September 23, 2014 | 1950 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by JazzyCloud

This is the first BB cream I have tried and I got it in the lightest shade. I do not wear makeup day to day (such as foundation, concealer, blush etc) but have recently been noticing that my skin needed to be evened out a little and for some reason I was starting to get a bit oily on my nose.

What I did not like:
* No SPF. This isn't such a big deal because I had started using a daily facial cream that has SPF, but it would be nice to take out a step.
* BB creams, from what I understand, are supposed to help sooth and heal your skin. Kind of a like a tinted moisturizer but with even more benefits. However, this is just more like a VERY sheer tinted moisturizer, without much of the moisture.
*I think it is WAY to expensive for what you are getting.
*Packaging just is cheap looking, but not that big of a deal.

What I DID like:
*The shade is a good color match and I have not had any problem with turning orange as some of the other reviewers mentioned.
*As I said I do not wear other makeup and was looking for something to just give a little bit of evening out and I feel that it did do that.
*Keeps me matte pretty much all day. If I do have to blot with my elf oil control blotting pads it is after 7-9 hours of wear.
*Doesn't have a scent.

Overall I think this product is OK but for the price I would like to try some of the other ones on the market. I would buy this again though, especially if it went on sale.

EDIT May 26, 2013

I just finished my bottle and now have a few things to add

* I started noticing that this product "sat" on top of my skin rather than setting. Its been allergy season and whenever I would blow my nose I would notice the product on the tissue. It just never felt like it would stay and that is frustrating.

*I had a little tester packet in the same shade that I got in an Ulta gift bag and it turned me orange. Like I said it was the exact same shade as I bought in the store, so I don't know why the little packet turned me orange but the bottle one doesn't. The only thing that i can think of is that the tester packet, the little "magic beads" had already been "burst" and I think that they may have oxidized in the packet.

I just the Maybelline BB cream so I'll see how it compares after a few uses.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by jangee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked it when I first put it on, it was light, felt good, and covered my imperfections. However, after a few hours, it turned that ugly orange color on my oily skin, yuk.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by ccarebear344

I liked the texture of this product with the beads. I am extremely fair with cool undertones so I thought it would be a good match. However, it oxidizes like crazy and at the end of the day I looked like an oompa loompa. I really wanted to like it for the price, and I may try it again in the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by tiffanynnnunes

For the price of this product I thought it was pretty good. Nothing really fancy about it. I personally like it just for a primer, it makes my skin really soft and keeps the oil that normally piles up in my t-zone to a bare minimum. And of course, as everyone has been mentioning, there is no spf. So that's a big disappointment.....would I buy this product again? No, only because there are better products out there that are the same price or a few bucks extra. But I will continue to use it till the tube is empty.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

The shade matched perfectly, but it sank in lines under my eyes & on my forhead. It made my face look chalky and powdery and very dry. Its not at all moisturizing. No SPF. What kind of BB cream dosent have SPF? -_-

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by emmako

Another weak copy of the Korean BB creams. Bad coverage no skin benefits.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i probably wouldn't buy this again, because there are better products out there, but hey, i'd try anything once, including a cheap drugstore bb cream. for what it is and how MUCH it is, i think it's pretty darn good! i'm about an nw25/bb warm beige 3.5 and the "light" shade blended in seamlessly. it had cool undertones. it comes out a white-grey grainy liquid and when rubbed into the skin magically turns flesh-toned. it actually stays on most of the day and my oily skin doesn't get any greasier than usual. i needed 2 layers. obviously this product is more of a light foundation than a bb cream as it doesn't have any skin benefits... including no spf!!!! wth??? recommend to someone looking for a cheap light foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Zo78910

It was ok it really didn't do much it blended in too my skin perfectly I got medium it was orangish but didn't look like that on my skin ithink it wore off but I would try a different bb cream wasn't amazed

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Z67

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought this today, and I had high hopes that it would really match my skin tone- fair/pale. I looked up many swatches and convinced myself that this will work with me, but after applying it I saw the same shade that always plagues us fair/pale skinned beauties; ORANGE. Why did it oxidize?! I wanted to love this so much and finally find a BB cream for me, but that's over. Since it's so soft and silky on my face, could I use this as a primer and then mask it with foundation or powder and try to even it out? Maybe, but I know for sure that I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by lexylynn

I wear Lancome's Teint Miracle almost everyday, not because I have awful skin, but because I just enjoy makeup and I really do like wearing it. Recently though, I've run into a bit of an eczema problem on my face. I put my Lancome on and my MAC pro long wear concealer and it covers it pretty well, but both tend to show the dry patches in this one classroom at my school that has the absolute worst lighting possible lol. So I went to the drugstore right after that class to pick up a light "foundation"that had decent coverage and a new concealer meant for really dry skin (this weather has been my worst enemy as of late... bout 19 degrees in NY).

I walked out with this BB Cream. I saw like 4 or 5 shades there, and I picked up the second to lightest shade, the shade "Light" (I am NC15 in MAC foundations). I got it home and here's the deal:

Shade: Terrible for me. The reason I returned it. For the second to lightest shade, let me tell you, this turned out pretty dark and orange looking. It comes out white and is supposed to adjust to your skin color, but I don't really buy any of that. The pigment is obviously in those little beads, and just pops out when you break them by rubbing it on your skin.

Finish- Pretty matte to me and not bad coverage either. I would say light to medium. I was actually pretty impressed with the finish and coverage of it. Definitely more coverage than a TM offers, closer to a light foundation in my opinion.

Price- It cost me like 12 bucks. Not so bad. L'Oreal is, typically, one of the more expensive drugstore brands so I knew the price would be somewhere in that neighborhood.

Packaging- Comes in a squeeze tube, that or a pump is what I prefer so no complaints there.

Overall, I wouldn't buy it again because I don't think that "fair" would match me correctly and "light" obviously didn't. It wasn't really that great a product for me, personally, because even if I could find a proper shade, I prefer and natural or dewy finish and this didn't do that for me.