Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 11/20/2005 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was super cheap and it takes off make up and waterproof mascara for the most part, but i agree with other reviews saying that it doesn't remove it all so in the morning i still have some baby racoon eyes and i'll have to take a Q-tip and clean up a bit.

on 11/16/2005 9:50:00 PM

This is my fav of all eye m/u removers. I've tried Mary Kay, L'Oreal, and even Clinique. I always come back to this one. It's so economical and I find that it gets off any type of mascara and eye m/u, no matter how heavily applied. lol.

on 11/9/2005 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Warm

Useless! You might as well save your money! It's like water. I would try to remove my makeup before bed, and I'd have to rub so hard, almost no results. In the morning I'd have racoon eyes! I'd have to use it again in the morning, and then use another cleanser in the shower!

Okay, yes I use waterproof eye makeup-but this is MAKEUP REMOVER. I will never ever waste my money on this product again. In fact, I may never try anything else from this product line!

on 11/5/2005 9:26:00 PM

Got this for free, so I can't comment on the price. It's the first non-cream based eye make-up remover I've used, and works soo much better than cream. I find it non-irritating, even when it gets right in my eyes, and my eyes are usually quite sensitive. No problems removing mascara, but it really doesn't remove even non-waterproof mascara very well.

My trick is to soak a cotton ball in remover and hold it over/press it down on my lashes for maybe 5 seconds, then wipe. I find that's a lot more effective, although it still takes numerous wipes to remove it all, and I'm still not convinced it removes all of my waterproof mascara.

on 10/20/2005 2:38:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this eye makeup remover. It works really well for me, though as a disclaimer let me say that I wear only mascara and occasionally some eyeshadow. However, after a makeover session at Sephora where the SA caked my undereye with tons of concealer, this makeup remover was the only thing that took it off! I like the fact this doesn't leave an oily film on my lids after use. Also a great deal at $6 for a 4 oz. bottle. Highly recommended!

on 10/18/2005 4:58:00 PM

I agree with other reviewers that this doesn't remove even non-waterproof eye makeup very well. I'm always left with a noticeable trace of eyeliner and/or mascara around my eyes, no matter how many times I go over them. I just don't see how it would remove products that *are* waterproof! Pros: non-irritating, not greasy, inexpensive, and I like the flip cap. For a similarly priced, but more effective drugstore alternative, try Maybelline's eye makeup remover for non-waterproof makeup (with the blue cap). Update: This does sting my eyes a little bit. Boo. continued >>

on 10/5/2005 12:00:00 PM

I've been using this product for a few months now. It doesn't work that well considering i have to rub to get off my basic non waterproof mascara. I don't care to rub on my eye area but it doesn't sting which is nice so i'll use it up and find something better.

on 8/31/2005 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have spent all summer trying to find an eyemake up remover that actually worked and didn't wind up in the bottom of the bin. This one wasn't a winner.

It never took all of my waterproof mascara off. In fact, it took several days to remove it all completely. There was always a follow up wash with my facial cleanser and stinging eyes almost every night before bed. It didn't really disolve, just pulled off makeup in chunks.

You can do a lot better for the same price with the Ponds remover.

on 8/13/2005 9:02:00 PM

This is the best eye makeup remover ever! It removes every trace of eye makeup effortlessly. (I don't wear waterproof mascara, so I'm not sure about that.)
I love this because it's quick, oil-free, and doesn't irritate my eyes in any way. Perfect! Update: I think this was too drying on my eyelashes because they started falling out. Back to L'oreal.

on 8/11/2005 3:09:00 AM

Unlike most of the other raving reviews, I did NOT like this product. I thought it was a sub-par eye makeup remover. It takes quite a bit of product and rubbing to get my make-up off, something my Clinique and Lancome eye-makeup removers did not do. And for waterproof mascaras... forget about it. I had to soak several cotton squares to remove it...eeekk! It also fogged my vision for a couple of minutes after and left a little stingy sensation. The price is very cheap, but I will definitely not be buying this again.