October 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

I can honestly say I hated this foundation. It did not blend at all & the color , Light, was a weird shade of yellow. It doesn't help matters that QVC NEVER refunded me for the purchase price after I sent it back. So yeah, I shelled out $40+ just to try the gawd awful stuff. The brush included was no help at all. Seriously, this was over-all a terrible experience for me. Next time I risk that much cash, I will be buying from Sephora, although the nearest store is a 2 hr drive, at least I will have the ability to take it back to a physical store & be refunded immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by simms2013

I love this foundation. Tarte is known for being natural and for face products i have to say they are the best ive tried especially if you have acne prone skin. The only downside for me is i have dry skin in addition to acne prone skin so it is difficult bc foundations that don't break me out make my skin dry and foundations that won't make my skin dry break me out. Besides my skin being dry this foundation is amazing just make sure you moisturize very well beforehand. The coverage is very good just like it says and it feels very good on i feel like my skin is breathing which is always good thing right :p anyone who breaks out should try this!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by nursedye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This goes on beautifully and makes my skin look flawless using the awesome brush that goes with it. It even looks great applied with my fingers or a sponge. My problem is that it just doesn't have the staying power it promises. I am a nurse and I work 12 hour shifts. I don't have time to touch up. If you can reapply a little midday, this would be a great foundation because I love the texture and beautiful natural finish it gives my skin. It doesn't crease and accentuate my fine lines like other long wear foundations do.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by libbym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mousse-like consistency. satin finish, medium coverage.
Has not irritated my acne-prone, sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by mareihcrooz

This is a medium coverage foundation. I hate misleading coverage claims! I have no pimples or skin troubles but I do have freckles and this barely covers them. If you are really are looking for full coverage I recommend Illasque's Rich Liquid.
Now with that being said, this is a good medium coverage foundation. It is very creamy feeling and I actually like its texture. The color choices are limited. I have a sample in Light and I dont know whether to buy this or not because I still dont feel like its dark/yellow enough for me, while the other colors are too pink or way too dark. I apply it with the Sigma F80 and it looks amazing once its blended in. I like the packaging and if I were to buy it I would get it from QVC, you get their brush and their foundation for about the same price as you would get just the foundation at Sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Nice coverage, good match, but gave me cystic acne after a 2 week trial. 4 or 5 really deep cysts on my cheeks, both sides if my nose... I was breakout free before I tried it, for many months. This is the only change I made. Oh well. Now its going to probably be a month before I'm healed up again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Evilyn1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this product when it came out! I first bought the foundation and recommended brush at Sephora (individual prices). I went home and tried it on, and I felt the shade the Tarte rep who was there that day helped me pick was too dark. They didnt have the next color down, so I went on QVC's website. Lo and behold, they had the shade I wanted AND the Bamboo brush in a bundle and the price was so good I pretty much got the brush for free! it shipped and got to be in a week or so, and the shade I chose from them was perfect! I loved everything about it! The brush is amazing too. I have yet to even finish half the tube, as a little goes a long way. It's thick, but spreads and blends like a dream. It is a full coverage foundation, but it does NOT feel thick or heavy, and honestly, it feels luxurious. I could probably wear it without powder, but I add powder just to "finish" the look and feel complete. It really is worth every penny! I would prefer a flip top lid, and I can see how the price could be high for some people. But that does not take away from the quality of the product itself.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Msruvi

When I first found out that Tarte was coming out with this product I was so excited! I love the blushes especially with the clay I couldn't wait to try this! The fact that it was full coverage made me want it more.I really really wanted to love this product let alone like it.

At first I did!I bought this in light and light-medium. it is full coverage i rarely needed to use a concealer to hide anything. Its a mousse consistency so it doesn't take much to cover my face which is a plus considering the cost. Overall, the foundation was lightweight and didn't feel thick or heavy on. I felt like my face could still "breathe" even though i had a full face of foundation on.

I purchased both colors because i found that the light-medium was too dark of a shade for my skin and oxidized a bit which made me look a tad orange-y. I got the color light which ended up being a hair too light for me. After mixing the two together, i was happy with the color.

I never broke out with this foundation but i found that it wore away very unevenly. At the end of my day I could tell where the product had worn away and where portions were left. I just looked very patchy even after 6 hours. I tried switching primers, changing my moisturizing routine (which if i had to change that just to get a foundation to work, says a lot right there.) No matter what i did, I looked patchy. Also, i found that if i applied too much of it it just looked bad. Almost like i was walking around with a thick paste on my face.

My relationship with this foundation went from love at first sight, to a bad, very bad, romance. I had high hopes for this foundation, but it failed to live up to my expectations. Overall, the fact that i had to purchase two colors to match my skin, the potential paste face if I wasn't careful, and because of the patchwork left on my face I will not be repurchasing this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Daniela7474

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HORRIBLE.

Now, let me be more specific.

How can I accurately describe this foundation?

Let me put it this way. First, think of funeral parlor makeup. Okay, THIS IS WORSE.

It's thick and pasty, wears off unevenly and it will clog your pores. At least, this is how it was for me.

I actually looked ROUGH by the end of the day, because of this ''foundation.''

My skin broke out all over the place. I tried to give it chance, but after 15 days, I went to the dermatologist and he told me that he has seen several women with reaction to this stuff.

Bottom line, STAY AWAY!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ameliakatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been wearing this for 3 weeks and love it! It may dry your skin out, I have very sensitive combination skin, so the first week this was exasperating the dry areas on my face. I started wearing a good moisturizer underneath, and haven't had any issues since. It has very full coverage, and a little goes a long way. That $40 tube will probably last me 4-6 months, we'll see how much I use it in the winter when my skin is drier. It's an easy product because the coverage is so great, you don't need concealer. Love it.