February 1, 2015 | 2122 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by hotmess

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Needed an everyday foundation that gave me good coverage, yet not heavy. This is a great option for me. I am now able to save my Lancôme foundation for weekends and going out. I highly recommend this foundation. Use a foundation brush to apply cuz a little goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by malco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Highlighted all my flakes. Returned.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by franchen

I was disappointed because there is no shade in between W1 and W2 although it said it's "true match". W1 was a little to light for me and W2 was way to dark but I got the W1 anyways. I like the natural finish of this foundation. But I hate the way it sits on top of my face and doesn't blend well. It makes me oily through out the day as well.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

i've recently switched over to loose mineral makeup but in the cooler months my skin plays games with me and turns combo/dry instead of combo/oily.

i also feel like my skin loses all luminosity during the colder months and I'm not really for highlighting so I thought this luminizing foundation would do the trick.

I got W3 and it works for my NC25/30 skintone. The formulation is thin and glides on very nicely, blending into my skin naturally and evenly. I use 3 pumps for my entire face. I really like the light coverage it provides although I'm not how much luminizing is really going on. I top this with a light application of Cargo Blu-Powder and my skin stays relatively oily free for about 3 hours, then I have to blot.

I've noticed that this starts to break down after about 6/6.5 hours of wear, which isn't too bad for a light coverage foundation.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this, but in general I really like l'Oreal foundations anyway (except the original True Match).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by sammyleighox

I enjoy this product a lot. While it may not give the full coverage most would look for in a foundation, I find it light and blends easily into my skin. It doesn't leave me feeling oily, and it doesn't take much to give a clean look, which means my bottle will (hopefully) last much longer. I like it, I give it two thumbs up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Telly90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So for reference I am a MAC NC30-35. I picked up W5 Sand Beige and W6 Sun Beige because it was a BOGO 1/2 off and with the changing seasons I thought it would be nice to have two shades to mix together. It has an SPF of 20. The foundation blends smoothly with the Ecotools Buffing Brush.

The wear of the foundation is pretty decent. I put this on at 10:30am and by 7pm I could still see it lasting on my face. It did fade on my cheeks but that was also in part of me leaning on my hands.

Now for the bad news... I have dry skin and I found that throughout the day I became shiny and greasy. I seriously never get oily so I know it's not me. I could just tell that the natural dewiness I get when I first put this on becomes a greaseball as the day progressed. It's the strangest thing ever. I set my foundation with UD All Nighter Setting Spray. I never use powder because it clings to my flaky areas, but I just might have to in order to combat the greasiness I get as I wear this foundation.

So as a recap, the color match is nice, the coverage is good for me, and the lasting power is pretty good. However the greasy feeling I get with this foundation is not my cup of tea. I'm thinking that this would be good for winter time because the oil/shine I get can bring moisture to my skin. All in all, this is an okay foundation. I'll keeping testing it throughout the seasons to find the best time to wear it.

***Just to compare to the Neutrogena Health Skin Liquid Makeup. I wear Natural Beige 60 and it's just a tad lighter than Loreal's W5 Sand Beige. They both are supposed to give you a "natural dewy" look. I feel that Neutrogena really looks like skin. However, I'm stuck with one shade because if I go any darker in the Neutrogena Line I'll look weird because they have pink and gray undertones. Neutrogena also doesn't come with a pump. Which makes Loreal's pump a plus. Although Loreal blends smoothly I can still tell that there's foundation on my skin. I'd personally go with Neutrogena. If you have one, you don't really need the other.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this in a shade that is maybe 2 shades too dark so that I can mix it with my other foundations that are too light for me but still love the finish of. I usually mix this foundation with other foundations that are long lasting and more of a matte finish. I think the mixture of those two are just amazing! on it's own, i may not use it too often bc i feel it would slip off my face, however if you want a dewy finish and if you want something like the revlon photoready but without the shimmer, than this is it! it does provide great luminosity with no shimmer ! Also if you like revlon colorstay but want something a bit thinner and something that glides on, mix this with it! its great

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This is my favorite drugstore foundation so far. This is a light to medium foundation that matches my skin perfect. I use 2 pumps with a Real Techniques stippling brush. There is a luminosity to it with no sparkles. I still need to use concealer. I do set it with my Chanel powder and it is lasting most of the day. Perfect for normal to dry skin. Will buy this again.

W4 is great!! Warning W3 is more peach than yellow, does not work for me. I guess I can't use when I'm more fair.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Melindahaney25

I bought this product on a "whim" and I'm glad I did!! I love the way it makes my skin look. I get airbrush tans and I had nothing but compliments on how my skin looked! I do use a powder on my nose cause I have combo skin. I have always had issues with finding a foundation. I would start out liking it but then something would change. I have never been really for using "drug store" foundations but none of the high end products did it for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by amycakes

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this product anticipating a luminous, glowy finish. However, it felt runny and dry going on, kind of like acrylic paint...and it looked like a death mask covering my skin. The color match wasn't bad. I have a light/medium neutral to cool olive tone, and N4 was good for that. But, the worst was it gave me a huge, cystic acne pimple! I used to have bad acne when younger, but my skin turned dry due to age, and I haven't had even one pimple in many years.

I'm not sensitive to bismuth oxychloride, titanium dioxide, or silicones. That's what's strange. I'd highly advise women with acne issues not to even try this. It's not worth the risk when there are so many other choices out there.