Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 4/4/2012 9:20:00 PM

The color is gorgeous. The shadow lasts for so long, and is versatile, you can apply it lightly as a base or more heavily, use it on its own for an everyday look or build it up as a smokey eye, etc. It's dirt cheap as well, a real drugstore gem!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm not familiar with cream eyeshadows, so I was unsure of purchasing Bad to the Bronze, but this is actually really a great eyeshadow!
The texture is really smooth and creamy, which makes it very blendable and easy to apply. I just dip my ring finger into the jar, dab it onto my lids, and blend it out with the same finger.
You actually only need a little bit of product since the pigmentation is amazing! I expected it to have good color pay-off after reading all the reviews for Color Tattoos, but I didn't expect it to be THIS good!
Bad to the Bronze is a shimmery neutral bronze. It's slightly on the cool side, which is kind of disappointing considering it looks like a warm shade in the jar, but nonetheless, it's still a gorgeous, very wearable color! Also, it's a lot lighter than I expected/wanted it to be, but that's not a big deal.
I like to wear Bad to the Bronze all over the lid with a shimmery medium brown on the outer third of the lid and a matte ivory color in the inner corners of my eyes. This is a very pretty, everyday look that anybody can pull off.
Packaging-wise, it comes in a attractive high-end-looking glass jar with a black screw-on lid. It's a small jar, so you might think there's only a little bit of product, but actually it's a LOT of product--a little bit goes a very, very, very long way. You only need a midgen of product per eye.
I purchased this for $7--a little expensive, but well worth it. Currently Bad to the Bronze is the only shade I own, but I'm going to purchase Bold Gold and possibly Too Cool or Pomegranate Punk in the near future. I'm also considering getting Tenacious Teal to line my lower lash line with.
Would I repurchase? Yes, but I doubt I'll need to considering there's so much product and I rarely wear eyeshadow.

on 4/2/2012 9:33:00 AM

This is very similar to my HG everyday e/s base - NYX JEP in Iced Mocha...but it doesn't crease. I wouldn't really consider it a bronze color, but more like a neutral/golden taupey color. It works well under a variety of e/s colors too.

I don't care for applying this with my fingers, so I use a stiff domed synthetic fiber brush. it works well to blend the color onto my lids and slightly into the crease.

Just a great quality product from the DS. One of the few favorites I have from Maybelline.

on 4/1/2012 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

LOVE this product. Colours are great and super trendy. Be careful not to pile it on the eyelids. A little goes a long way. The package looks expensive!
It definitely lives up to the whole 24 hour wear. I actually have trouble taking it off at the end of the day!

on 3/31/2012 9:33:00 PM

Love love love this stuff. Blendable and buildable. A light coat is sheer and even works as a shadow base. More product gives a deeper color, and either way it lasts all day with no creasing. The ads and the display make it look super shiny and bright but this and the pomegranate are subtle and very pretty.

on 3/31/2012 7:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this product,glides on smoothly and easily,nice and creamy consistency!
Dries enough on the lids not to be sticky,very pretty color with great lasting ability!

on 3/30/2012 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the best cream shadow I have ever used. It really lasts all day without a primer. This color in particular is beautiful with my skin tone and itís so easy to use. I don't even use a brush I dip a clean ring finger tip into the jar and dab it on my eye area.

on 3/29/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is definitely the best color out of all of the color tattoo liners. Very pretty shimmery bronzer color without any chunky glitters like most of the other ones have. Applies smoothly and lasts all day. Not a very unique color, but the price is good compared to other alternatives.

on 3/29/2012 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite of the ones I've tried. I like it most because of the color and the consistancy. The color is a gorgeous, pigmented bronze with shimmer. The texture is that of a MAC paint pot. Super creamy yet once it's set, it's not going anywhere. I believe this color is also universally flattering to most people. I have blue/grey eyes and it looks fantastic. I love how d/s companies have been stepping it up. I have used this product both as a base for eyeshadow and alone. Both ways worked just fine and held up beautifully. I highly recommend this product.

on 3/23/2012 8:39:00 PM

this is so amazing! I got it at target for literally 5 dollars!!! the color is perfect for me being in high school. it's great for everyday wash of color and it's not super loud. it goes on smooth and lasts forever. it's been really hot the last couple days and I had a really tough cheer practice on our upper deck, which is the hottest place in the school...and after 2 1/2 hours of flipping around and conditioning it was still there. LOVE ITTTT!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials