November 29, 2014 | 1010 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by chodge7802

I was suckered into buying this because it was new and the bottle was very pretty. I was looking for a new foundation because the Covergirl oil control just wasn't doing it for me. I saw this, read the reviews, and decided I had to try it.
It's one of the more expsensive drugstore foundations. I got mine for about $12 at Target. The foundation itself I'd say was a medium coverage. I have some hyperpigmentation, and to cover it I had to use a second layer just over that, and then concealer.
It had a very nice look to it...for a minute. I have combination skin, that has been super oily the past month. This made it so much worse. I know, I know, luminous finish makeup tends to do that. But I always have high hopes for new makeup.
If you have oily skin, stay away! I had to put powder on and oil blot several times a day, during my 10 hour day.
If you're not as oily as I am, I think this would work great, and be very beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gooooood stuffff:) I've been on the hunt for a good drugstore foundation and luckily I gave this a try:) I thought I would need more coverage that this foundation had, but it turns out this stuff works like a charm! I bought it so that it would give my skina nice healthy glow instead of looking pale and dead ( I'm shade n1-2). It does make my skin luminous, but not too much. Itt's more of a dewy/natural look. The coverage is fairly light, but buildable. It blends like a dream and stays on forevverrr! Even throughout my workouts!!! I wouldnt buy this if you have oily skin. I have dry skin, but if I put on too much moisturizer before the foundation, by the end of the day im a shiny mess. Also, it improves your skin!! like, literally. I didn't even know it was advertised for evening skin tone, I just noticed that breakouts were going away and I didn't need so much foundation. Then I saw an add in a magazine that said it evens tone and gives a luminous look. Who even knew!! It really has improved my skin!! I'm totally into the whole antioxidant thing that this foundation supposidely has. It's the best drugstore foundation i've found so far!!! Will buy again:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by glitterbox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this so far! I've been on the hunt for a good dewy foundation for my dry skin lately, so I purchased 3 foundations that claim to give a dewy finish. The other two were Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer and Diorskin Nude. I almost didn't buy the True Match Lumi because I generally don't like drug store foundations and find that you get what you pay for, but when I came across this on sale I decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did, because of the 3 so-called dewy foundations I tried, this is definitely the one that delivers most on the dewiness. Unlike the other two, I don't have to use a liquid or powder illuminator over top of the True Match Lumi to achieve a dewy look. The foundation itself is sufficiently dewy that I can just apply the foundation, give a spritz of setting spray, and be done. For my dry skin, I consider this quite an achievement! The coverage could be a bit heavier for me - it's light to medium, I would say, and it doesn't totally cover up my very red cheeks or pimples - concealer is still needed. I love the hygienic pump packaging, and the colour match (I bought N1-2) is perfect for my pale skin. And at $21 CAD, the price is definitely right compared to the more expensive foundations I usually use. Assuming it continues to do well for me (if not, I'll update my review), I will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Iwantcoffee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I quite like this product, but I am from a semi-arid climate and I use retinol creams, meaning that with my naturally dry skin, I need a foundation that is moisturizing and has a decent sunscreen! The product is reasonably priced, glides on easily and evenly, and gives me decent, build-able coverage.I found that it must be worn without powder, as it's very powder-resistant and will cake rather than take! Also, it is definitely a product meant for normal to dry skin. I have a warm skin tone, and the shade I have is a perfect match. It evens me out and leaves my skin looking dewy and glowing! I will certainly repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 More reviews by alijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a light foundation to use
'where needed" and since I hate foundation, thought I'd try a drugstore brand for starters. I am sensitive to any fragrance so the fact there's no frangrance in this is a plus and there's a wide range of shades but- that's the only goods that worked for me. Within an hour my face was an oil slick...especially my nose!! Not for anyone with oily skin...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First application looks nice, but after a couple of hours the color seemed to morph into a different shade. I have never had that happen before with other foundations, and it seemed to highlight my pores much more. The worst part is that I had to get my picture taken for something and I was shocked at how terrible it looks in photographs. It could work for young almost flawless skin that doesn't need their picture taken. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this makeup. It truly does give a luminous glow. I have no complaints. I almost never repeat buy but I will buy this again.
I will say this - I have dry skin and this works wonderfully; however if you have oily skin this probably is too much moisture for those with oily skin. This is as good -- or better - as any high end foundation that I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really wanted to like this one. Good pump container, natural-looking light coverage, decent selection of shades (though there should be one between the lightest and second-lightest warm shade). As the day goes on, however, I notice some mild flaking on my cheeks and forehead, and that spells irritation. It would probably be my HG foundation if not for the offending ingredient.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by als14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It evened out my skin tone and gave me a dewy 'luminous' glow. Light coverage but buildable. Colour selection is great. I have sensitive skin and it has not caused any breakouts or irritation. Lastly I LOVE the packaging. It comes with a pump!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by saddle57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mature, dry skin, and this product made me have an oil slick on my face in about an hour. I must say it went on nice, blended well, but just went south soon after. You better stay away from this one if you have very oily skin to begin with. I did not use a setting powder, because they usually cake up on me. Powders also settle in my lines. I returned it.