August 1, 2014 | 2133 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought 60 coffee cake for 7$ at fred meyer for 5.6g or .19oz of product. My first impression is that this blush is not very pigmented- I had to dip about 5 times with a stippling brush to get this to show. That being said, the color is a very warm brown champagne color, it's very pretty. It's very shimmery but it gives a nice sheen in indoor lighting. This has no scent to it. I don't know if this color would show up on any skin darker than fair. If you have medium skin, this might be a good highlighter color. Staying power is not good on its own, I layer with a powder blush on top to keep it going all day. Would not repurchase but will use up for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in "Hot Tamale" and i really like it. The bouncy concept is really fun. I think people have way to high standards for these things. They dont sell this product saying it gives you the richest pigment and best color pay off. They say its a cream feel with powder wear. Which it certainly is. The brighter shades like the one i got and "Candy Coral" give a nice color pay off. I think the lighter shades are for a natural-barely there blush. Stop putting these with the MAC or Rock&Republic blushes, theyre Maybelline with a fun concept. I think they are very fun and the deeper shades are well worth the money.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by katygrapes

This product was very disappointing. I was expecting a similar quality to the maybelline mouse blush. The color pay off is awful and it's barely pigmented. I will never buy it again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by um359738

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am not obsessed with this product but I do really like it. I'm gonna be completly honest, I am not a blush person but I wanted to buy this just to feel it. I felt it, and of course it has this cool feeling and kinda bounces but then I used it and found I really liked it. I dont really like creme blushes cuz I hate using my fingers to put on make up but them again if it was a powder I probably would not like it at all. I use a blush to put it on and it is kinda hard to put on mr for blush or fingers but I like how it isnt that pigmented but it can be built up. They need more of a selection of colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by xohaley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this blush in orchid plum. It isnt very pigmented at all. The blush does feel pretty cool though. I wouldn't call it bouncy though because when you press down on it, it doesn't bounce back. I have to keep rubbing my finger on the product multiple times to get color that is visible on my skin. These blushes are also kind of hard to blend. I don't think I'll be buying another one of these.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If I want a gel blush this is fine. It does seem like I will get through it quickly since it is easy to make a dent in. Also once i have opened it, i feel like i will need to use it or it may dry up. I think I have better Lucy with blush sticks, powders and liquids, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jtenopir88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like the idea of this blush and the texture is pretty cool, but the color payoff is not very good at all. I literally have to swirl my blush brush in this this for like 5 mins just for the color to show up on the bristles, and the bristles are white. Kinda disappointing bc like I said I like the idea of it but there are way better DS blushes

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by rinstar311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I originally purchased this blush in Candy Coral. I LOVE this blush. I know everyone seems to be having different experiences with this product but here is mine:
I apply this with my fingers. I do find that I need about 3-4 layers of product to get a good color in my cheeks (I like a bright blush). Don't be afraid to press hard on the bouncy surface to pick up more color!
This blends beautifully and I have worn it for about 7 hours without needing a touch-up. I have also worn it through a 2 hour dance class and it was still there afterwards! My blush usually does not last through a dance class.

I have since purchased the other 9 shades of this blush. I haven't received them, but am really looking forward to them!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very poor color pay-off. Such a struggle to get it to be seen! I hated tugging on my face that much. While the texture is definitely interesting, it doesn't work well at all.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Hot Tamale, and I have medium-dark skin with yellow undertones.

HOW I APPLY: Two fingers, give it a swirl, then blend with circular motions unto my cheekbones. Top it with my usual powder blush (Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in "Blissful")
FINISH/APPEARANCE: Bright pink/red that blends more sheer. Blending is very easy, and it wears nicely underneath my powder blush. I get a "just been outside" kind of flush.
WEAR THROUGHOUT THE DAY: This is the dealbreaker for me, this fades within maybe 2 hours, and I feel like it took my Tarte blush with it (which usually has fantastic staying power on its own). I had no blush on by lunchtime.

I guess due to the hype I was expecting an HG product, which this is not. The texture is as unique as everyone has said, but I think the gimmick is what carries this so far. For the price ($8-9), I don't think it's worth it in the least. I think the mousse blushes were better because they still had a cream consistency that actually stayed on, whereas these just seem to fall right off when they become powder. I will not repurchase