October 30, 2014 | 1433 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the palette. It brightens up my face very nicely. I don't do smokey eyes very often, even when dressing up, so the look I'm nearly always trying to achieve is a basic, fresh, face. This definitely does that. Though, I wish they had given us something a little different. For me, and my fair skin, once I put on the "flesh toned" colors, the one dark brown (faint) is just way too dark. I do like the black, but I have black in every other UD palette and I only ever use it as an eyeliner. They either should have made it a little bigger, and given everyone more options (I know some people don't like having so many lighter shades), or just sell their shadows as duos/trios/quads instead of trying to make a palette as often as they do. I would have been excited about the first four shades in a quad.
So, I am happy with it. $27 is a good price for a small palette that I will get a lot of use out of. Just wish there were a few things different.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing.
I am NW20 and although I like full coverage makeup, I am shy of bright shades and eyeshadows. I never wear eyeshadow. I don't know what to do with it or how to make it look good but I've always wanted to use it. A friend who has the original Naked palettes recommended this to me as it has neutral, matte shades that would be a good starting palette. I went to Urban Decay and the SA tried a few looks on me. I liked every look she did except when she used Crave (the darkest black-brown shade) but I will try to use this with a wet angled brush as a liner (which the SA didnt)

The price is great (20) for 6 great shades that are a lovely buttery consistency, good quality and last all day.
Venus is a satin light neutral pink
Foxy is a light sand shade
WOS is sand with a hint of dusky pink
Naked 2 is a light slate taupe
Faint is a dark chocolate brown
Crave is pretty much black with the teensiest bit of brown.

I feel that I can reach for this most days and I don't feel like I'm out of my comfort zone! I think this would be great for an eyeshadow newbie like me whereas my friend who loves eyeshadow prefers the versatility of Naked 1 and 2.

The packaging is sturdy and tough. I don't think I'll be breaking this any time soon. So I think 20 for a good quality palette of 6 wonderfully made eyeshadows is a bargain. I wouldn't even mind if they bumped up the price a bit and added a small eye primer potion or brush!

I would repurchase this over and over again as I feel like this palette has opened up lots of new, lovely everyday looks for me and is a bit more exciting than winged eyeliner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by BeckyDunmall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this palette! I really like matt finish eye shadows so the idea of this palette instantly had my attention and it lives up to the hype.
The colours are very blendable and stay in place all day with an eye shadow primer. They create a great look for both day and night, I use this palette when I know I'm working that day and I often get compliments on my eye make-up.
The only downside of the product is I find the palette slightly hard to open.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ah! Finally, UD made an all matte shadow palette :)
As with the other UD palettes, the quality of the shadows are fantastic. These are matte but also super creamy and soft and NEVER chalky. The only issue I have is with the fact that there are so many highlight/ base colours. I can understand the shimmer white one and even foxy but i don't know why they included WOS. It's basically a pink based foxy. I wish they had included another midtone brown or taupe shade instead of WOS.
Overall, this is an awesome palette I grab often simply because I love the quality.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Angelbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette because I wear neutrals everyday and thought it would be great for travel. I love the packaging -- very compact, sturdy, has a good mirror, and looks very nice. The shadows themselves are highly pigmented and easily blendable. All the shadows are matte except Venus which is a little shimmery. The color selection in this palette makes blending very easy. However, my issue with this palette is that there is an overwhelming amount of highlight colors. I've very pale, so Venus is a a great highlight that shows up on my skin. Foxy and W.O.S. both blend right into my skin color though. These two shades are far too similar, and I wish UD would've included another mid-tone shade instead (maybe something in between Faint and Crave?). Overall, I do like this palette a lot. The similarity between Foxy and W.O.S. is my only complaint.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

This palette is just what I hoped it would be. It is easy to wear colors that go with everything.
I only gave it 4 stars because it does not make me look as FABulous as some other palettes do, but really, it is supposed to be basic and it is just that.
I think it was a very good purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sarahluvmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE,LOVE!! these eye-shadows! they go on so smoothly and blend like a dream! I have a medium skin tone and it shows up beautifully on me. Ladies if your just looking for a natural MATTE palette then this one is for you! This is my go too material for everyday use! the packaging is very cute,nice, and small so you can carry it in your makeup bag when ever your on the go! The price is pretty decent compared to other urban decay palettes. I say that this product is worth a shot!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by frankmancini

Top quality, highly pigmented nude matte shades. I love this palette.. shades can be incorporated into basically every look. The highlighter shade is a satin finish, so the palette isn't truly all matte.. but it's a great shade

For 27 bucks, it's a good deal for Urban Decay shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Chelseabun74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am thrilled with this pallet. I am 38 and have stopped wearing shimmery eyeshadows because I just feel it doesn't bring out the best in me. I find this pallet perfect for my colouring (NC 25 or Tawny in ELDW). The colours are very natural and wearable, yet versatile too. You can wear it for casual days without looking too done up or you can add more drama by using the darker colours. What I love about this pallet is that I can use it for my eyebrows too. For my brows, I use Faint (blonde hair but dark blonde brows) and it looks completely natural. As previous reviewers have said, the shadows are buttery with no fallout. They glide on really well and last all day. I will definitely repurchase and I can see myself hitting pan on this as I use it every day. I love the cute packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by 1017

So it turns out this is the Naked palette that I reach for most. I am NW20 with almost black hair, brown eyes. I sold Naked 1 the colors were too warm for me. I love Naked 2, the colors suit me so much more, but they require real clothes (not yoga pants & a t-shirt) because they have a little more oomph to them. And some of the colors are darker than I prefer. I tend to avoid really dark colors as they always gravitate into my dark under eye circle and end up making me look tired. But the Naked Basics are all bright, casual shades and even a nice liner shade. If I am going to the gym, but my eyes looks like I got punched I am so tired, I use this. If I want a casual hang out by the fire in your husband's sweater day, I reach for this. When I might want to go out later, but need something now, I reach for this. When I want to put on makeup but not look like I have makeup on, I reach for this. I am ALWAYS reaching for this. It is so drab, yet so functional. I do love the packaging, the size and the colors with dark mascara and liner always give me sexy pinup eyes.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No