October 21, 2014 | 1204 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought No 100 Ivory (lightest shade) in the glass bottle with a pump. It was far too dark for my skin. Made even worse as it oxidizes to orange when it dries. It was very cakey, difficult to touch up because it cakes even more and it feels so thick on your skin as well! I also don't really see it's "25 hour" claim. I wore it around the house and 5 hours later my face was an orange, cakey, patchy mess.
It's good points are that it does provide good coverage (it really should considering how thick it feels when it's on, clog prone people take care!) and I do like the packaging :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this knowing the reviews were mixed. Bottom line: it broke me out so badly, I could just about stand in front of the mirror and watch it happen. The color wasn't bad, but the staying power wasn't the best. It also gushed out of the tube whenever it was turned down, so I had to always be careful to keep it bottom-side up. Totally not worth it, imho.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by piggywiggy777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i don't know if i would buy this again...i ended up returning it. it had a rubbery feel to it, was hard to wash off, and had a gray tint to it...i go tmine in the second to lightest shade and it just looked a little cakey, i guess on my skin..
here's the thing though...I recieved a great deal of compliments about my skin when i was wearing this foundation!!! no joke!...so maybe I just need to buy it again and try it with a different mousterizer or something. also, i bought it half full because of people using it! so i might go back and get it and only use it for long days when i have no time for touch ups:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by mtwomey91

I've used Revlon Photoready color correcting primer and liquid foundation for about a year now, and while I loved the full coverage, I became worried that it was too heavy and was causing me to break out. I then decided to try the Rimmel pro primer and 25 hour foundation...the price was so great that I figured it was worth a try. I was shocked! I'm so prone to oily skin and my makeup falling off halfway through the day, and this stays matte and perfect from morning to night! I can rub my face and it doesn't even budge. It looks natural and comes in convenient tube packaging. I've spent a ridiculous amount of money trying to find full cover, long-lasting, oil-controlling makeup, and I can't believe I finally found it at only $5 a bottle. I'd recommend it to anyone!

PS- My skin is fair to medium, depending on if I'm using a tanning moisturizer or not, and the true ivory tone is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by hannahgal143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is absolutely amazing! I have very oily skin and a lot of acne, so it's difficult to find a full-coverage foundation that stays on and won't break me out, but I found this at the drugstore, and it is seriously a miracle! Works way better, lasts all day, and blends so nicely into my skin. I'm not sure how it would work for dry skin, but for me it is HG status :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

And now i've moved on to drugstore brands!

Pros
-YES FINALLY, a drugstore foundation with strong yellow undertones :D most drugstore foundations are untouchable by me because theyre just too darn pink for my strong yellow undertones. But not this! I use it in shade 202 and im an NC30. The color match is awesome
-Cute packaging, easy and hygenic
-Good price point

Negatives
-Strange sticky texture, sometimes doesn't set so i have to powder over it
-Doesn't last very long, my oily skin melts it right off
-Scent...strong, flowery :p unnecessary!

However it was cheap so I dont mind keeping it, definitely wont be repurchasing though! Really good for drugstore brand though and recommend it to normal-dry skinned women!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by sophiebo88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for years, i was really gutted for a while because i thought it had been discontinued but then realised they had just changed the packaging to a bottle with a pump, its a dewy foundation, i've had light-full coverage depending on how much i apply, very buildable with layers and still super natural looking, i usually use a thin layer and then add more to areas that need it, so i can still see my freckles, i usually need to set with powder in my t-zone, my skin is combination so my t-zone can get a bit oily, its usually needs topping up with powder 1-2 times but everywhere else i like to leave looking dewy, it also looks good in photos (i'll add a pic for you) most foundations make me brake out in spots but i find rimmel products always work great with my skin, only down side is the lightest shade isn't that light and i have really pale skin so it only matches my skin tone in the summer or when i wear fake tan

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Sobria

This product is fantastic. It looks good in pictures and in real life. It's medium to full coverage but you can sheer it out. However, it broke me out. My friend tried it as well and still broke out. We have totally different skin types. Me acne prone, her not so much. I wish it didn't break us out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by stephaniiie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I put this on at about 8 in the morning, went to work for about 7 hours (was very hot), came home and fell asleep (face down on my pillows lol) and it's now 5pm and i just checked my face and it still looks perfect. I have tried so many different foundations that claim to last for ages and none of them have worked as well as this one has. It blends so easily into my skin and has never looked cakey. I do think the colour range could be better but i luckily have found one that suits me at the moment. If anyone reading this is thinking about getting it, I think you defiantly should! 5/5

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by celenis

Finally. HG drugstore foundation! I've been really picky about my foundation, but this is just a god-send. I only used to use high-end foundations, mostly from Lancome, but I found that this is sooo worth the price, and I prefer this over other $40+ other foundations out there because of its performance to price ratio! I love the shade, and I love the coverage. It's not full coverage, but medium, and you can build it up. I dont think it's necessarily the most matte foundation for oily skin, but it does hold up pretty well with a bit of touch up throughout the day. I found that if I use airbrush foundation, it works the best. Near full-coverage without looking cakey. Definitely worth the price, definitely will purchase again. I just hope it doesn't discontinue... I'm even thinking of stocking up on it but I don't think that's a good idea lol