November 26, 2014 | 1578 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by edivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i like this a lot. removes all the dead skin from the surface of your face. i considered buying the clarisonic and decided to give this a try first. i'm glad i did ! gives a great exfoliation. makes your skin feel baby soft !!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by sunlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, let me say that I do like this product: I feel that it works well and did improve the texture of my skin. That being said, I would also like to say that you really can get pretty much the same results with a regular facial cleaning brush that you can buy at Sally's or probably even like Walgreens or something. I really liked this product when I first bought it because it definitely helped to improve my skin texture. I noticed my pores looked smaller; I guess because my skin was being cleansed more deeply. I did feel, however, that the brush lacked a little power, so I had to make up for it manually. I began to become a bit discouraged with my purchase after the batteries died, and I started having to just manually scrub alone. The results are pretty much the same, so I realized that I wasted, like, $23 when I could have bought a $2 facial brush from Sally's or something. So yes, this product is helpful, but in the end, I would not recommend it.

Okay, EDIT: After finally buying some new batteries, I realized that it actually does work much better with the extra power behind it. My skin is smoother and the pores are smaller.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by joeboogie1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this brush! I bought it a couple days after my birthday in April and I've been using it it twice a day since and i love it. It helps my products work better and makes my face feel cleaner. Recently I was thinking it lost its magic but I decided to put in new batteries and OMG I fell back in love! Turns out the batteries were wearing out and it was going slower but because I use it everyday I didn't notice. But now I will buy the rechargable ones and recharge them constantly. This products has really helped my skin and makes it more glowy :)<3

EDIT: So I did liek this product at first but then I got the Clarisonic Mia 2 on chirstmas of 2011 and fell in lve with it. It cleans better and makes my skin feel very smooth. I believe it is the sonic, oscillating technology. The Olay brush just spins in one direction.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by ynvmee247

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thing is a godsend. I always knew that my acne was related to the fact that my skin doesn't slough off its outer layers very well - this I knew because my skin would consistently have a dull look with various flaky spots (especially in the winter), and it was usually in those spots that I'd get pimples. But this system has gotten rid of most of those spots, and even better, has made my skin less oily. Before using this, I'd be shiny in my T-zone and chin even before midday, but now when I get home from work and check in the mirror, I don't look slick or shiny with oil. I think before the oil got trapped under the layer of dead skin cells, but now that it gets sloughed off on a regular basis, my skin is smoother, clearer, much less oily, and dare I say it, glows. My skin now reminds me of the time when I used to get a 20% salicylic acid peel done every month at the dermatologist's office - I had clear and glowing baby-butt skin back then, and this system has produced a similar result which I'm obviously ecstatic about. Even my husband has noticed the difference.
I even like the small cleanser it comes with, as it is more effective than my normal cleanser at exfoliating. That is, I can feel the little nubs of dead skin that it's exfoliated off as I'm rinsing. I use the system twice a day, morning and night, and use the exfoliating cleanser every once in a while whenever I feel rough patches on my skin.
Disclaimer: For my acne, I use prescription topicals (sodium sulfacetamide/sulfur cleanser and benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin cream), so if you have chronic hormonal acne, I don't think this system alone would be a fix-all; it would just help in getting most of the gunk on your skin out of the way, which then allows for better absorption of whatever medications/skincare products you use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by jenn7985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

i have always been blessed with good skin but ever since i stopped tanning (real sun and in tanning beds) i have been more careful about my skincare. i was *this close* to buying a clarisonic brush but the price really put me off... everytime i went to buy it i would stare at the price tag and put it back. i bought this because for $30 i didnt have much to lose. after 1 week of using this product i am so glad i didnt bite the bullet and get the clarisonic. this brush is fantastic. it isnt to harsh or abrasive and gently cleanses my skin without striping it of its natural oils. this helps my vitamin c serum and night cream work better and my skin has never been smoother or more even toned.

pro's- its quiet (nothing is more awkward than loud buzzing coming from your shower)
- the price
- its gentle enough for daily use
- it only takes 2 AA batteries.. no charger to lug around on travel

con's- the bottom piece that holds the batteries is a bastard to try to get open. i had to use a knife and ended up shooting the bottom piece across the room which the dog promptly thought was his new fun toy

i will definitly be buying this again if i ever need to.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like!!! As a 33 year old woman, I was pretty horrified when I started developing cystic acne on my cheekbones out of nowhere - I'd always had pretty good skin. I cleaned my makeup brushes, replaced my blush and bronzer...nothing...still breakouts. So, I started looking into purchasing a skin brush, as I'd heard that they help with a host of skin problems. I NEARLY pulled the trigger on the Clarisonic Mia, but then read reviews about this Olay brush, and decided I'd rather spend $30 to see if it did anything first before I spent the $150. SO glad I did. My cystic acne was almost COMPLETELY gone by the end of my first week of using this brush. Clogged pores on my nose look much better, and my skin is generally just less oily and much smoother and even-looking than it was before. I now also use it on my neck, chest and shoulders.
I haven't tried it with the cleanser it came with, as I am a die-hard Dermalogica girl and so I use it with the Special Cleansing Gel.
One thing I noticed is that after a few days of using this brush in the mornings, my skin felt a little sore. I went back to the store and looked but it seems they only sell one type of replacement brush head. So, I have been using it every 2-3 days instead now, which has taken care of the sore skin problem. I use it for 20 sec per area of the face, much like the Clarisonic. Seems to work great! No problems with battery life or performance at this time....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Jaded11885

AMAZING PRODUCT! I've heard tons of things about the clarsonic but that damn thing is expensive! I found this little gem at target for a fraction of the price! I use it once a week, the bristles are nice and soft so I don't over scrub. It's helped my skin immensely! Pretty sturdy so I don't think I'll have to repurchase anytime soon but I would in a heart beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by jmshimi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Would you believe that I favor this over the Clarisonic Mia? I can't believe it either. I've used the Pretika, Clarisonic Mia & now this Pro-x Facial Cleansing brush. The Pretika was too harsh. Turns out the Clarisonic was too harsh as well. I gave up on the idea of using a cleansing brush for awhile thinking that it was just too abrasive for my skin.

Eventually I gave in and succumbed to this! I've been using it for 2 months now about 3x a week and my face has been improving. No odd bumps or rashy skin like I was getting w/ the Pretika & Clarisonic. In my case I'm thinking that my skin doesnt like the sonic vibrations of the Pretika and Clarisonic. The Olay simply spins around and has 2 speed settings. As sensitive as my skin is I have been able to use the faster speed and so far so good. My complexion is softer & glowier looking. So you really dont need to shell out a lot of dough for a good quality facial cleansing brush. However the downfall w/ this brush is having to replace batteries every now & then where w/ the Pretika & Clarisonic it's rechargeable. Also w/ the Olay it can get a little messy when the brush is spinning as far as splashing water around, but this is very minor. You cant pick it up by the brush head otherwise it'll detach itself; yup I've dropped mine a few times; no biggie though.

Overall I love this product and I am amazed how effective it has been on my skin without causing any irritation. Most importantly it's affordable! Picked mine up for about $30 at Walmart; as opposed to the $150 I spent on the Clarisonic! I know ppl will say the Clarisonic may be worth it in the long run cuz you dont spend money on replacing batteries. I say you find what works for you & stick w/ it!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by anisabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If there was a "HELL YES!!!!!!!" option for if I'd buy this again, I'd pick it. Hands down. This is the number one contributing factor to clearing my acne scars. I was going to wait at least a month until writing a review on this but honestly... I can't wait. The only weird thing is when I switch from the slower speed to the faster one (SOMETIMES) it stops for a split second then changes. I love this brush to the next galaxy & back & then to heaven & back again because that's where this brush has blown me away to. I bought this on Sunday night. Used it that night, then every morning & night since then. It is now Thursday night, & I am not kidding when I say that my acne scars are 95% gone. I saw results immediately but they were most noticeable by Tuesday. & I didn't have light acne scarring. I had it ALLLLLL over both of my cheeks, & it made me look like a pizza face because it looked like I still had acne. It is almost gone. I'm not lying, cross my heart hope to die stick a zillion needles in my eye if I was. I woke up today, looked in the mirror & cried at the sight of my face. It's never been so clear since I was in 4th grade. I'm now a recent graduate of high school. Thank you Olay for this heaven sent product that I didn't have to spend $200 on.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by afranklin23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product!! The Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System is really great and does exactly what it's supposed to. It's great at exfoliating, easy to operate, and it feels ammmaazing on the skin! At $30 including a small cleanser, this is a great deal to me, especially since its major competitor, the Clarisonic is priced around $200! In my opinion, the Pro-X cleansing tool is better than the Clarisonic, because it spins in complete circles, where the Clarisonic only shimmies back and forth. I use it every single night, it takes off all of my makeup, and has never broken me out. Feels great, and leaves skin smooth and soft. I have to say though the cleanser it comes with isn't that special to me. I choose to use other cleansers. This is a great product though, I would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants great skin!