L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 3/14/2013 8:56:00 AM

This is an amazing foundation for the price. I absolutely love it and have been wearing it daily for months now but the color selection leaves a lot to be desired. I have medium (leaning towards the lighter side), olive combination skin. I wear N118 in MUFE HD and Warm Golden in CS Whipped, both are a great match for me. I have to mix the W1-2 and the W3 in the Lumi. W3 is a bit orange and dark but the mixture does the trick. I'd call this a medium coverage with a satin, almost dewy finish. It works well with both my Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Philosophy's The Present for me. It lasts all day with the primer and a spritz of the Elf setting spray. I almost like the finish of this better than my HG MUFE HD but I don't trust even the broad spectrum SPF for special occasions when pictures will be taken so I save my HD for that. I'll keep wearing this for every day but I hope that they'll come out with some better colors. W2 with no orangey undertone please!

on 3/12/2013 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I still love this foundation. I have never bought anything like it in the drugstore. But it makes my face look even and fresh. It does give you a dewy look, but it looks okay if you apply powder (I like the L'Oreal TrueMatch powder too). I am color C3--medium skintone with yellow undertones. Highly reccommend

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I would give this product about 4 stars if it were marketed as a tinted moisturizer. In terms of being a BB cream, I think it really falls quite short. It offers light coverage, and the finish is really glowy and dewy. I don't dislike this product because as a tinted moisturizer it does work quite well. The shade range could use a bit of improvement because some of the shades run a little dark.

on 3/8/2013 4:58:00 PM

I orginally wanted to get the YSL foundation which this is a dupp for, This foundation is pretty good quality for drugstore foundation. I wouldnt reccomend it for combo-oily skin though. The wear time is about 6 hours then it starts to look too shiny. It does leave a natural dewy looking finish which is the look i was going for. The color selection is also pretty good and very blendable.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Im nc30-35 right now and I'm
In between w3 and w4. Gorgeous finish; gives a nice glow to the face without looking crazy shiny. Only problem is I have oily skin so within couple hours, my face looked like a shiny mess. I always use a matte primer, powder and setting spray and this foundation still didn't work for me. Love the packaging; it's rare to see drugstore foundations with pumps. Such a shame because this foundation really is awesome, just not for me. Wouldn't repurchase again.

on 3/5/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used this for the first time today. My skin is pretty normal, not dry, not oily. I did use the Lumi primer under this foundation. It only took like half a pump for my whole face. I wanted a light layer and I used my fingers to apply. The finish was barely "lumi" but it did even out my skin. When you pump it out, you can see it has a sheen to it, but no sparkles. I'm pretty indifferent with this product. I feel like I can use any foundation with the Lumi primer underneath and achieve the same effect. (If you want a sheen and/or satin finish to your foundation, I'd suggest buying the primer.) I didn't need to set it with any powder, and it stayed all day. Would not repurchase because it's really no different than any other foundation.

on 3/5/2013 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

If you want to find your correct color, use the guide at the L'Oreal display, (found at most stores). To use: ensure that your inner wrist and face/neck are generally the same shade. Pull the card out and hold it about 3 inches above you wrist. View your wrist through the card. There are little translucent windows in lots of skin tones. The tone that best seems to "disappear" over your wrist is your color match. ;) Trust your eyes! I would have bought 3 shades too dark for my skin if I hadn't used this device, cause what the bottle looks like is NOT a fail-proof method. If you have a lot of redness in your face, like acne/rosacea or uneven skin tone, (most everyone!), this color selector is a great tool. Most retailers will let you return/ exchange if it doesn't work for you.

That being said, I LOVE this! I get a lil oily in my t zone in summer, but I live in the desert and am mid-30s, so my skin acts "normal" overall. Set this with a light dusting of True Match Powder, and it lasts me all day. Doesn't oxidize on my skin, and I only use powder on my t one once at lunch. Doesn't last as long as Color Stay, but it looks so flawless that I don't mind a 20 second touch up.

on 3/5/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I bought this foundation because I was struggling with the right shade and when I went to the drug store and saw that L'oreal has a very wide range of shades I got very excited. I went home and applied the foundation and for me it looked a little bit oily and it did not give me a great coverage. This particular foundation looks very natural so I'm guessing that is why it did not give me the coverage that I expected.
This foundation comes in a bottle with a pump and I found it really useful because you can get the product easily without making a mess. I honestly don't think that you can get a cakey look with this foundation due to its consistence. I do think however that it lasts too little and you have to apply the foundation after 5 hours again.
I probably will not be buying this product again because I am looking for a foundation that lasts longer, but if you have a normal or dry skin I think this foundation is great for you because it highlights your skin and it makes it look radiant, but if you have oily or combination skin type I dont recommend this foundation.

on 3/4/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After watching all the youtube raves about this foundation I really wanted to try it. I'm a MAC NC40-42 (winter-summer) with a lot of yellow undertones to my skin. Their color range in this didn't exactly match so that was the first problem.
The second was that even with my dry skin...I ended up looking greasy instead of glowy . :( everyone around me noticed the difference.
I loved the packaging...but the product inside just didn't deliver like I would have hoped. I returned it to target. Will not be purchasing again.

on 3/4/2013 12:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Two great things about this foundation...the pump is fantastic and the color range is outstanding. Otherwise, I'm not so fond of it. On my winter skin, I'm a NW20 in MAC. I bought the Neutral 1-2 in this foundation and it's a pretty good color match. However! It oxidizes in about an hour and after two hours it starts separating and smearing all over my face. I used the same moisturizer I use under all my foundations and don't usually have a problem. I won't be returning it, but would not repurchase. I'd say this is light to medium coverage. It does settle into pores and accentuates any dryness or fine lines you may have. For high end foundation, I'll stick to Kat Von D Lock It. For drugstore foundation, I'm going to keep using Revlon ColorStay.

EDIT: I still do not love this foundation. For some reason, it looks absolutely terrible around my nose area. I cannot get it to cover properly or stay put. What am I doing wrong?!