April 18, 2014 | 852 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 12:15:00 PM More reviews by AlFitz614

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all the rave reviews, I had to give thie product a try, and I love it. The packaging is very convienent (has a flip top), it's not messy and very easy to use. I put a litte on a cotton ball, wipe over my eyes, and all the makeup is gone (I don't wear any WP makeup). It doesn't burn my eyes, and it's really cheap. This is a great drugstore fine, and I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 6:57:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It removes my smokey eye looks easily and without alot of rubbing. I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2005 7:36:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mild Rosacea, Sensitive, Combination Skin----> I decided to try this eye makeup remover as it was on clearance at the local Walmart. I only spent 2 bucks on the product but I wouldn't buy it again for 1 buck. The biggest issue I had with it is that it stung my eyes really bad. I admit it did remove my mascara but the eye irritation wasn't worth it for me. If you have really sensitive skin or "allergy eyes" I would skip this remover entirely. I will continue to buy Loreal's or Almay from now on; just too irritating for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by mspres3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews on this product, I decided to try it. I am very glad that I did. It removes my eye makeup beautifully. There is no stinging, missing lashes, or anything. However, I cannot comment on how it removes waterproof mascara b/c I only use the regular kind. Anyway, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I really like this remover, since it's oil-free and odourless. I don't wear waterproof mascara (just the regular kind) so it easily removes all traces of my eye makeup. Great price & packaging. I would definitely repurchase. UPDATE: I still love this stuff - nothing compares to how effective yet gentle it is! There are eye makeup removers out in the market for 3X the price and they don't do half as good a job as Rimmel's! I will continue buying this - a bottle lasts about 4 months for me with daily use. It's about $6 Cdn and I try to stock up when there are sales.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2005 6:09:00 PM More reviews by mm429

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While I do like the packaging (the flip top is very handy!) and the fact that its not oily at all, the product just doesn't do its job. It does NOTHING for WP mascara and barely can erase regular mascara! The only thing I can see this being used for is small touch-ups/smudges.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2005 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bunnybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

pros: does not sting eyes, no residue, cheap, nice packaging.
cons: does nothing for removing WP mascara!! :\ i might as well just use my OoO foaming face wash while washing the rest of my face, b/c it probably does a better job.
I would not repurchase. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2005 8:01:00 PM More reviews by mh_ccl

This product does not do a fantastic job of removing my eye makeup, but it does it well enough that I will repurchase it. What I really like about it is the flip top bottle, which is convenient an not messy, and the fact that this is a non-oily eye makeup remover. Oily removers give me hard, cyst-like acne in the delicate eye area - not a nice thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2005 11:28:00 PM More reviews by shumster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This stuff is great for fixing mistakes. I bought it initially to remove waterproof mascara at the end of the day but it just wan't potent enough. I ended up switching to Neutrogenea's eye makeup remover for that. But-- I still keep this stuff around for fixing mistakes during makeup application (including waterproof mascara smudges). It's contact-safe, doesn't leave a residue, and you don't have to rinse it off. Plus, the cap is perfect for q-tips. Perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2005 12:11:00 AM More reviews by wsdailey

I have to use a lot of this product to completely remove mascara, along with quite a bit rubbing on my 44-year old eyelids that I'd rather not do. It also stings my eyes terribly if I'm not careful. I'll be going back to Mary Kay makeup remover after this.