December 22, 2014 | 923 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by grivera1017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I've had this foundation for like 4 months now so obviously a little goes a long way. Really good foundation compared to the ones I've tried in the past (MUFE, Revlon, Maybelline, etc.). I've been looking for a foundation thats full coverage and is matte enough for my oily skin. This foundation has checked off most of what I was looking for, however, I do feel like it doesn't last as long as it says it should. Anyway here are my pros vs. cons...

Pros:
- good coverage
- matte
- not greasy
- buildable
- neutralizes skin discoloration
- uvb/uva spf 15
- photographs well

Cons:
- only lasts for a few hours/NOT long-lasting (5-6 hours tops with this foundation, even with setting powder)
- shows pores, blemishes, etc.
- pricey!

With all of this said, I would probably only buy this foundation again IF i can't find one that's comparable in coverage and if I needed a quick swipe of foundation for running errands..

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by EmilyC17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is the perfect shade for me, and it's also not the priciest foundation I could purchase from Sephora/Ulta. I did notice the a couple times after using this foundation that there is a slight shimmer in it, it isn't crazy like Revlon's Photo Ready, but still there is shimmer which can be a turn off to some people. Once I apply a powder over top the shimmer diminishes for the most part.

The packaging is a squeeze tube and it has whipped texture. It applies very smoothly.

This isn't a full coverage foundation in my eyes because I have very rosy cheeks and they're still slightly noticeable through the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by lovetoshop31

This foundation is amazing! If you are looking for full coverage without using concealer this foundation is for you! I used to use concealer (MAC or Kat Von D) as foundation.. no more! This foundation took the place of all of that and has been great. The light/medium is perfect for NC30 skintone. I use it daily and am always impressed with how long it holds up, I wear it to work daily and there are no smears or loss of coverage throughout the day. Wonderful foundation and just another of Tarte's products that I am over-impressed with!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ElaineLuvsMakeup

It took a while for me to get used to this foundation. At first I didn't really like it because it felt kind of slick and I was worried that with my oily skin, it would turn my face into a shiny mess by the middle of the day. However, it turns out that it does not do that, and that by the end of the day, my face still looks relatively matte. I am pretty satisfied with this foundation for a medium coverage (doesn't cover hyperpigmentations, I use concealer after this product to do that). I like Tarte's products because they claim to be more natural and don't use that many chemicals.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by myjoyfullife20

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am going through a terrible acne breakout/purging phase, and this product has been a godsend! It does an excellent job at covering up the redness and blemishes, as well as soothes my skin. When I put it on, my skin feels so much better, and I don't feel so ugly as most of my blemishes are concealed ;) It controls the oil pretty well, and doesn't dry out my skin. I give it 4 stars, because this product probably works best on oily skin, and not for those with dry skin because of the clay. It's also pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

I use Tarte's primer (purple tube) before applying this foundation then top off with Tarte's translucent finishing powder. This really makes the foundation last for a good 8 hours! Would highly recommend for those battling with acne breakouts and/or oily skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by secretcharm

I have oily acne-prone skin. I am an NC 15 in MAC or fair skin with
warm or maybe neutral undertones. The color Fair matches my skin tone
perfectly. I give this foundation one point for blendability, one
point for coverage and one point for natural ingredients. This
foundation blends like a dream. It is so creamy and mousse-like. The
coverage is good but I find that I have layer it two times to get the
coverage I want so it is a buildable foundation with medium to full
coverage foundation. The ingredients do not include parabens and other
bad ingredients, which is good. It's not the cleanest foundation but
it's okay. I took off one point because it's not long-lasting and I
took off another point because it emphasizes my pores like really
badly. It starts out looking matte then it gets my face very shiny
after a few hours. My routine includes washing my face with Eveline
Charles Nano Silver Cleanser then putting on Eminence Persimmon &
Cantaloupe Day Cream with SPF 32 then my Tarte Amazonian Clay
Foundation. In terms of price, it isn't the most expensive and it isn't the cheapest but for a high end foundation, there is a lot of product for the price, which is why I gave the price rating a four. The package is good because you won't be wasting product as it is a squeeze tube and it is easy to travel with.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by srussel9498

I have tried so many foundations and this one is by far one of the best. I love how this foundation goes on and it looks flawless. I love the Tarte line and this foundation is my favorite!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff kinda stinks.

I bought it when it was still a QVC-exclusive, and I was mainly swayed by the fat brush that they used to apply it. So I ordered it, I got the 2nd lightest shade (fair? light? what is the difference anyway between those words) and it matched my N20 face quite well. I like that it has a lot of yellow in it since I have a number of old zit marks. Score 1.
I bought it right as winter began in 2011 -- I was in love with the mousse-gel kinda texture. Totally easy to apply, and I *thought* it wore well, too.

I pulled it out recently to venture back into it, and actually a number of times throughout the summer too, thinking it'd act as oil control given its "clay" namesake. What went wrong? This stuff just sat on my face, emphasizing every nook and cranny and random dry flake of skin.

Despite wearing my regular Palladio primer, it slide off the edge of my chin and alongside my nose. I looked que horible at the end of my otherwise mundane desk work day. So I put it away. I pulled it out again recently. I'm not sure, either it was so fresh and good when I bought it or I had blinders on for this product. It feels greasy and grody as the day wears on (more than likely due to the high silicone content, too) and looks like an additional obscenely obvious layer on my face.

Son, I am disappoint.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by bombace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this so badly. I have dry skin, especially during the winter. I always use moisturizer before my foundation. It says the amazonian clay will cater to your skins needs; hydrating the dry places and absorbing oil in other places. This didn't happen in my case, HOWEVER, the texture is wonderful! Light and blends fantastically! It really does feel like a second skin. It's also made with no harsh ingredients which is a plus. I tried several times but after applying, I rechecked my skin several hours later and it was clinging to the dry patches, so I returned it. For normal to oily skin gals, I think you would love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by sdellinger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

IN love with this possible new HG foundation.

Let me start by saying I have extremely sensitive, picky, breakout prone skin. On top of that I am just all around picky about the type of foundation on my skin.

HIGHLIGHTS:
-gives amazing long last converage ( i have LONG days and am often on a plan for hours at a time so I really put my makeup to the test)
-I hardly have to touch up with this
-looks INCREDIBLE in all lighting (full sun, gross in door halogens, etc)
-my skin looks BRIGHT not dull with this foundation

and most importantly it DOES NOT break me out, so, so, so important.

The price is not bad for a HE foundation and a little bit goes a long way. I have not used it with the brush that is sold, just my fingers. I can't stress enough how happy this foundation has made me!!