Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/7/2013 7:41:00 AM

I absolutely love this palette. I bought the naked 2 palette and was quite disappointed in the lack of matte colours so I purchased this palette and instantly fell in love with it I basically use it every day in one way or another. I was surprised by the size but to be honest it's great to carry around or travel with it. I very rarely reach for any of my other neutral palettes now.

on 4/5/2013 5:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This palette is much smaller than I expected but I love it all the same. I recently received it as a gift from hawaii and I love it. The packaging is cute and the shades are really nice and neutral. One downside: there is no brush inluded.

on 4/2/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm a bit confused about this palette.
Are the eyeshadows good quality? Yes.
Are they wearable? Yes.
Is it travel friendly? Yes.
Is it a good deal considering the price and the amount of product? Yes.

The thing is... which of us doesn't have a satin off white like Venus? Or a matte black like Crave? A neutral brown like Faint? And W.O.S. looks exactly like painterly. Naked 2 is a cooler Wedge and Foxy is a powder form of a lighter Soft Orche - and I already have these.
Still got the Basics palette since I like soft earthy mattes for everyday, but I could achieve the provided looks with the eyeshadows I already own - most probably won't repurchase.

Edit: up to 5 lippies and would repurchase, the texture is a pleasure to work with. Even though they tend to be a tad powdery they're also buttery smooth and soft. I use Venus for the inner corner and Foxy or WOS as browbone highlighter (I adore matte highlighters). Crave is one of the best pitch black eyeshadows for lining the upper lid and I can even use Naked 2 for my eyebrows. I prefer Faint for smokey eyes. That's it. Granted, I don't use this palette on it's own (too flat for me, I prefer satins on the lid) but it's a true workhorse.

Absolutely love this palette! It has 5 matte shades with a highlighter Venus). These colours can easily transform day to night and it a great size to carry around I just wished it came with a brush!

I use Venus as a highlighter under your brows and the inner corners of your eyes. Then I would create the smokey eye effect with crave, naked and foxy. Then a day look with w.o.s and naked and possible foxy in the outer corners.

on 3/28/2013 9:56:00 PM

Been wanting a Naked palette for a while now, saw this lovely matte palette and bought it. I LOVE it! Absolutely beautiful colors that I think anyone can wear. Perfect for a soft but pretty day look and can be smoked out for a beautiful classy night eye. I know I will use the heck out of these pretty shades! I can't wait to get a naked palette which is next on my list for shimmery shadows.

on 3/27/2013 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My first UD product! I was super excited to try it out and it didn't disapoint I love this product. The eyeshadows are so pigmented and they are perfect for an everyday look but I love how you can use this palette for a more dramatic look as well. The packaging is really nice and sleek, love the mirror! My favorite color would have to be Venus because it's only slightly shimmery and super flattering !

on 3/26/2013 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm an avid user and believer in both the Naked 1 & 2 Palettes, so when I heard about the Naked Basics palette with all MATTE shades, I was like Whaaa!??? So excited!! I picked one of these little guys up the other day, and of course, I love it! Just like I knew I would. The colors are ultra pigmented (at least on me) and they blend nicely. They're super soft and velvety, and never chalky. My go to shades are definitely Virgin for highlight, WOS for an all over lid/base shade, and I'll often use Faint with a light hand - I'll just throw a little bit in my crease and go. These colors together create a flawless, everyday, go-to natural look for me. The palette is cute and small and fits nicely in my hand, so it's very travel friendly and can definitely be tossed in a purse and pulled out for touchups throughout the day.

Another thing I love about this palette is that you can go from day to night with the snap of your fingers. If you're out and get a last minute invite to grab dinner or a drink, you can just run into the bathroom and pop some of the "Crave" (matte black) shade in your crease or in your outer corners and BOOM - you go from day to night like that. This is a very versatile palette, and the only complaint I have is similar to that of many - I wish they wouldn't have included both WOS and Foxy. WOS has pink undertones, and Foxy has yellow. Those are both decent all over lid/base shades, but I feel like they could have included a nice matte grey shade instead of both of those shades. Meh. I guess I can't complain much. At least UD finally gave us some matte shades! Also, I found a pretty good use for Foxy - sometimes I'll use it to set my undereye concealer, because the yellow undertones are just perfect for such. I will continue to use/love this palette, and would repurchase tomorrow.
xx
-E

on 3/25/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The first thing that drew me to this was the size of the product - I thought it would be perfect for travel (I haven't used it yet for this, but I believe it will be great). I also loved the neutral shades and believe it's a great companion to the Naked 1 and 2 (also love those!).

In the past, I've usually bought cheap neutral palettes and would just get bored with them and eventually leave them to collect dust. However, this one is entirely different. The shades work great with my very fair skin and I can create a daily natural look that I think is very flattering. I actually look forward to putting on my eye makeup because of how this consistently works. The shadows are always high quality, and I'm impressed with their staying power (paired with an eyeshadow primer).

I have a feeling that this will last me ages, but I will definitely repurchased when I need to!

on 3/24/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is perfect to use when you cant decide which neutral to use. I have both naked pallette that i use everyday but i decide to use this coz this is more convenient when im in rush and didnt want to choose which neutral to go for. The best part is the packaging. Its very convinient to put in a purse for work or if you want to travel light.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like the colors and the blendability of this product but they are very powdery which shocked me for the price. My other urban decay items are wonderful. Maybe i got a bad batch

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products