Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

This is probaly one of the best mascaras i have ever used.I got it in brown black on sale for 6.99 and wasnt expecting much.The first time i used it i was happy to find it didnt clump verymuch.It did take a bit of time to dry and tends to smudge.It last all day and comes off fairly easily.Two layers tend to give a good amount of volume.When i was very young i cut my eyelashes with a scissors and they had been very short for a long time,after two months of using this the length of my eyelashs length was almost tripled!!.I am defininitely going to be using this from now on.

on 1/2/2011 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I gave this mascara a 4 just because I've tried a better mascara before, and I've only tried 5 or 6 drugstore mascaras. As a drugstore mascara, it's normally priced, and it's great for what it does.
I bought the mascara in #001, Black, and I love it. I've tried lash growing mascaras before, but this is the only one that delivered. It nourishes them to make them much stronger, and now when I use other mascaras, they work better because I have much better lashes. They're longer, thicker, and mostly, more noticeable. I highly recommend this drugstore mascara. No clumps, it's natural looking in the way that it doesn't look like you're wearing a clumpy noticeable mascara, but it gives me very bold lashes.

on 12/30/2010 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This didnt work that well. It's only been a week, so I havent seen much difference in length. It doesnt make my lashes thicker either, just clumpier. The mascara is very wet and takes a long time to dry, but that isnt that much of a prob.
The thing that REALLY sucks is that when I wear ths, it makes my eyes feel dry so I yawn and BOOM! the minute a DROP of water (from my tears) touches the lashes, it turns to liquid and SMEARS. NOT GOOD cuz they dont have a waterproof one. Overall, this is NOT something i would re-purchase. Definitely NOT worth eight bucks. >.<
-it will NOT hold a single curl
-Rimmel London is one of the companies that do ANIMAL TESTING the MOST

on 12/28/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wasn't expecting much from a 7$ ds mascara, but I really like this. Out of all the crazy-expensive lash primers & potions that promised to make my lashes longer, this actually DID.
There hasn't been a huge change, but it's been noticeable to me- at least several cm in the month I've been using it. The mascara also has a really nice lengthening effect if you work with it.
It can pull out a curl, but I just curl after it's dried and problem solved. It certainly does take a while to dry, but I don't mind.
This is a great, affordable mascara!

on 12/28/2010 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

pro:
- i have a short-thin-spare asian lashes..and this mascara does lengthening my lashes 1-2mm in a month..you can see picture i add..
- super black and glossy
- lengthening and a bit volumizing, natural look
- doesn't smudge
- easy to remove

cons:
- non waterproof, you can't cry with it
- wet concistency that makes my lashes weight down and takes forever to dry
- not available localy

tips:
- if you curl your lashes first,then apply it..they will 'down' right away.. try to use heated eyelash curler (wand form),after apply 2 coat of it,and wait till it dries..
- try not to hard blink about 2-3 minutes after apply it

on 12/27/2010 4:20:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I hope they never stop making this! and I bought 2 more to put away, just in case...have never, ever done that before!!
YES, it's a wet formula but I prefer that...gives me time to comb though and get my lashes where I want them to "set".
YES it takes about 2-3 minutes to dry, and will smudge while it's doing so, of course. Allow time to dry before getting dressed. BUT smudges clean right up with a damp Q-tip.
For me, NO FLAKES all day, NO DROOPS, my lashes aren't dry and crunchy, and then....comes off like a dream with my Cetaphil, or even just a warm wet washcloth!
And my lashes....oh my goodness. I lost a lot of lashes due to thyroid disease, so have been using Careprost and it works wonders. I now have long lashes again..but add this and they are INCREDIBLE. Everyone has noticed the difference, and I have the long thick black lashes I had in my younger years! I am sooooo happy with this mascara!

on 12/26/2010 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is amazing.. it actually makes your eyelashes grow! i never thought it would but ive seen a big difference in my eyelashes now then my eyelashes before.. deffinatley get this product you will not be disapointed :)

on 12/23/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This mascara is awesome! I am very picky about my mascara and have been disappointed by Maybelline's Falsies, Revlon Grow Lucious and L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes. I usually wear Lancome Definicils but am always searching for something better. I'm not sure if it helps with lash growth BUT I haven't used it for 30 days straight yet. I took a picture of my lashes with this stuff on and it is amazing! I normally have very short and sparse lashes and with this they looked so long and lush. I even posted a pic of it on facebook lol. It's definitely a must-have!

on 12/22/2010 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm kind of obsessed with this mascara. I bought it on a whim at Target a month or two ago, and in the meantime I've purchased Maybelline's Falsies, Revlon's Grow Luscious, and ... some miscellaneous Wet n' Wild Mascara. I keep returning to Lash Accelerator. The wand is perfect - it reminds me of Maybelline's Illegal Lengths wand, which was my favorite lengthening mascara for years. It is long and skinny and super easy to handle/maneuver around the lashes. It doesn't flake or smudge, and it makes my lashes INSANELY long. I don't know if it has helped them grow, but who cares? Perfect. In fact, HG mascara right here. Go out and pick it up!

on 12/22/2010 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this may be my new favorite mascara. I'm typically obsessed with CoverGirl Lash Blast because I love thick dramatic lashes, so I like it's volumizing formula. However, I'd heard alot of the makeup bloggers that I like say good things about it so I thought I'd try it out.

So I did, and I really like it. The look I get with it is slightly more natural, but I like it. It still makes my eyelashes really black and defined, seems to lengthen a bit and if I apply a few coats I can get a little more volume from it, not as much as Lash Blast. But that is ok. It holds a curl fine, especially if I go light with it. A few times I've put a ton of coats on my curl seemed to drop a bit, but my eyelashes still looked nice.

The brush is pretty average, it seems to have those plastic spines that are good for grabbing every lash to deposit product on. The formula is light, dry time seems about average. What I love the most about it is that I can apply it to my lashes in several coats and I never ever get any clumping! I don't have a problem with flakiness throughout the day either.

I can't really say if it has made my lashes grow or not. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and it says you'll notice it in a month, so I'm not sure yet. I do notice that my eyelashes feel soft and conditioned after I take the mascara off, which is nice.

I think this will definately be a permanent in my collection that I'll rotate with LashBlast, I'm that happy with it.