L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Im nc30-35 right now and I'm
In between w3 and w4. Gorgeous finish; gives a nice glow to the face without looking crazy shiny. Only problem is I have oily skin so within couple hours, my face looked like a shiny mess. I always use a matte primer, powder and setting spray and this foundation still didn't work for me. Love the packaging; it's rare to see drugstore foundations with pumps. Such a shame because this foundation really is awesome, just not for me. Wouldn't repurchase again.

on 3/5/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used this for the first time today. My skin is pretty normal, not dry, not oily. I did use the Lumi primer under this foundation. It only took like half a pump for my whole face. I wanted a light layer and I used my fingers to apply. The finish was barely "lumi" but it did even out my skin. When you pump it out, you can see it has a sheen to it, but no sparkles. I'm pretty indifferent with this product. I feel like I can use any foundation with the Lumi primer underneath and achieve the same effect. (If you want a sheen and/or satin finish to your foundation, I'd suggest buying the primer.) I didn't need to set it with any powder, and it stayed all day. Would not repurchase because it's really no different than any other foundation.

on 3/5/2013 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

If you want to find your correct color, use the guide at the L'Oreal display, (found at most stores). To use: ensure that your inner wrist and face/neck are generally the same shade. Pull the card out and hold it about 3 inches above you wrist. View your wrist through the card. There are little translucent windows in lots of skin tones. The tone that best seems to "disappear" over your wrist is your color match. ;) Trust your eyes! I would have bought 3 shades too dark for my skin if I hadn't used this device, cause what the bottle looks like is NOT a fail-proof method. If you have a lot of redness in your face, like acne/rosacea or uneven skin tone, (most everyone!), this color selector is a great tool. Most retailers will let you return/ exchange if it doesn't work for you.

That being said, I LOVE this! I get a lil oily in my t zone in summer, but I live in the desert and am mid-30s, so my skin acts "normal" overall. Set this with a light dusting of True Match Powder, and it lasts me all day. Doesn't oxidize on my skin, and I only use powder on my t one once at lunch. Doesn't last as long as Color Stay, but it looks so flawless that I don't mind a 20 second touch up.

on 3/5/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I bought this foundation because I was struggling with the right shade and when I went to the drug store and saw that L'oreal has a very wide range of shades I got very excited. I went home and applied the foundation and for me it looked a little bit oily and it did not give me a great coverage. This particular foundation looks very natural so I'm guessing that is why it did not give me the coverage that I expected.
This foundation comes in a bottle with a pump and I found it really useful because you can get the product easily without making a mess. I honestly don't think that you can get a cakey look with this foundation due to its consistence. I do think however that it lasts too little and you have to apply the foundation after 5 hours again.
I probably will not be buying this product again because I am looking for a foundation that lasts longer, but if you have a normal or dry skin I think this foundation is great for you because it highlights your skin and it makes it look radiant, but if you have oily or combination skin type I dont recommend this foundation.

on 3/4/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After watching all the youtube raves about this foundation I really wanted to try it. I'm a MAC NC40-42 (winter-summer) with a lot of yellow undertones to my skin. Their color range in this didn't exactly match so that was the first problem.
The second was that even with my dry skin...I ended up looking greasy instead of glowy . :( everyone around me noticed the difference.
I loved the packaging...but the product inside just didn't deliver like I would have hoped. I returned it to target. Will not be purchasing again.

on 3/4/2013 12:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Two great things about this foundation...the pump is fantastic and the color range is outstanding. Otherwise, I'm not so fond of it. On my winter skin, I'm a NW20 in MAC. I bought the Neutral 1-2 in this foundation and it's a pretty good color match. However! It oxidizes in about an hour and after two hours it starts separating and smearing all over my face. I used the same moisturizer I use under all my foundations and don't usually have a problem. I won't be returning it, but would not repurchase. I'd say this is light to medium coverage. It does settle into pores and accentuates any dryness or fine lines you may have. For high end foundation, I'll stick to Kat Von D Lock It. For drugstore foundation, I'm going to keep using Revlon ColorStay.

EDIT: I still do not love this foundation. For some reason, it looks absolutely terrible around my nose area. I cannot get it to cover properly or stay put. What am I doing wrong?!

on 3/1/2013 8:57:00 AM

This foundation has saved me, after a terrible fight with acne I have had uneven and discolored spots , and this has been amazing. I'm no foundation expert but whenever I try other foundations (recently tried the new revlon naked) nothing compares to the loreal lumi. The consistency and coverage is perfect. The pump bottle is wonderful, and the color options are terrific! Would recommend this for people like me who don't like wearing foundation but have to (to cover up past marks and discoloration)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

If you have unblemished cool-toned skin, I think this would be a good product for you. It gives an even satin finish that is just barely dewy, not "I'm glistening and I want EVERYONE to know". I got Warm 6, which I thought based on internet research would be a good shade equivalent for MUFE HD 153, buuuuut. Side by side, the MUFE HD is like, high yalla, which I want (I'm sallow okay? Sallow with a bit of pink and golden brown PERFECTION) and the Lumi looks solidly beige. On my skin, it oxidizes quickly into an ashy cool orange (I didn't even know that was a thing...?) which makes me look gray instead of glow-y. I'm a bit disappointed that the warm color is actually cool, but I still like the light-medium coverage and spf 20 included, so I'll use it sparingly mixed with my MUFE 153 to make it last longer. Might have to give Mac foundations a try after all, and if they break me out, fuck it. That's what samples are for!

ETA (cleaned up language, haha): One caveat-this makeup, under pressed powder, does not last through "vigorous physical activity". Something to keep in mind.

on 2/25/2013 8:36:00 PM

I love this foundation, it applies like silk and does give a glow. I also found a perfect color match N5 which I am hard to match. Like others have said, this foundation's quality is high end department store.

But too many cons for me personally - It doesn't have the coverage I need for acne scaring and it makes my normal skin shine in a few hours and I'm trying to avoid powder to let my skin breath and not be cakey.

I just went through a skin care and makeup "cleanse" as I have been dealing with sever cystic acne. I am on prescription medication but I started taking a closer look at what I was putting on my face and reading ingredients. There must be something in the ingredients causing irritating my skin as after using this for a few days I'm getting breakouts - so unfortunately this is not for me.

If you have good skin and are not at all oily, this is a beautiful foundation. Great price, packaging and color selection.

on 2/22/2013 12:36:00 PM

I really like this foundation. I love the pump and it comes in a wide range of colors and has spf. I have dry skin, so I moisturize with MAC's Studio Moisture Cream and prime with MAC's BB cream before I apply my foundation and this combo makes my skin look flawless. I would definitely buy this again!