L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 12/24/2012 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

On first application I loved the way this foundation applied. It was easy to blend, gave me a natural finish, a little expensive for a drugstore foundation but if it was HG I'd be okay with that. However, this won't stay on my face for more than a few hours. If I was going out for only an hour or two without too much activity, for example going to church, then yes this would brighten me up and make me look very nice as I would get compliments. After maybe about 3 or 4 hours the foundation would start to look cakeyish. Not too noticeable but I could see so around my nose and the middle of my forehead and on top of certain acne prone areas. I do have oily skin so this probably wasn't the best choice I've made in foundations, but I've found that in the winter when my skin dried up it still doesn't have the lasting power I thought it would. This foundation does match perfectly in the winter time (shade W5). I love it has a pump, sanitary and easy to get out of bottle. I bought it specifically for winter time as an every day foundation that matched when I would get lighter. So far I'm going to use it all up and then I will be trying something else. MY drugstore HG is revlon colorstay but maybe I'll try something else, but no more lumi foundations for me as I think my skin needs something more oil controlling.

on 12/24/2012 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily and acne pron skin an one day I was running in a store while I was in desperate need of foundation and this was the only one available. I was a bit hesitant because of the whole Lumi thing. Once I tried it I fall in love with it! Super easy to blend and with a very natural finish. Plus, there is a good range of shades and I was able to find a perfect match. The coverage isn't too much, you will need some concealer to cover spots entirely but I personally don't do that and it still looks OK. It lasts the whole day. I powder everytime but I once tried to not and by the end of the day it looked quite good just a bit too oily on my forehead.
Overall I think that you should give it a go!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've been using the regular True Match in W7 for 8 years, so I decided to try True Match Lumi to see if it was an even better version of the original. This foundation has more silicones, which usually break me out, but for some reason Lumi didn't break me out at all. It goes on smoother and creamier than the regular True Match and leaves me looking "airbrushed". I like the formula better because it doesn't fade as much over the course of the day. The only problem I have with Lumi is that the shades are different and the warm tones still look kind of ashy pink. I used W6, Sun Beige, and it's ok during the winter when my skin is lighter, but I need a darker tone for when I'm tan. I've had to mix it with some of the regular formula in W7 to get the right color.

I hope L'Oreal creates more shades soon- I love this foundation! I've had so many compliments on my skin since I started using this (and I don't have great skin- I'm extremely oily and acne-prone)!

If you're lucky enough to find an exact shade match for your skintone, definitely try this foundation!

on 12/15/2012 4:11:00 PM

It's a very lightweight foundation.If ur looking for coverage then this is not for u.

on 12/14/2012 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Let me just get what stands out in my mind about this foundation out on the table first: it made my face look shiny. I have really dry skin and i love a dewier look, but this is not dewy on me. i like a lit-from-within-glow, not a grease-ball face. returned.

on 12/14/2012 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this foundation, I really did. Yes, it is beautifully luminescent. Yes the packaging is adorable *and handy - with the pump & all*. But it fell short with me. I have normal skin with dry spots (corrected before application with moisturizer), and no acne. My skin has slight discolorations of pink on my cheeks that are easily covered by foundation alone. I have the foundation in C3 (I am Revlon ColorStay #180 Sand Beige to-a-tee) and applied 2 and a half pumps of foundation (runny, light consistency) with a dampened face brush, it spread out so easily that it was like I was wearing a tinted moisturizer. On the areas without any discolorations, it applied evenly and gave my skin a glowing look. However, on my nose, cheeks, and chin, you could still very obviously see the pink tones underneath. So I applied the remainder of the foundation left over on my hand with a cosmetic sponge. With some finesse I finagled the foundation to get more coverage. I generally let my foundation dry for about 15 minutes while I do my eye makeup, then when I'm done I set it with a powder (MSF Natural in Medium Plus) with a large kabuki in a VERY light patting motion. And whattayaknow, the pink came back after drying completely. I will say, the finish however, is quite nice if you don't need a full coverage foundation. The luminous finish is subtle (no glitter) and flattering in the winter months. The staying power isn't all that great; pack a powder to bring with you if you plan to wear it all day.
Overall, I don't want to bash this foundation for what it does not claim to be; it's not a full coverage foundation. I am a Revlon ColorStay & Kat Von D Lock It foundation LOVER; and this just ISN'T that type of foundation. I apply those foundations and leave the house feeling confident that when I return my face will look the same as it did when I left; I don't even think about bringing a powder with me. This one keeps me guessing, if it rains will my face slide off? (I live in Seattle --- this is a valid fear)
I will continue to use this foundation on days when I don't want full coverage (hardly ever...unless I'm going to the gas station or taking out the trash), and when I go to the gym. It's very light & comfortable feeling, but it just ain't my cup of tea!

on 12/10/2012 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I think I bought a shade to dark for me, but I mix it with my skin 79 bb cream and it seems to work well. It is medium to full coverage, and has a natural luminous finish. I think combination skin could use this, but oily skin may not enjoy the dewiness. It depends on the finish you like. Personally, my skin is more normal-dry so I really love this on days where I need an extra oomph to my complexion. The pump is also awesome, I wish that more drugstore foundations would come with a pump! My only critique is that the I'm not a huge fan of how l'oreal organizes their foundations. It confuses my brain, and even though I'm not warm toned or neutral toned, those seem to be the lightest, while the supposedly "cool" shades are more designed for darker skin. I have cool, blueish-pink based skin so I thought the cool shade might be more flattering but it turned out to be too dark. Oh well, once I finish it, I will pick up the lightest warm shade! :)

on 12/8/2012 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a nice foundation with some outstanding qualities. First, the fact that this has a pump is a HUGE step up from most drugstore foundations. Second, the color selection is fantastic, with Sun Beige matching my skin tone (NC42) better than any other foundation I own (except for my Illamasqua Skin Base foundation).

However, there are also some less than outstanding qualities in this, such as the lasting power and the coverage. The coverage isn't bad, but if you're looking for full-coverage, this may not be for you (it gives a solid medium coverage, with a decent ability to hide blemishes). The lasting power is also somewhat poor, as the directions even state to "reapply every two hours" (I personally don't do this--I'll reapply once, maybe twice throughout the day). I enjoy the dewy finish this leaves on my skin, but the moisturizing properties of this leave me with a pretty oily t-zone by the end of the day due to my combination skin.

I find myself reaching for this foundation when I'm planning a more laid-back day since it's easy to use with the pump, matches my skin well so I don't have to do too much as far as contouring and concealing, and leaves a natural dewy finish. While this hasn't reached HG by any means, it's still a reliable and affordable product that I'm happy to have in my collection now and again.

on 12/1/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

For $14, this is a steal. It is an excellent light to medium coverage foundation. It is as good as the Lancome, Guerlaine fdn. that charged up to 6 times as much.
But I doubt the marketing strategy of L'Oreal, because I find this is quite the same as 2 versions of fdn, in the Visible Lift line, the one that comes with a brush and the other just in pump. It just makes suckers like us to buy more, yes, more of the same stuff but with a different name & package.
I picked N5 and it matches my NC3-35, NW25 (good skin days) quite good. There is no lumi quality, just a satin matte finish, I guess its because my face is dry as it sucks up the moisture from the fdn, leaving no dewiness behind, even though I always moistured well beforehand.

on 11/28/2012 4:40:00 PM

I love the regular TM foundation, so I bought a bottle of this along with the regular on a BOGO 50% off at Walgreens. I love the soft texture and the dewier finish. It's not as matte and the coverage isn't as heavy as the original, but it would be good for summer or lighter makeup days.