Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 5/14/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i have made a huge dent in this product, which is rare because im not a huge cream shadow user. although this doesn't crease on me, it does definitely fade throughout the day (but keep in mind i have really oily eyelids). this color is a great shimmery, gold-bronzey-neutral-brown shade that has a creamy but not too-creamy formula. and its cheap!

on 5/14/2012 6:49:00 PM

I never liked Maybelline eyeshadows but this one is very different. You can wear this color in daywear or night. It stays in place till you clean your make up. I apply first layer with finger, than I use my concealer brush to get more pigment and combine with a highlight color. I will repurchase this product again and again..

on 5/9/2012 2:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm repeating the review I wrote for the general entry for the Color Tattoo shadows here because most of it was about Bad to the Bronze shade:

I havenít typically used cream shadows because theyíve so often creased on me in the past, and I havenít worn shimmery shadows for years because theyíre considered unflattering to those of us whoíve reached ďa certain age,Ē but after reading a number of the enthusiastic reviews here, I decided to experiment with the Bad to the Bronze, and since my local drugstore was having a 2nd-one-for-half-price sale on Maybelline cosmetics, I picked up the Too Cool, as well. Iím so glad I did, because these shadows have now become the basis of my daily makeup routine. I use Too Cool to lighten the Bad to the Bronze by mixing them in an approximately 1:3 ratio between the tips of two fingers, which warms the cream sufficiently to make it extremely easy to spread across my entire lid, right up to the brow bone, and (as mixed) itís the perfect, warm shade for me as a base. I then take a tiny bit more Bronze on the clean tips of my little fingers, rub them together to emulsify and warm the shadow, then lightly smooth those fingertips along the crease. I use a crease brush to blend the edges, then usually touch the clean tips of two other fingers very lightly into the Too Cool, again rub them together to warm and emulsify the shadow, then blend that tiny amount into the previously applied base along my brow bones and the inside my lids, to lighten and highlight. I use Jesseís Girl eye primer, and so far I havenít experienced any creasing at all, even after 12 hours or more of wear. Iíve been so pleased that Iíve purchased most of the rest of the colors and often use Audacious Asphalt, Pomegranate Punk, or Tough as Taupe to deepen my crease color and/or to do my ďOuter V,Ē usually blended to some degree first with Bad to the Bronze. Although I always apply my Outer V color with a brush, I find that warming and emulsifying these shadow(s) first between two fingertips greatly increases the smoothness of applying them with the brush, which thus diminishes tugging on my eyelids, as well as increases ease of blending along the borders. Iíve also purchased Bold Gold, which I sometimes apply very, very lightly as a highlighter to the center of my lids in the evening, as well as a couple of the more vivid colors, which I usually tone down by mixing with the Bronze or the Taupe for an added layer of surprisingly subtle lid color, depending on what Iím wearing and where Iím going, and when so mixed, the "shimmery" aspect has been fairly subtle, IMO. The best price Iíve found for these so far is at Bed, Bath and Beyond, where theyíre only $4.99! All in all, these are a very useful, wearable, economical selection even for we ladies of ďa certain ageĒ.

on 5/6/2012 6:56:00 AM

The colour is beautiful like molten metal on your lid. Personally I don't find this too much for daytime wear but I also amp it up for night time. For me this is a great product quick and easy and also very cheap I think I paid around £5 for it which is great for the quality and amount of product you get. Unfortunately for me this does crease although only after a long wear which I can deal with especially as I have very oily lids. Definitely worth a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love this! I would wear it everyday, but I find it too be too heavy for everyday wear and school. It was around $8 at my local drugstore (not bad..), but I heard you can get it cheaper. The pigmentation is amazing, and the color is gorgeous. You do get a lot of product for the amount you pay. In my opinion, best color in the whole line of the color tattoo 24hour cream gel eye shadow line.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I was kind of skeptical at first since the color looked very dark, but I bought it anyways and figured out that it looked very nice with just a little bit of the product. It lasts all day (with a primer of course) and I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 5/2/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the lazy girl's best friend when it comes to makeup. This is my favorite color out of the bunch. I'm tan, and this is really wearable and not dark at all on me. The staying power is really great, especially with a powder shadow ontop. Most of the time I just swipe this on my lid with some mascara and I'm ready for the day. The packaging is nice and they give you a very generous amount in the pan. This is a really great product that I highly reccomend.

on 4/30/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This my second Color Tattoo, and it's definitely my fave! I wear this pretty much every time I wear makeup. My fave combo is this on the lid, topped with UD YDK, Tease in the crease, and Foxy to highlight (all in the Naked 2 palette). Combined with dark brown or black liner and mascara, this makes my hazel eyes POP! The one drawback I can think of this eyeshadow is that it by no means lasts 24 hours. I do have oily lids, so I wear this over UDPP. I get an easy 12 hours of wear, longer if I need it, but it definitely performs better with powder eyeshadow over top. I've noticed it doesn't hold up quite as well if I don't put something over it. I don't care though! For a few dollars, I think it works great. Definite repurchase!

on 4/30/2012 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am not much for cream eyeshadows, and this hasn't changed my mind. I think they are trying to duplicate the style of paints pots here, but this falls far short.
First off, Bad to the Bronze is not even a little bit bronze. It is actually a silvery taupe. The color is very pretty, don't get me wrong (and the only reason I didn't give this a 1 overall) but it is not at all bronze, gold or warm toned.
The consistency feels greasy on my eyelids, and I have dry skin. It never seems to dry, and it does smear some. As far as lasting 24 hours, that is a joke. The pigmentation is pretty good at first but it fades after a few hours, leaving only a faint sparkle behind.
This left a lot to be desired and really only made me want to try to get a paint pot, which has a much better consistency, in a bronze color. I wouldn't recommend it.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Gives my eyes a nice pop of shimmer without being too teeny-bopper. It's a good everyday color.

Video Reviews & Tutorials