November 21, 2014 | 1720 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by kayelife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this tinted moisturizer at Sephora for $40. I don't really wear foundations because they make my dry skin look even dryer. This is a nice tinted moisturizer with sheer/light coverage. It doesn't feel dry on my skin. It doesn't really moisturize it either, but at least if doesn't make it more dry.
One great thing about this product is that it does not rub off on your hands or anything unless you actually wipe it or rub it. I will purchase again, in a different color.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using a sample of this in shade St. Moritz for a few days now. To me, the point of a tinted moisturizer is to cut down on beauty routine steps, yes? I want it to be something that I can slap on, buff in, and go. I know tinted moisturizers produce a dewier finish. But this stuff is ridiculous. Two minutes after I rub it in, my nose is shiny. Glaringly shiny. This doesn't mean my skin is oily--it most certainly isn't. It's just all shine. So that means I am adding powder and wondering if I should have mixed in a little primer with it--which then makes me irritated because that defeats my purpose of using a tinted moisturizer. If I wanted to go through all that I would have just gone with foundation in the first place.
Now...I was worried about the color since my skin has very pink undertones. Most of them seem pretty yellow based. However, I found that I really love the color. It blends in and counteracts my pink undertones in a good way. I do think it provides a little more coverage than a typical tinted moisturizer--it is pretty pigmented, I think.
Overall...I WANT to like this, I really do. I just can't get over the shiny finish (especially on my nose) that it gives. I sadly do not think I would be able to justify purchasing a full size tube of this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by diggity

I guess I'm one of the few people who didn't really like this product. It's not that I don't like tinted moisturizers. I have tried probably a dozen different ones over the years, and I much prefer a sheer tinted moisturizer to a full-coverage foundation. That said, I wasn't really impressed with this one. My skin is fairly sensitive, and I did get some mild, immediate irritation from this. I'm guessing it might be the SPF, which I sometimes have a problem with. For color info, I am around nc25ish, and Alaska blended right in. I also tried the shade lighter, Finland, and it was sheer enough that it probably would have worked for me also. but I went with Alaska knowing that I do gain some color in the warmer months. Anyway it was a good match, so I did like the color. Another disappointment - this was not moisturizing enough for me to wear alone. I have normal to dry skin, and this by itself clings to dry patches. However if I layer it over a good moisturizer, it gives the sheer dewy coverage that everyone has been talking about. The dewiness only lasted a few hours on me, and then people were telling me that I looked tired and dehydrated. My skin sort of sucks this up, and then it doesn't have the best coverage. The final straw came after a few days of trying it out, when my mild irritation had become several red bumps, sprouting pimples, and drier patches. My skin definitely didn't like this. I quit using it, and my skin went back to normal in about a week. So I returned this. I am bummed because I really wanted to like this. I went back to Laura Mercier's TM, which is a little too pink for me but doesn't irritate my skin. In case you're wondering, my all time TM of all the ones I've tried is the now discontinued Hard Candy Sheer Envy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by wendiizhou

Hands down the best tinted moisturiser I've ever used.

I have oily skin and I usually have to wear longlasting foundations like DW to ensure my foundation lasts the whole day. I discovered this foundation while on vacation in thailand and purchased it for aprox. $46AUD. I was looking for a light foundation that had spf30, oil free and yellow undertones as I'm asian with a NC30 skin.

This foundation was everything I looked for AND MORE. In the hot 33degrees humid thailand temperature this foundation looked flawless and could easily go 6+ hours. Easily blendable with just the fingers the foundation is a light to medium coverage with a natural dewy finish but not 'her face is so oily' but rather 'wow her skin is glowing!'

I'm a nc30 pushing it to nc35 as I did get abit tanned on holidays and St Moritz was a perfect match. I wish I stocked up as NARS is so expensive in Australia.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a light coverage foundation or TM that would suit my sensitive dryish/dehydrated skin and came upon this.
It goes on smoothly and feels very light on the skin and provides just the right amount of coverage to even out my skintone and hide a bit of redness and some of my freckles and has the bonus of the added sunscreen- all in one go! Concealor is only needed for ladies wanting slightly more coverage in certain places or under the eyes to cover dark circles. I do use a light moisturiser underneath, but for the warm summer months, I might even do without it. It spreads well and does not sink into the pores. I have fair and beigy/ivory skintone and the shade Finland suits me perfectly with just the right amount of yellow in it to cancel out the pink in my cheeks. The TM leaves a lovely radiant finish which I love!
The main reason for buying this TM for me was that it is:
-synthetic fragrance free
-paraben free
-non-comedogenic

I recommend and will definitely repurchase.

