September 2, 2014 | 1937 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sarahluvmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE,LOVE!! these eye-shadows! they go on so smoothly and blend like a dream! I have a medium skin tone and it shows up beautifully on me. Ladies if your just looking for a natural MATTE palette then this one is for you! This is my go too material for everyday use! the packaging is very cute,nice, and small so you can carry it in your makeup bag when ever your on the go! The price is pretty decent compared to other urban decay palettes. I say that this product is worth a shot!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by frankmancini

Top quality, highly pigmented nude matte shades. I love this palette.. shades can be incorporated into basically every look. The highlighter shade is a satin finish, so the palette isn't truly all matte.. but it's a great shade

For 27 bucks, it's a good deal for Urban Decay shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Chelseabun74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am thrilled with this pallet. I am 38 and have stopped wearing shimmery eyeshadows because I just feel it doesn't bring out the best in me. I find this pallet perfect for my colouring (NC 25 or Tawny in ELDW). The colours are very natural and wearable, yet versatile too. You can wear it for casual days without looking too done up or you can add more drama by using the darker colours. What I love about this pallet is that I can use it for my eyebrows too. For my brows, I use Faint (blonde hair but dark blonde brows) and it looks completely natural. As previous reviewers have said, the shadows are buttery with no fallout. They glide on really well and last all day. I will definitely repurchase and I can see myself hitting pan on this as I use it every day. I love the cute packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by 1017

So it turns out this is the Naked palette that I reach for most. I am NW20 with almost black hair, brown eyes. I sold Naked 1 the colors were too warm for me. I love Naked 2, the colors suit me so much more, but they require real clothes (not yoga pants & a t-shirt) because they have a little more oomph to them. And some of the colors are darker than I prefer. I tend to avoid really dark colors as they always gravitate into my dark under eye circle and end up making me look tired. But the Naked Basics are all bright, casual shades and even a nice liner shade. If I am going to the gym, but my eyes looks like I got punched I am so tired, I use this. If I want a casual hang out by the fire in your husband's sweater day, I reach for this. When I might want to go out later, but need something now, I reach for this. When I want to put on makeup but not look like I have makeup on, I reach for this. I am ALWAYS reaching for this. It is so drab, yet so functional. I do love the packaging, the size and the colors with dark mascara and liner always give me sexy pinup eyes.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

I'm hoping I can return this. I'm pale and cool-toned, and the colors wash me out. I was thinking I'd keep it to use Crave as a liner and Venus for highlighting, but Crave doesn't stay in place AT ALL. This is gross, but I have to check my eyes for black goop all day long because Crave just gravitates to my tear duct or something. Venus isn't as good as the other highlighters I have, so I really don't like any of the shadows.
Also, I haven't closed the lid all the way since I first opened it. It was so hard to open the first time that I decided I didn't want to close it and risk injury trying to open it again.
I was really excited about this, and it was a bit of a splurge for me. Obviously, it was a letdown.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by sarahheartsmakeup

i love urban decay formula for eyeshadow and fell in love with the look of naked palettes. The only issue is i hate glittery shadows and they were full of them! So when i saw this palette with a bunch of mattes i had to get it. This is a great palette for looks you can wear through the day and work! If you go from work to go out you can make it dramatic.I have fairly decent length nails and THE ONLY THING IS ITS SO HARD TO OPEN.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am an UD shadow lover and own many palettes by them. I find that this palette works best when used with Naked 1 or 2 and my Vice Palette. I have the Naked 2 because I am cool toned and am in love with my Vice. I find that this little gem compliments those palettes because it gives you more matte colors to work with.

I find for me I use WOS and a bending and upper brow bone color with my N2 palette I use Naked 2,Venus,Faint, and crave with my N2 and Vice. I can do a full eye look with this palette alone but for me I find it best to be used with my other palettes. Some may find that tedious or just want the 6 to work together on it's own and you can but having other palettes to work with really makes this little baby awesome in my book.

As usual UD does not disappoint with their quality shadows they are so buttery and blend so well. Can be used wet or dry and last forever on your eyes better with primer I think.I really like this palette and am stoked to add it to my collection. If your a palette lover or just love UD shadows this will not let you down. I also think the price was reasonable for 6 colors and the quality is amazing. I do recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by joyonicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the first Urban Decay palette of my own, although I sometimes use my roommate's vice and naked 2. I couldn't resist picking it up today when I went into Sephora looking for a contouring palette - the textures are smooth and almost creamy, despite being powders. I use faint (milk chocolate brown) for my brows and naked 2 (taupe) for contouring my nose. PSA: use a cool matte color to contour! The natural shadows on our faces are not warm or shimmery. Shimmer in your highlight color is fine since you want it to catch the light, but having sparkly brown hollows in your cheeks looks pretty fake. Crave (black) is great as eyeliner when you wet an angled eyeliner brush to apply it, but I'm too lazy for that. As stated by other reviewers, all the colors are matte except venus (pearly/shimmery beige), which is a great highlighter color as it's luminous without being sparkly. All colors are very pigmented and beautiful. I couldn't justify spending the money on the naked or naked 2 palette because I knew I wouldn't use all the colors, but this size is perfect for me, as well as very portable.

Complaints: The two lighter matte colors, Foxy and Wall of Shame, are too similar. I'm already not a huge fan of light eyeshadows so I can tell I won't be using either much. I would prefer if one of them was a little different in color or finish to set them apart.

Despite this I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out. I still can't get over the colors being perfect for contouring my face, since it's supposed to be an eyeshadow palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by pinkchopstix13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this little palette! I have Naked 1&2 and am a real UD fanatic so it was a given that I would pick up this little gem. 5 out of the 6 shades are matte; the only one that is a shimmery/pearlish shade is Venus. I think all of the matte shades make it a nice complement to the larger Naked palettes which are predominately shimmery shades. These shadows are soft, buttery and incredibly blendable. I have been playing with this palette all week and have received tons of compliments. I love each color but the real stand-outs to me are Venus, Naked 2 and Faint. Gorgeous!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by GuysCallMeShawna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Naked 1&2 equally. This palette was a huge disappointment.

I was at ULTA today and checked it out. I already have Foxy in Naked 2 along with a back up single;and WOS came with my six palette. WOS pink tones don't show up on my NC10 skin so It doesn't look much different than Foxy which seems more opaque on me.

The standouts in this palette I will buy when they become singles are Naked 2 and Venus. They are buttery soft goodness. Venus is a beautiful creamy white sheen(why can't we have more sheens?) and naked 2 is a matte greige-taupe. the two darkest colors in the palette had the texture of ashes. Both very sooty looking and feeling.

I don't want the palette. It's about the size of a cell phone but, I don't want the added bulk in my M/U bag just for two colors. Oh, I had a hard time opening the palette