September 16, 2014 | 1754 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions Whitening UV Protection SPF25 PA++ (Hot Pink)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by hopjumpskip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've tried to bypass foundations as I hate anything that is too heavy, mask/cakey, pore clogging and unnatural looking.

God knows I need something to even out my moderate acne/blemishes, very very mild eczema (around chin) and overall uneven skin!

I had a sneaky try of my mums L'oreal 24 hour infalliable - did not make me breakout, even after sleeping with it on, covers really well (med - heavy), fantastic on my upper oily part of my face (great oil control), but god aweful flakey on my mild eczema chin. Very tight on the skin. Not to mention the colour was too light for my yellow/golden tone skin.

So, thought I would try a BB cream - very dubious as they're from asia. I'm asian myself so I know there can be fakes or unregulated weird ingredients in these products.

As this had been around for a while and read loads of reviews I thought I'd take a chance.

WOW! Brilliantly evened out my skin without looking cakey or mask-like, decent control of oil without dryness, and really felt like I had nothing on. I used it like a moisturiser, so only a little smidgeon of the cream gently rubbed into the skin. It did take a while for it to 'oxidize', maybe an hour for me, until it blended into my skin tone. I thought I had found my HG coverup...

...unfortunately after a day of wearing it and constantly marvelling in the mirror, I noticed 2 small spots, very small but still spots. This made me breakout within a few hours :( I thought this may have been just me having another breakout, but I left it for a few days and I did not get any more spots. I tried it again and the results were the same - more small spots!

Even worst, the spots that seemed to be done and healing actually turned back into whiteheads - really weird as this has never happened before. This cream seemed to irritate and oust any spots either healing and just about to come out from the surface. I thought this was supposed to be for oily acne prone skin:( And I'm asian!

That said, these are only small spots and could be 'popped' (I know it's bad!) and healed within 2-3 days. My skin takes forever to heal and being asian I'm prone to slightly darker scarring than others. All said and done, I'm still going to use this, maybe not for everyday. So sad, as I wanted something for daily use.

btw I've also tried the Gold Vip one and it seems to do exactly the same. Only very slightly more moisturising. The search goes on...maybe I'll try Skin79s other BBs.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by dididianee

Although I can easily find this product at my local Asian beauty stores, they usually charge about $40 while some suppliers on Amazon charge $16. The formula is very thin and blends easily into skin. I prefer to use my fingers rather than brushes and sponges because it's easier to spread the foundation. However, the foundation is too gray on my skin tone. When I wore it to school, a few of my teachers actually asked if I was okay because I looked sick. The product has a light but buildable coverage, however, I find myself using 2+ pumps to cover my problem areas. I won't be repurchasing this as I have found better foundation for my needs.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Mikirulez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smells like angels and unicorns and rainbows and whatever else smells like awesome, and i love the pink diispenser! Just hate how it doesnt lock up cause it gets pressed accidentally and leaks! It's too dark for my pale face, but I use it on my legs to cover bruises from working out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by julie252

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This really evens out my skin tone and helps minimize my pores. My skin just looks better in general. I have tried tons of BB creams and foundations and this is one is by far my favorite. I even got my mom and friend hooked (and their skin is much lighter than mine). It works for all of us. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by HistoryLady71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I began using this because the Garnier BB cream made me curious about trying more BB creams. I have oily skin with enlarged pores on my cheeks and so far this works really work for me. I do like to use the DHC Water Based Moisture under this because it allows me to smooth the BB cream out better when I apply it. I'm glad that I read the reviews on here before attempting to apply it because it does come out greyish and I think that I would have given up on it if I hadn't known that. Once it oxidizes, it is a great match for my skin. I bought it from the Skin79 website because I wanted to make sure that I got the real thing. They shipped quickly. Once I started wearing this every day I got curious about their Hot Pink Sun Protect Beblesh Pact and ordered that too. I apply that with a foundation brush over the BB cream and I like the results very much. My husband says my skin looks "clean" when I use these two products. I love the packaging for the BB cream because it seems very hygienic. I have already repurchased and have bought other Skin79 BB creams for my mother and sister.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by joanna5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to use this product knowing that it has only 1 shade.lucky i am quite fair for a Filipino.
So far, it is long lasting, matched my skin tone, made my face glow.
Definitely gonna purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by girl2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like it for everyday use,when you dont want lots of make up and you want more natural fresh look.this dont covers so much ,but for me it's ok.i have some large pores and little blemishes and i use everyday the bb cream and some concealer and after the mac minerilize skin finish natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by CairiS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks now...I really like it but there are a few problems.
THE GOOD
I have fair skin but take a good golden glow in the sun, like previous folk have mentioned when I first pumped this out the tube I though "oh no" its grey...really grey but a thin layer on the skin and within a minute it was my exact skintone (this never happens for me foundations and tinted moisturisers are either too light or too dark). The finish is sheer and natural but it covers any redness really well, it doesn't however cover my dark acne scarring on my chin and I do need to pop a touch of extra concealer on there.
THE BAD
My one and only complaint about this product is that I cant wear this product without moisturiser as my skin is just too dry. When I do use moisturiser by midday my face is an oil slick. Bad but completely manageable with blotting and a little extra setting powder throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by gehaiena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is the first bb cream I own. at first I tried my mom's vip gold and decided to buy this because this is the one for oily skin. it is too light for me but it oxidizes pretty close to my skin tone. I use it everyday to school and my friends said that my face looks brighter. I also noticed that using this gradually evens out my complexion. very reccomended!
UPDATE: I just started using Ponds Clear Balance Oil Control Facial Foam this morning, and the matte result definitely prolong the wear of the bb cream and reduce the oily look on your skin. I finished getting ready at 6.30 AM and my skin still looks amazing at 5 PM.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by DreamsOfAzure

Gray comments are pretty accurate, but for me, applying a thin layer allows it to oxidize to my skin tone fairly quickly. Anything too thick and I end up looking like I belong in a Twilight movie.

The consistency is nice and smooth and the thing I like the most about it is that my dry spots don't show up as much as they do with other bb creams and foundations. It's pretty long lasting with medium coverage that stays on. Definitely a good everyday wear type of make up!