Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 3/28/2003 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Very very strong, overpowering almond scent. I love almonds, but the scent was just too much for me. Also quite heavy for a hand cream. Wouldn't buy again.

on 3/26/2003 12:07:00 PM

I am generally a fan of Burt's stuff because it really is all natural, and usually does what it says it will. I recently bought a jar, and love the smell. It reminds me of when I bake biscotti with my grandmother's recipe which used almond paste. However, I have a suggestion for everyone who finds it a bit greasy...try it as a foot cream! I put it on my feet at night, and it works even better if you put cotton socks on...simple packaging, but that is typical of the product line.

on 3/23/2003 6:59:00 PM

thank goodness i tested this product before i bought it.. i love almond scent but this one doesnt smell one bit like almond, i put some on and next thing i knew it felt like cooking oil. it smelled something like vicks vaporub there's a minty smell to it. im still waiting for the almond scent to appear.. the only positive thing i can say is that it actually made my hands feel less dry

on 3/18/2003 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The cream is terrific! Heavily and sharply almond, it really moisturizes and leaves hands quite soft. Rub it in good. I like it, and am old fashioned, so I love the jar packaging.

on 3/17/2003 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very moisturizing hand cream, richly almond-scented. Not for those opposed to strong scents (or those that don't really LOVE almonds!:-) Love the jar packaging!

on 3/7/2003 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the smell in the bottle, but it doesn't smell very good once you put it on your hands. It's very greasy, so I have to wipe some off after I apply it. It does moisturize your skin, though.

on 2/21/2003 10:12:00 PM

This is my best friend's favorite hand cream in the universe---she swears by it. I tried it after she practically slapped a jar into my hand in a store and frogmarched me to the cash register. She usually has great taste, so I was looking forward to trying it. I've used up about half a jar in the last several months. It's...okay. I *love* the bitter, strong almond scent that you smell when you first apply it---LOVE it. I feel like I fell into a vat of unsweetened almond paste---heaven for me. Unfortunately, that smell fades quickly as you rub it in, and is replaced by...well, I guess it's the "milk" scent---it just smells...well, one of the reviewers mentioned that it felt like Crisco and...it sort of smells like it, too. Milky vegetable shortening. It takes a long time to rub in, and feels fairly greasy. My hands *do* feel softened when it sinks in, though. I probably won't be buying more, but it could be worse.

on 2/18/2003 8:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like this stuff,especially the scent of it.It is nice and thick and does a good job of softening my hands.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This hand cream has a really fantastic maraschino / marzipan scent to it... It really does smell delicious, and that is why I continue to use this... However, it is quite greasy, so I have to be careful of *when* I use this. This cream isn't appropriate for use when you're going to be handling papers... It smears pencil and ink alike. :/ It takes a very long time to absorb, and so I only use this when I'm watching a movie, before bed, etc. It does leave the hands super hydrated and moisturized once it is absorbed.

on 2/4/2003 12:27:00 AM

I love love love anything almond scented! So I actually bought it for the smell! :) It is a tad on the greasy side so I only use at night and try not to get it everywhere :)