September 1, 2014 | 1941 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ladycatcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is awesome! I am very picky about my mascara and have been disappointed by Maybelline's Falsies, Revlon Grow Lucious and L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes. I usually wear Lancome Definicils but am always searching for something better. I'm not sure if it helps with lash growth BUT I haven't used it for 30 days straight yet. I took a picture of my lashes with this stuff on and it is amazing! I normally have very short and sparse lashes and with this they looked so long and lush. I even posted a pic of it on facebook lol. It's definitely a must-have!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by mmmMarilyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm kind of obsessed with this mascara. I bought it on a whim at Target a month or two ago, and in the meantime I've purchased Maybelline's Falsies, Revlon's Grow Luscious, and ... some miscellaneous Wet n' Wild Mascara. I keep returning to Lash Accelerator. The wand is perfect - it reminds me of Maybelline's Illegal Lengths wand, which was my favorite lengthening mascara for years. It is long and skinny and super easy to handle/maneuver around the lashes. It doesn't flake or smudge, and it makes my lashes INSANELY long. I don't know if it has helped them grow, but who cares? Perfect. In fact, HG mascara right here. Go out and pick it up!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by lizzychu

I think this may be my new favorite mascara. I'm typically obsessed with CoverGirl Lash Blast because I love thick dramatic lashes, so I like it's volumizing formula. However, I'd heard alot of the makeup bloggers that I like say good things about it so I thought I'd try it out.

So I did, and I really like it. The look I get with it is slightly more natural, but I like it. It still makes my eyelashes really black and defined, seems to lengthen a bit and if I apply a few coats I can get a little more volume from it, not as much as Lash Blast. But that is ok. It holds a curl fine, especially if I go light with it. A few times I've put a ton of coats on my curl seemed to drop a bit, but my eyelashes still looked nice.

The brush is pretty average, it seems to have those plastic spines that are good for grabbing every lash to deposit product on. The formula is light, dry time seems about average. What I love the most about it is that I can apply it to my lashes in several coats and I never ever get any clumping! I don't have a problem with flakiness throughout the day either.

I can't really say if it has made my lashes grow or not. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and it says you'll notice it in a month, so I'm not sure yet. I do notice that my eyelashes feel soft and conditioned after I take the mascara off, which is nice.

I think this will definately be a permanent in my collection that I'll rotate with LashBlast, I'm that happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by xovictoriaaaxo

i dont know why this mascara is getting such bad reviews! this seriously works at acctually making your lashes grow. i was using it for a month and on a day i wasnt wearing mascara my mom was asking what mascara i was wearing and i told her its rimmel so she went out and got it and shes been using it for a moth and her lashes have gotten much longer. they used to be really short but now there really long! and ao are mine! seriously this isamazing. the brush isnt great but youll deal!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by cverrierfletcher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mixed feelings about this one. I haven't been using it long enough to comment about long-term lash effects, because basically I feel like I don't really like it enough to wear it everyday. I work in a very glamorous environment and therefore I wear a full face of makeup everyday, which includes very dramatic mascara.
If you're looking for dramatic lashes (like me), this particular mascara unfortunately is not the way to go. It does a satisfactory job of giving a natural look, but it doesn't at all meet the claims of "instantly longer lashes by 116%".
At first, I just thought that perhaps it was just the brush - it is a very mediocre brush, nothing at all special about it. So I actually went and used a brush from a different mascara (my absolute favourite - L'Oreal Telescopic). Well, with the different brush there was a minor improvement, but not too much better. I think the formula itself is really wet and runny and doesn't do much to really bring out the lashes and give them any effect.

Bottom line, I don't know if I'll be able to keep up using this everyday to see the "long-term effects" ... because it's just so unsatisfactory and insufficient.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know what happened, man. The formula of this mascara got thick, dried-out and clumpy very quickly. I think I only got a couple of weeks of use before I had to toss it out. I wish I could be more thorough in my review, but I wasn't able to use it long enough to really comment on anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Elemyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!!!

I always always always used CoverGirl's Lashblast volume, but when I heard about this mascara, I thought it was something worth trying.

It isn't waterproof, and that's kind of a downer. However, it doesn't clump, and the brush grabs all of my lashes! I have to wait for it to dry, but it makes my lashes look long and healthy.

The big advertisement about this mascara is that it grows your lashes...well, it works! I couldn't believe it! It took a little time, but my co-workers and friends started asking me if I was wearing fake eyelashes. My friend who knew I was experimenting with this mascara said that it must work because she couldn't stop staring at my long eyelashes. She then went on vacation, and when she came back, she asked me, "Lauren, have you been growing your eyelashes while I was away?!" For some reason, I found that hilarious. I bought two more when it was on sale for buy one get one half off. :)

This product makes putting on mascara my favorite part of my makeup routine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought this would be nice for my (ridiculously) short lashes, maybe give them some length, give them some color. Wellll, after waiting A HALF HOUR for it to dry, I realized that (a) my lashes weren't really any longer, (b) I had little black specks everywhere because the wet mascara was "blinking off" my eyelashes, and (c) later in the day, it started flaking into my eyeballs. No thanks, it wasn't terribly expensive, but if I'm looking for lengthening, I'll use XXL lashes or one of my other mascaras that has a primer and mascara. Not thrilled by claims or mascara, and a half hour is WAAAY too long for anything to dry on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by selkie67

I wish there was a "maybe" choice for the "would you buy this product again." I'm torn on this mascara. It makes my lashes the longest they've ever been (though I don't buy that it will make them actually grow longer.) It doesn't smudge with normal wear, though it's not waterproof. I didn't experience any flaking.

But it's pretty thick, it takes a long time to dry, and the brush is weird. It goes on so thick, even after blotting with a tissue, that you can't get a lash comb through it. If you wear glasses, you'll have to wait between 5-10 minutes for this to dry, or you'll have smudges on your lens the first time you blink. I don't get the brush. It's chunky in the middle, so you're basically just using the middle of the brush to apply. It's kind of awkward.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by patriciascot

I cannot tell you how many mascara's I have tired this past year. I happened to "stumble" on this one as I was walking out of Walgreens where they had it on display with a a $1 off coupon.

I LOVE this mascara! It coats every lash and my lashes are looking better than they have in years. I have not experienced a single problem that some other users have expressed.

As far as I am concerned this mascara is PERFECT!!!