August 27, 2014 | 1734 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The texture is strange. Its like a mousse cream. It covers like a medium coverage. Not a full coverage as advertised. It did seem to wear very well and stayed on my skin all day long. The color looked very natural and blended in well. It did however make me breakout. I don't know if it caused the breakouts or exacerbated my already acne prone skin. Whatever the case I'm not going to be trying this one out again in fear of a repeat from which my skin is still recovering from.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this as a set on QVC along with the brush. I like this foundation and I like the brush, but I don't use the brush to put the foundation on. I tried that and the brush seemed to absorb to much of the liquid. I used my fingers the second and I liked the results alot better. My skin is really wacky. This foundation will show dry patches if you have any. Apparently I have some I didn't know I had after using this lol. I think the coverage is a little more than medium. It blurred my scars alright. I liked the way it looked. I think this runs a little dark. I got medium and it was a good match and usually medium foundations are a bit light for me in the summer. Overall a good deal on QVC for the set and I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by TrueTatiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wouldn't have a problem with this foundation if it's name wouldn't contradict to its very nature. It's is not full coverage ( good luck layering it) and it's not 12-hour wear. The idea behind it is really nice though. I just think they Tarte misrepresented this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by mimieux7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After poking around Sephora, I asked the Beauty Advisor to recommend a full coverage foundation for my super oily, acne prone skin. I had been using Clinique's Repairwear foundation and LOVED it, but they had the brilliant idea to reformulate and now it just isn't full coverage and is way to full of silicones. So, the BA matched me with a color-fair and I bought it. Well, it is NOT full coverage and is too slippery upon application. I hate that companies fill these products with 'cones. It also sits on skin in a way that doesn't look natural and really settles in pores showing every single imperfection. As to the 12 hour wear, totally false advertising. I will be returning and looking for something else. If you have perfect skin and want a moderate coverage foundation with a semi-matte look, this is for you, but don't count on 12 hour wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by tltharp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The idea of this is interesting, but it is not worth the price. It just kind of sits on my face. It is not full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I tried this on a whim and I LOVE it!

I have used Teint Miracle for some time, and though I really love it, I found that it disappeared quickly, too quickly for me. It also gets too shimmery for my tastes at the end of the bottle. I was almost out and I was ready for something new. . . .

So I went to my local Beauty Brands, really just to look at their Too Faced stuff - and lo and behold they carry Tarte now, too. I've liked their natural line for some time, but was scared off by the "full coverage" claims on this foundation - and the small shade selection - but I went for it, anyway.

I purchased Ivory since I have a lot of pink undertones and it matches perfectly. I used Oil of Olay as a moisturizer and have no issues with dry patches, slippage, oxidation, or anything else. My skin is extremely sensitive, so much so that trying new things is always a calculated risk, but this doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, it feels lighter than my Teint Miracle, if that's possible.

What I really like is the coverage - it says "full" but it's medium, at best, and I think it would be difficult to build. For my purposes, it's perfect though. It actually is pretty dewy and gives a nice glow, and I swear my skin tone has actually improved since starting to use this. Weird, but true. I set this with PP and only on the hottest days, when I've probably overapplyed moisturizer, does it budge. The color match is perfect, too. A tiny amount on a damp sponge works just fine. I have uneven tone that I try to cover, and this does very well for that purpose.

It certainly isn't cheap, but none of these foundations are anymore. And I don't care much for the brush they try to sell with it, at least for applying this foundation -

I do think that if you can find a good match in the limited shade selection, it's a good bet to try - and the natural ingredients are an added plus.

Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by ashleecrews

I really do love this foundation. I only gave it a 4 because it claims to be full coverage while it definitely is not. I guess you COULD layer it, but this is not a layering foundation for me. I got the lightest shade and it is still a little dark so the more I add the darker it looks. I really do love the consistency, I love that it is a clay foundation. It blends very easily. It covers my acne scarring. I still see some breakouts through, but I have learned to live with my skin. I will be purchasing this again, though it is not necessarily a steal at $40.00.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do love this foundation because of the feel of it and the coverage it provides. It's creamy, last's a long time and would purchase again. One of Tarte's star products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by redangel21

I have been in LOVE with this foundation for about 4 months now.
First, the colour is so great, I have slight pink undertones and I'm in the colour Ivory in this foundation. It is great, it doesn't have any ridiculous bright pink/red tones to it (like a lot of drugstore ones) it is very natural/subtle looking, you can't really see the pinks in it.. I have a lot of trouble finding one to match my skin tone.
2nd, the coverage is great, it covers the unevenness of my skin tone easily.
3rd, it lasts really well, all day for sure.
4th, feels great on, smooth and not cakey.

I recommend applying this with a brush, it can be any type of foundation brush, doesn't have to be the Tarte $30 dollar one, I use a cheap $1 elf brush and it works great. This is not a foundation I recommend applying with fingers.

The only problem that i find with this foundation is it drys out my skin a little, but I have very sensitive skin. If I wear it every day for a couple weeks, my skin does get pretty dry. But I have fixed that by taking a break from it during the weekend.
Other than that it is my favourite foundation I have ever tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is similar in quality to Tarts tinted moisturizer but i dont like it quite as well. I think it gives medium coverage but not full. It has a light whipped consistency. I apply it with a damp flat top buffer brush so that it doesnt apply cakey. It gives a nice matte finish and very light weight feel but it can be drying and hard to apply so i knocked off a star. I think it is worth trying but for now i will stick to their smooth operator. Tarte is a cruelty free company.

update- like many others have mentioned, this makes be break out a bit so I will not be using this anymore.