July 29, 2014 | 1590 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by saramariew

First day i put it on it looked great however half way through the day i could see lines around my jaw area..and to make things worst it was raining that day and well whereever the rain hit..the foundation would wipe off. It was not a pretty day. However somedays i put it on and i look great.
Anyways its a tough product to really give a straight answer for, however i dont think i would buy it again mainly because i enjoy trying different brands and i usually dont go back to the same foundation unless it was exceptional.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2007 7:00:00 PM More reviews by REE43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I would have listened to the reviews. I tried this to get rid of summer meltdown & It is the WORST I have ever used. I never break out & I used it one day & have two nice zits from it. Awful coverage .
Dont waste a penny on this one!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2007 11:13:00 PM More reviews by lisaf6501

Garbage. Thank goodness I only spent $3 on this as it was a "Last Chance Clearance" item at Walgreen's. Gives no coverage, isn't even remotely matte, yet STILL finds a way to patch up and look dry. Gross. I'd recommend staying far away.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by ham1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had wanted a foundation that was matte, and so I tried this since it said "Stay Matte." I used nude 102 and it easily blended and left my skin super smooth. However, it did not look matte, only natural. If I want foundation that looks natural I will wear this. This is a really good price 3.79 and looks the same as more expensive brands. I will repurchase! P.S. it smells good and not bad like other foundations!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by TinkR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this a few months ago and I absolutely hated it. The color did match my skin (until about half way through the day), but I hated the way it went on. It wouldn't blend at all, it sort of just rolled around my face. I did like the Rimmel Stay Matte powder (not the powder foundation).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2006 7:24:00 PM More reviews by sunshine_arakhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PROS: Nice packaging, nice price.
CONS: Everything else!

I've read alot of other reviews about people who've had success with this product - it's just unfortunate that I'm not one of them! I used the shade Porcelein and it came out orange!! I thought maybe my foundation was a dodgy one, so I tried some more testers in the store later one and ALL of them came out orange! Either way, I applied it, thinking maybe the colour would settle or fade later on, and it just left my face looking sickly. The coverage wasn't too good either as it left patches and it just didn't set. The price and the easy to use tube packaging are all it has going for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2006 10:50:00 AM More reviews by know_everything89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a while now, and I have to say it's not as bad as a lot of people have said. The coverage isn't fabulous, but it isn't cakey and gross either. The color actually worked for me (which is a big deal) and although it wasn't very matte, it was better than a lot of other foundations on the market. I'll probably repurchase unless I want to try something new.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by qaweenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it.. not great coverage on its own.. but when used with a brush over your normal liquid foundation... it covers very nicely without looking fake as long as you have the right color. When used this way.. it is the best thing you could ever try... that is if you like a lot of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2006 7:40:00 PM More reviews by mpaauwe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for several months, and I couldn't be happier. Everyone is right, it does not provide a matte finish! And I too noticed that it contains mineral oil. My skin is very acne prone, but this foundation hasn't given me any problems in that respect. It does a good job evening out my skin tone and covering imperfections while giving me a nice "glow". I like that it looks and feels so light on my skin. And for less than $5.00, it can't be beat!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2006 6:37:00 AM More reviews by nickkydufton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wouldnt buy this item again!

Even the lightest colour is bright orange! i hated wearing it because i felt so so orange. Its designed for normal to oily skin but i felt drenched in it and it took forever to dry.

It feels horrible on the skin and the smell isnt very nice and hangs around all day. I think i'll find another foundation.