Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 12/31/2005 10:28:00 AM

Awful product. I wear minimal eye makeup and it could not remove any of it. I went through cottonball after cottonball, then went through q-tip after q-tip. My kid's baby wipes got rid of the makeup in 10 seconds flat. Would not buy this again. I am now afraid to try any other eye makeup removers. I guess I will stick with the baby wipes for now, I always have tons on hand.

on 12/26/2005 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this is a great product! I use regular mascara-not waterproof-and this stuff worked great for me. I only had to use one cottonball for both eyes, and it removed every trace of makeup with no oily residue. I would definitely buy this again.

on 12/24/2005 1:28:00 AM

I love this product because it's so cheap and effective. The best part is that it's non-oily. The packaging is also very good with the flipped cap.I agree that it may take several wipes to totally remove the mascara but since it's so cheap...I don't mind that.

Also if you want the same product for even cheaper..try 'Equate Eye Makeup Remover' from Walmart. It is essentially the same as Rimmel but only $1 per bottle.

on 12/15/2005 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Ugh, this stuff absolutely doesn't work for me. It does a decent job of removing my eye makeup, and it doesn't sting or burn while I use it. But apparently it's still damaging my skin, because not long after I use it my skin becomes rough, dry, and flaky. Even one application ruins my delicate eye area for up to a week. I'll stick to my baby oil for eye makeup removal from now on.

on 12/13/2005 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this was the worst i've tried. i gave it 2 points since it doesn't sting my eyes...but i have to go thru 2 or 3 cottonballs for each eyes to get all the make up removed. i want an eye makeup remover that will remove w/ one swipe. this one still leaves some eyeliner behind! i tried almay and that one worked better...but i hear the new ponds one is great so i really gotta try that one next.

on 11/20/2005 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was super cheap and it takes off make up and waterproof mascara for the most part, but i agree with other reviews saying that it doesn't remove it all so in the morning i still have some baby racoon eyes and i'll have to take a Q-tip and clean up a bit.

on 11/16/2005 9:50:00 PM

This is my fav of all eye m/u removers. I've tried Mary Kay, L'Oreal, and even Clinique. I always come back to this one. It's so economical and I find that it gets off any type of mascara and eye m/u, no matter how heavily applied. lol.

on 11/9/2005 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Warm

Useless! You might as well save your money! It's like water. I would try to remove my makeup before bed, and I'd have to rub so hard, almost no results. In the morning I'd have racoon eyes! I'd have to use it again in the morning, and then use another cleanser in the shower!

Okay, yes I use waterproof eye makeup-but this is MAKEUP REMOVER. I will never ever waste my money on this product again. In fact, I may never try anything else from this product line!

on 11/5/2005 9:26:00 PM

Got this for free, so I can't comment on the price. It's the first non-cream based eye make-up remover I've used, and works soo much better than cream. I find it non-irritating, even when it gets right in my eyes, and my eyes are usually quite sensitive. No problems removing mascara, but it really doesn't remove even non-waterproof mascara very well.

My trick is to soak a cotton ball in remover and hold it over/press it down on my lashes for maybe 5 seconds, then wipe. I find that's a lot more effective, although it still takes numerous wipes to remove it all, and I'm still not convinced it removes all of my waterproof mascara.

on 10/20/2005 2:38:00 AM

I love this eye makeup remover. It works really well for me, though as a disclaimer let me say that I wear only mascara and occasionally some eyeshadow. However, after a makeover session at Sephora where the SA caked my undereye with tons of concealer, this makeup remover was the only thing that took it off! I like the fact this doesn't leave an oily film on my lids after use. Also a great deal at $6 for a 4 oz. bottle. Highly recommended!