Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 3/17/2003 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very moisturizing hand cream, richly almond-scented. Not for those opposed to strong scents (or those that don't really LOVE almonds!:-) Love the jar packaging!

on 3/7/2003 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the smell in the bottle, but it doesn't smell very good once you put it on your hands. It's very greasy, so I have to wipe some off after I apply it. It does moisturize your skin, though.

on 2/21/2003 10:12:00 PM

This is my best friend's favorite hand cream in the universe---she swears by it. I tried it after she practically slapped a jar into my hand in a store and frogmarched me to the cash register. She usually has great taste, so I was looking forward to trying it. I've used up about half a jar in the last several months. It's...okay. I *love* the bitter, strong almond scent that you smell when you first apply it---LOVE it. I feel like I fell into a vat of unsweetened almond paste---heaven for me. Unfortunately, that smell fades quickly as you rub it in, and is replaced by...well, I guess it's the "milk" scent---it just smells...well, one of the reviewers mentioned that it felt like Crisco and...it sort of smells like it, too. Milky vegetable shortening. It takes a long time to rub in, and feels fairly greasy. My hands *do* feel softened when it sinks in, though. I probably won't be buying more, but it could be worse.

on 2/18/2003 8:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like this stuff,especially the scent of it.It is nice and thick and does a good job of softening my hands.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This hand cream has a really fantastic maraschino / marzipan scent to it... It really does smell delicious, and that is why I continue to use this... However, it is quite greasy, so I have to be careful of *when* I use this. This cream isn't appropriate for use when you're going to be handling papers... It smears pencil and ink alike. :/ It takes a very long time to absorb, and so I only use this when I'm watching a movie, before bed, etc. It does leave the hands super hydrated and moisturized once it is absorbed.

on 2/4/2003 12:27:00 AM

I love love love anything almond scented! So I actually bought it for the smell! :) It is a tad on the greasy side so I only use at night and try not to get it everywhere :)

on 2/3/2003 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Pretty greasy...but i love the smell of this stuff.
Because it's so greasy, I put it on just before bed so my hands have time to "marinate" in it.
Super-softening.
The jar, when you get down to the bottom, is hard to get the product out without getting tons of gunk under your nails...but at the same time, they could never put this stuff in a squeeze tube due to its consistency.
Oh well, i'll take it as i can get it.

on 1/30/2003 12:17:00 AM

I thought this product was pretty good.. My fingers crack during the winter and this mosturized my hands really good. Didn't care for the almond scent at first however it grew on me and I really like it now.

on 1/29/2003 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this but I think it leaves your hands more greasy than moisturized probably because of the beeswax. Once the greasy feeling wears off, it leaves your hands pretty soft, that is if you can first tolerate your hands feeling like they have just been dipped into Crisco. It smells lovely though, it's called almond milk but I think it smells like maraschino cherries. I like how the product comes in a jar. It was $5.99 for 2 oz. It makes it very convient to carry in a purse. I don't think I will repurchase this.

on 1/21/2003 4:55:00 PM

I was lemming this, but wasn't going to buy it until I was finished with my TBS body butter, but I got in my Christmas stocking. I'm glad I did! It smells like a strong amaretto and coke cocktail (which I think is good), and it moisturizes very well. Being that it is so thick, it is best for extra dry patches, but not all over. Works great on cuticles.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products