Cover Girl fresh complexion concealer

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Cyclomethicone, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylparaben, PVP, Methicone, Methylparaben, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Hexyl Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

I think we all need to write to the head of Cover Girl and tell them to please design a better top that doesn't crack and break! Otherwise, this is a great concealer that I've been using for almost a year and at least it never has dried out from the top being broken!!

on 11/21/2004 6:57:00 AM

Wow! i love this concealer. I bought it on special at Priceline for $9.20 on sat. I am fair skinned, but bought natural beige which is the darkest shade i believe. but it is the perfect match! this concealer blends very easily and does not cake at all. i use it under my eyes and below my brows, to cover the veins that sometimes show. It made my skin look radiant right after putting it on which was nice :D
Perfect for use anytime really - will be great for school. You get lots of product too which is nice. im just hoping that the cap doesnt break like it has for others

on 9/22/2004 8:22:00 PM

The cap cracks when you screw the top too tight, I always do this. I really like the shade Classic Ivory, I've been using this as an all-over foundation with a moist sponge, I absolutely love it. I think it covers flawlessly on well smoothed & moisturized skin, there is the occaisional dried out blemish that can be a bit tricky with this, as with any attempt at covering.

on 9/4/2004 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I won't buy this again, because today when my partner was judging my new foundation for "visibility," he said, it looks great except dark under your eyes. The "concealer" I used 6 hours previously? Yeppers, this one. I wasn't wearing lots of eye makeup, and I don't have particularly dark circles—the product just didn't hold up for six hours. I don't mind updating my foundation every four hours, but concealer? No way! Can't just wash the area without messing up eye makeup. On the PRO side, though, it's inexpensive, and I do have oily skin, so if you have dry, it might not slip as much on you. Blends easily. Good color selection. Cheap. Available everywhere. While I won't buy it again, I can't say it's horrid for everybody.

on 8/17/2004 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I gave this 3 lippies because the color is nice and looks very natural which is important to me. But overall this concealer was way too watery and really didn't cover my circles at all. It soaked into my skin leaving my circles uncovered. I tried adding more but I just wasn't satisfied with the coverage of this product. I use Exuviance Coverblend now and I am very happy with the results.

I tend to use two concealers- this one for little breakouts, and Neutrogena for red areas and such (although I plan on switching?) Anyways, this is perfect for little breakouts- partly because it gives me the reassurance that Im not making them worse or gunking up my face. Helps treat while covering it up. But it's a little caky and not exactly the best concealer known to man- jsut good for break outs. That's why I use two!

on 8/13/2004 2:31:00 PM

My HG concealer. I use it anywhere I have redness, but usually underneath my eyes for dark circles. It works like a charm. It matches my skin tone very well, and makes my face look refreshed.

on 7/13/2004 6:33:00 PM

I have dark hereditary undereye circles, and I'd been seaching since high school for something to camouflage them. Nothing I found, high- or low-end, hid them to my satisfaction, so I figured I'd settle for something which would lighten them as much as possible while still looking natural and not emphasizing the tiny lines under my eyes. After a long, discouraging search and much money wasted, I found this product.
While the coverage, as others have stated, is sheer, it is by far the most buildable concealer I've tried. I can pat on three or four layers, and it never looks cakey or emphasizes fine lines. Thanks to this layerability, I get better coverage from this, despite its sheerness, than any other concealer. It also wears well, looking the same at the end of the day as when I first apply it.
The color selection is fairly broad, yet I still couldn't find a match for my skintone. I have to mix two different shades on my palm, then apply, but I actually like this, as it means I can customize the color across changing seasons and levels of (fake) suntan.
I've never had the packaging problems that others have complained of, fortunately, so this is a real winner and a great bargain, to boot. I may someday find my miracle concealer, but this will keep me satisfied until then.
ADDENDUM: The caps on my tubes did finally split the way that other users have complained about. But they were easy to fix: as soon as I noticed cracks developing in the plastic, I wrapped a piece of clear packing tape, which is just wide enough to cover the length of the cap, around it, and they've been fine ever since. The caps still screw on and off, and the product hasn't dried out. continued >>

This is not the best concealer, but for $2.47 (I got it on sale @ Sav-On), what can you expect? It's a little too sheer and I'm not too fond of the wand thing. I suppose it can cover very small, barely there blemishes, but if you have a pimple that you were picking at, or undereye circles, this isn't going to cover it very well.

on 6/3/2004 1:55:00 PM

I'm not too picky on concealers, but this is the best one so far. I got mine in creamy natural. It's very nice, doesn't crease in lines and is very smoothe. I'd def re-purchase!