April 19, 2014 | 1040 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - fresh complexion concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2003 11:28:00 AM More reviews by LDinNH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Party Pooper here. I bought this based on MUA recommendations. Great color selection and I picked the perfect match, but it's too thin and watery for my taste. I feel like CG just took their foundation and repackaged it. If it were thicker this would be the ideal concealer. I won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2003 10:50:00 AM More reviews by reddplanet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gave this a low number on Packaging Quality because I have busted the cap on several. I end up just forcing most out into a tiny jar and using a brush...and as much as I absolutely DESPISE Cover Girl, I can't believe I absolutely LOVE this product.

Anyway...considering I am on a major quest to cover my shiners (which are so bad that growing up schools used to call my parents in to discuss things and they never laid a hand on me!) I stumbled upon this gem. I stockpiled it when I figured out how great it was. While I need to be sure to apply two coats and set with my powder foundation (UD Surreal Skin in Dream), this Buff Beige tube rocks.

I tried Kevyn Aucoin's SSE, and it was total crap...now I am playing with Px CamoCreme, which is ok but the color (YO Light) isn't doin' anything for me...and I am also playing with Keromask Amazing Concealer, in Ultra Light, which is great, but still not completely covering me...so...I figure if I need two coats of those other products, why not just spend 5 bucks on something that lasts a while and covers incredibly well.

Ok so after that brain fart of a review...best concealer yet, and it is probably a HG product for now. Well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2003 5:33:00 PM More reviews by missamanda

I feel differently about this after having used other foundations. It leaves my skin feeling kind of... sticky, or wet, or something. It feels too heavy, and I can't quite find a color that's right. I like Maybelline Wonder Finish better because it dries dry and soft, and has moderate coverage, whereas this has rather heavy coverage. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2003 8:16:00 AM More reviews by valeriein

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this concealer. I have the worst acne and large pores and scars from picking. I find that to get the best coverage you have to pat this on rather that try and rub it in. I couldn't find a good match on it's own, some were to light while others to dark or pink, so I mixed buff beige with soft honey for the perfect shade on my medium yellow toned skin. It doesn't settle in pores and doesn't cause breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2003 1:56:00 PM More reviews by angelbebe48

This concealer is pretty good for its price, although it doesn't blend as well as I'd like it too. I originally would've given it three or four lippies, but the top broke about a month after I bought it, so now it's really messed up. I won't buy this again because of the horrible breaking lid and it didn't blend well enough, but I will continue to use it. (i'll try to get around the broken lid) -EDIT- eww. after using this product for a while, I've realized that after a few hours it gets weird and like "un-blends" and I end up having these tiny dots of concealer. I don't know how to describe it, but I don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2003 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Cosmeticqueen

I LOVE this stuff.. I have awful undereye circles, and this stuff is great! It really DOES reflect light, and doesn't seep into fine lines (my biggest prob. these days!) I love the packaging too. I usually can't use liquid concealer, or I'm just afraid of them ever sinse I bought that icky Almay Lasting Concealer, but I really like this stuff! Will definatly repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2003 5:00:00 PM More reviews by weezercrazed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best concealer I've tried. The color stays put all day, and rather than looking cakey, it actually makes my eyes look brighter. I finally found a good under eye concealer! Will DEFINITELY buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2003 3:53:00 PM More reviews by karibarilicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

like i said in my reveiw of CG clean oil control foundation, i don't really know what posessed me to buy this being that im not a huge CG fan, but honestly im VERY happy with this product. it blends in incredibly smooth, and covers flawlessly. it's by far the best concealer ive used. (i only use it for covering pimples b/c i dont have dark circles, so i dont know how it works on those)great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2003 6:10:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

This is a great concealer for going under foundation, but it does look a bit fake on it's own. However, under the Fresh Complexion powder (or my liquid foundations, too), it looks just flawless, lasts all day, and doesn't cake up at all. I'm not partial to wand applicators, so I smear it on the back of my hand and use a brush or my pinkie to apply. UPDATED 7/21/03 - After almost 2 months of use, I can honestly say that I am just really impressed with this concealer. Even as my skin has gotten really oily with summertime, this concealer lasts and doesn't cake up. Also, it's been working great with every type of foundation. So it's up to a 5 for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2003 4:25:00 PM More reviews by StaceMoon

Pretty good product. I tend to prefer creams to sticks. I think it would be better if it had better coverage, and a little bit thicker. I would buy it again, no break outs, or dryness.