Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

I love this. I've been breaking out even though I'm on prescription medicine. I used this and my breakout was gone!!! I don't know how it worked so well but it did and I'm so glad. It removes my eye makeup too (even though I'm sure its too harsh to use on the eyes) No negatives side effects yet. I've been using it for about 2 weeks. :)

on 4/26/2007 12:58:00 AM

I have used the Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser last year, and it left me a good impression. After extreme irritation from using Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean Foaming Cleanser and Toner, I was still left with a few breakouts, bumps, cystic acne and redness. I thought I might give this a try, since it has a low dose of salicylic acid (could probably clear up the breakouts) and says it's safe for sensitive skin. After two days, my skin looks a lot better, less breakouts and redness. Don't know how well it removes makeup because I always use a separate makeup remover. Even if one day I decide to use another cleanser, I might still keep one in the bathroom for use when my skin gets its monthly hormonal breakouts :D

on 4/23/2007 8:35:00 PM

I use to be a huge Cetaphil user, but I hated how it left my face feeling tight. I can say after using this product I will never go back to Cetaphil again! After washing my face, my skin feels so soft and smooth! I've never had a problem with any Aveeno products, and this just adds to that list! Will **DEF** buy again!!

on 4/14/2007 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have very sensitive skin, with an oily t-zone and dry spots... and I love this cleanser. After using it my skin feels so soft. I have even noticed a little change in my overall complexion. It also takes off all of my makeup. I have not noticed dramatic improvements of my adult acne, but it does not increase breakouts. The pump tends to get stuck, which somewhat bothers me. EDIT: They changed the pump... works great! Would buy again! continued >>

I love this face wash! It's gentle, leaves my skin clean and fresh without overdrying it or leaving an oily residue. It doesn't smell bad, and even takes off my mascara. I'm on my third bottle and plan to buy again. I have oily skin and can break out a little on my chin and this seems to keep me under control as long as I use it day and night and don't go to bed w/ makeup on.

on 4/10/2007 9:44:00 PM

Umm, nice pump bottle packaging. That is about the only nice thing I have to say about this. I'm not going to go into too much detail because there are already so many reviews, and it looks like this cleanser is really hit or miss on a case by case basis. BUT this broke me out worse that I have broken out in years and years. Usually I just have some blackheads on my nose and the occasional whitehead. With this my forehead, cheeks, and chin all broke out horribly and the blackheads on my nose got ten times worse. It was like I was transported back to teenage years before I discovered the dermatologist. I used this for two months -- I persevered because it came highly recommended and I just couldn't believe it was making my skin so bad on its own. But when I finally gave up and switched cleansers my skin was 80% better within two weeks.

A good cleanser. It washes off easily, doesn't feel like it leaves a residue, non drying on my (normal/combo) skin, it cleans and removes makeup fairly well. Although I feel it needs 2 o 3 pumpings to dispense a good amount, and the foam is not too foamy. I compare it to Lancome's Mousse Clarte, which I have used for a long time, Aveeno on comparison feels like a thicker mousse, not as airy.

on 3/28/2007 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used to wash my face whit the neutrogena oil-free cleanser whit salycic acid but i switched to this one and i prefer the Aveeno one. It's more gentle on sensetive skin and it feels and smells amazing.

on 3/20/2007 4:11:00 PM

I love this product. It really has helped me with my breakouts and believe me when I say I have tried many, many things. I liked it better than both Vichy Normaderm and Biotherm Acnopur!! The pump gets stuck sometimes, but the scent is amazing and really clears up the skin!

on 2/18/2007 9:08:00 PM

I was using this cleanser from about 4 years ago to just recently. When I first tried it my face was in good shape, then as I got older I started to breakout more often, but if I did the cleanser seemed to get rid of it in a few days. My face was always pretty much clear until recently maybe around a year ago, I would break out and the pimples would just stay there, like the cleanser just stopped working on me. So I got sick of buying when it didn't even work. Then I got on proactiv, that was a nightmare. So I don't know, it worked for like 3 years then nothing, my skins feels like crap now, used to be very nice.