November 26, 2014 | 1662 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I didn't care for the smell of it, and I found it to be overly drying to my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2007 11:52:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love this product. When I was 16 or 17 it was HG for me. It was the perfect soft foaming cleanser that takes away makeup and grime and leaves your face smooth. However I found it has this adaptive effect, where my face just got used to it and it wouldnt curb the breakouts. I stopped using it and switched to a different cleanser and the breakouts lessened. BHAs and Salicylic acid have that effect on my skin though, so perhaps this is a personal hit and miss situation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by hmori328

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite cleanser that I've ever tried! The scent smells very clean and natural, and it does a great job of getting my makeup off. My only complaint is that the pump on mine broke. The cleanser already comes out in a lather, and I always feel so refreshed after I use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by mascara_junkie

I bought this to help with my acne, after hearing from a friend how excellent it is......unfortunatly, it doesn't do much. It's very gentle, and leaves my skin nice and soft, but it doesn't do anything about my acne. I like the bottle and the pump, but this was about 13.00 CAN, too expensive for me (I'm still in high school)....a nice product, but not what I had hoped for.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2006 3:15:00 PM More reviews by breathlessaddict

I'm always looking for products to improve my skin, and turned to Aveeno because of their "natural" products. I like this cleanser for a couple of reasons- it has a lovely scent, 2 pumps is enough for a good cleanse (so the bottle would last a good 6 months) and it seems to be non-drying. I don't think it really prevented breakouts, but it's a good cleanser to get that clean feeling before bed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by mango012

I love the Aveeno line because it is very gentle. The Clear complexion foaming cleanser was no exception. I loved the foam texture of the cleanser and the light smell that it had. It has a very low percentage of Salicylic acid, a major ingredient found in acne products, so it didn't irritate my skin. The reason I gave it a 4 and not a 5 was because it didn't get rid of my acne but didn't contribute to any breakouts either. In other words, it's not a miracle worker, but I prefer it over my Shiseido pureness cleanser because it gives me the same results at half the cost.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2006 12:21:00 PM More reviews by dextera3

This was an okay cleanser, but it did not noticeably improve my complexion or make it any clearer. I didn't think it was any better than other cleansers I've tried. However, I did like bottle and how the cleanser came out in a foam.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2006 1:25:00 PM More reviews by puckish2

I hated this stuff. It completely dried out my skin, and did nothing to help prevent breakouts. I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Ali1865

This is an overall great cleanser. It's very gentle & doesn't completely strip your face of it's natural oils. I use this cleanser morning and night and it removes my makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and balanced. I will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this product, it's the best cleanser I've used so far, but it's not perfect so I took one lippie off. It smells nice, cleans perfectly (even my makeup), and it's not harsh (not like most acne cleansers) but I do need to moisturize after or I will feel a little tightness around my forehead. I don't know about the clear complexion, cause I just bought this 3 days ago, it sure didn't give me any pimples after so assume that it works. Just don't depend on it to do a miracle for your existing acne.