MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 5/15/2009 6:15:00 PM

This is a great brush for applying color to your lid. I use this brush everyday, it is well worth the price tag!

on 5/15/2009 6:11:00 PM

This was one of the first mac brushes I bought, and is one of the reasons I am now addicted. They are expensive brushes but are great quality. I never have any shading and it always shapes well after washing. A great brush for placing color on the lid. Well worth the money.

GREAT brush for packing on color! It gives me great color payoff when going for a really dramatic eye. I wouldn't be complete without this brush!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Wow I love this brush !! I don't have to pick up too much eyeshadow cause it does a great job of putting it on the lids. I like that it is rather big (for my eyes anyways lol) so that it will apply colour on the whole lid in a couple of sweeps. It's also awesome for the brow bones! I seem to have a fetish for white-bristled brushes lol

on 4/28/2009 6:38:00 PM

This brush is a MUST HAVE!! I use it for every single day. It works awsome for packing color on the lid, crease, highlight, pigment.

on 4/25/2009 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great Great Great brush! The bristles pick up every little bit of eyeshadow. Really gets the color on. One of my fave brushes.

on 4/24/2009 10:30:00 AM

I just bought this product yesterday and I have to say that the biggest differences between this and a sephora version of the brush is MAC's softness and precision. The bristles and wonderfully soft and perfectly dense. The size of the brush is just enought that i can apply e/s to my eyes in thirds really well, and i can create a rounded outer shape. I created a neutral eye this morning and with my relatively light colors it worked for pack color on the lid, crease, and highlight, it did everything! The girl at the counter yesterday said that if she had to pick two must haves for eyes she would go for this brish and a blending brush, and i have to agree that that combo would be a staple for basic eyes. Overall very nice brush and I'm looking foreward to a long, shed-free life with this brush, very much unlike my sephora brush : )

on 4/21/2009 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This and the 217 are my most used MAC brushes of all time! The 239 is absolutely fantastic! It's the perfect brush for applying e/s over the lid area, picks up shadows wonderfully and is also a great brush for highlighting the browbone. What initially worried me about the brush was it being white-haired, but it cleans up beautifully and always looks brand new once washed! I've had no shedding at all with this brush! My only complaint with MAC brushes is the lettering wears off so fast .. but all in all, huge rave on the 239! I'll never be without this *gem*!!

on 4/12/2009 2:18:00 PM

this is a good brush, but it's no better than any of the cheaper brushes i own. i don't really understand why this is a favorite of so many. i use it almost daily, but it's not that special.

on 4/9/2009 11:46:00 AM

Great brush for packing on color but there are a lot of good alternates out there.

I use this one fairly often when I'm applying color to my lid, and if I'm dong more detailed, fine-tuned work where I need a smaller brush..

Really pricey but it is a good quality brush though..

Video Reviews & Tutorials