November 24, 2014 | 1709 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Doesn't live up to the hype, but isn't bad! I have Peach Parfait and Tutti Frutti (1 neutral, 1 bright :P) and I like Tutti Frutti more! The packaging has a problem swiveling down. There's no SPF and it isn't moisturizing, but it isn't drying either.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrow

I have this in fig jam, red velvet, gumdrop, creamsicle, cherry tart, and creme brulee. I love them all. The colour is pigmented but sheer. It does feel smooth like a balm, and it doesn't dry my lips. Packaging is adorable, and you can clearly see the actual colour through the clear top of the tube. Definitely not long lasting, but pretty, easy, and fun.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by nippie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have all Twenty of these and as time has gone by my opinion has gone down on them. They're pretty but the creamier ones will only last for a few minutes on the lips and even can make lips look even more dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Flybane

I bought Peach Parfait and Tutti Frutti. Unfortunately, I find that they don't feel at all moisturizing, and in fact I feel like my lips are drier afterwards, and while it's on, it feels thick and sticky. Peach Parfait is too light to affect the color of my lips, so it ends up looking like I have some whitish shimmery stuff on. Tutti Frutti is actually a nice color, no glitter, and slightly sheer, but it just isn't a comfortable formula for me. I have lipsticks that feel more moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by cs1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this in peach parfait and, unlike other reviews on here, I haven't found the shimmer to be a problem. As the colour is quite natural, I find the shimmer just gives it a nice touch, without affecting the texture of the product. It makes my lips feel really soft, without the stickiness of a lip gloss. I love the quilted look of the packaging, and it feels much more luxurious that just a lip balm. I would recommend this product - I'm definitely going to be trying this in more colours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased the lip butter in plum, and found the color to be too pink for me. The application was very smooth, and the lipstick felt moisturizing, but also "heavy" to me. The color lasted on me as long as regular lipsticks, which is good for such a "buttery" lipstick. Not a favorite of mine.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by shyaa

I bought this color in peach, and I found that it was too shimmery and did not show up well on my lips (my lips have a lot of natural color anyway). All that seemed to show up was the chunky glitter. The only thing I liked was how moisturizing it seemed to be, although I am not sure how well that would last throughout the day. I do not recommend this product, atleast in the color peach.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pigmented product that goes on very naturally. It is very moisturizing and has the staying power of a standard lipstick. The color selection is not exceptionally broad but contains a good range of beautiful shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by alienxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't know why people rave about this product so much. The good thing about it is that it comes in many shades but it doesn't even moisturise your lips very well. Additionally, it doesn't stay on your lips for long either. There are better lippies out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by kpxgenie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else, I bought 3 of these because of all the rave reviews. It's a bit strange... the lipsticks are truly buttery and shiny, but it's not exactly moisturizing. When you look at your lips, they look shiny. But...it's not moisturized (almost like the feeling of wearing a matte lipstick...only it's not matte lol). The color faded as soon as I ate or drank something. When I was not eating/drinking, the color lasted a little over an hour while I was chatting with friends. The color choices are ok. Most of the colors are not very opaque, some are sheer, and you can't really tell which are sheer until you buy and try them. Peach parfait is a bit sheer, creamsicle has a little more opaqueness.

I will say, it is not a bad lipstick for the price (around $6) and it does beat most of the other drugstore lipsticks. I like matte lipsticks. I like shiny lipsticks. But, I don't think I'll be repurchasing because I'm not a fan of matte-feeling lipsticks that are shiny. :)