April 21, 2014 | 1196 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by TinkR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this a few months ago and I absolutely hated it. The color did match my skin (until about half way through the day), but I hated the way it went on. It wouldn't blend at all, it sort of just rolled around my face. I did like the Rimmel Stay Matte powder (not the powder foundation).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2006 7:24:00 PM More reviews by sunshine_arakhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PROS: Nice packaging, nice price.
CONS: Everything else!

I've read alot of other reviews about people who've had success with this product - it's just unfortunate that I'm not one of them! I used the shade Porcelein and it came out orange!! I thought maybe my foundation was a dodgy one, so I tried some more testers in the store later one and ALL of them came out orange! Either way, I applied it, thinking maybe the colour would settle or fade later on, and it just left my face looking sickly. The coverage wasn't too good either as it left patches and it just didn't set. The price and the easy to use tube packaging are all it has going for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2006 10:50:00 AM More reviews by know_everything89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a while now, and I have to say it's not as bad as a lot of people have said. The coverage isn't fabulous, but it isn't cakey and gross either. The color actually worked for me (which is a big deal) and although it wasn't very matte, it was better than a lot of other foundations on the market. I'll probably repurchase unless I want to try something new.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by qaweenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it.. not great coverage on its own.. but when used with a brush over your normal liquid foundation... it covers very nicely without looking fake as long as you have the right color. When used this way.. it is the best thing you could ever try... that is if you like a lot of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2006 7:40:00 PM More reviews by mpaauwe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for several months, and I couldn't be happier. Everyone is right, it does not provide a matte finish! And I too noticed that it contains mineral oil. My skin is very acne prone, but this foundation hasn't given me any problems in that respect. It does a good job evening out my skin tone and covering imperfections while giving me a nice "glow". I like that it looks and feels so light on my skin. And for less than $5.00, it can't be beat!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2006 6:37:00 AM More reviews by nickkydufton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wouldnt buy this item again!

Even the lightest colour is bright orange! i hated wearing it because i felt so so orange. Its designed for normal to oily skin but i felt drenched in it and it took forever to dry.

It feels horrible on the skin and the smell isnt very nice and hangs around all day. I think i'll find another foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2006 4:24:00 PM More reviews by mchaplin

I had been having problems with foundation lately, as my skin is oily in the summer. I just wanted something to even my skin tone more than anything, which is exactly what this did for me. I still have to use powder to actually achieve anything close to a matte finish. But, for the price, it does a nice job of smoothing out the coloring and texture of my frustrating skin during the oily summer months. Another cheapie that I like is Bourjois Matte Clair. It's more expensive, and doesn't last as long, but it's better for an actual matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by cheer_tina2205

I was semi-impressed with this stuff. While it doesn't give a whole lot of coverage, it is pretty good to use on your "good skin" days. I accidentally bought mine about a shade too dark, so I only use it on days when I feel that my face needs a bit more color. It lasts about all day as long as I'm not touching my face all the time (which I have a habit of doing). I really think the effectiveness of this foundation depends on your skin type. On good days, it helps my face stay matte. On bad days, my oil shines right through. I'll finish this bottle but probably move on to something else after it's gone.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2006 10:03:00 AM More reviews by liz_616

This was the first foundation I ever used, not being used to using foundation I found it nice, it covered my redness and my blemishes ... for about an hour. It doesnt last long, it makes your skin super oily and it has a funny smell to it, definately not suitable for oily skin as the packaging suggests! There are much better foundations out there, you may have to pay 2/3 more but its worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2006 9:16:00 AM More reviews by mrmoon

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing I feel not so perfect about this foundation is the coverage - not super - but that's because it's very light. It does a great job evening the skin tone.

It is amazing that people have so different response to this foundation. I believe that's due to the diversity of our skin types. I never broke out after this though I tend to here and there. It goes on light, smooth and streakless on me. I am not at all a makeup pro, but this thing is really easy to apply nicely. Just a sponge wedge and a few dabs and in one minute I am done with foundation step.

As for the shade, I was lucky to get the right tone at one shot. I am medium among Asian and 102 (nude) suits me greatly in summer. The mineral powder I use (which I love) shows a slightly "faking" effect on me, but this foudnation does not at all.

Again, it's light and kind of thin in consistency. I now learned to open the tube with the opening up to avoid spilling. It's very low priced so as long as I cleaned the bathroom tile in time, I don't care that little loss of the foundation.
Will definitely repurchase. But it's gonna take a long time for me to finish all my current stock including another Rimmel that I have not tried yet.

UPDATE: Though the first 1 didn't "mattify" to any extent, it was totally toleratable. The 2nd tube started to make me super oily. I gave it up. I moved on to Rimmel's Renew n Lift.