Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

WOW. I am so impressed by this foundation. First of all, it is ridiculously cheap for how well it performs. It is the cheapest foundation I own, and easily one of my favorites. I have tried so many foundations from every price range, from $7- $80. It has the most lovely texture. It has a very creamy, silky texture, which leaves a slightly dewy finish initially, but dries down to a satin matte finish. It easily provides full coverage for me, it actually took some getting used to the flawless coverage, since I have been using pricier, sheerer foundations lately. Texture-wise, it reminds me of Chanel Pro Lumiere when initially applied, except that it sets to a matte finish. As someone who suffers from oily skin, I am so, so grateful to have stumbled upon this hidden treasure in the drugstore! It lasts all day for me. The oil-control is not as good as EL Double Wear or Revlon Colorstay, but the flawless, smooth finish is what makes it a winner for me in the longwearing foundation list. I always set it with powder, I use Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder.

The only downside for me is the color range. The entire line appears to have only a limited selection of medium beige colors! Luckily, the lightest shade, Ivory, turned out to be a good match for me when I started blending it out. Some other matches for me are: MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15, MUFE HD 117 + 118 mixed, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau in Beige Pale, Revlon Colorstay Buff, Dior Forever 010. I think if you are any lighter than this, you probably are out of luck, as this shade just barely matches me. But if you can find a match, I highly recommend this for most skin types, but especially for you oily/ combo ladies that like longwearing foundations, but don't want to sacrifice the smooth, silky feeling of satin finish ones! Also a little tip, don't stand the foundation up when storing it, because it has a tendency to leak a lot of product out when you open it.

Update: I swatched this next to my Dior Forever (new version) foundation in Ivory 010, and the Rimmel actually blends out to be lighter than that! Don't be fooled by the color in the tube and when you first squeeze it out, the color blends out quite a bit lighter once working it into the skin. I also experienced no oxidation during the day.

on 12/4/2012 10:15:00 PM

This is sad. I really wanted to like this foundation. Soft Beige was the closest match to my skin tone. I'm asian with yellow undertones. First application, i like that it DOES NOT transfer to my iPhone nor my clothes. It's easy to blend ( I used a beauty blender dupe).
But after using it for a few days I noticed that my face started to look dull. It almost whitened to think that it should darken a bit cause my face is acidic. Maybe if they had a better color selection then id be happy. For now im sticking with Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen wow in Petal.

on 12/3/2012 3:56:00 PM

After trying nearly foundation on the market this is by far the best!!

Pros :
build-able coverage
doesn't cause breakouts
flawless finish
covers imperfections
doesnt dry out skin or make it oily!!
cheap and cheerful
long lasting!!
gives the illusion of healthy blemish free skin
a must have in any make up bag!!

cons:
wish it came in a few more shades!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

A good drugstore foundation! This was the first ever Rimmel thing I tried - and it matched pretty well! I use the shade 200 Soft Beige, it has quite a strong yellow undertone which is good for me. My skin is VERY OILY and it stays on relatively well (maybe around 6-7 hours) - even better with a good primer. It has medium coverage and can be build-able (I used on the night of my ball/prom and I didn't need any concealer). I'll most likely be buying this one again since I have yet to find a well-priced foundation that is as good as the LF.

on 12/1/2012 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This product makes me look white- i am a dark skinned girl
And i bought the darkest color
I really hate this product- it has a nice smell but the darkest shade is too white for me. And it is really unhygienic because it does not have a pump. Though it only cost me £5.
Probably going to try revlon colorstay whipped foundation next after i read the reviews.

on 12/1/2012 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

foundation given 3 to this product bcz i jus brought it today...i tried and i like how it sets on your face..most foundations accentuate my pores while this one didnt...but unfortunately its not my shade...i might go out n search for my shade bt i will wait few days to see if it breaks me out o

p.s can anyone tell me if this product comea sealed or not??? because mine wasnt sealed n m a bit skeptical to use it

on 11/30/2012 1:16:00 PM

I have very dry skin and it is hard to find a foundation that is even a little bit hydrating. I picked this up at Walmart for 8.85 because I watched a review on youtube beforehand stating that this product works. I used it the very next day... I didnt have high hopes or anything but... WOW.

Pros:
-Almost full coverage!
-Hydrating
-Any skin type can use this
- You can double up as a concealer
-Dont have to use a brush to put the product on face
- Can use your fingers
- Doesnt settle in fine lines and creases
-Price is fantastic!
- I also use the rimmel match perfection concealer for my under eyes

Rimmel is coming out with some great products, I noticed!

I love this foundation. I use it with the Rimmel primer, the pro version that's out now, and it's great. It gives my skin the dewy look, which I really like. It had good coverage and feels like weight on my skin. Not like I'm wearing a mask. The staying power is amazing. It holds up to my 12 hours shifts as a nurse in the E.R. I have a couple dry patches around my lips this time of year, but as long as I wear the primer they don't seem to be an issue. I personally haven't ever worn this foundatoin for 25 hours so I don't know if it last that long. If you need a foundation that will last without breaking the bank I would try this one. I got mine for $4.99 at Target.

on 11/24/2012 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I literally gave up on drugstore foundations, after Revlon colorstay, I was like this is the last straw!! Well you can say whatever you want when you've got money, but when you don't, you look for alternatives-which is what I did. And I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. So much so that I might buy another tube! The SA asked me during checkout if I wear primer, I said I have some primer and she said you may want to use it before you apply this foundation. So I did, and I can see what she meant, although my "primer" (monistat anti-chaffing gel) didn't do a good job, (escentuates dry flaky skin, fine lines) I decided to apply my SPF underneath. I currently use somme institute SPF, which is greasy and emollient, I think the combination works well and makes my skin sorta glow. The staying power of this foundation is good, its semi-matte, dry patches diminished, coverage great, although be careful as I globbed it on in a hurry the first use and it was sooooo cakey! So lightly apply with a foundation brush or sponge and it will look pretty good. It might clog pores, I'm acne prone and I'm not sure if its something else. But one lippie down for the color selection. I bought ivory 100 and it's not ivory it's almost a warm neutral will would work if your slightly tan. Overall pretty good buy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is such a fantastic product! Rimmel London is a U.K. brand that is relatively new to the U.S. so when I saw this foundation I was instantly in my "I HAVE TO TRY THIS PRODUCT!" mode. The first thing that threw me off about this foundation is the color. They all appeared to be far too dark for my skin. I am as white as a ghost. Literally. NW15 from MAC is too dark. But nonetheless, I grabbed the lightest shade, Ivory, and decided to give it a go because for the price of $6.50, it wasn't going to be a huge loss if it sucked. I have used this product interchangeably with my Revlon ColorStay and Lancome Teint Idole for about a year now. The coverage is medium to full. The product is a thicker liquid than ColorStay but is easily blendable and natural looking. You can apply this with your fingers with no trouble (I do this when I am in a rush, which is at least once a week) or use a brush. I prefer to use a brush just because I feel it is more sanitary, but it up to you. This foundation covers imperfections really well and lasts all day. I don't even have to touch up! Granted, my skin is dry, not oily, so it may last better on me than it does on someone with oily or combination skin, but I also have acne and I don't even feel the need for concealer most of the time. My only complaints with this outstanding product are the packaging, the color selection, and the thickness. The packaging could be improved greatly with a pump because the squeeze bottle can sometimes give you way too much product. The color range on this product is a little pitiful. I am really fair and this line is much too dark for me. I can blend it a lot and mix it with a lighter foundation to make it work, but it is a hassel. The last issue is that the foundation can look heavy or cakey if you are not extremely careful. Overall, this product is good, not absolutely amazing, but I will still reach for it sometimes. I would recommend it to people with a more tan complexion.