October 25, 2014 | 1793 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by PinkEssentials

I have very oily/acne prone skin and thought this product would work for me.I didnt like this cleanser at all. It didn't do anything to control my breakouts, didn't really help control oil and lastly, it made my face itch like crazy! I am not allergic to BP, and my face never itched from using any other other product w/ BP. This just did not work well with my skin. For some reason, I thought that using this product as a mask, would help smooth out my skin's texture, but it didn't do that either. The price is fairly decent at 6.99 but of course, I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by varga100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this as my nightly cleanser. I feel really clean and fresh when I wash it off. I rarely ever have breakouts anymore (though I use a combination of products so I can't give complete credit to the pore cleanser), so I will continue to purchase. I've gone through two tubes so far and unless this suddenly becomes ineffective for me in the future this will have a permanent place in my medicine cabinet. I also use this as a mask once or twice a week. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

I really like this mask. I use it about three times a week and usually more at that time of the month. It also works well for me in the summer to control my oil. I can use as a mask for about 10 minutes in the morning and then put on my make up. I am on my second tube!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by loovexemilyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never really use masks all that often. I used this just hours ago. Before it was completely dry I felt my skin get tight and burn. I washed it off. And every single area I put it was bright red. I was shocked. I have no where near sensitive skin, at all! When I touch the areas I put the mask on, it feels warm, as apposed to the areas where I didn't, and they feel normal. It feels like I got sunburn. Oh well. Whatever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ginijay123

This is perfect for the hormonal acne that flares up on my chin area. I use it as a wash daily during the summer on my chin area *only*, and I use it as a mask around those times when it tends to flare year round. I have used it on my nose area before when I have been sweating outside and my nose ends up looking like an oil slick, but not a lot b/c it seems to irritate the sides of my nose occasionally. I use it in combination with a SA product (the rest of my face doesn't seem to like BP--see my other review). I hope they never discontinue it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by hajime

BP products tend to work well for me where salicylic acid products fail. This seems to be a fairly gentle, yet effective product on my skin. I use it as a cleanser most often, rather than as a mask. Like another poster mentioned, if you get hormonal breakouts, use this the week before you know it typically happens! Avoids the whole need to use a mask in the first place. I would never leave this stuff on overnight, but it seems okay when I use it as an occasional cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ryenrawkstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Neutrogena products, but I am not too big on this particular product. I bought it liking the idea of the product being a 2 in 1 cleanser/mask hybrid. I got it at Target for around 5 or 6 dollars and when I got home I used it as a cleanser. The consistancy is really thick-like a mask, and things got a little messy. I get random breakouts so I expected the product to help with my acne seeing as it has 3.5% benzoyl peroxide. I tried the product as a mask, after washing off, my skin felt tight and stung a little. I will not be repurchasing this product but it is definitely not the worst product I have tried. Three lippies!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by kanchii

DON'T BUY THIS IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO BP!
i thought i'd give it a try cause it just has 3.5% bp. A HUGE BLUNDER! i left it on my face overnight as spot treatment on areas that needed help, and now my face is all red all over. it's itchy too. and it just worsened my zits.
don't take chances like i did.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeup4sure

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really like this mask.
i suffer from acne around the chin and nose area and occasionally on the jaw line and this clears it right up

i dont use it as a cleanser much but i do use it as a spot treatment at night by applying a dab on a pimple letting it dry a bit and then going to sleep

when i wake up its almost all gone!
its less swollen, red, and inflamed.

once in a while i use it as an all over face mask but i think that makes me breakout more cause essentially masks draw up the impurties to the surface of the skin, makes you purge, and then clears up your skin...well according to my derm at least

i will definately repurchase this time and time again
i have already gone through 3 tubes, and almost done with my 4th

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by monster1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It made my skin red, blotchy and dry...yuck. Didnt like it. Wish I did cause I got 2 new nasty zits from the Aveeno calming cleanser and now I dont know where to look for a new deep cleansing, but calming cleanser.