April 20, 2014 | 1656 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by mcmahon91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for about 3 weeks now and I have been seeing better eyelashes. Before using this product you could barely see my eyelashes even with mascara on, I was using toofaced's Lash Injection, my eyelashes and wallet is glad for the change. My eyelashes seem only a little more full but you can really see the difference in length since I started to use this mascara. I think the best thing about this product is now you can actually see I have bottom lashes over my eyeliner, because before it looked like didnít have bottom eyelashes. I think my only two complaints are that one the formal is very wet, the drying time is about 3 minutes so try not to do any hard blinking. 2 It still is a bit pricey over ten dollars, but I think it is so worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by runwhiterabbit

i love this mascara! i've been using it with l'oreal lash boosting serum. i use the lash boosting serum at night and the lash accelerator in the morning. it's a great mascara for every day it gives a great natural look, goes on smooth and doesn't clump. i've noticed a difference in length and i have more lashes after a month of using both products.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by orchestrated19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really, really like this mascara. Granted it's not PERFECT but it's quite close to it. I haven't noticed a dramatic change in the length of my lashes but they do seem a little bit longer than they used to (I've been using it for about a month). The mascara itself goes on easily and is good at lengthening and volumizing. The trick is to not put on too much because that's when it gets a bit clumpy. Other than that, though, I'd say it's one of the best mascaras I've ever tried... and I've tried a lot of different mascaras. Rimmel remains my favorite brand for mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

First the good news - goes on well, doesn't smudge, looks nice and clean. It only lengthens for me really nice, nothing dramatic or anything no volume. But, very very nice for daytime. The bad news - by the end of the day it is melting and when it hits my eye it is PAINFUL. It is very lightweight so I actually forgot that I had it on and my eyes get itchy for some strange reason. I am a contact wearer but this mascara tends to irritate me more. It gets so itchy and burns I looked in the mirror and realized I had raccoon eyes. Now may I remind you I was out in public and I had to wash my eyes in a public bathroom. I am literally running to the restroom to wipe the makeup off of my eyes. God forbid I should tear up for any reason this actually makes me tear up without doing anything at all and gave me red and stinging eyes. I wore it a few times before this and ended up with itchy raccoon eyes and I continued to give it a chance but after that I was finished. After all of this my neighbor commented me on how much my lashes have grown and I was thinking if you only new what I had to go thru.

Edit this is a shame that this irritated me so much and is not waterproof and messy because after application I love the effect :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by lottielovesste

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really didn't like this mascara, i got this on offer at boots for about £3-£4 so i wasn't like i wasted lots of money
i thought the brush didn't coat the lashes well and there was no volume provided unless i put on about four coats.
i found the packaging quality was really poor because all the text on the tube had rubbed of within about two weeks
i'm not sure if this accelerated my lashes because i only used it for two weeks but overall i didn't enjoy using this mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by iowagirl

First the good news - goes on well, doesn't smudge, looks nice. The bad news - by the end of the day it is melting and when it hits my eye it is PAINFUL. I am literally running to the restroom to wipe the makeup off of my eyes. God forbid I should tear up for any reason or like last night, work up a sweat while I exercise - I have to stop what I'm doing and take care of my red and stinging eyes.
I have used this for 2 weeks but now I am done.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Bclare91

I am actually really liking this product. I have tried tons and tons of mascaras and have usually wound up disappointed. I have actually noticed my lashes look longer and don't clump. I always use two mascaras at once, a lengthening and separating, and a thickening. This is great by itself, or on top of another mascara. (I use Lash Stiletto underneath) I would recommend this product, it's very inexpensive. Also, buy at Walmart! they let you return makeup even after you've tried it at home!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by briannemarie93

So I only been using this mascara for a couple of days now, but I love it! It makes my lashes look so long! I already kinda have long lashes but I have seen way longer. So this really intesifires my lashes. Im anxious for a month to come to see if my lashes really grow!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by shesaidbye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first review on here... but I thought I give my tidbit.

I bought this at Ulta during my fall break, (10/9). So it's been a little over a month, and I didn't expect it to grow my lashes.. since it wasn't SUPER expensive or even a popular mascara brand. (I tend to not really trust Rimel products).
Anyways, today I realized my lashes are actually.... long.. and looks even LONGER with the mascara on.
I was completely blown away, the length crept on me.

I put a 1 coat then one other coat with the Z motion. It doesn't really clump.. so I'm not really sure what the other users meant my by that.. but it does tend to take a little longer than other dry-er formulas to completely dry. Which doesn't really bother me. But yeah... I totally love this, and I would buy this again if I ran out before reaching my desired lash length.

warning though- don't expect it to use it for 2 days and BAM fake lashes status. Give it a proper month to make your verdict on whether this formula works for you, because even if it doesn't really grow out your lashes it is still a great mascara.

Oh and another thing I have CG LashExact which kind of had the same wet formula as this one, but the difference is Rimels' is actually possible to take off with eye makeup remover. Which is another plus in my book, because I hate when i have to scrub my eye make up (the skin around our eye easily wrinkles). Hope this helped!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i actually like the formula of this mascara - i have no flaking with it and it doesn't droop down my face by the end of the day. it gives me a nice natural look to my lashes - nothing too dramatic. but i also haven't tried more than 1 coat yet. i imagine it will layer nicely though judging by the formula it's not goopy like i've found like some other rimmel mascaras i've tried. i will definately purchase this one again.