August 20, 2014 | 2020 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is a good brush, but it's no better than any of the cheaper brushes i own. i don't really understand why this is a favorite of so many. i use it almost daily, but it's not that special.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Rholynn

Great brush for packing on color but there are a lot of good alternates out there.

I use this one fairly often when I'm applying color to my lid, and if I'm dong more detailed, fine-tuned work where I need a smaller brush..

Really pricey but it is a good quality brush though..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

I have plenty of eyeshadow brushes already, so it's nice to have one such as this with white hairs - it makes it easy to see how much shadow you've picked up. Otherwise, it looks and functions much like any of my other small-medium eyeshadow brushes - somewhat flattened at the base with a rounded/domed brush head.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by nightvamp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is good if you "pat" the colour on instead of swiping it. For the rest i'm not really inpressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my first brushes ever from MAC. I actually got it because a family friend had given us a gift back from MAC way back in the day. All the colours in the gift basket were red and no one in the family used red. So we brought the basket to the MAC counter, explained out situation, and they let me choose anything that equated in value. I didn't know what to get since I was still in high school at the time. The MUA there suggested the 239 brush. At the time, I didn't know what it was nor did I know what it did.

Well years later, this brush has become an essential. When I used to use mineral foundation, I would use this brush as a concealer brush...to pack on the powder to any acne marks or blemishes. Now that I use a different foundation and concealer, I use this brush strictly for eyeshadow...when I wear it. This packs on pigment incredibly and any eyeshadow colour to give you the vibrant look. There is no waste when using this brush aka minimal fallout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this brush a lot. It works great for packing on color on my lid. I love all the white brushes from the whole MAC collection. The quality is outstanding, it's firm yet soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by lastoneout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great for packing on bright/intense colors on the lid, then lightly blending it up, especially on smaller Asian eyelids like mine. Super soft, easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brush. It's one of my favourites, and great quality like all MAC brushes. It's the best brush I own for packing on colour. If I could only pick one MAC eye brush I think it'd be this one. (Though I'd miss the 224.)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by ricquettaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd like to think this is like the HG brushes but its not. I bought this brush after i pruchased my 217 and I'd like to also think that if I bought the 239 first it would be my HG brush. It can pack on colour, and yes its a great quality brush, but really and truely its not really versatile. Don't get me wrong, I still think everyone should have one, and I also think its preformance is superb. However, in the long run how good is it really? Just 4 lippies good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

This seems to be a staple in every makeup addict's stash, so I went ahead and purchased it. First off, this is remarkably similar to Loew & Cornell's Maxine's mop brushes. I think the L & C brush is a little harder, and the handles are a bit longer, but that is it. This brush is good for packing on a dense layer of colour on your lids, if you "pat" the colour on instead of swiping it. It also allows for a precise application using the tips alone. However, I find that overall the brush is quite stiff, and it is thus not very forgiving if you misplace some dark colours. I prefer the 217 over this one and will probably not repurchase because I already have this and two of the L & C dupes.