October 21, 2014 | 1602 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by spaceykatie

I just bought this product yesterday and I have to say that the biggest differences between this and a sephora version of the brush is MAC's softness and precision. The bristles and wonderfully soft and perfectly dense. The size of the brush is just enought that i can apply e/s to my eyes in thirds really well, and i can create a rounded outer shape. I created a neutral eye this morning and with my relatively light colors it worked for pack color on the lid, crease, and highlight, it did everything! The girl at the counter yesterday said that if she had to pick two must haves for eyes she would go for this brish and a blending brush, and i have to agree that that combo would be a staple for basic eyes. Overall very nice brush and I'm looking foreward to a long, shed-free life with this brush, very much unlike my sephora brush : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

This and the 217 are my most used MAC brushes of all time! The 239 is absolutely fantastic! It's the perfect brush for applying e/s over the lid area, picks up shadows wonderfully and is also a great brush for highlighting the browbone. What initially worried me about the brush was it being white-haired, but it cleans up beautifully and always looks brand new once washed! I've had no shedding at all with this brush! My only complaint with MAC brushes is the lettering wears off so fast .. but all in all, huge rave on the 239! I'll never be without this *gem*!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is a good brush, but it's no better than any of the cheaper brushes i own. i don't really understand why this is a favorite of so many. i use it almost daily, but it's not that special.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Rholynn

Great brush for packing on color but there are a lot of good alternates out there.

I use this one fairly often when I'm applying color to my lid, and if I'm dong more detailed, fine-tuned work where I need a smaller brush..

Really pricey but it is a good quality brush though..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

I have plenty of eyeshadow brushes already, so it's nice to have one such as this with white hairs - it makes it easy to see how much shadow you've picked up. Otherwise, it looks and functions much like any of my other small-medium eyeshadow brushes - somewhat flattened at the base with a rounded/domed brush head.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by nightvamp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is good if you "pat" the colour on instead of swiping it. For the rest i'm not really inpressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my first brushes ever from MAC. I actually got it because a family friend had given us a gift back from MAC way back in the day. All the colours in the gift basket were red and no one in the family used red. So we brought the basket to the MAC counter, explained out situation, and they let me choose anything that equated in value. I didn't know what to get since I was still in high school at the time. The MUA there suggested the 239 brush. At the time, I didn't know what it was nor did I know what it did.

Well years later, this brush has become an essential. When I used to use mineral foundation, I would use this brush as a concealer brush...to pack on the powder to any acne marks or blemishes. Now that I use a different foundation and concealer, I use this brush strictly for eyeshadow...when I wear it. This packs on pigment incredibly and any eyeshadow colour to give you the vibrant look. There is no waste when using this brush aka minimal fallout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this brush a lot. It works great for packing on color on my lid. I love all the white brushes from the whole MAC collection. The quality is outstanding, it's firm yet soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by lastoneout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great for packing on bright/intense colors on the lid, then lightly blending it up, especially on smaller Asian eyelids like mine. Super soft, easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brush. It's one of my favourites, and great quality like all MAC brushes. It's the best brush I own for packing on colour. If I could only pick one MAC eye brush I think it'd be this one. (Though I'd miss the 224.)