July 29, 2014 | 1577 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I paid NZD$26 for a bottle of water...crazy I know but I would repurchase. I love this because it's so cooling and soothing for my skin on a hot day. I have sensitive skin and I don't tolerate the heat well so I love to spray this on in summer. The water comes out in a very fine mist which feels great on your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by loveisastranger

i bought this thermal water along with avene's cleanance soapless gel cleanser last week. at this point i can say that i'm enjoying it (if not a little too much, considering the price). i use it as a toner after cleansing because it's difficult for me to find an effective toner. it hasn't done anything remarkable for me but it does help me spread my moisturizer on a lot easier, therefore i can use a lot less of it.
if my skin hasn't made a remarkable difference when i'm done my 300ml bottle then i won't be purchasing it again until the summetime (when i think it'd be quite the treat if shoved if the freezer for awhile before you leave the house)

also i'm considering just pouring a 400ml bottle of Fiji spring water in a spray bottle, adding some concentrace (minerals found in water), turning the nozzle on to a light mist and using that. i won't have the pretty container or the aeresol mist but i'm convinced it might work the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by SkekTek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice for sunburn or inflamed skin. I like to use it as a toner because my skin is sensitive and can't tolerate most toners. My only problem is the price!! so expensive for water!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by perfumeelisabet

this is water. w-a-t-e-r. nothing else.

people who use this are brainwashed. And i guess im one of them. Haha, but seriosly if you have not got that much money, i dont really recomment it, but for people who dont know what to do there money go ahead.

no but the reason why i buy it, is because of the bottle, it feels soo good to spray water on your skin like this.

I gave it 5 stars, because i like it, it has no side effect (obviosly, really) but it's not magic.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by sayakka

Oh my...i've been using this for years and totally in love with it.
belive me ive tried other brands thermal water including La Roche, Vichy,NOV,Uriage...blahblah..but Avene is the one that i always come back for.i use this right after i clean my face, before toning, and this stuff instantly smooth irritation that i introduce to my skin. i use it after i shave, or rashes here and there. this isn't a hydrating toner so don't expect this to hydrate, plus it wont even penetrate ur skin. but, it is presevative free! definately repurchase and make sure i never run out of supply

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by apk2

Got this as a package deal with the skin recovery cream for $23 at shoppers drug mart. It's really working well with my skin when used with the skin recovery cream and it feels so good too! I know it's just water in a bottle, but i sometimes get skin irritation on my face and that makes it look red and acne-like. But this with the cream makes the redness almost completely disappear. Itching? What itching? Avene products has made my itching skin a thing of the past and I love them so much!

Although I'm not sure if this is worth buying over and over again, as I've only been using it for a few days now, I will update later on to see if it really is a HG product.

I haven't used it as a makeup setter yet and I don't intend to because smashbox foundation already does a hell of a good job at making me look so darn awesome without anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never thought a can of water would do so much! I Love this stuff! If your skin is dry, sensitive or red.... This does wonders. I spray my face, wait a few minutes and apply my moisturizer. I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 1:54:00 AM More reviews by bluebyul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was kinda of suckered into buying this (If I bought 2 Avene products, I got a free full size cleanser :P). But I'm so thankful that I was! The larger bottles are $20CND, and I bought them on sale for $13.50. The saleswoman recommended it to me, because I had been having issues with my skin at that time, and she said a spray of it would help soothe the skin from whatever irritation I was having. I use it in the evening, after my normal moisturizer, and when I wake up in the morning, I am less oily than I normally am with the moisturize, and minus the spray. I have used it on burns before, and it does help to keep the irritation off that as well. I use it also for setting my makeup, to keep flakiness at bay. Though the price may be a tad steep, because it is "water", but I love it because it does the job its supposed to, and because it has so many different uses. Definitely will buy again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Cottoncandyandlollipops

Where to start...I guess I'll start by saying that this is more than just water.
A good friend of mine suffered from severe eczema since she was a teenager. It got so bad her whole arms and one cheek were covered completely. She got sent to the Avene treatment spa, spent 3 weeks there getting treatment with the water and came back with her eczema under control. She uses this spray and other Avene products only and her skin is under control to this day.

Now my story:
I have hypersensitive skin. I break out from pretty much 98% of products. This thermal water calms my skin, evens it out and moisturizes. I can't really explain what happens to my skn when I put this on other than it feels like it breathes a sigh of relief.
This along with the repair cream from Avene has saved my once blotchy uneven skin tone. Pure brilliance

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by reannahabib

This product is amazing. Great at setting makeup, but this is not why I purchased it. I am currently on two strong topical acne medications which leaves my skin in a horrible mess. I was unable to even apply moisturizer without an unbarable burning sensation. Not my mention my skin was literally peeling off. This product (along with other Avene products containing the thermal water) was the only thing that could soothe my extremely sensitive skin. It took away from the burning sensation and reduced redness. This stuff is a lifesaver! Worth every penny. I keep a 300mL can at home and a 50mL can in my purse.