PS. Yes the coverage is sheer, but thats why this is called a TM and not a foundation, so this is not ideal for ladies needing/wanting more coverage.

EDIT:

Unfortunately this has been causing clogged pores on my skin, especially on my forehead, which I guess is due to the silicones or the sunscreen. I therefore downgraded it from five to four lippies, as I still think its a great product for those that dont get clogged pores from silicones.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Neutral_Kate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading the amazing reviews, I wanted to like this product so badly. Alas, that was not in the cards. I purchased this in "Finland" and, while it was an okay color match, some of the coverage faded a half-hour after application. The product feels feather weight on my skin, which was my ultimate reason for buying a tinted moisturizer, but if the product doesn't last past my first class of the day...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by hanako283

I had recently switched from NARS Sheer Glow to an Asian BB cream because my skin was dehydrated and thirsty, even if I have combination skin. While I appreciated the moisturizing nature of BB cream, the shades available were nowhere near my skin tone. All were too grey or too pink and it bothered me. I had never tried tinted moisturizers but I was always told that the coverage was very light. Since I have uneven skin tone and lots of blemishes, I needed better coverage. I was pretty excited when this TM came out and ran to Nordstrom as soon as I landed in California (it wasn't available in Canada yet) and bought it in Alaska. I think Finland is a slightly better match for me, but Alaska isn't too bad -- it's a tad darker but instead of making me look orange or mismatched, I find I look healthy. What I love most about this TM is the lightness and texture -- it spreads really easily and I can't feel it on my face at all! It's really easy to apply, and only takes me 1 minute to spread all over my face with my fingers in the morning. I also love the dewy finish, though I really have to set with powder to avoid getting too oily during the day. I'm thinking that wearing a primer underneath would help a lot, but I like to keep my makeup routine fuss-free. The coverage is light to medium, enough to even out my skin tone, but I definitely have to use concealer over my blemishes. It's not something I mind, I actually expected it. Even with Sheer Glow I had to dab concealer on top of them. Moisturizing properties are great -- even in the Canadian winter I seldom have to wear moisturizer underneath, except on the REALLY cold and dry days (like, -30C days, which we haven't had in a while, thankfully) and I think the sun protection is great. I've noticed some dark spots disappearing already and my skin is brightened. I would probably wear an additional sun protecting fluid underneath in the summer to be sure. The only thing I like less about this product is its packaging -- a flip cap is a good idea and is sanitary, but I find it's a little hard to open and the TM tends to spill a tiny bit every time I flip open the tube. Nothing that will deter me from purchasing again in the future though!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I went into Sephora with the intent to purchase this. I was on a mission. However, I ended up returning this and getting Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Skin Tint Spf 20 instead. I found Dior TM to be a much higher quality TM then Nars. Here is the lowdown.
Nars Pure Radiant TM Spf 30 comes in more shades then Dior. I found all the "Medium" shades in Nars to be extremely orange toned. I've tried all three Medium tones which are: St. Moritz (Medium Level 1) Medium with a neutral yellow undertone. Annapurna (Medium Level 2) Medium with a neutral peach undertone. Cuba (Medium Level 3) Medium with a netural balance of pink and yellow undertone. I found all three shades to be very warm. St. Moritz was a bit too light for my skin however the undertone was less harsh then the other medium shades. Annapurna was a bit too dark and very peachy on me. So, the first issue is right in the shade selection. I am currently 30 Medium Beige in Dior, 30 Cendre in Chanel and NC40 in MAC. I consider myself to be a true medium tone with olive undertones that tans easily. With the NARS TM, I would be able to pull off St. Moritz and top it off with a dusting of a pigmented bronzer. I do love that this TM is oil-free as I get very oily with most TMs. However, this TM actually left my face feeling dry. I noticed a tight feeling on my cheeks and I didn't experience any type of "dew" or "glow" from this TM. Another observation is that I have reactive skin and will show immediate signs of irritation by a product. I have had reactions with a few other NARS face products in the past. However, this TM didn't cause any signs of redness, burning, rashes or itching which is a big plus. The formula of this TM is very watery. The product is rather messy and collects in the crevices along the cap and leaks out a bit causing a slight mess. The coverage is extremely sheer and this was the deal breaker for me. I wasn't pleased with the overall appearance of this TM. I didn't notice any difference with the tone or texture of my skin after applying this TM. This TM just left a dull orange cast on my skin. For $42 (US) I was expecting a bit more then a medicore product. Now, in comparison to Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Skin Tint, I found a much better match for my skin and it provided a bit more coverage. Also, it gave me a glow that I was looking for and left my skin feeling soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by tracyltrust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't usually do tinted moisturizers as I like a bit more coverage than they offer but hearing this gives slightly more coverage than most TMs, while supposedly providing spf 30 PA+++, I knew I had to check it out. I love the idea of multi-tasking products although I'm skeptical about most skincare claims...
