July 23, 2014 | 1633 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by LeroyDuncan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Lasting Finish 25 was the first foundation I bought when I began to toy around with make up. This is one of my favourite drugstore foundations and the price is brilliant.

-PACKAGING-
It comes in a nice glass pump bottle, looks very nice but does get grubby easily.

-SHADE SELECTION-
This foundation stands out as it has a few more shades than other brands. One thing I do not like is the way the shades are in most stores, they jump from a medium tan to a very dark brown which I feel leaves people of another race at a disadvantage.

-COVERAGE-
This foundation has a full coverage and can be built even from there, great if you need to cover a certain spot more than another, it also blends easily. All I can say is if you do not like thick make up I suggest using this sparingly as otherwise you will look cakey .

-PRICE-
The price of this foundation is fabulous, it ranges from £5-£8, which is amazing for the quality you get out of this product.

-WEAR TIME-
This foundation can most definitely be worn all day, but I recommend being careful with the amount of powder you use as I have noticed that an accidental over powder can lead to the foundation to look like it's cracking. This product however would not last 25 hours in a standard day.

-OVERALL VERDICT-
A great foundation for people who are just starting out with make up and for people who are looking for a little more coverage than your average foundation. I highly recommend this foundation. It says it works for all skin types and from what I have seen it really does. Worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Luciferr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first got this product, I was in love. I only like foundation with FULL coverage. However this just looked so cakey and felt so thick I had to throw it away the other day. I'm not sure if it's the weather or something else but the cakeyness was ridiculous. The rube packaging was sooooo annoying! The foundation would leek out and overall it was hard to use. I probably won't buy this again unless it's on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by devildogs_doll

I have a drawer full of foundations...FULL...Yet, I always come back to this foundation. I guess because it's cheap some stupid part of me always thinks the $60 foundation I go out and buy is going to be better, but seriously - this stuff holds its own.

My skin is on the dryer side of normal and I have acne scarring, occasional outbreaks (nothing to do with the foundation I use. I have worn NO makeup and had breakouts and tried every foundation under the sun almost and still have them. They are hormonal) and at 34, I have wrinkles. Yet, this foundation just works so well with the mess that is my skin sometimes.

I put moisturizer on underneath and apply this over with a wedge sponge. Does it really last 25 hours? Probably not unless you are a mannequin who never sweats, never touches your face, etc. but the point is - it lasts longer than any foundation in my arsenal. This is wonderful, wonderful stuff for ladies, like me, who put on makeup only to find it all disappearing an hour later. I just bought some because our local store had it on clearance for $2 so seriously...why NOT try it at that price? Thank God I did. I'm on my third tube and will probably buy many more.

I have product-loving friends who have given me the stank eye for suggesting anything that isn't MAC (heaven forbid), but when I revealed this was the stuff I was wearing on my face and they KNOW how awful my skin is - I changed a few minds. I am using shade 100 (Ivory). Product description on the back of the tube: "Sweat, heat and humidity proof for up to 25 hours. Transfer resistant. Enriched with a revitalizing mineral complex and moisturizing aqua primer. Skin feels energized and hydrated all day."

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Catdowns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my first product review on this site [in general I hate writing reviews, which is lame, because I always read reviews before purchasing everything.]
Anyhoot - summer decided to start extra early this year, and for whatever reason, my face sweats more than normal. At least I think so. I go to a lot of events where, even in the winter, it can be a very sweaty situation. I also have some mild rosacea which only looks worse in these situations. After having seen my face in several pictures from these events, I knew I needed to do something. I looked red and sweaty. Not cool. After browsing on here for hours, I decided my best bet was this, especially because I needed something asap, and I live right near a drugstore. I'm not a huge fan of foundation, so it will take some getting used to...but the coverage is great. Seriously, in a picture my skin looks really nice. I have the ultimate combination skin where my t-zone gets super oily and everything else is excessively dry. With this foundation I had no problem with breakouts, and no flaking. My problem with this foundation though...it doesn't want to stay on my nose. My nose sweats the most, and that's when the foundation becomes really obvious and strange looking. Otherwise, the foundation dries quickly everywhere else and really doesn't budge. For now I'm sticking with it because it's the best one I've owned...and it completely hides my hot red cheeks. I do worry a little bit about the thickness of it though, and how I may look to others up close. I'm going to work on mixing it with a light moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by jlin113

I love that this foundation lives up to its word of 25 hours! I apply in the morning and will not have to touch my face until I get home in the late evening. The only problem is that this specific one does not have SPF so make sure your moisturizer has SPF!

This liquid foundation is thick but it goes on very smooth and the coverage is excellent. Don't over apply as it can cake up. I think the packaging looks a little 'cheap' for its actual quality. The foundation itself is quite superb.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by HaleyNC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my third bottle of this foundation, and it's amazing. I have dry skin and struggled to find any foundation that would satisfy me. This is my absolute favorite. It lasts all day and gives me a nearly flawless finish, everything I could ask for in a foundation. The only drawback is the lightest shade is a bit too dark for me still, especially during winter, but I make it work because nothing I've tried is better.
I'm not one to write reviews about anything, but this product deserves a great rating, and if other girls struggle to find something that works for them and truly lasts, I'd say give it a try. It's inexpensive and has made my life much easier now that I don't stress about how my foundation is looking. I rarely ever even need touch ups!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by estubbs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on a search for new foundation and I have tried a few drugstore and department store products without success. I've been using Bare Minerals Fairly Light for 3 years, but recently have been unhappy with the texture on my face, which I feel is chalky looking. Anyway, after a few other failures I picked this up in two colors at a Wal Mart in NC while visiting my parents: 102 (Warm Ivory) and 103 (True Ivory?). 102 is the better match for my skin color. I do really like the texture and appearance of the foundation, but I CANNOT get it to last on my nose, which frankly is not even that oily. On a very humid day, it can melt off my nose (leaving it shiny and makeup free) on the way to work!!! But even so, I am giving this is a pretty good rating, because I like the look of it on, and it hasn't broken me out at all. In fact, if anything, I would say my acne has improved while using this product -- weirdly enough. So, I'll keep using it until I find something better and try to figure out what I can do to make it stick. The price point ($6) cannot be beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by darlenebacani96x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product!, even my mum steals it off me. I have had this for 6 motnhs now and I still have some left :) IT goes a longgggggggggg way and covers redness very well.. The bad thing is the packaging. My one is spilling out of the tube and whenever i open it its like allover the cover which would be a waste. But overall its really good! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Jaylakent

Really Rimmel? Really? This is no where NEAR 25 hours - I give it 6 at the most. By noon I'm pondering using Dawn dish soap to soak up the oil slick my face has turned into. Great for a Saturday if you are in a hurry - applies quick - looks good for a few hours - I use primer and powder! If you have dry skin this might be perfect for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by plasticbambi

pros
cheap cheap cheap
great easy to use bottle
color matches my skin perfecty
great coverage
lasts all day to some extent

cons
sinks into pours
feels slick around nose and tzone after a few hours but doesnt look it and is easily fixed by applying a mattifying powder or a mineral powder

I think the sinking problem will be fixed after I find a good primer because every foundation does it :(