Lancome Artliner (All colors)

4.3

on 12/8/2007 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have these babies in Noir and Spectrum, which is a really pretty shimmery purple with gold specks. (pic in profile). These go on great, a smooth line with litte effort. I love the chic packaging as well as its endurance. It lasts all day on me, until I remove it with water and a washcloth. I also have two L'Oreal liquid liners, and I do admit that these are practically carbon copies. Artliners are still better IMO. L'Oreals are way cheaper though, I think you can three for one artliner.

Verdict: I say get the Lancome artliners if you are able to splurge, and save on L'Oreals if you're a poor college student like me.

on 11/25/2007 1:59:00 AM

I bought this stuff based on the good reviews, but when I got it home to try out, I was disappointed that it was not easy to control (no more easier than any other liner on the market). Even the Lancome lady warned me that it takes practice to get it right, but I bought it anyway cause I was there and I was still hopeful. The only good thing about it is its nice consistency, it doesn't flake and is not watery or runny.

Save your money and buy Cover Girl Line Exact -if you are looking for an easier liquid liner to apply, it has the same style felt tip like the Lancome liner, but it is in a much smaller tube so you can wrap your fingers around it very well -makes for easy application.

Aftr reading all the rave reviews on this I was compelled to write my own review and mourn for my poor Artliner, who is now buried underneath a foot of clutter in my room. :'(
The pen shape makes this super easy to use, it's the only liquid liner that ever looked good on me. I have it in black and it's so easy to make a super thin OR a thick line. Dries quickly and the formula is semi-thick so it's easy to smudge out. I love this stuff.
I got it in my X-Mas stocking so I can't say anything about the price.
RIP ARTLINER.
maybe I'll go clean my room..

on 10/24/2007 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

My favorite liquid liners so far. I have a few of these, so I would obviously repurchase.

on 10/23/2007 11:05:00 PM

I am a recent convert to liquid liners and it's all because of this product. I've since added MAC and Urban Decay liners to my collection, but this is still my favorite.

The applicator is very easy to use-it's not tiny and stiff like a lot of liner applicators. Once the color sets, it won't budge all day-I frequently have days where my shadow is virtually gone but my liner still looks perfect. Best of all, despite it's long staying power, if you mess up it's easy to smudge it off and fix your mistake which is HUGE. As much as I love my MAC, once that stuff dries (and it dries fast) you cannot get it to budge meaning you either have to live with it or remove all your eye makeup and start over. The Lancome also comes off easily with my eye makeup remover which is just The Body Shop's Chamomille stuff.

I have this in Blueberry, Noir (black, lest you forget Lancome is a French company) and Brown. I'm most likely going to go back and buy Smoke too. I no longer consider my makeup complete without liquid on my top lash. Seriously, you need to look into this stuff if you have been intimidated by liquid and stuck with pencils-I promise it'll be easy to apply and you'll never look back (hold on to the pencils for your bottom lash tho.) My only complaints are they don't have more colors and it's fairly pricey.

Also, according to the Cosmetics Cop books, this is almost identical to L'Oreal's Line Intensifique. I've not actually tried them yet and they only come in black and brown but once my Lancome runs out, I'll likely switch and try them since they are about 20 dollars cheaper.

on 10/14/2007 4:01:00 PM

This is very easy to apply and really stays put. I have it in brown, and it doesn't look harsh on me at all-I'm very fair and have blue eyes, for reference. I am going to get some more colors.

on 10/10/2007 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Iv'e Been Using This Product For A Couple Years Now. I Wont Use Another Eyeliner This Is Perfect! Not Too Harsh And VERY Easy To Apply Unlike Some Liquid Liners. A++

on 10/6/2007 10:23:00 AM

I have Artliner in brown and it looks perfect. It doesn't look harsh like some other liquid eyeliners, but I still think most ppl should stay away from the black. This liner is fast to apply, once you get used to it, you only need 10 sec to get it done. The results are sexy and confident.

on 8/30/2007 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My HG eyeliner. It goes on smooth and stays put all day long. I use it in Brown with MAC Teddy Brown Eye Kohl to tight line upper and lower lash line. My lashes are long but thin and this combo fills in the spaces and gives me a defined eye without looking overdone. The effect is of a dark bronzed eye which works for me because I need a bit of shine in my makeup. With my mature skin that I need to mattify to control the oil the shine on the eye works.

I bought this a couple days ago and it's so easy to apply (ha I sound like an informercial), except that you can't get a pointed precise end because of the tip. however, I've used it once, and it's practically empty. this is ridiculous, maybe I just got a botched one but there's barely anything in there.