July 25, 2014 | 1927 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by xovictoriaaaxo

i dont know why this mascara is getting such bad reviews! this seriously works at acctually making your lashes grow. i was using it for a month and on a day i wasnt wearing mascara my mom was asking what mascara i was wearing and i told her its rimmel so she went out and got it and shes been using it for a moth and her lashes have gotten much longer. they used to be really short but now there really long! and ao are mine! seriously this isamazing. the brush isnt great but youll deal!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by cverrierfletcher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mixed feelings about this one. I haven't been using it long enough to comment about long-term lash effects, because basically I feel like I don't really like it enough to wear it everyday. I work in a very glamorous environment and therefore I wear a full face of makeup everyday, which includes very dramatic mascara.
If you're looking for dramatic lashes (like me), this particular mascara unfortunately is not the way to go. It does a satisfactory job of giving a natural look, but it doesn't at all meet the claims of "instantly longer lashes by 116%".
At first, I just thought that perhaps it was just the brush - it is a very mediocre brush, nothing at all special about it. So I actually went and used a brush from a different mascara (my absolute favourite - L'Oreal Telescopic). Well, with the different brush there was a minor improvement, but not too much better. I think the formula itself is really wet and runny and doesn't do much to really bring out the lashes and give them any effect.

Bottom line, I don't know if I'll be able to keep up using this everyday to see the "long-term effects" ... because it's just so unsatisfactory and insufficient.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know what happened, man. The formula of this mascara got thick, dried-out and clumpy very quickly. I think I only got a couple of weeks of use before I had to toss it out. I wish I could be more thorough in my review, but I wasn't able to use it long enough to really comment on anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Elemyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!!!

I always always always used CoverGirl's Lashblast volume, but when I heard about this mascara, I thought it was something worth trying.

It isn't waterproof, and that's kind of a downer. However, it doesn't clump, and the brush grabs all of my lashes! I have to wait for it to dry, but it makes my lashes look long and healthy.

The big advertisement about this mascara is that it grows your lashes...well, it works! I couldn't believe it! It took a little time, but my co-workers and friends started asking me if I was wearing fake eyelashes. My friend who knew I was experimenting with this mascara said that it must work because she couldn't stop staring at my long eyelashes. She then went on vacation, and when she came back, she asked me, "Lauren, have you been growing your eyelashes while I was away?!" For some reason, I found that hilarious. I bought two more when it was on sale for buy one get one half off. :)

This product makes putting on mascara my favorite part of my makeup routine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought this would be nice for my (ridiculously) short lashes, maybe give them some length, give them some color. Wellll, after waiting A HALF HOUR for it to dry, I realized that (a) my lashes weren't really any longer, (b) I had little black specks everywhere because the wet mascara was "blinking off" my eyelashes, and (c) later in the day, it started flaking into my eyeballs. No thanks, it wasn't terribly expensive, but if I'm looking for lengthening, I'll use XXL lashes or one of my other mascaras that has a primer and mascara. Not thrilled by claims or mascara, and a half hour is WAAAY too long for anything to dry on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by selkie67

I wish there was a "maybe" choice for the "would you buy this product again." I'm torn on this mascara. It makes my lashes the longest they've ever been (though I don't buy that it will make them actually grow longer.) It doesn't smudge with normal wear, though it's not waterproof. I didn't experience any flaking.

But it's pretty thick, it takes a long time to dry, and the brush is weird. It goes on so thick, even after blotting with a tissue, that you can't get a lash comb through it. If you wear glasses, you'll have to wait between 5-10 minutes for this to dry, or you'll have smudges on your lens the first time you blink. I don't get the brush. It's chunky in the middle, so you're basically just using the middle of the brush to apply. It's kind of awkward.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by patriciascot

I cannot tell you how many mascara's I have tired this past year. I happened to "stumble" on this one as I was walking out of Walgreens where they had it on display with a a $1 off coupon.

I LOVE this mascara! It coats every lash and my lashes are looking better than they have in years. I have not experienced a single problem that some other users have expressed.

As far as I am concerned this mascara is PERFECT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Bunnisan

The purpose of this product is for your lashes to grow
and that is what it did
my lashes did grow
you have to use the entire tube for that false eyelash look

when i appy it
it did go on clumpy and doesn't hold a curl
but perfect for bottom lashes
only cost me 10$ even if you are having doubts
try it
it is not waterproof so it is easy to wash off

i applied it twice when i wakeup and go to sleep

some lashes may grow longer then the other
but i'll take it
i also add vaseline on my eyelashes before i add the mascera
so it doesn't be brittle when i curl them or sleep with the mascera on

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by CleverRabbit

This is a very black mascara (more so than Extra Super Lash), I like the packaging and the decent sized traditional brush - it's not a fat brush, this one's made for definition. It made my lashes look dark and long but didn't volumise them much at all. The formula is very wet but not without substance. Those of you who hate thick, dry and furry formulas will like Lash Accelerator, it brushed on really easily and quickly.

My only complaint is the shape of the brush, sometimes I find it takes a bit longer to get my lashes to fan and separate nicely. The brush tapers at the top and bottom and is wider in the middle. If it was straight or conical it might solve this problem. I haven't tried this: It might work better if you use a lash primer first to get the lashes coated and into position.

But day to day this has been a good mascara and I'd gladly repurchase it. I'm not sure if it has made my lashes grow at all but perhaps people with shorter lashes may see more improvement than I did.

A more detailed review and other beauty product reviews can be found on my blog:
clever-rabbit.blogspot.com

Thanks for reading.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Haleywhite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not the best mascara. Did clump on the top lashes, but great for bottom lashes. Thin and long wand. Lashes dry quickly and are soft. Didn't notice any growth