July 30, 2014 | 1853 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful foundation. Perfect coverage and texture not too heavy or too sheer. Really really easy to blend. You could probably put this on in the dark and it would still look okay! I feel like it doesn't last all day but it's so easy to touch up during a quick bathroom break that it's no big deal. You don't have to mess around blending and powdering. Also you only need a tiny pump for half a face. Super, natural finish and my skin feels comfortable with it on. This one is a winner. I really love it.

I just wanted to update...this is an AMAZING product. Out of all I have tried since they discontinued my old fave. Ive tried revlon colorstay, photo ready, EL double wear, bare essentials, maybe line fit me, Lise waiter and i even paid a fortune for christian dior..can't believe how many I have bought. This foundation is gorgeous, and natural. Gives a very young glow, when I put it on my skin looks like it did when I had just washed my face as a child, it just has a lovely finish and looks like you are wearing no make up at all. Today I slapped this on then worked 6 hours straight in the backyard, cleaned the gutters and cut the grass...my skin still looked great no oiliness or patchiness, it wore really well. I have my new fave.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by suddenlysunny

Repurchase? Yes

Price: I paid a little over $30 AUD at priceline

Shade: I chose the lightest color, 51 Vanille Claire. There wasn't that big of a shade range so ladies with darker skin tones might not find a match.

Product: This foundation claims to be "16 hours radiance boosting even, revived complexion." On the back of the bottle it also claims to be light coverage with a semi-matte undetectable finish. First of all, it does not wear 16 hours, but I did not expect it to. I found this foundation to have buildable medium coverage on me. It has a very natural almost undetectable finish but if you choose to build this foundation you can expect to have it become more made up looking. A natural finish is important to me as I go to a private independent school and makeup is not allowed. If you are caught you get handed a makeup wipe and a detention slip. I do not like detention but I also dislike having my skin problems on full show. It is a fine line I risk getting close to. Lol. So far this has not broken me out or irritated my skin although it smells strongly of a fruity perfume maybe?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by mazlovesbetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a truly, truly great product. It is rare to find a foundation with decent coverage that doesn't look caked on and still gives your skin a healthy glow. My dry skin loved this and any dry patches I have had have completely gone away. I have also noticed my skin has improved overall.
The thing I like about this product is that it isn't too orange. I am very pale, and normally foundations with reasonable coverage simply don't match my skin tone. Even though the lightest shade they offered was a little bit too dark, when I put it on it blended fantastically and didn't leave me with a tide mark.
Something I also really like is the packaging. It is simple and doesn't take up excess space in my make up bag. The pump dispenses just the right amount to cover the whole face and hasn't yet been clogged.
I find that with this foundation, a little goes a long way and the texture is fantastic. A tiny blob on the end of a finger is enough to cover a whole cheek, it is very smooth and easy to spread across the skin before setting of any kind occurs.
I think that the price is good for the product. It feels good quality and smells lovely, I havent ever tried very high end foundations but I don't really see how they could do much better. Also, like I mentioned earlier, a little goes a long way.
Overall, I don't have any problems with it. I suppose that I do use powder to set it (a small amount of lily lolo porcelain helps to ensure it matches my skin tone perfectly and doesn't rub off) but this is the same with many foundations, and once it is set it stays put for hours. It also tends to leave my skin looking dewy and glowing even through a dusting of powder. I haven't ever had to apply layer upon layer to achieve good coverage, although my skin is fairly good so this may be different for people with scarring or acne. I also don't know how this would behave on those with very oily skin, but for dry skin it is a holy grail product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I like it,but I don't love it.
I quite like the fragrance - it's subtle and doesn't hang around. It doesn't upset my sensitive skin. The colours suit me. Coverage is okay and over all feel is lovely.
I don't love it because lighter-coloured particles settle in open pores on cheekbones and accentuate them. I had a shiny nose within two hours. (My skin's not oily)
Perhaps I should have purchased the Original Healthy Mix.

+++ Edited review! I now love this product!!! It was the application that was dodgy. I now use Real Techniques Stippling Brush, use less product and it is smooth, silky and fantastic!!! Have boosted my rating accordingly!!! Definitely THE BEST drugstore foundation ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by SarahOliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this foundation for the first time today, I had heard a lot of good things about it and so I decided to get it as it was on a 3 for 2 promotion, I always find that matching foundations myself is a bit tricky especially because the lighting in the shops are not that great and also because the mirrors are a bit small, so I got the number 53 which is a bit lighter my other foundations but a good colour because mine fluctuates on whether I have used fake tan or not! Its quite a sheer foundation which is great for a natural look for summer, one pump is enough to do the whole of my face which is so nice as I don't end up wasting any of the product. It smells nice and gives a semi-matte look so you still end up having a natural glow! For a high street makeup product this is one of the best I have found, and will look into this brand more now as their quality is superior to what I thought at first!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first bourjois foundation and I'm very happy with it. It's great on my dry skin - it applies well with fingers, isn't cakey and it gives a nice, semi-matt finish. It smells like fruit and one pump is enough to do your entire face.
The foundation has quite light coverage and looks very natural. The bottle it comes in is completely sealed so the foundation should last a good while without drying out or being unhygienic.

The only reason it's not 5 lippies is because of the colour range - I've got the lightest shade and it's really a little too dark for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mm14

Full Coverage. Blends Beautifully and even has a nice smell.! Such an affordable price for such a good product. Make sure to really rub into skin to not look cakey but overall a wonderful foundation! Any blemishes on the skin will DISAPPEAR! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by portillosa

I have a very sensitive skin, so just one use of a wrong product makes my skin itchy, red spots and small pimple like spots on my skin. I've been searching for a good foundation that will cover my imperfections, tried products like vichy cream tint (also good for my oily sensitive skin) but after a few use gives my face a break out. I also tried Maybelline eraser anti- age which gives a good coverage for my face first few uses but then later on made my face flaky. Loreal foundations are also not good for my oily/sensitive skin. Until I came across with Bourjois foundation at a local drugstore. I tried it on my hand searching for the right shade, and when I found the right one close to my shade I put a small amount on my face to my pimple area. I know it's crazy but I just want to find out if it will react to my sensitive skin specially to the damaged area. To my surprise it covered my pimple like a concealer effect and the redness was almost not visible. So I put more to see how it will blend on my face, when I got home it got absorbed in my skin giving me a more natural effect. Now I don't even use concealer for my under eye area because it covers dark circles around my eyes. It's also not making my face oily, to my surprise even on my T-zone, I don't even need to put powder or retouch. I am on my 2nd day. I am just waiting for some changes if it will give me break out just like the other products I've tried before. But I have a positive feeling with this one. I will update after a month or so.

===================================
after two months of use, I was puzzled why my under eye skin was getting dull and dry, so I thought maybe the serum foundation so when I apply it on my skin I carefully avoid my under eye area. Maybe my under eye is too sensitive for this product. Still I recommend this but be careful on the eye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by PandaEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in shade 55 Beige Fonce/ Dark Beige, it is an absolutely perfect match!! It spreads sooo well! I don't need any moisturiser because it's really moisturising but doesn't look oily at all, it's actually matte without looking dry either! The consistency is brilliant, it doesn't cake at all and it's buildable. It gives me a flawless look without being detectable at all. The only thing that I would maybe improve is it's durability, but it's totally fine if you're not touching your face often :) would definitely recommend this product! Try ebay for a cheaper price than £10.99!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* ME - NC25-30 (medium-to-light beige with yellow undertones). Normal to dry, drier in the winter.
* REVIEW - I was in the market for a photo-friendly foundation without SPF and based on the raves here and in the beauty blogosphere, I had to try this out. I purchased this foundation in No. 53 Beige Clair / Light Beige and it’s a perfect match for my NC25-30 skin tone. After using this for the past few months, I’m happy to report that this did not disappoint.
* PLUSES:
+ Moisturizing on my normal to dry skin, especially so in the winter
+ Lightweight, easy to apply consistency
+ Results in a natural healthy semi-matte dewy finish. Not greasy, oily or gross. This is not cakey and it does not transfer easily either
+ Light / sheer coverage
+ Nice packaging with easy-to-identify red cap with hygienic pump that doesn't clog up and it dispenses properly each time!
+ Did not clog my pores and did not break me out either
+ Photo-friendly!
* MINUSES:
- Strong fruity fragrance
- Not enough coverage for visible scars or dark under eye circles
- Formula is not really build-able; concealer is still required for blemishes and skin imperfections
- Does not last the 16 hours as claimed, maybe 8 hours at best with primer underneath and setting powder on top.
* PRICE - About €18 at all drugstores.
* VERDICT - Bourjois is a good quality drugstore brand foundation at a fair price point. It evens out the skin tone and makes my skin look nice, natural and with that healthy, dewy finish. I would repurchase.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No