NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

on 6/20/2012 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Move over, Laura Mercier! This tinted moisturizer beats the Laura Mercier TM hands down! They look very yellow. When you apply, the yellow evens out. This is my HG tinted moisturizer bc of the finish. It looks virtually flawless. You can apply with your fingers or a brush, both ways look great. I have oily skin and this didn't make me greasy. It's not matte at all but it gives your skin a healthy glow. I didn't think I'd like it bc most oily girls run when they hear "glow". However, this product is fantastic, it makes my skin look awesome. I love it!

on 6/19/2012 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a review only for the St. Moritz shade. I got a very generous sample of this yesterday from sephora, and I think the color is awful. I find it *very* peachy/orangy... Too much so for me to feel comfortable wearing. I gave it a test run at home, and while it wasn't completely awful looking, I still didn't like the look of it.

Now the next lightest shade, Alaska, is much less orange, more "skin" colored, and when I fade out this fall/winter I expect it will suit me just fine. I will get Alaska once I'm closer to that shade.

Wear and appearance (other than color) are very nice for this product. It has more coverage than many TMs, which is what I was looking for, and it doesn't leave you shiny. I think this is a great product IF you can find the right shade for you. There are huge leaps between colors - Alaska to St. Moritz is pretty dramatic, but St.Moritz to Annapurna (the next darkest shade) is even more so - much more so than the sephora website leads you to believe. This is one of those products that you simply have to try on to find the right shade; I wouldn't buy it sight unseen.

Hope this is helpful.
Kim

on 6/17/2012 6:24:00 PM

I anxiously waited for this to be available so I could try it. I was so disappointed! I finally found it at Nordstrom's, and really, truly tried to give it a fair shot. But regardless what I did, I was not able to control the amount that came out of the tube - I always ended up with way too much! And it's not cheap enough to waste, as far as I'm concerned.

It looked nice enough once I'd put it on, but as the day progressed, it would settle into lines on my face (and yes, I'd used primer).

I have to admit that I was underwhelmed. Didn't really like the consistency, and felt it was money wasted overall. I like to wear tinted moisturizer in the really hot weather, rather than foundation, but this won't be the one I choose.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG where has this stuff been all my life?!?!?! I've never found a foundation that I liked and for the longest time all I've used was Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel as a primer (it's the BEST by the way) followed by Makeup4ever HD powder. But, I really wanted something to even out my skintone. AND, in the interest of simplicity and paring down what I was layering on my face, I wanted it to have a sufficient SPF.

I tried a series of the top-rated tinted moisturizers and bb creams. NONE worked for me. Either they left my face looking like an oilslick (beware of products that promise "dewy" pffft) or they balled up and rolled off my skin as if I was in the final stages of a medium peel. Ugh.

FINALLY, with the lowest of expectations, I tried this. WOW!!! It's just fantastic. But for the totally flawless image looking back at you in the mirror, you'd never know there was anything on your face! I no longer need a primer or a sunscreen and I only occasionally will dust with powder. I'm seriously considering buying a bunch of the stuff and stockpiling it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff. I was I'm sephora looking for a BB cream and the sales woman tried this stuff on me. OMG it looks like I'm not even wearing makeup. I havnt experienced any of the skin benefits it promises but it hadn't broke me out yet!! I've only been wearing it for a couple months on and off. But this stuff is perfect for people who just want a natural glow with a little coverage. I use to have Mac tinted moisturizer but it would break me out so bad, so I had to stop using it. Not that I'm knocking MAC because I use there mascaras and the blot powder but just not the foundations, BB creams or any of that stuff

on 6/10/2012 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this. It has the same radiant luminous look as Sheer Glow, but it doesn't have quite the same fragile-porcelain-type finish. It is just what I wanted for everyday use, and also for the summer, when my freckles are more prominent. I usually use the second to palest in tinted moisturizers like these, for for some reason my best color is Finland, the palest, although I'm not sure what I'll need once I get more of a tan. But meanwhile, I am a Nars foundation convert.

on 6/9/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this tinted moisturizer. The finish it gives to your complexion is very hard for me to find in other products. Colour range isn't fantastic. Alaska suits me well so I can't complain but anyone with very fair or very dark skin will end up feeling a little left out. I haven't had any breakouts directly linked with the use of this tinted moisturizer and there isn't any shimmer or glitter. It's coverage is better than Laura Merciers tinted moisturizers but mind you this is still just a tinted moisturizer so it is still sheer.

Definitely repurchasing since it's perfect for the summer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Love this! I am NW25. Alaska was a hair light, St Moritz a hair dark. But with a touch of summer sun, St Moritz is about perfect. A little more coverage than some tm's but still very light on the skin. My skin leans dry and loves this. Would repurchase in a heartbeat. Although the shade range is a little weird. The jump from Alaska to St Moritz is nowhere near the tremendous jump from St Moritz to the next color up. Perfect texture, perfect coverage.

on 6/4/2012 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this tinted moisturiser. I've tried so many in the past and have always reverted back to foundation for coverage, as I have never been happy with just a tinted moisturiser...until I fell in love with this NARS one! It really feels so light on my skin - perfect for taking on my hols and even works well at covering my blemishes (I have breakout prone skin) I bought this in the shade 'CUBA' and find this suits well with my tanned complexion. I will definitely be re-purchasing this, as I am really impressed with it.

on 6/3/2012 10:23:00 PM

This tinted moisturizer does not do much for me. It's a shame because it is pretty expensive and I was hoping it would work, but it doesn't for me. I have some uneven skin tone in my face including post acne hyperpigmentation on my cheeks, and this did not do much but even out my skin tone a bit. It is moisturizing but made my face look really oily after just one hour (I have combination skin). Also, if you have any dry, flaky skin, since this moisturizer is tinted it will not do anything but draw attention to the flaky areas.

Basically when I use this I need to add more coverage to my cheeks/under eyes with concealer because it doesn't cover enough. And then I feel the need to put on powder foundation to try and make my face more matte. I wanted to get this because I didn't want to use concealer/foundation in the summer - but if I'm using this, I have no other choice. It also makes my skin feel like it has a thick coating on it. Not very light at all.

Overall, I wanted to like this but it doesn't seem to be doing its job.