July 30, 2014 | 1288 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2003 8:59:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this stuff,especially the scent of it.It is nice and thick and does a good job of softening my hands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2003 6:51:00 PM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This hand cream has a really fantastic maraschino / marzipan scent to it... It really does smell delicious, and that is why I continue to use this... However, it is quite greasy, so I have to be careful of *when* I use this. This cream isn't appropriate for use when you're going to be handling papers... It smears pencil and ink alike. :/ It takes a very long time to absorb, and so I only use this when I'm watching a movie, before bed, etc. It does leave the hands super hydrated and moisturized once it is absorbed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2003 12:27:00 AM More reviews by MoonJelly

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love love love anything almond scented! So I actually bought it for the smell! :) It is a tad on the greasy side so I only use at night and try not to get it everywhere :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2003 7:31:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pretty greasy...but i love the smell of this stuff.
Because it's so greasy, I put it on just before bed so my hands have time to "marinate" in it.
Super-softening.
The jar, when you get down to the bottom, is hard to get the product out without getting tons of gunk under your nails...but at the same time, they could never put this stuff in a squeeze tube due to its consistency.
Oh well, i'll take it as i can get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2003 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Olympia689

I thought this product was pretty good.. My fingers crack during the winter and this mosturized my hands really good. Didn't care for the almond scent at first however it grew on me and I really like it now.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2003 9:32:00 PM More reviews by sh01

I like this but I think it leaves your hands more greasy than moisturized probably because of the beeswax. Once the greasy feeling wears off, it leaves your hands pretty soft, that is if you can first tolerate your hands feeling like they have just been dipped into Crisco. It smells lovely though, it's called almond milk but I think it smells like maraschino cherries. I like how the product comes in a jar. It was $5.99 for 2 oz. It makes it very convient to carry in a purse. I don't think I will repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2003 4:55:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was lemming this, but wasn't going to buy it until I was finished with my TBS body butter, but I got in my Christmas stocking. I'm glad I did! It smells like a strong amaretto and coke cocktail (which I think is good), and it moisturizes very well. Being that it is so thick, it is best for extra dry patches, but not all over. Works great on cuticles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 2:00:00 PM More reviews by shamrocked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Mixed feelings. It surely does moisturize, I'll give it that. It's pretty 'thick' on, you definitely feel it for quite some time after application.

Two problems I have with this however. First is that the scent - albeit SOMEWHAT pleasant, it overwhelming. Forget whatever perfume you're wearing, this will completely overpower it. The scent itself is middling to me - a very strong sharp almond scent with a tinge of 'medicine'. But the thing is its a STRONG scent.

Also the scent does last a long time. If anyone thinks otherwise I think it's just one's nose's self-defense mechanism at work.

The other thing I didn't like was - the packaging - it's in a screw-top jar and it's in solid-like 'butter' form - which is fine but not so much for those with nails. Kind of getting tired of having to scrape it off the undersides of my nails where it accumulates each time I use it. It might be better if the 'rim' of the jar was wider (the diameter is approx. the size of Jane Blushing Cheeks/Ulta Eyeshadows/MAC blushes)

I do however give it 3 lippies because it does moisturize which I suppose is the whole 'point', but I don't think I'd buy it again, if I wanted that strong of scent I'd just prefer to marinate myself in a favorite perfume. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2002 7:36:00 PM More reviews by jellykelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome. I've used it every night before bed for a year and a half now, and I get grumpy if I run out.

The almond scent isn't my favorite, but it's grown on me.
I love it because it's thick and rich and feels wonderful when you rub it into your knuckles and fingers.

If I'm feeling really decadent, I'll cover my hands in these white cotton gloves I have from TBS and my hands are so, so soft in the morning. I don't do it as often as I should because the gloves make me feel goofy in a Michael Jackson kind of way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2002 6:20:00 PM More reviews by jjff

The cream is heavy and sticky at first, but after you rub it in for a while, it gets absorbed really well and makes your hands satiny-smooth. I like the fact that it's an all-natural formula. The smell is, indeed, repulsive, but it does fade quickly.