Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 10/27/2013 8:36:00 PM

I love this foundation. It feels light and silky on the skin but provides amazing coverage for my combination skin and lasts all day. A little bit goes a long way, so the price is worth it. I've had one tube for about eight months now and I have a few uses left. Will definitely be repurchasing.

on 10/27/2013 8:13:00 PM

I expected great things after reading some reviews on the Sephora website. Luckily, I was able to get my hands on a sample size of this before I spent the $36 for the full size. It's not a horrible product, just nothing special. Especially for the price--and the brush they say to use is separate for another $32! And NO way is this full coverage. Maybe if you just keep piling it on in which case you will need to buy a new one every month! I don't feel that it lasted all day either. So fail on both those claims. Save your money.

on 10/27/2013 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is the best foundation I've ever used. reading the reviews here, it seems to be a better fit more older ladies than younger ones. it's a buildable coverage, which I like. i am a classic ivory or a light in every other foundation I've ever used but had to buy the fair in this. I've heard that this foundation has yellow undertones so i had a SA at Sephora match my skintone & i'm yellow....so that's good. this makeup controls oil and does last all day without fading or separating. my skin looks SO good with this on...it's quite amazing, really. i also DO NOT have to use a primer to get these results. i just dot on more or less where i want coverage and use the brush to swirl on. i bought mine from QVC because you get the brush + makeup for $38. i could only give 4 lippies on pricing because IMO, $38 is a lot for a single makeup. i would buy again at the price because it IS worth every penny.

on 10/23/2013 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Hated it. Looked unnatural and cakey. Horrible coverage for acne and roseacea. The colors are really wierd, none of them matched me. Doesn't blend well at all. Just don't buy it. Please don't. The concept was nice, but it doesnt work for me.

on 10/22/2013 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this from QVC as part of a package with the application brush and foundation. I really like this product. It gives full coverage, is easy to apply and doesn't dry out my skin. They say it's 12 hour coverage and it really does last that long, or longer, so make sure to wash it off before bed.

on 10/22/2013 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Been using this founation for a few weeks now and I love it. I like the fact that it's medium to full coverage depending on how much product you use. The consistancey is thick but still easy to blend. The packaging is nice also, I like that it's in a tube and you sqeeze the prodict out. I squeeze onto my finger and dap all over my face. Coverage is medium to full and lasts all day even in hot humid weather. No breakouts as well:) For reference I got the color Tan-Deep Sand with yellow undertones. I'm a NC42 in MAC.

on 10/17/2013 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I really wanted to like this foundation, however I know everyone has different feelings towards this so I will just post my own.
First off, it does a horrible job at hiding my acne and acne scars. Being a full coverages foundation, I had high hopes for this.
Second off, it made me look cakey no matter how I applied it: with my fingers, a sponge, a brush, you name it. I just couldn't get this product to agree with me.
Third, and worst of all, it broke me out. :( HOWEVER, the colour match is wonderful and I love how its cruelty free and vegan. I would recommend this to other people, but I'll continue on my search for my HG foundation

UPDATE: oh my goodness, I ADORE this foundation! IGNORE THE TOP PART, CLEARLY I DID NOT KNOW WHAT I WAS SPEAKING OF!!!!!

Okay lovelies, I admit, I was wrong about this foundation by a bajillion times. Now, I figured out how to make it work with my acne. Although it does feel slightly heavy on my skin, it does not look cakey at all, nor does it show my breakouts, I don't even need concealer to cover my problem areas anymore! Thank you so much, Tarte! Thank you thank you thank you! Definitely the best foundation I've ever used so far

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is the only foundation I have repurchased three times in a row. I'm a bit of a junky when it comes to hoarding high end foundations; Chanel, Nars, Givenchy, Laura Mercier, and the list goes on. I have an obscene amount of different foundations and they are all medium to full coverage. This is a full coverage foundation, but very buildable. I use a UDPP face primer before I apply this with a flat top brush and buff it in. If there is any dryness, this foundation accentuates it, so a good moisturizer is important. I set it with a Laura Mercier powder and the result is seriously matte and flawless skin. I never even open my concealer anymore. I can really appreciate the yellowish undertones of this foundation, it evens out redness. I would buy it again and again.

on 10/15/2013 2:18:00 PM

Picked this up at Sephora before summer began as I needed a liquid foundation that would keep me matte. I was told by a beauty professional that this would go great with my skin type. The first time I used it, I loved it! I thought it gave me great coverage where I needed it. As the day went on, I found that it created new dry patches all over my face and the foundation clung to those spots! It dried my face out so much I couldn't wear face makeup for a week! Do NOT buy if you have sensitive and combo or dry skin!!!! It was also hard to blend it, I'm guessing because if the clay formula. Very disappointing for the price.

on 10/11/2013 8:11:00 PM

I used Tarte's BB Cream for a while and decided that it was time to give this foundation a try. I really enjoy it! I have super oily-teenage skin and this does a pretty good job at controlling that with a setting powder. I'm in the lightest shade which is a little but too light but it still blends nicely so you can't tell plus with winter coming up it should be perfect! It is a little pricey but you get 1.7 ounces which is almost twice as much as you get with a normal foundation. The packaging is super convenient and easy to travel with. Overall I'm really impressed! I will definitely be purchasing this again

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom