October 20, 2014 | 1449 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2006 3:15:00 PM More reviews by breathlessaddict

I'm always looking for products to improve my skin, and turned to Aveeno because of their "natural" products. I like this cleanser for a couple of reasons- it has a lovely scent, 2 pumps is enough for a good cleanse (so the bottle would last a good 6 months) and it seems to be non-drying. I don't think it really prevented breakouts, but it's a good cleanser to get that clean feeling before bed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by mango012

I love the Aveeno line because it is very gentle. The Clear complexion foaming cleanser was no exception. I loved the foam texture of the cleanser and the light smell that it had. It has a very low percentage of Salicylic acid, a major ingredient found in acne products, so it didn't irritate my skin. The reason I gave it a 4 and not a 5 was because it didn't get rid of my acne but didn't contribute to any breakouts either. In other words, it's not a miracle worker, but I prefer it over my Shiseido pureness cleanser because it gives me the same results at half the cost.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2006 12:21:00 PM More reviews by dextera3

This was an okay cleanser, but it did not noticeably improve my complexion or make it any clearer. I didn't think it was any better than other cleansers I've tried. However, I did like bottle and how the cleanser came out in a foam.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2006 1:25:00 PM More reviews by puckish2

I hated this stuff. It completely dried out my skin, and did nothing to help prevent breakouts. I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Ali1865

This is an overall great cleanser. It's very gentle & doesn't completely strip your face of it's natural oils. I use this cleanser morning and night and it removes my makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and balanced. I will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this product, it's the best cleanser I've used so far, but it's not perfect so I took one lippie off. It smells nice, cleans perfectly (even my makeup), and it's not harsh (not like most acne cleansers) but I do need to moisturize after or I will feel a little tightness around my forehead. I don't know about the clear complexion, cause I just bought this 3 days ago, it sure didn't give me any pimples after so assume that it works. Just don't depend on it to do a miracle for your existing acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2006 1:53:00 AM More reviews by sheepishgurl

to start off with i have very very sensitive skin, i break out, and my skin can get dry in some places, i had high hopes for this product falling for the "clear complexion" name. i was very wrong indeed. this stripped my face burning it creating a nast film on the sides of my face. i used this for a bit until i could take it no longer and dumped it... i definitely wont repurchase.. i wont recommend this for people with extra sensitive skin

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2006 1:32:00 AM More reviews by onlypanties

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Whats with the awful reviews? Hubby and I are on our 3rd bottle. Hubby has oily and acne type skin, while I have normal to dry skin. This bottle is my everyday cleanser. Removes makeup easily and without tugging. I have noticed no new break outs on hubby or myself. The pump did "go funky" on one of our bottles, nothing major. We both enjoy that once you pump you get the foam.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Midnight_Orchid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this to be a very nice, gentle cleanser with a small amount of BHA in it. Not strong enough to do any real blemish fighting but it's still a very nice cleanser. I'd recommend it for combo/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by emerald013

When i was in my pre-teens I used Aveeno positively radiant to cleanse my face, and that worked fine until a few years later i started having minor blemishes. I had accidentally bought the foaming cleanser, so i started using it, and had great results. It was soft and seemed to work nicely as a somewhat gentle but also breakout-fighting wash. I have moved on to a more active oil-fighting/breakout-controlling skincare regimen - the aveeno just didn't cut it anymore, it was either too gentle or left too much of a film. But sometimes I take a break from my daily scrub and use this, or my cetaphil, as another option, and I have no complaints. Overall: good product to use on normal-to-slightly-oily skin, but should be used in conjunction with a stronger product. Works as promised.
EDIT: i've just gone back to this stuff after using sephora's TESS normal skin kit... that was wayy too harsh for my poor skin and stripped my skin/made me more oily/caused more blemishes... but now i'm back to this, and in 2 days my skin has calmed down, evened its tone, and stopped being so oily and aggravated. thank you aveeno!