November 27, 2014 | 1614 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by bombace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this so badly. I have dry skin, especially during the winter. I always use moisturizer before my foundation. It says the amazonian clay will cater to your skins needs; hydrating the dry places and absorbing oil in other places. This didn't happen in my case, HOWEVER, the texture is wonderful! Light and blends fantastically! It really does feel like a second skin. It's also made with no harsh ingredients which is a plus. I tried several times but after applying, I rechecked my skin several hours later and it was clinging to the dry patches, so I returned it. For normal to oily skin gals, I think you would love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by sdellinger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

IN love with this possible new HG foundation.

Let me start by saying I have extremely sensitive, picky, breakout prone skin. On top of that I am just all around picky about the type of foundation on my skin.

HIGHLIGHTS:
-gives amazing long last converage ( i have LONG days and am often on a plan for hours at a time so I really put my makeup to the test)
-I hardly have to touch up with this
-looks INCREDIBLE in all lighting (full sun, gross in door halogens, etc)
-my skin looks BRIGHT not dull with this foundation

and most importantly it DOES NOT break me out, so, so, so important.

The price is not bad for a HE foundation and a little bit goes a long way. I have not used it with the brush that is sold, just my fingers. I can't stress enough how happy this foundation has made me!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Clairity

I bought this with the accompanying brush and the clean slate concealer. I have fair skin with strong yellow undertones that is very dry and sensitive. I needed a fundation with full coverage because I have quite a few dark marks from past breakouts, but I no longer have any active blemishes. I live in Southern California, where the climate is very dry, and now that it's winter, the cold has been exascerbating my dry, flaky patches. When I used this for the first week, I was happy with the color, but my skin is just a tinge more yellow. It's still the best match I've ever found. But even with moisturizing, and using the primer, this accentuated all the dry spots on my forehead, around my nose, and on my cheeks and chin. This made it look so cakey, and I was very frustrated. But then I started using the cetaphil moisturizing cream, and this made it glide on silky smooth. The coverage is pretty good, but not as much as revlon colorstay. It is much less harsh than colorstay, and doesn't dry out my skin more. Colorstay also oxidized and looked orangey on my skin, but this stays true to color. It doesn't last as long as colorstay, but it does last the promised 12 hours, and through my busy shifts at a coffee shop, and through class afterwards. I set it with MUFE super matte powder. This doesn't completely cover my darks marks, but they are made much less noticeable, so I don't bother with concealer. It doesn't really work for my dark circles, and settles into my undereye creases a bit, so I'm thinking of buying the tarte maracuja creaseless concealer for those, as I'm quite pleased with the primer and concealer. I'm also going to buy the translucent finishing powder when I'm done with my MUFE powder, since Tarte is all natural, and the MUFE super matte powder contains talc. It does cake up a bit around my nose, but it is water and transfer resistant, and with the primer, it makes my skin look pretty smooth. I can't wait to try to concealer and powder! And if the concealer and powder work well, I'll probably purchase Tarte's tinted moisturizer, and use the concealer for my dark marks and undereye circles, and just set it with the powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by melinehazarjeh

I just purchased this product and i have acne and they told me that this foundation is perfect for acne. Well i wore this foundation and at first i liked it . It was not full coverage but it was good. couple of hours later i looked at my self in the mirror and my face looked cakey. maybe i put too much foundation on and it did not look good on my skin. overall its an okay foundation .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Jaymeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have got to say this product changed my life and skin. I get compliments of smooth skin and a J.Lo glow, no joke. I have acne prone, deep scarring and oily t-zone with dry skin so my skin is a nightmare to try and conceal and this has worked wonders for me. I suggest to anyone saying it becomes flaky maybe use proper application brush, moisturizer and natural daylight or a asome make-up mirror (with light and micro-mirror).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by um3bosh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been on a search for a new primer/TM/foundation for combination skin (very oily t-zone, dry around chin) since MAC changed the formula of the Prep and Prime SPF 50 that I used with Sonia Kashuk's tinted moisturizer. I thought I'd try some different products because over the past few years I've started to get milia and thought maybe the MAC or the SK was responsible for this.

I tried the Amazonian clay with multiple oil-control lotions and primers (Murad, Roth, Boots, Cetaphil) and also without primer. I could never get this foundation to look good. It settles into every pore and accentuates every flake. It looks good from a few feet, but close up it is a total mess. I give it two stars because the texture feels lovely and the color match was decent.

I'm also trying the Amazonian Clay tinted moisturizer and so far I like this much better because it doesn't sink into my pores and doesn't emphasize flakiness. Verdict isn't in on the oil-control factor.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by linz152

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am another one who received this as a QVC TSV with a fluffy brush for application. At first, I didn't really like this product. Then I discovered I was using a bit too much. Once I backed off the amount I was using and blended this out well, I really liked it a lot. I wear this about 90% of the time. I do set my oilier areas with a little loose powder but this is a pretty matte foundation as is. I ordered it in the color Light and it's a very good match for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by kaykratz

When this product was originally introduced I was so excited, because it wasen't tested on animals and it seemed very natural and reliable. When I tried it in the store it seemed to have really worked for me. I have acne-prone skin, discoloration and oily skin (woo hoo) and I loved the coverage... but when I got home I was very much displeased.
The makeup seemed to have sat around all my blemishes. It maximized my pores and was so flaky. The worst part about this was I broke out. I ended up returning the product and I'm still on the hunt for another foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

I can honestly say I hated this foundation. It did not blend at all & the color , Light, was a weird shade of yellow. It doesn't help matters that QVC NEVER refunded me for the purchase price after I sent it back. So yeah, I shelled out $40+ just to try the gawd awful stuff. The brush included was no help at all. Seriously, this was over-all a terrible experience for me. Next time I risk that much cash, I will be buying from Sephora, although the nearest store is a 2 hr drive, at least I will have the ability to take it back to a physical store & be refunded immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by simms2013

I love this foundation. Tarte is known for being natural and for face products i have to say they are the best ive tried especially if you have acne prone skin. The only downside for me is i have dry skin in addition to acne prone skin so it is difficult bc foundations that don't break me out make my skin dry and foundations that won't make my skin dry break me out. Besides my skin being dry this foundation is amazing just make sure you moisturize very well beforehand. The coverage is very good just like it says and it feels very good on i feel like my skin is breathing which is always good thing right :p anyone who breaks out should try this!