December 20, 2014 | 1065 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by pinkcandydesigns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have large pores. This makeup pooled into them and made them even more obvious. If you are thinking of trying this, don't if you have any acne scarring or deep pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I needed a new foundation because Autumn is here, and my summer tan was fading and it was quite obvious.
I tried so hard to use my other foundations from summer, to use them up, but they simply did not match my neck and made me look weird. So I decided to go with an old favorite, TrueMatch, because they've got excellent color selection and even if you get a shade thats slightly off, the makeup is so super-blendable that you'll be OK.
I watched many video reviews and read many reviews on the True Match LUMI and really wanted to try this out because A) - I have dry skin, and its only going to get worse as the colder weather approaches, and B) I hate having dull looking skin and I often use skin brightening products, so the "LUMI" in this interested me.
I bought it yesterday at my local wal-mart and I was surprised that it cost me a little over $11 dollars. I used it this morning before going into work, and I like the way it applies. It is very light weight, and kind of watery, but it has good coverage for its consistency. It does give you a dewy glow, but I found it wasn't overbearing and did not look overly greasy or oily on me. I did not set it with a powder because I really wanted to put it to the test. Without a powder I noticed it begins to break down after about 3 hours of wear. I am hoping to purchase the Physicians Formula Airbrushed pressed powder to set this foundation with so it'll last longer and look great.
Another thing that really made me run out and buy this, was that it contains ingredients that are healthy for the skin. 40% more water for all day hydration, antioxidants and vitamins C & E for "Improved clarity and skin tone." And on their website 80% of women saw visibly improved skin within the first week, and after 1 month, skin was clearer, healthier and more luminous.

This totally reminded me of the neutrogena "healthy skin" liquid makeup, which also contained antioxidants and claimed to visibly improve skins luminosity, tone and texture with more use of it. I noticed a difference in my skin after using the neutrogena but discontinued the usage because that foundation transferred like no other and I was let down by its staying power.
Overall, I think the L'oreal TrueMatch Lumi is going to be a hit for me, my holy grail foundation for fall 2012. It does not cling to dry patches, it glides over dry skin and blemishes, very creamy despite the liquidy-ness consistency. But its staying power is a bit weaker than the original TrueMatch, in my opinion. Nothing some powder can't fix, though.
I did hear a rumor that it is NOT in L'oreal's permanent line though? Is this true? :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Skin: NC40. Shade Purchased: W6. Result: Decent match, a little too dark and orange. I test drove this foundation at first for 2 hours in the house just watching tv and I liked it. I washed it off and looked forward to wearing it the next day to work. The next day, I applied this foundation and by noon, my skin started to become very itchy. I was too busy to look into the mirror and didn't until around 2pm. I was in shock. I had a bunch of big red itchy hives all over my face. Plus, I looked like an oil slick and half of the foundation melted off making me look blotchy. I thought immediately that this must have Bismuth Oxycloride in it. I made the mistake of not reading the ingredients first. When I went home, sure enough, it contains Bismuth. I will always get a reaction to this ingredient. Overall, this foundation does glide on smoothly and covers surface redness good. It doesn't cover under eye circles or blemishes that well. It does give a nice luminous finish however if you are oily, it will make you an oil slick after hours of wear. it isn't long lasting, it looks fresh and nice for only 3-4 hours. Coverage is sheer to light.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

**EDIT**...When I wrote this review, I was still on my honeymoon with this foundation. lol. I have noticed that the colors offered in this line mostly lean very yellow (even the cool tones). Also, the mid day oilies set in and oxidize it pretty harshly. I will not be repurchasing again. ***Original sappy post** I really like this foundation. I was not expecting much in coverage because of the reviews I've read here on MUA. I think the color selection leaves a little bit to be desired but I found an almost perfect perfect match in Warm Golden.
Lumi goes on like a dream. Very smooth and easily blended. The coverage for me is Medium/Full. I expected my face to be a shiny mess by mid-day but I can honestly say it looks just as fresh by 3 pm as it does when I apply it at 6 am. The finish is gorgeous. It's more of a satin finish instead of a dewy finish.
This is definitely one of the best DS foundations I have ever used. Will repurchase for sure. I'm hoping I can find a paler color-match for my winter complexion.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by nsr

I was in the market for a new foundation and I bought this with a coupon..I have a harder time finding the right shade than the right formula....love the color of this ( I bough C3) but that is all...I am 52 and the "dewey" finish makes me look sweaty...really not a natural finish for someone my age....also if you have any hint of an oiliness in your skin...this is not for you..i tested it just wearing it around the house and it was like an oil slick...and my skin is what I would call normal...i gave it a 3 only because I liked the shade

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by chodge7802

I was suckered into buying this because it was new and the bottle was very pretty. I was looking for a new foundation because the Covergirl oil control just wasn't doing it for me. I saw this, read the reviews, and decided I had to try it.
It's one of the more expsensive drugstore foundations. I got mine for about $12 at Target. The foundation itself I'd say was a medium coverage. I have some hyperpigmentation, and to cover it I had to use a second layer just over that, and then concealer.
It had a very nice look to it...for a minute. I have combination skin, that has been super oily the past month. This made it so much worse. I know, I know, luminous finish makeup tends to do that. But I always have high hopes for new makeup.
If you have oily skin, stay away! I had to put powder on and oil blot several times a day, during my 10 hour day.
If you're not as oily as I am, I think this would work great, and be very beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gooooood stuffff:) I've been on the hunt for a good drugstore foundation and luckily I gave this a try:) I thought I would need more coverage that this foundation had, but it turns out this stuff works like a charm! I bought it so that it would give my skina nice healthy glow instead of looking pale and dead ( I'm shade n1-2). It does make my skin luminous, but not too much. Itt's more of a dewy/natural look. The coverage is fairly light, but buildable. It blends like a dream and stays on forevverrr! Even throughout my workouts!!! I wouldnt buy this if you have oily skin. I have dry skin, but if I put on too much moisturizer before the foundation, by the end of the day im a shiny mess. Also, it improves your skin!! like, literally. I didn't even know it was advertised for evening skin tone, I just noticed that breakouts were going away and I didn't need so much foundation. Then I saw an add in a magazine that said it evens tone and gives a luminous look. Who even knew!! It really has improved my skin!! I'm totally into the whole antioxidant thing that this foundation supposidely has. It's the best drugstore foundation i've found so far!!! Will buy again:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by glitterbox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this so far! I've been on the hunt for a good dewy foundation for my dry skin lately, so I purchased 3 foundations that claim to give a dewy finish. The other two were Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer and Diorskin Nude. I almost didn't buy the True Match Lumi because I generally don't like drug store foundations and find that you get what you pay for, but when I came across this on sale I decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did, because of the 3 so-called dewy foundations I tried, this is definitely the one that delivers most on the dewiness. Unlike the other two, I don't have to use a liquid or powder illuminator over top of the True Match Lumi to achieve a dewy look. The foundation itself is sufficiently dewy that I can just apply the foundation, give a spritz of setting spray, and be done. For my dry skin, I consider this quite an achievement! The coverage could be a bit heavier for me - it's light to medium, I would say, and it doesn't totally cover up my very red cheeks or pimples - concealer is still needed. I love the hygienic pump packaging, and the colour match (I bought N1-2) is perfect for my pale skin. And at $21 CAD, the price is definitely right compared to the more expensive foundations I usually use. Assuming it continues to do well for me (if not, I'll update my review), I will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Iwantcoffee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I quite like this product, but I am from a semi-arid climate and I use retinol creams, meaning that with my naturally dry skin, I need a foundation that is moisturizing and has a decent sunscreen! The product is reasonably priced, glides on easily and evenly, and gives me decent, build-able coverage.I found that it must be worn without powder, as it's very powder-resistant and will cake rather than take! Also, it is definitely a product meant for normal to dry skin. I have a warm skin tone, and the shade I have is a perfect match. It evens me out and leaves my skin looking dewy and glowing! I will certainly repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 More reviews by alijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a light foundation to use
'where needed" and since I hate foundation, thought I'd try a drugstore brand for starters. I am sensitive to any fragrance so the fact there's no frangrance in this is a plus and there's a wide range of shades but- that's the only goods that worked for me. Within an hour my face was an oil slick...especially my nose!! Not for anyone with oily skin...