September 21, 2014 | 1642 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Msruvi

When I first found out that Tarte was coming out with this product I was so excited! I love the blushes especially with the clay I couldn't wait to try this! The fact that it was full coverage made me want it more.I really really wanted to love this product let alone like it.

At first I did!I bought this in light and light-medium. it is full coverage i rarely needed to use a concealer to hide anything. Its a mousse consistency so it doesn't take much to cover my face which is a plus considering the cost. Overall, the foundation was lightweight and didn't feel thick or heavy on. I felt like my face could still "breathe" even though i had a full face of foundation on.

I purchased both colors because i found that the light-medium was too dark of a shade for my skin and oxidized a bit which made me look a tad orange-y. I got the color light which ended up being a hair too light for me. After mixing the two together, i was happy with the color.

I never broke out with this foundation but i found that it wore away very unevenly. At the end of my day I could tell where the product had worn away and where portions were left. I just looked very patchy even after 6 hours. I tried switching primers, changing my moisturizing routine (which if i had to change that just to get a foundation to work, says a lot right there.) No matter what i did, I looked patchy. Also, i found that if i applied too much of it it just looked bad. Almost like i was walking around with a thick paste on my face.

My relationship with this foundation went from love at first sight, to a bad, very bad, romance. I had high hopes for this foundation, but it failed to live up to my expectations. Overall, the fact that i had to purchase two colors to match my skin, the potential paste face if I wasn't careful, and because of the patchwork left on my face I will not be repurchasing this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Daniela7474

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HORRIBLE.

Now, let me be more specific.

How can I accurately describe this foundation?

Let me put it this way. First, think of funeral parlor makeup. Okay, THIS IS WORSE.

It's thick and pasty, wears off unevenly and it will clog your pores. At least, this is how it was for me.

I actually looked ROUGH by the end of the day, because of this ''foundation.''

My skin broke out all over the place. I tried to give it chance, but after 15 days, I went to the dermatologist and he told me that he has seen several women with reaction to this stuff.

Bottom line, STAY AWAY!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ameliakatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been wearing this for 3 weeks and love it! It may dry your skin out, I have very sensitive combination skin, so the first week this was exasperating the dry areas on my face. I started wearing a good moisturizer underneath, and haven't had any issues since. It has very full coverage, and a little goes a long way. That $40 tube will probably last me 4-6 months, we'll see how much I use it in the winter when my skin is drier. It's an easy product because the coverage is so great, you don't need concealer. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

I’d like to start off by saying this foundation is in NO way for all skin types. In contrary to the QVC host who said this foundations helps “lock in moisture” for those with dry skin. This is completely untrue. This foundation isn’t bad. It’s geared more towards the person with oily skin. I should have realized that with the title Amazonian Clay alone… (Think of a clay mask… what does it do? It removes oil from the skin… This is exactly what this product does) If you have dry skin or dry patches this foundation will only accentuate those problems..
I have combination skin. This product will work well for me during the summer months… During the colder months it’s not so great on its own. I’ve had to use help from face scrubs, natural oils and Glycerin which sounds like a lot of help but I really wanted to give this foundation a chance and understand why people like it so much.. After all the skin hydrating methods I used I’d like to say that yes, this is a nice foundation. It gives you a natural healthy looking skin tone. You don’t look made up at all. But again, this foundation works well for those who have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Anners26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised at the lukewarm reviews for this product... I loooove this foundation! It's perfect for my occasionally dry, acne-prone, somewhat blotchy skin. The coverage is fairly dense, but not at all cakey. It goes on creamy and blends well. My skin looks totally even. A little goes a long way, too. I don't really notice it wearing off quickly, but my skin isn't really oily. I definitely love this and will repurchase forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by wandawoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best foundation I have ever used. I have oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin with yellow undertones. I guess I got lucky with this foundation because it never cakes or look unnatural. The coverage is buildable and therefore as sheer or full as you want it to be. It covers acne scars and uneven pigmentation better than a concealer. This foundation was recommended to me by an esthetician who told me that while the best thing for your skin is obviously no makeup at all - this would be the second best thing. I have had no breakouts or problems with blackheads since I started using this makeup more than 6 months ago. I use the Tarte Smooth Operator pore-minimizing finishing powder on top and my makeup stays flawless most of the day (with the help of a couple oil-blotting papers). I recommend this makeup to everyone I know. You only need a small amount to cover your entire face and the whipped consistency blends perfectly. People comment on my complexion all of the time and it's all thanks to Tarte.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

This product reminds me so much of the Revlon Whipped Foundation that comes in a jar. I feel like this line tends to be a bit lighter than you expect so I had to go a shade darker. So normally when I would buy medium, I had to go for light with the Tarte Amazonian. This products has more yellow undertones too which is suitable for me. the product is buildable and I like the natural finish of this foundation. This product gives you a matte finish. I feel like it gives you a "no makeup" look if applied correctly. I wish however that this wasn't so darn expensive!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by littlefangfang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The coverage is ok when you first apply it, but it fades throughout the day. It looks a little bit cakey to me. If you like the matte finish you might like it, but I like my foundation finish to be dewy and glowy. For how much it costs I wish I had kept the receipt so I can return it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really, really wanted to love this foundation, but sadly, it did not live up to the hype. My skin is fussy, TBH. It's sensitive, prone to hormonal acne and clogged pores, oily, and has serious hyper-pigmentation issues. My HG is MUFE Mat Velvet+, which is what I will be returning to. However, after hearing all the hype on the AC foundation and having a 20% off Ulta coupon, I decided to take the plunge. The first couple of wears I had myself convinced I loved it, but after wearing it on and off for a few months (I use mineral makeup on a daily basis), I'm no longer impressed. My biggest issue... I break out every single time I wear this foundation! My skin is fussy so it took me awhile to put two and two together. I wore this foundation today, and my skin looked pretty good this morning. By this evening, I had a massive pimple on my cheek and one under my jaw. I mean really?? And this happens every single time. Like I said, I've only recently realized it was the culprit. I've blamed it on everything but the foundation... hormones, my moisturizer, the humidity. On top of that, it's by no means full coverage. I need medium to full coverage to help cover the damage left by a year-long battle with severe acne after going off the pill. This stuff is medium, at best, and I would say that's after layering (which leads to cakeyness). It doesn't stand up to my oily skin, not even with primer. The oils from my skin break this down so fast that I'm left with a shiny face with hardly any makeup on. It also transfers very easily so beware of tugging shirts on/off your head or hugging people. I just do not get the hype. AT ALL. Maybe people loved it initially like me and wrote reviews prematurely, but this is just not the hit that everyone said it was. Not even close. I will be returning to MUFE Full Cover ASAP.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by kpharm2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me just start by saying that I have VERY oily skin. So oily that I could get ready for work or class in the morning, and within about 4 or 5 hours I would feel like my makeup was literally dripping off my face. My skin is also pretty sensitive, and about 75% of makeups and face products I have tried have either made me breakout or made my face red and splotchy. So I went to Sephora and explained my skin type to the lady, and she suggested this. I was amazed at how natural it looked and how well the color blended with my skin. You could barely even tell I was wearing makeup! I have pretty clear skin so this is a little more coverage than I necessarily needed, but it doesn't look heavy or cakey or anything. I have been using this for about 3 weeks now and I love it. I pair it with the Bare escentuals translucent powder and my skin looks absolutely flawless. I do still have to blot and reapply powder during the day, but not nearly as often as I used to. I will definitely be buying again!