September 19, 2014 | 1980 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

This is a good tinted moisturizer. Honestly, I really only wanted to try it because they have a shade named Alaska and since I live in Alaska I was curious if it was a match, and it is! But really it's nice that it doesn't settle into lines and it has spf and we'll see if it lightens any dark spots I may have. Good purchase so long as you find a color to match. For reference I'm NC30-35 with yellow undertones.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by jamiewag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Omg, I never get cystic acne. Well I sure did this time! I got a sample from Nordies and I was really excited to try this. I liked the way it looked, and I was going to buy it, but after 2 days of using I got cystic acne. It really hurts. I have a VERY clear complexion and I couldn't believe it when I got cystic acne from this. Never again will I stray from BE or Mac's Pro-Longwear foundation!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by PinkGrapefruit14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This a great TM for skin on the oilier side. I tried two other TMs including Smashbox and Laura Mercier. NARS is much thinner and less tacky than Smashbox, and it's less moisturizing and gives a less dewey finish than Laura Mercier. Since my skin is oily, these differences are key for me.

I would compare the texture of the NARS TM to water, rather than to cream. It leaves the skin feeling quenched, but not greasy (loooove that). The finish is luminous, but not too dewey. The coverage is fantastic. It literally looks like a light to medium coverage foundation, especially if set with a powder.

The color options are great for WOC. I am an NC45 in MAC and my winter shade is Malaga, while my summer shade is Seychelles. If you're planning to set the foundation with a powder, keep in mind that if your powder is not translucent, it'll probably darken your face. Combine that with the inevitable oxidation, and you'll be a bit too dark. It's nothing dramatic, but just something to keep in mind. Despite being aware of this darkening effect, I decided to go with the shade that matches me exactly so that I could have the option of going powder-less.

The other major reasons why I chose this TM over the others is the fact that it has a higher SPF than is typical (SPF 30!) and the fact that it has a good dose of vitamin C, which is said to lighten up dark spots, which I need for my acne scars.

This is an awesome product. $42 sounds pricey, but think about it--you're getting a fantastic moisturizer, an SPF 30 sunscreen, and excellent coverage in one. This product is worth the money. By the way you don't need a whole lot to do your entire face. The bottle looks small, but I can tell it'll last a while.

I definitely recommend this TM in general, and especially if you are a WOC with oily skin or acne-prone skin. It's great!!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by clownface

I think this is really more a light-medium foundation, not at tinted moisturizer. It reminded me a lot of Bobbi Brown's TM, which I also think is more foundation than TM. Because of that, the coverage is good...as it should be for a foundation. I've been using the Laura Mercier TM for a few years now but thought I'd give this one a try due to the hype. In comparison, I really felt like this was harder to spread evenly, and it didn't do much for my dry skin. The LM seems to provide more moisuture and has a dewier finish. I purchased the Alaska, and I think I could've done the St. Moritz as well, but it does oxidize (like anything else) slightly as the day goes on. The color is light/medium with yellow undertones. I'm sad to say I'm going back to my Laura Mercier TM, but I'm glad I tried it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by fvger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I couldn't wait to try this and bough it as soon as it came out. Alaska was a bit too yellow for my NC20-25 skin, but not too noticable. It wears well for 10 hours+ and looks lovely and luminous, but I broke out terribly after wearing it just for 4 days. I stopped for a week and wore it again over the weekend, but I had 3 cystic pimples by Sunday evening. My pores are prone to clogging but I have not had cystic acne for 2 years despite wearing foundation or TM every day. How sad...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While I was rather happy with my Ellis Faas foundation, it still gave me a too made up look that wasn't what I wanted (either that or one is never satisfied when it comes to foundation), I was on the hunt for something that is and looks effortless.

I am a huge fan of Tinted Moisturizers and my favorite was Laura Mercier's however NARS' just blows all other TMs out of the water.

First and foremost, I love the texture, it feels very lightweight and like someone wrote on here, it feels like a serum. While I never used any kind of BB Cream, Korean or otherwise so I can't really compare. The finish, it leaves my skin glowing and looking healthy like I have nothing on, I don't really see a matte finish like some have said, I guess glowing feels like a better adjective because I don't get a dewy or greasy finish in it. I wore it with and without powder and I do get long-wear and never look oily. The best compliment I got was a co-worker saying how clear and healthy my skin looked.

Having only worn this TM for 10 days, I can't really vouch for it's "treatment" claims considering brightening and so on, I do think my skin tone looks more even but at the same time, I do feel it's too early to say.

Shade wise, I got matched in Finland, it's slightly more yellow than my Porcelain counterpart in Laura Mercier's TM, but it does look neutral and a perfect match for me and it does run slightly darker than the other foundation colors from NARS (for reference, I am Siberia in the powder foundation) and someone that wears Mont Blanc might have a little trouble.

This applies easily, I blend it with my fingers (the product sets beautifully fusing with my own skin almost instantly) and don't feel the need to use a brush (actually think that using a brush would soak, i.e. waste, some product unnecessarily) which is rare for me.

This will accentuate flakiness though, so be warned. Nonetheless the price is the exactly the same for the Laura Mercier and comparing both, I'd take NARS, it feels and looks a lot more naturally and wears a lot better than Laura's. I will definitely be buying this again, NARS took its time to come out with a Tinted Moisturizer, but it paid off.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by ativan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised by all of the hype surrounding this. I was eager to try it, given the good reviews, but I'm disappointed. I find it on the heavy side, and it makes my face too shiny. I suspect this may be because of the high SPF; I've never found a product with good SPF that wasn't greasy-looking. So while I was excited about the sun protection, this just didn't work for me. Finland seemed like a pretty good match for my NC20 skin, but I was worried it might be slightly too pale for summer use. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the fairly small container for a pretty hefty price tag. I'm willing to pay big bucks for a good product (I've bought Revive TM before, which is $80), but this one just didn't live up to expectations, so I"m returning it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Murais

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ah, the call of the holy grail. In quest of this elusive relic, and hearing of it hidden in Nars TM, I recently hunted down a sample in Alaska. I must be darker or yellower than I'd imagined, because this Revlon CS Buff, Boots no. 7 New Ivory, Neutrogena tm Ivory-Fair, Chanel DPC Vanilla, NC20 found Nars Alaska a perfect match. First day I tried it on, I wasn't that impressed at first. Goes on smoothly, covers well for a tm, but no angels singing. A few hours later, however, I happened to take a look at myself in the bathroom mirror at work, and silently exclaimed, 'why, hello there!' My skin really did have this lovely, natural, been on long vacation, soft healthy glow! Not oil....but glowy sheen. And it held up all day without fading. And my skin still feels soft at night, so the tm does have some nice moisturizing properties. Plus it's got a dynamite full spectrum spf. My only personal regret is that its price tag precludes this plebeian from purchasing a full size at this time. None the less, a truly lovely tinted moisturizer, and well done, Nars.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by lucya67

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This product is fantastic! It applies wonderfully (I'm a brush fanatic but for this I can just use my fingers) and provides great coverage. It covers up my acne while letting my skin show through. Great buy even though it was $42. I'm an NC15 and got Finland and it's a great match

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by ESykes138

Great coverage for a tinted moisturizer! It goes on soooo smooth!! Expensive, but I don't regret it :-)