on 7/27/2012 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My first BB purchase was Etude House Mineral All Day Strong and a sample of the Hot Pink BB cream came with it. I bought it a while ago but haven't got around to trying it until now.

I saw a review on Youtube saying it was good for oily skin, so decided to give it a whirl. I was a little hesitant as the reviewer was a NC20-30 and I'm NC15 ish but it matches my skin pretty well!

It's a little thicker than the other BB cream I have tried (Etude House and Garnier) but it has better coverage as a result and is still easy to apply and blend.

I have a really oily T Zone and most make up starts coming off and looking oily after around 2 hours. This BB cream has lasted really well. I've had it on for around 5-6 hours and it is only just starting to look oily on my nose, nothing a little powder or blotting couldn't sort out!

I've just bought a sample of the Orange label after reading some good reviews and a bottle of Missha M Vita BB Cream, so I can't say for sure that I'll buy Hot Pink. It'll depend on how the others turn out, but I am really pleased with it!

To sum up...

Positives -
* Colour - Changes to skin tone. Even works on a vampire like me!
* Price - Inexpensive
* Packaging - Cute and functional
* Stay put - Stays on even my oil slick T zone!
* Texture - Thick but workable
* Coverage - Good

Negatives -
* Should have tried it sooner!

on 7/17/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

:: Initial impressions: It applied like sunblock but a tad thicker. It has that sunblock smell but its not strong. Provides medium coverage but It does feel slightly heavy and I just applied 1/2 pump.

:: Color: Its light for my golden medium complexion (I use Golden Medium in BareMinerals and Stromboli in Nars Sheer Matte for reference) It does have that gray cast to it so it doesnt look great in pictures with flash.

:: It has great staying power and a semi matte finish. Packaging is super cute. Great Price (US$13-15). It didn't break my skin out.

Conclusion :: Great product just not my shade.

on 7/17/2012 4:05:00 AM

looks good on.. BUT, it broke me out in cysts! and i have pretty normal skin.. this stuff got me breaking out bad!

on 7/17/2012 2:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this product! I am very fair with cool undertones and this looks great for me. In the summer months I just add a bit of Fresh highnoon face glow to warm it up a little and add a little glow. I'm an esthetician and I recommend this to my fair skinned clients all the time. Order it on ebay. Free shipping is worth the wait.

on 7/16/2012 6:56:00 PM

Very good BB cream, but doesn't last all day. I put it on at 7:30AM and it had melted/oxidized by lunchtime. This is a very big difference in appearance from looking bright and polished in the morning to tired and faded by the end of the day. I prefer Missha Perfect Cover, which stays bright all day.

on 7/16/2012 9:46:00 AM

This is one of my favourite BB creams on the market. Fairly cheap, brought it on eBay for $12.50 with free shipping. I generally use this instead of foundation since it is less heavier on my face. The coverage is medium, being able to cover the red areas of my face. The consistency is fairly thick but when applied, a little goes a long way and I prefer using my fingers over my foundation brush. Since this bb cream contains spf and whitening properties, it will make your face appear very light when taking flash photos at night! The shade of this colour will suit people with medium to fair skin. I reccommend this bb cream for people wanting to try out their first bb cream!

on 7/16/2012 7:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Sometimes it is very gray. I am very light so it fits in color. However, it gives a very nice skin like no other foundation does.

on 7/15/2012 3:47:00 PM

For me this works very well. I use it after I get out of the shower. It is moisturizing enough for my combo skin, and doesn't break me out! It cuts out steps in my makeup routine. Perfect for what I was looking for for summer. Here in Hampton Roads, VA the summer is hot and humid, so my usual routine [moisturiser, primer, foundation] is just too heavy for the summer. It does come out of the bottle a little light and grayish, but it oxidizes to match my skin well. Coverage for me is enough, I don't need a whole lot, and I use concealer in spots where needed. All in all this would be my HG for summer skin care!

on 7/14/2012 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought one from a local Asian cosmetics store for $ 27. The consistency of this BB cream is similar to most of moisturizer, thicker than normal foundation but it's blended very well. I just apply it with my fingers and it gives me a very natural, slightly dewy finish. As many reviewers mentioned, it looks greyish when first applied, but gradually oxidized to match the skin color. The color matches my skin almost perfectly (nc25-30). I apply finishing powder on top of it. I would say the coverage is light to medium since it doesn't cover some of my old acne scars. It covers redness and light discoloration pretty well though. It makes pores less visible and controls oil well, but I still need to blot with powder a few hours later. It's great for "no-makeup" makeup.

I've used it for two days. So far it doesn't irritate my sensitive, oily and acne-prone skin. I might not use it on a daily basis since I only plan to use it for casual days.

Two drawbacks:
1. It's slightly scented. However, the scent fades away in 20 minutes after application.
2. It doesn't last all day even with finishing powder. I put it on at 7 am. It started melting after lunch time at office temperature 75F.

on 7/14/2012 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I found that this was far too light for my skin. This was my first bbcream and although I use it occasionally during winter, I tend to reach for my Missha Perfect Cover BB cream in no23, because I find that the shade suits me better. However the texture is really nice and soft against my skin, just wished it came in a variety of shade though. The pink packaging is really cute and unique and the product comes out nicely. Would not buy again though due to shade.

Video Reviews & Tutorials