys224

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading so many rave reviews, I decided to give this product a try. I was tired of paying $$$ for MAC StudioFix, which leaves me looking shiny after 5 minutes anyway, so I went to Sally's and got this powder in Laurel Nude. It was the closest color match, but still too yellow for me, so I had to be really careful about blending. I tried both dry and wet application, and found that the wet didn't work for me at all-- it felt gross on my skin and looked cakey. The dry felt fine, however. At first I was quite pleased with the coverage-- it *did* help control oil longer than StudioFix-- but after a week or so of use, I started to get bad breakouts along my hairline, jawline, and chin. Once I stopped using the product, the zits went away, so I'm forced to conclude that they were caused by the Palladio. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2004 5:53:00 PM More reviews by yunity

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE 2/10/04: Rave! My biggest issue with foundation is that it starts melting, cracking and creasing up on me after even a short workday. I took a good look in the mirror around 5pm and my foundation was falling apart, looked TERRRIBLE. So I tried wiping some of it off and blending it around, resulting in something even worse. Then I remembered I had tossed this into my bag. Not all powder foundations cover uneven surfaces that well (meaning, if you have foundation on your nose, chin and forehead but are missing patches on your cheeks, you may not have good results). But fortunately Palladio is awesome and it just coated over everything evenly and I passed for okay, if not pretty good. Sorry, I'm rambling, but this is truly a great foundation for touch ups and situations like this! ---------OLD REVIEW: This is definitely a great product. The coverage is excellent, the texture is relatively silky (although not as good as Asian brand "twincakes" like Laneige, RMK, Calli, Nadri, etc). This is definitely better than Studiofix IMO. I think the key thing with this product is to apply as little as possible at a time--in my excitement of finally trying it for the first time, I just piled the stuff on and it emphasized every flake and line, though it did cover EVERYTHING. Tried it again with a much lighter hand, and it can look quite natural. My real gripe, as with Aveda Dual minus oil, is the limited color selection. I'm about a C25, and Cypress Beige is just a bit too dark, but workable. Not yellow enough at all for me, it looks grey on my skin. Still, if you find a good color match, you are soooo lucky, this stuff is pretty good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2004 11:52:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ok i tried this cause of all the good reviews and maybe i didn't do something right but i thought this was awful. maybe as a powder it is ok but to use it wet is horrible. i couldn't get it to blend. it looked cakey and chalky and chunky. i also want to add that i've read that rice powder can cause breakouts. that and cornstarch cause they are food related so i am trying to stay away from products that contain them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2004 9:06:00 PM More reviews by NAT829

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went out and bought this product because of all the positive reviews it had received here. It's pretty hard for me to find a powder that I really like. (Actually, I don't think I've ever found a powder that I REALLY liked.) Anyway, I was very pleasantly surprised! The consistency of the powder was better than the powder I've been using lately. The overall quality was great - much better than what you would expect from a drug store brand. It evened-out my skin tone and I used it sparingly, so it didn't make my face look cakey. It also made my pores almost disappear! And it's oil-free, which is a major plus. Definitely recommended, and it's not that expensive either! Sells for around $10, but found mine on sale for $7.99!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2004 1:11:00 AM More reviews by laurarvt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the bomb in terms of coverage. Laurel nude shade works for my PPP skin. I went through a compact of this in less than 1 month w/ daily use. My Aveda dual in cream is still my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2004 2:17:00 AM More reviews by AstoundedFruitbat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I want to thank Kristina for generously recommending and sending me this brand. This stuff really is full coverage! I'm really impressed considering it is a drug store brand. It goes on really smooth. You don't have to work the sponge into the compact to get a good amount of powder for application. I have tried it wet and dry and I prefer it with a little moisturizer underneath (wet with water definitely emphasizes the crypt keeper look.) It gives a matte but luminous coverage, like what mineral foundation is supposed to give. I find that wet application under the eyes is a no-no, but you can get pretty good coverage dry. It doesn't accentuate my dry skin as much as I thought it would either. All in all, a really nice foundation, comparible to Clinique Super Matte, but cheaper, with 10 times better coverage. :)

*update*

Why oh why! I finally managed to try this color in laurel nude and it's about a shade and a half too dark for me. If you consider yourself fair at all, this will NOT work for you. Laurel nude is also very orange, not as orange as some I've tried but definitely orange-ish. But it still gives the BEST and quickest coverage I have EVER tried EVER! Bar none! This would be my HG if ONLY they had my shade. If anyone finds a line with similar properties to this one but with a wider color selection, PLMK!