Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

I love this face wash! It's gentle, leaves my skin clean and fresh without overdrying it or leaving an oily residue. It doesn't smell bad, and even takes off my mascara. I'm on my third bottle and plan to buy again. I have oily skin and can break out a little on my chin and this seems to keep me under control as long as I use it day and night and don't go to bed w/ makeup on.

on 4/10/2007 9:44:00 PM

Umm, nice pump bottle packaging. That is about the only nice thing I have to say about this. I'm not going to go into too much detail because there are already so many reviews, and it looks like this cleanser is really hit or miss on a case by case basis. BUT this broke me out worse that I have broken out in years and years. Usually I just have some blackheads on my nose and the occasional whitehead. With this my forehead, cheeks, and chin all broke out horribly and the blackheads on my nose got ten times worse. It was like I was transported back to teenage years before I discovered the dermatologist. I used this for two months -- I persevered because it came highly recommended and I just couldn't believe it was making my skin so bad on its own. But when I finally gave up and switched cleansers my skin was 80% better within two weeks.

A good cleanser. It washes off easily, doesn't feel like it leaves a residue, non drying on my (normal/combo) skin, it cleans and removes makeup fairly well. Although I feel it needs 2 o 3 pumpings to dispense a good amount, and the foam is not too foamy. I compare it to Lancome's Mousse Clarte, which I have used for a long time, Aveeno on comparison feels like a thicker mousse, not as airy.

on 3/28/2007 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used to wash my face whit the neutrogena oil-free cleanser whit salycic acid but i switched to this one and i prefer the Aveeno one. It's more gentle on sensetive skin and it feels and smells amazing.

on 3/20/2007 4:11:00 PM

I love this product. It really has helped me with my breakouts and believe me when I say I have tried many, many things. I liked it better than both Vichy Normaderm and Biotherm Acnopur!! The pump gets stuck sometimes, but the scent is amazing and really clears up the skin!

on 2/18/2007 9:08:00 PM

I was using this cleanser from about 4 years ago to just recently. When I first tried it my face was in good shape, then as I got older I started to breakout more often, but if I did the cleanser seemed to get rid of it in a few days. My face was always pretty much clear until recently maybe around a year ago, I would break out and the pimples would just stay there, like the cleanser just stopped working on me. So I got sick of buying when it didn't even work. Then I got on proactiv, that was a nightmare. So I don't know, it worked for like 3 years then nothing, my skins feels like crap now, used to be very nice.

on 2/3/2007 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It's strange, when I first started using this product it did wonders for my combination light acne prone skin. I would use this twice a day (morning and night) in conjunction with the same moisturizer. It was great, but after purchasing this product for a while it started to make my skin tight and it really aggrivated the dry areas. I was sorely disappointed because I thought I had found my HG of facial cleansers.
But I suggest trying it. The cleanser is not as expensive as the moisturizer, it cleanses well, smells great and leaves behind no residue. The packaging is awesome and it travels well (I'm a college student so travel and versatility is important!).

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have oily-combo sensitive skin with mild rosacea and prone to breakouts in the T zone. I have been using this cleanser for almost a year and I'm really happy with it! It has salicylic acid (BHA) in it which is a recommended blemish fighter for people with sensitive or rosacea-prone skin (benzoyl peroxide is not recommmended) and the foaming action is really nice. Cleansers for acne prone skin are usually too harsh for sensitive skin so this is a good alternative.

on 1/10/2007 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't care for the smell of it, and I found it to be overly drying to my skin.

on 1/9/2007 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used to love this product. When I was 16 or 17 it was HG for me. It was the perfect soft foaming cleanser that takes away makeup and grime and leaves your face smooth. However I found it has this adaptive effect, where my face just got used to it and it wouldnt curb the breakouts. I stopped using it and switched to a different cleanser and the breakouts lessened. BHAs and Salicylic acid have that effect on my skin though, so perhaps this is a personal hit and miss situation.