December 22, 2014 | 1689 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

Purchased mine on a whim, and went for my usual coral shade. This applies very sheerly, and does not have shimmer or shine. The "bounce" comes from the fact that the pad of blush "gives" a bit when you press your fingertip on it. It is sort of fascinating, but only for a minute or two. Clear plastic pot alows you to see color. The color looks very natural on and is buildable. Certainly not a bad product, but it does not excite me as much as I had hoped. Thus, I will not repurchase. This would work well for a no-makeup look. UPDATE: When the temps started the climb, and I swapped out a lighter, dewier fndtn for spring, I find I like this product a whole bunch better. It just does not work on matte makeup. The lighter, dewier makeup works just fine. I just picked up a second shade -- Orchid. Already had Paech Satin. Both shades are workable for NW 20

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by swim

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it! Bought two - a peachy shade and coffee - and I love them both, The colors are sheer and pretty. The bouncy concept is fun. Great cheapie blush!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by emilylevy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this blush after watching a few youtube videos about it. I got the color Peach Satin because I am fair skinned. A lot of people online were raving about Hot Tamale but this seemed too dark/red for my skin tone.

I must say I love this product. I texture is unique and the color pay-off is just what you would want from a cream blush- dewy and light and buildable (if you need more!). I set it with a light dusting of a powder blush and this lasts all day long!

Compared to other cream blushes that I have (MAC, Illamasqua) this is a much lighter formulation. MAC seems more thick, this is lighter and I think a lot has to do with the "bouncy-ness". The lighter formulation suits this and makes it much easier to work with than other thicker cream blushes I have encountered.

Not an HG, but definitely an excellent blush and can't beat the price and color selection.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Fresh Pink. It feels "bouncy" yes true to it's claim. It shows up on my skin and it looks nice but really I don't really like the idea around "cream" blushes. It's just easier to put on powder ones. I only got this because I didn't buy it and it looked extremely cute & interesting. However it's a one hit wonder for me. It's great, but I cannot see me buying this as a monthly product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by alicekingderp

Let me start off by saying this stuff fascinated me the first time i touched it.it is actually 'bouncy' and feels so cool! anyway i really like this product. The actually blush is a bit sheer and needs a few applications to show up but the finish feels more like a powder; unlike other cream-like blushes that feel a bit sticky.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Peach Satin. The texture is really nice, and the overall color is beautiful, but the pigmentation is lacking. I only use this either on a barely there makeup day or to use as a base for powder blushes. The staying power leaves something to be desired as well. If they handled the pigmentation issue, I would consider repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by kdillard08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had seen many mixed reviews about this blush and decided to try it out for myself. I love the texture of this but the pigmentation sucks! I wish it was a bit more pigmented so it would show up on my skintone, because I just love the way it feels.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I didn't read the reviews for this blush, only saw it raved about on YouTube.
I only own the shade Peach Satin, and I'll definitely be going back for more! It's such a beautiful, natural blush that I love to wear everyday. I was wary about using it on top of foundation at first, because I've never had good luck with cream products... they usually take my foundation right off and don't blend well into it.
However, this isn't really a cream product... it has more of a mousse/putty texture. Mine really reminds me of some sort of mounding putty as it doesn't really "bounce" back (at least that I notice).
The things that I like most about this is the colour payoff (buildable, but not super sheer), the colour selection (lots of beautiful vibrant colours to choose from... I especially like the peach/coral colours!) and the blendability.
I definitely think that these are worth the "hype" and I would definitely repurchase. Probably one of my favourite blushes.

UPDATE: Bought Orchid Hush and love it just as much! I have very light skin, and it blends beautifully for a soft, sweet look. Lasts FOREVER too!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ALINDSEYFLOWER

I'm not sure what all the fuss is over these. They are neat in the way when you touch them they sort of bounce back. But, the application is just horrible. I put applied some with my fingers and no matter what I did could not get an even application. Some areas looked like subtle color on my cheeks, others were very bright. It just looked splotchy to me. I got mine at SDM on sale for $5.99. I would not pay more than that...and I wouldn't recommend them :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by allison41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wasn't too sure about this after hearing a lot of negative reviews, but I really wanted to try it out anyway (if nothing else then to feel the texture lol) I picked it up in Fresh Pink and Rose Petal and I really like them! Fresh Pink is a true bright(ish) pink and Rose Petal is really more on the peachy pink side. I wanted to get Peach Satin but I think it would have been too dark for my skin tone. I am pretty fair and these show up well on my skin after I swipe them a few times, I think if you have a darker complexion they may not work as well--or you'd have to spend a long time swiping the product to get any to show up as they are so sheer.
Overall these are pretty good. Normally I prefer mac, nars, benefit blushes to drugstore brands...but I could see myself repurchasing this if they come out with new colors down the line.