Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 3/26/2003 12:07:00 PM

I am generally a fan of Burt's stuff because it really is all natural, and usually does what it says it will. I recently bought a jar, and love the smell. It reminds me of when I bake biscotti with my grandmother's recipe which used almond paste. However, I have a suggestion for everyone who finds it a bit greasy...try it as a foot cream! I put it on my feet at night, and it works even better if you put cotton socks on...simple packaging, but that is typical of the product line.

on 3/23/2003 6:59:00 PM

thank goodness i tested this product before i bought it.. i love almond scent but this one doesnt smell one bit like almond, i put some on and next thing i knew it felt like cooking oil. it smelled something like vicks vaporub there's a minty smell to it. im still waiting for the almond scent to appear.. the only positive thing i can say is that it actually made my hands feel less dry

on 3/18/2003 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The cream is terrific! Heavily and sharply almond, it really moisturizes and leaves hands quite soft. Rub it in good. I like it, and am old fashioned, so I love the jar packaging.

on 3/17/2003 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very moisturizing hand cream, richly almond-scented. Not for those opposed to strong scents (or those that don't really LOVE almonds!:-) Love the jar packaging!

on 3/7/2003 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the smell in the bottle, but it doesn't smell very good once you put it on your hands. It's very greasy, so I have to wipe some off after I apply it. It does moisturize your skin, though.

on 2/21/2003 10:12:00 PM

This is my best friend's favorite hand cream in the universe---she swears by it. I tried it after she practically slapped a jar into my hand in a store and frogmarched me to the cash register. She usually has great taste, so I was looking forward to trying it. I've used up about half a jar in the last several months. It's...okay. I *love* the bitter, strong almond scent that you smell when you first apply it---LOVE it. I feel like I fell into a vat of unsweetened almond paste---heaven for me. Unfortunately, that smell fades quickly as you rub it in, and is replaced by...well, I guess it's the "milk" scent---it just smells...well, one of the reviewers mentioned that it felt like Crisco and...it sort of smells like it, too. Milky vegetable shortening. It takes a long time to rub in, and feels fairly greasy. My hands *do* feel softened when it sinks in, though. I probably won't be buying more, but it could be worse.

on 2/18/2003 8:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like this stuff,especially the scent of it.It is nice and thick and does a good job of softening my hands.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This hand cream has a really fantastic maraschino / marzipan scent to it... It really does smell delicious, and that is why I continue to use this... However, it is quite greasy, so I have to be careful of *when* I use this. This cream isn't appropriate for use when you're going to be handling papers... It smears pencil and ink alike. :/ It takes a very long time to absorb, and so I only use this when I'm watching a movie, before bed, etc. It does leave the hands super hydrated and moisturized once it is absorbed.

on 2/4/2003 12:27:00 AM

I love love love anything almond scented! So I actually bought it for the smell! :) It is a tad on the greasy side so I only use at night and try not to get it everywhere :)

on 2/3/2003 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Pretty greasy...but i love the smell of this stuff.
Because it's so greasy, I put it on just before bed so my hands have time to "marinate" in it.
Super-softening.
The jar, when you get down to the bottom, is hard to get the product out without getting tons of gunk under your nails...but at the same time, they could never put this stuff in a squeeze tube due to its consistency.
Oh well, i'll take it as i can get it.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products