Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 8/5/2013 1:24:00 PM

This foundation never seems to blend into the skin. Instead, it sits on top and easily wipes off on anything that touches your face. Even if you dont touch your face it seems to melt off or crease up quickly. I'm not very oily so I don't know why this would happen?) The coverage is decent but not totally full coverage. It definitely settles in the lines as wrinkles even when used with a primer and setting powder. I have used fingers, brushes, sponges, etc. still this foundation never looks natural, it oxidizes, it doesn't stay on very long, it emphasizes fine lines ad creases and it feels heavy on. Comes in a squeeze tube but feels more like a creamy mousy texture than a liquid. I will not buy this again.

I really love Tarte products. (Not so much of their customer service, but that's a whole other story.) I have tried this in numerous ways over the course of 2 months. I don't know why, but if this foundation is supposed to be formulated for oily skin, why does it oxidizes so terribly? I mean...Oopma-loompa status. As soon as I stepped out into natural sunlight...I knew I would never wear it again. Also, they really shouldn't be so quick to say full coverage. Its a good medium coverage, but it didn't cover my acne or scaring at all. I still had to go in with a concealer, which I don't have to do if I use my Revlon ColorStay Whipped. There are just too many things about this foundation that have made me very disappointed.
Wont repurchase and if I cant find someone to give it to... I am throwing it out.

on 8/4/2013 11:25:00 PM

this made my face looked like CRACKED POTTERY!!

When i first heard about amazonian clay I was eager to try it out, and after i did I am scared to try anything else with amazonian clay. When i initially applied it, it will look nice. But as it oxidizes it will start to separate and need to be rubbed in again or reapplied (because when rubbing to try and fix it, it removes.) when I made facial expressions like raising my eye brows, the separation is highly noticable inbetween my eyebrows (like in the desert when the soil cracks.. foudation seperates and u can see my skin through the cracks). Also, It doesnt clog my pores.. my pores are totally visable and accentuated because the foundation refuses to glide over the pore, it just forms AROUND the pores. try imagining dough with holes poked in it with toothpicks, thats how the foundation looked on me.

Its good if you are going somwhere real quick and back home, but 12 hours? giiiiirl you so cray. I refused to return it because I had already tried and returned 4 foundations prior to this one, so now its sitting in my makeup drawer.

on 7/31/2013 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I chose to wait to write a review for this foundation to see if I liked this product after about two months of usage, and I still love it as much as the first time I wore it! With super sensitive and fairly dry skin, finding a go-to foundation has been a difficult task for numerous years. In the past I've been a big big fan of Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation, and while that foundation is wonderful (but a bit pricey), I found it less long-wearing than what I was hoping for. I heard good things about this foundation and on a whim decided to purchase it at Sephora and boy am I thankful I did! This foundation is SUPER light weight- does not even feel like I'm wearing a full coverage foundation, and does not move throughout the day. I apply the foundation at 7am and even after a full day of activity it wears perfectly until night time. This foundation is perfect for dry skin types such as mine with redness on the cheeks. Great GREAT product overall!

EDIT: 8/14/14

I've found that this foundation really doesn't work very well with my dry skin in the winter. It definitely applies much better in the summer, although it's far too heavy for my liking during the summer months. I've knocked off two lippies because I'm not sure what happened but this foundation started making my pores look like giant craters- not a good look. It does cover very well but I find it clings to my dry patches like no other. Best for combo/oily skin!

on 7/28/2013 7:17:00 PM

I used this foundation for some time but I have yellow undertones and this foundation is pinkish which I hated. But I still wore it. At first I was ok with it, but then I started noticing that it makes all your imperfections stand out more. So I went back to sephora to look for something that wasn't pink -_-

Definitely not buying again.

on 7/28/2013 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Let me start by saying that I have very oily skin. I use foundations which provide good coverage because I have acne and hyperpigmenation. When I initially put this foundation on, it looked wonderful. But the reason it looked good was because it made my skin glow by adding more shine and oil to it. The moment that I tried to apply powder on top of it, the entire wondrous effect dissipated, and I could finally see that it does not cover as well as I had thought. The glow serves as an optical illusion. When my skin is shiny, then all of the imperfections become much less visible. But when you mattify it, then you can see all of the acne and discolorations. So if you have dry or normal skin and wear this foundation by itself, without powdering it, then maybe it will work well. But it just did not work for me at all. I couldn't even apply concealer on top of it because of how sticky the foundation is. And for the same reason I even had trouble applying powder. It's just very thick and sticky. I could not wait to get home and wash it off as soon as possible.

on 7/27/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have no idea why... This foundation got such good reviews .. The coverage is horrible supper streaky and super orange. I have tried better drugstore foundations I gave this foundation to my cousin who has flawless skin.. Which of course looks great on her. Don't get the hype of this....

on 7/22/2013 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was wandering through Sephora looking for a new foundation that I hadn't tried yet. This was one of the few I could find and I thought it might be good for my oily breakout prone skin. Not the case! This foundation comes in very few colors so it is hard to match and will never match perfectly. The packaging is nice looking, however it is always nicer to have a pump top. I tried this for a few days, but after just a couple of hours it was melting all over my face, making it one of the worst foundations I have tried for my oily skin! Also, as I was applying it, my skin would sometimes start burning. I also started getting some small bumps on my face and I couldn't tolerate the amount of oil melting off of my face! After 3 days or so I went back to my old foundation (MAC) and now I have finally found the perfect one for my skin (Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24hr) Maybe this product will work for people with dry skin, but I wouldn't use it if your skin is oily, or if you cannot find a color match. Another mostly full bottle of foundation sitting under my sink!

on 7/20/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love the coverage but it still made me oily in the middle of the day.. I was on my second bottle until i realized i wasn't loving it anymore.. I didnt last all day.. Still made me oily.. I had to keep blotting my face to keep me matte.. I love how it didnt give me large pores but i cant keep blotting my face all day..

on 7/18/2013 9:56:00 AM

I bought this product because i was tired of orange skin and extremely heavy foundations. I walked into Sephora and told the sales associate that I had oily skin around my T-zone and didn't want something that was going to clog my pores or dry my face out. She recommended Tarte's Amazonian Clay. When you first apply the foundation, it looks way too light until maybe a half hour after application. Just like one of the other reviewers, my chin breaks out after wearing this product for a week straight. I never had problems with that before.. I love the coverage and the finish but I think for $40, this "all natural" product could be a little better.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom