September 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2004 5:50:00 AM More reviews by flick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading the rave reviews about this foundation I thought I would give it a try and was pleasantly surprised. It costs about £9 for us English girlies from beauty naturals (excellent site). The powder is very fine and is easily applied with the big sponge and looks matte and natural. As reviews below the shade range isnt up to much but the lighest one (laurel nude) will suit most yellow toned pale faces. The compact rocks! Big sponge and mirror for those touch ups but the foundation itself is the best part. Either damp or dry it covers very well and looks great and lasts. Many thanks MUA for pointing this one out. For the price its excellent. UPDATE- I have now thrown this away. It was starting to look chalky round the nose when I touched up later in the day. Also I noticed that the colour did not match well enough for my skin compared to other powders. Nevermind, I have found an excellent powder in the Smashbox wet/dry foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 6:32:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would like this foundation so much more if it had a better color range. I got the lightest color and it was still several shades too dark for me. Plus it seemed too olive for my yellowish Asian skin (MAC C3).
But it was such a cute little compact with a sturdy sponge. Oh well. I'd definitely buy it again if they ever made a wider color selection. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2004 9:59:00 PM More reviews by punkrocksalad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i like the sanitary packaging, but this wasn't for me, it was just too masky looking on me, but that's probably cuz the lightest color wasn't light enough(i'm VERY pale). i give it a 3 because of the good packaging and cuz it didn't break me out (and that really says something). if you need heavy coverage and the color suits you, try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2004 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Honeysuckle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEE this foundation. It doesn't break me out! it doesn't cake on very oily skin! It just looks WONDERFUL!!!!!!! It's easy to use. I don't usually like wet to dry foudations but this one is great. It also helps control my oil as well! a bonus for me is this colors are very blendable!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2004 12:12:00 AM More reviews by PamperedPrincess842

I know a lot of people really like this stuff but I have to say that I hate it. I have very fair skin with some dry, flaky patches and this stuff just brings out my flakes in the worst way!! And the coverage is not very natural looking at all. It looks too dark and orange-y for my skin and I bought the lightest shade they had!! Maybe I just have to play around with it some more. But I don't see myself falling in love with this stuff. I will say that it makes a good "touch-up" product. I'll keep it in my purse to dab on my nose and chin. But for the price, I expected more than just another compact I'll use for touch-ups only. I really wanted this stuff to be as awesome as some people make it seem. It just fell very short of my expectations, however. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 7:55:00 PM More reviews by GrissomsGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Forgive me if I have already reviewed this but hell it's worth a second review. Good god this is wonderful. It doesn't work that great for me wet but used dry as a setting powder over foundation and I have the most perfect flawless skin. What's great about it is it looks great ALL DAY. Does not cake or look fake. Gives the slightest hint of a glow and the packageing is the best. I tossed the sponge and apply it with a big brush. Nothing gets me more compliments on my skin than Palladio.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2004 7:00:00 PM More reviews by JuicyBug

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful product for my combination-oily skin. Most powder foundations I tried(Maybelline Purestay, MAC) are like pressed powders masquerading as foundations. Only Palladio gives me that perfect skin look without looking unnatural. Of course the most important thing is how well the color matches your skin. Fortunately in my case, it's pretty close. No breakouts either..and I love the packaging -- sponge sits in a separate compartment. I have already stocked up on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2004 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Nephthys224

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading so many rave reviews, I decided to give this product a try. I was tired of paying $$$ for MAC StudioFix, which leaves me looking shiny after 5 minutes anyway, so I went to Sally's and got this powder in Laurel Nude. It was the closest color match, but still too yellow for me, so I had to be really careful about blending. I tried both dry and wet application, and found that the wet didn't work for me at all-- it felt gross on my skin and looked cakey. The dry felt fine, however. At first I was quite pleased with the coverage-- it *did* help control oil longer than StudioFix-- but after a week or so of use, I started to get bad breakouts along my hairline, jawline, and chin. Once I stopped using the product, the zits went away, so I'm forced to conclude that they were caused by the Palladio. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2004 5:53:00 PM More reviews by yunity

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE 2/10/04: Rave! My biggest issue with foundation is that it starts melting, cracking and creasing up on me after even a short workday. I took a good look in the mirror around 5pm and my foundation was falling apart, looked TERRRIBLE. So I tried wiping some of it off and blending it around, resulting in something even worse. Then I remembered I had tossed this into my bag. Not all powder foundations cover uneven surfaces that well (meaning, if you have foundation on your nose, chin and forehead but are missing patches on your cheeks, you may not have good results). But fortunately Palladio is awesome and it just coated over everything evenly and I passed for okay, if not pretty good. Sorry, I'm rambling, but this is truly a great foundation for touch ups and situations like this! ---------OLD REVIEW: This is definitely a great product. The coverage is excellent, the texture is relatively silky (although not as good as Asian brand "twincakes" like Laneige, RMK, Calli, Nadri, etc). This is definitely better than Studiofix IMO. I think the key thing with this product is to apply as little as possible at a time--in my excitement of finally trying it for the first time, I just piled the stuff on and it emphasized every flake and line, though it did cover EVERYTHING. Tried it again with a much lighter hand, and it can look quite natural. My real gripe, as with Aveda Dual minus oil, is the limited color selection. I'm about a C25, and Cypress Beige is just a bit too dark, but workable. Not yellow enough at all for me, it looks grey on my skin. Still, if you find a good color match, you are soooo lucky, this stuff is pretty good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2004 11:52:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ok i tried this cause of all the good reviews and maybe i didn't do something right but i thought this was awful. maybe as a powder it is ok but to use it wet is horrible. i couldn't get it to blend. it looked cakey and chalky and chunky. i also want to add that i've read that rice powder can cause breakouts. that and cornstarch cause they are food related so i am trying to stay away from products that contain them.