I have tried BB creams but when I use the 1/4 tsp required to get the stated SPF I look like I am wearing a thick layer of paste on my face. There also usually seems to be only two or three shades available for most of the BB creams I've looked at, so I seldom get a good match. I kept reading reviews for the Nars hoping someone was finally offering something along the same lines-only better- and finally decided to try it myself...
I am NC15, Bobbi Brown Porcelain, and Finland is a great match. I'm not sure how this would look on someone fairer than myself as it seems to match my skin tone exactly (and it does have enough pigment/coverage that I think getting the color right would matter.)
*What I want to say, that I don't think has been mentioned yet, is that I can use the full 1/4 tsp amount of this that would be required to achieve the touted SPF of 30 without looking like I have piled on a ton of makeup. It also doesnt leave me looking greasy, even though I do have combination-oily skin. Nars got the pigmentation level and emoilence just right in that sense. It is not overly emollient which means my skin is able to fully absorb the 1/4 tsp amount. If you're concerned about sun protection these two things are a big deaI.
It seems to last on my skin for a good part of the day- I can still tell it's there hours later. I will likely use my Peter Thomas Roth powder sunscreen to touch up throughout the day if I'm outdoors for any length of time. My skin tends to be oilier in the heat and I fear it will melt off eventually.
With roughly 1/4 tsp I get a bit more than light coverage and a bit less than medium. I apply this as I would sunscreen- with my fingers. It blurs minor imperfections, evens out any redness but I still need concealer for my undereyes and any blemishes if im going for a very finished look. Circles and blemishes are definitely diminished-just not imperceptible. Its perfect for running to the grocery store or post office when im not overly concerned with looking polished but I don't want to frighten anyone, lol. I have done a full face with this as well ( with concealer, eye makeup, blush,etc) and it looked great-and my skin is far from perfect.
The finish is satiny. In certain lighting it can almost look a bit "sheeny." If it's very hot or I'm feeling oily I will set this with powder. I forego the powder altogether if my face is looking dull or I'm feeling old as the "glow" of it certainly helps with that! I will get overly dewy though after a few hours and need to blot-but thats just my skin, not the product. It leaves my skin feeling lightly moisturized. Someone with drier skin might desire an additional moisturizer under this.
I am very impressed with the coverage level and conisistency which make it possible to apply a generous amount. It makes me think that Nars is taking sun protection seriously with this product.
As for the skincare benefits promised- I haven't been using it long enough to comment on any and as I mentioned I'm always very skeptical. For me it provides ample benefits by protecting me from damaging sun rays while at the same time giving me an evened out and non-greasy complexion. I will update should I notice anything extraordinary happening...
EDIT: I repurchased this today! It is making my summer makeup routine so easy and I love the finish so much. I'm preferring this over all my foundations lately as I truly feel I look younger and fresher with slightly less coverage and the satiny finish. I love to dab it on my under eyes later in the day to touch up and re-hydrate that area.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this would be lovely, tried a sample today - the pros and cons:

where is the glow?
I expect you must have oily skin or wear moisturiser underneath. My skin looks matt. I do get a glow however from a good moisturiser, ergo this isn't.

Colour:

I tired Alaska, the only colour sample SPACE NK had. On my very pale ivory skin it looks orangey. I blended again and it does fade into my skin. But I had to apply down my neck to stop it looking mask like.

Texture:

beautiful light texture and it does feel weightless on my skin,

Sunscreen:

Useless: the leaflet with it says, to paraphrase, in strong sunlight use sunscreen i.e. a real sunscreen, This is probably fine for winter, but useless for anti-aging any other time of year.

Overall:

One is paying for a very light moisturiser and evening up of the complexion. On dry skin you may as well think of it as a light foundation because you will still need to moisturise before using this and everyone will need a proper sunscreen underneath, preferably one by ultrasun that really does not need to be re-applied whose protection lasts all day, unlike this.
I won't be buying, it doesn't live up to the hype.