July 28, 2014 | 1001 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is exquisite! Can't feel it on at all ! Gives light coverage and a glowy finish. Definitely not for oily skin cause this has little oil control. It is a godsend for dry skin because it is so moisturizing and doesn't highlight dryness!! Every foundation highlights my dry skin! W1-2 matches my NC10-15 skin alright. Can't believe I finally found a foundation pale enough for me at the drugstore! Only gripe is that its not transfer resistant :( the bottle is gorgeous though!

UPDATE: It is too peachy toned for my yellow beige skin..... Can't wear this...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by PinkAnya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, let's state that i have an oily, acne-prone, NC15 skin.
I bought this foundation in the lightest shade (of course), but i was still a bit dark for me. The foundation has a greyish finish, which was surprising.
The texture is lightweight but doesn't blend easily.
The smell is very present, so be careful if you are allergic to scented foundations!
The coverage is very light, it have tried BB crams with more coverage. You will need a concealer on top of it if you have problem areas.
The worst thing is that it makes you look oily an hour after you put it on your skin. Even with a setting powder, you will look greasy if you have a combination/oily skin.
Overall: not impressed with this foundation and i don't recommend it for girls with a combination/oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was $12 or $13 at walmart. I found it pretty difficult to blend. Just found myself giving up and dealing with a streaky finish. Because of the dewy effect, trying to set it with a powder just made it look worse. Within an hour my face felt so extremely greasy I couldn't wait to take it off. My skin isn't oily to begin with either. As far as coverage goes, I wasn't that impressed. I'm not throwing it away just yet because it is summer so it has that working against it. As far as good things, it is a pump foundation and the color match was good. Most importantly, for me anyways, it didn't cause me to break out.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by fawn001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My color is W1-2 and the match was good. However, I dont really like this foundation. It has too much slip for my taste. I prefer a foundation that is not silicone based because silicone foundations do not set. I had to set it with powder and it grabbed (and needed) a lot because of its dewy finish. The coverage was light and was not buildable. It did not cover the redness on my cheeks, which I needed to add concealer. This left my skin feeling greasy all day. Still have not come up with a foundation that can compete with my holy grail foundation which is Maybelline Superstay.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by amyquimby

I bought this produyct hoping it would give me a natural glow, and make my skin look younger. It does have a nice finish. It has light to maderate coverage. The only problem is that it slides off my face, and gets all over my cell phone. I will not be purchasing this product again. However, OI am saving it use when I fill I need a lighter foundation...which is not very often,

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cuonbroadway

So I purchased this because the marketing is the same as Lancome's Teint Miracle, which is my HG foundation. Unfortunately, I can't really afford it on a teacher's salary, so I was looking for something similar but less expensive. FYI I'm an Ivoire N1 in Lancome.

The L'Oreal foundation is fairly decent. I'll go ahead and confess that I'm taking off lippies because of the color selection. The N1-2 shade is NOT neutral at all. It's a very warm shade, and it's more similar to N3 in the regular True Match foundations. I don't know why they made the shade selection different from the regular foundation options. It just makes no sense to me. As a C1 in True Match, having to settle for N1-2 just isn't logical.

This is a very thick foundation and it dries quickly, leaving little blending time. And this foundation NEEDS lots of time because it's very difficult to blend. My one major pro is that this foundation has a beautiful luminous finish, just as it advertises.

Honestly, if this foundation came in a color that really matched my skin, I would probably rate this higher; however I just do not understand how L'Oreal thought that changing the color system would be smart.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by caligrl16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I love this foundation. I have combination skin that leaves me with a decently oily t zone and resllyyyy dry cheeks. My cheeks tend to be somewhat flaky year round, no matter what I put on just because they are so dry. This foundation has a thin texture that glides on and blends in nicely. This foundation doesn't cling to my dry patches too badly like mufe hd, nars sheer glow, an dneutrogena healthy skin do. This gives a nice glowy look. I set it with powder, and this lasts really nicely on my skin. I usually blot about once a day, which helps prolong it even more. If this did not cling at all to my dry areas (and like I said before its not horrible w that) then this would be a hg foundation for me. I know that when winter comes I probably won't be able to use this because my skin will be even drier which sucks because a glowy finish is beautiful,especially in the winter. Overall I would really recommend this!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Edit 7/26/13 This is still my favorite foundation. I do rotate through others, but I've come back to this one over and over. My skin always looks lovely with it.

Edit 8-8-12 I am upping this to a full 5 rating. I have worn this everyday. It is probably one of the best foundations I've used in years. I might buy the lighter color and mix my own color for the winter. This foundation is not for young or oily skin, this is for dryer more mature skin. If you want full coverage do not buy this, it is light to medium coverage, which is perfect for me.

My skin looks soft, smooth, younger (my lines are hardly noticeable). I have checked the foundation inside and outside under bright sunlight with my magnifying mirror, my skin looks great. Best of all, I don't look like I'm "wearing makeup". I also use it under my eyes and then apply my concealer, what a huge difference in my circles.

Yes, I will rebuy. L'Oreal, please make a color between the first and second shades, please do not discontinue this lovely foundation!

Original review:
The only reason I have rated this a 4 and not a 5 is due to color selection. As others have said, there needs to be a shade between the first and second shades. I don't know if I would rebuy again due to this reason. I'm hoping L'Oreal will come up with the missing colors ASAP!

I have very yellow skin, the W 1/2 is too light and the W3 too peachy/dark. However, since this can be sheered out easily and it is summer, I may keep it, it is a fantastic foundation!

I get a full days wear from it (8 hrs) and a beautiful, natural finish that looks like my skin (except for the slight color difference)

I agree with donnatd's review on this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Again, I fell for this gimmick. I tried the TrueMatch and it was way too peachy for my liking. I thought, hey, what the hell, this might be different. Its pretty much pink. I got W1-W2 and it was a bit too light, the shade up was way too dark. It gave a pretty luminosity but the color just killed it. Good concept though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I did not purchase use I just tried out my mom's bottle. But I am glad that I did not buy my own bottle of this. My skin is sensitive, acne prone, prone to redness, and combination (but more on the drier side.) The color that my mom had in the foundation is W5 Sand Beige (which I knew when I tried would not match my cool toned porcelain skin (I am a little lighter than an NW05.) But I do not think the lightest colors of this foundation would match me because I tried the lightest shades of original true match foundation in W1 Porcelain (too yellow) and C1 Alabaster (too orange.) But the foundation did go on really nicely and blended really nice and gave pretty good coverage. It did not feel heavy but it sort of felt thick (which was more than likely due to the fact that I rarely wear foundation or other face makeup.) I only had this foundation on for five minutes (I did not wear it outside I was only testing the feel and coverage) my skin started to itch and burn. And when I took it off my skin was really red and irritated. I have really sensitive skin that reacts to pretty much anything that I put on it. The ingredients are not good for my skin either since I have overly sensitive skin and acne prone skin. The ingredients that did not agree with my skin were: Dimethicone (sensitivity;) Titanium Dioxide (allergy;) and Bismuth Oxychorlide (sensitivity: redness and itching and acne.) I did not read the ingredients list before putting this is on my face (which is at my fault and mistake.) I am just glad that I tried this foundation without wasting my own money on a bottle of it. The packaging is an improvement though to the original true match packaging now that it comes with a pump and you do not have to tilt the bottle to get the foundation out. I think that for someone that does not have sensitive skin or acne prone skin and who can find a match may like this foundation so if you do please save you and your skin the hassle and not purchase it. It just did not work for me which no foundation I have tried thus far has. But my skin is calmed down now after cleansing it off my skin. So no lingering irritation.