L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've mentioned in one of my previous posts about my venture into makeup and my mission to find the best products that fit me and my lifestyle. On one little day in March, I was walking through the aisles of my supermarket's beauty section (ha!) and stumbled upon L'Oreal's True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup stand, and was intrigued about a foundation that is light, makes your skin luminous and healthier over time.

The packaging is great. Very sleek and attractive. I love the fact it's a pump dispenser because it allows me to control how much I want, and at the same time remains very sanitary.

The line offers a multitude of shades for every colour, which was great as my skin colour tends to vary from season to season.

The formula is light, and a little runny, but it allows for an amazing, even application. I've tried to apply it with both my fingers and a foundation brush, and I find that using the brush to be a better feat as I used less. The coverage is light to medium, hides my redness and imperfections, but at the same time, does not make me look to covered up. I found I needed less concealer under my eyes to hide my dark circles as this foundation did just the trick.

I found I didn't have to reapply the formula or touch up my make-up in the 12 hours I had it on (which is surprising because of my oily skin).

I can't say that it improved my skin over time, but it didn't make me break out, which is thumbs up for me.

The price is fair (a little on the high end for a store brand) but worth it when compared to other brands that can rack up to the $40 + for a good foundation that does what it's supposed to do.

Overall, I am happy with this product and will continue to buy it (so as long as it remains in the market!).

For starters, I wear the color n1-2 soft ivory/classic ivory that suits my fair skin perfectly! I was pretty surprised when I saw how many negative reviews this foundation got, because I absolutley love it! I just finished an older bottle of true match- and it took me a while to use it all up because it wasn't my favorite. The color was a bit off and I absolutley HATE that it didnt come with a pump. I got the lumi because the color match was perfect for my skin, it has sunscreen (which is a huge plus, as it eliminates a step for me in the morning before putting on my makeup) and i love the bottle, the pump, and the durable cap that it comes with. I honestly dont know how anyone could have a problem finding their perfect shade... They come in every shade of every color, cool and warm tones for every shade- there was like 30 different colors to chose from. In addition, even if your color happens to be off just a tad (which seems highly unlikely), it blends so perfectly to the skin, it doesnt even look like your wearing anything at all. Another thing I loved about this foundation was the ease of how well it works with my combo skin. I have some dry skin, normal spots, and a semi-oily T zone- and this foundation works and LOOKS just as good on the dry/oily parts of my skin as the normal parts. It doesnt stick to the dry skin- and look flakey or scaley like other foundations tend to do. It doesnt slide off my oily T zone after a couple of hours like those same avarage foundations. I use a moisturizer and a primer under my foundation, and a bronzer, blush and setting powder in top... and everything holds all day, looks as beautiful at the end of the day as it did in the morning just after i applied it. Yes, it does have a 'luminous' look... and it made me look bright without looking shiny- like some of the others. Now, it was a tad expensive for a drug store foundation- I think I paid about $15 at Ulta, regular price. I thought it worked well, and I would absolutley buy it again.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Just bought this and used it once so far and im soooo in love with it!! My skin looks absolutely flawless, glowing, smooth, and just gorgeous. It doesnt feel cakey, just natural. I love my KvD lock it and BB creams, but this fdnt makes me look so much more healthy, glowing, and dewy. Its a buildable medium coverage and i use my sephora duo fibre stippling brush to leave a flawless airbrushed streakless look and then set with powder. Gorgeous! I will update again after usin
g it longer and see how my skin reacts with it. <3
Update: Still liking this foundation, but i use it with my KvD lock-it fdnt because this fdnt is a tad dark and I like a little more coverage. Leaves a dewy finish, and definently needs set with powder or will look oily.
Update: DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN. Gives very satin dewy finish that makes oily skin more oily. Is not matte so dont expect it to control your oil and leave negative reviews when it does. Not the purpose. Best for dry/combo skin. Kinda melts in humid weather but of course it will. Needs set. Medium coverage. I use occassionaly when my skin is looking better or my KvD lock it if my skin needs full coverage.

Here I am with my foundations again! This is wonderful for mature skin which is also dry - and a few wrinkles, too. The soft ivory/classic ivory was perfect for me.
I have a little method here that may save some of you that thinks this foundation is "too wet." I put this foundation over my Daywear Plus foundation. Now, here's the trick: I blot the foundation with a tissue just a bit, then stipple powder over it with a matching pressed powder. Voila! I have accomplished good coverage, line smoothing, and a joyful heart with this method.
I believe some of you may be using too much foundation and then not blotting. Powder will still let a dewy look shine through if you sort of lightly stipple it. For mature skin, this is so perfect. I would not use this if I had oily skin, though:)

AMAZING foundation!! If you want luminous dewy skin with the most natural finish, this is for you. It makes you glow but it doesn't have sparkles in it which I hate when foundations have sparkles. It has a good pump also. It has light coverage and doesn't cake at all. I'm having trouble finding anything better than this foundation

Good foundation since it gives you healthy glowing skin.
But it just makes my dry combo skin looking super greasy!
I was expecting better result from this..

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really happy with this dewy foundation on my maturing, normal skin. Easy to get a good color match. I chose C3 and it's seamless.
It applies rather wet before it sets, so there is plenty of time for blending. I got a good 8 hours out of it on my normal skin. I did use concealer under eyes and found the coverage to be medium to light. If youdon't need heavy coverage and like a dewy finish, you'll be able to work with this one.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've heard so much rave about this product on youtube. I'm more of a medium-full or buildable coverage person. This doesn't cover anything for me. I almost always have at least one blemish and don't want to cake my makeup to cover it up. It's glowy, but it doesn't stay on me for very long..and that's with a setting powder AND a setting spray. There's better.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It blends nicely with you skin color. At first it leaves your face looking and feeling wet and it doesn't really fully dry so you would have to set it with powder but that's a struggle. It does make your face look extremely flawless and it stay on the whole day without primer, looks more natural towards the end of the day. OH ! And It doesn't look dry or gets in your wrinkles as other foundations do and point your imperfections out ! It would be better if it were less dewy

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Well, I really liked the finish on this makeup. It does have the quality that some dept store foundations
have in luminosity and pigment. I did have to touchup after about 5 hours of wear, so I would not call this an all day foundation. Unfortunately after using this for a month it clogged just about every pore on my face and I broke me out so bad, I still recovering 3 months later. I know it was the foundation because I tied using it again and within hours had two cysts form on my chin area. I don't think it was a coincidence. I could just be allergic to some of the ingredients. My skin is combo but more on the drier side on my cheeks and sides of nose and oily on forehead and chin. If you have acne prone skin or get cysts, I would avoid this foundation completely.

IT;s the Cylops Silicone in this that destroyed my face. The stuff is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!