April 17, 2014 | 1908 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this brush a lot. It works great for packing on color on my lid. I love all the white brushes from the whole MAC collection. The quality is outstanding, it's firm yet soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by lastoneout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great for packing on bright/intense colors on the lid, then lightly blending it up, especially on smaller Asian eyelids like mine. Super soft, easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brush. It's one of my favourites, and great quality like all MAC brushes. It's the best brush I own for packing on colour. If I could only pick one MAC eye brush I think it'd be this one. (Though I'd miss the 224.)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by ricquettaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd like to think this is like the HG brushes but its not. I bought this brush after i pruchased my 217 and I'd like to also think that if I bought the 239 first it would be my HG brush. It can pack on colour, and yes its a great quality brush, but really and truely its not really versatile. Don't get me wrong, I still think everyone should have one, and I also think its preformance is superb. However, in the long run how good is it really? Just 4 lippies good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

This seems to be a staple in every makeup addict's stash, so I went ahead and purchased it. First off, this is remarkably similar to Loew & Cornell's Maxine's mop brushes. I think the L & C brush is a little harder, and the handles are a bit longer, but that is it. This brush is good for packing on a dense layer of colour on your lids, if you "pat" the colour on instead of swiping it. It also allows for a precise application using the tips alone. However, I find that overall the brush is quite stiff, and it is thus not very forgiving if you misplace some dark colours. I prefer the 217 over this one and will probably not repurchase because I already have this and two of the L & C dupes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I too got this from the HK collection and it works very well to pack color on my lid, and I know that if it were the normal one, not from the HK collection it would be even better, because this little one is already pretty great, so if it were ever to get lost or broken ;-( then I would most definitely get one, but for the time being this little puppy is good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by belle_30x

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Honestly, other than the dorky little sponge tip applicators inside drugstore eye shadows, I had no real idea how these brushes are supposed to work. I gave it a 4 because it worked out well and a whole lot better than teh sponge tips. Although I do like the 217 better because it seems I can do the same things this one can, plus blend out a smoke eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by blink1217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the special edition from the Hello Kitty brush and holder set...and will now be purchasing the real size 239. I love how it easily packs on color on the lids. I see why it's a must have MAC brush :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by algreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a bunch of MAC eyeshadow brushes, but this one is probably my favorite. I use it for applying color to my lid. It's quite good at packing on the color. I especially like it for applying pigments because it seems to minimize fall-out. Great brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was completely worth the money.. I cannot remember the price but I think it is anywhere from $22-$24. It's an outstanding quality brush that can do many things. It packs on color easily, it can be flipped on end to work the crease, or under the eyes. It's has many uses, you just have to experiment with it to find the best ways. It has enough weight to it, so the handle feels solid. It's one of the best starter brushes for MAC. If you are new to their brushes, get this and the 217 first. You don't really need anything else. I go for being practical first and having the most real use you can get out of a brush.
I don't feel the need to use brush shampoo, because gentle baby shampoo is the same thing. Lay them flat to dry and your brush should last forever. If you don't, and they dry brush end up, your handle may crack from the water. MAC brushes are handmade, made of teak wood, and goat hair. Brushes cannot do all the work for you, it's up to you and the products to do the rest.