Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The Skin79 got lots of great reviews but sadly it did not work for me.
The shade was a bit too grey, but since I only use a a bit of cream for coverage the result was still nice.

But: it broke me out like mad, plus already existing spots got worse and inflamed.
Because I hoped this was due to the hot weather I tried this again but the condition on my skin worsened.

So, no more Skin79 for me - and no, it was not a fake product as I bought it directly at a korean store (in Korea).

on 7/29/2012 2:17:00 AM

I ordered this on eBay and probably should've done my research about all the fake products out there. This BB goes on smooth, blends with my NW15 skintone SO well, and looks SO good. However, I got giant zits after wearing this for a week and I'm beginning to wonder (or at least I'm hoping) that I got a fake product and the real deal won't break me out.

I'll be purchasing this cream directly from Skin79 and I'll review it again. For those of you buying off Amazon or eBay, just beware that there are a lot of knockoffs of this product and it can do more harm than good to your skin.

P.S. I used my normal cleansing routine to take this BB cream off. Never had problems before. But when I was doing a peel after washing my face, I was shocked by how much product was left on my face. This stuff is REALLY hard to get off. Again, hoping it's a fake but now I'm not sure if I want to waste more of my money.

on 7/29/2012 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Oh my goodness, new favorite product.

This is the first BB cream I have ever purchased, and I am mightily impressed. My skin is oily, a bit acne-prone, and slightly sensitive, and this, after being set with loose powder, stays matte all day long and has yet to break me out or cause any sort of unfavorable skin reaction. It isn't advertised as being water or sweat resistant, but any sort of moisture just seems to bead off without taking any of the product with it. If I dab my face with a napkin or anything the face powder might come off, but the BB cream won't.

I would say this product has medium coverage; it covers my acne scars and dark circles almost completely, but any active breakouts/freckles/etc. are still fairly visible. Still, this BB cream does tone down the redness of breakouts and makes them less noticeable, even if they aren't completely covered. Obviously, if you want to completely cover breakouts and other imperfections you can dab on a bit of concealer over the BB cream.
I purchased this product on Amazon for around $12 (with free shipping!), which I think is a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, to my knowledge this particular BB cream only comes in one shade, which is very pale and cool toned. From what I've read elsewhere, it does oxidize after a few minutes to better suit other skin tones, and you can make it blend in more with your own skin tone by setting it with a darker and/or warmer face powder.

As far as the added benefits, such as whitening/brightening, protection from sunlight and other elements, and wrinkle repair, after using it for a little over a week it's doing what it's advertised to do. I can't say about wrinkle repair, actually, because I'm still a teenager and thus have no wrinkles, but it has lightened my acne scars and other blemishes, seems to have brightened the tone of my skin a bit, and has protected my skin from the harsh Florida sun VERY well.

Overall, this is a pretty fantastic product.

on 7/27/2012 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My first BB purchase was Etude House Mineral All Day Strong and a sample of the Hot Pink BB cream came with it. I bought it a while ago but haven't got around to trying it until now.

I saw a review on Youtube saying it was good for oily skin, so decided to give it a whirl. I was a little hesitant as the reviewer was a NC20-30 and I'm NC15 ish but it matches my skin pretty well!

It's a little thicker than the other BB cream I have tried (Etude House and Garnier) but it has better coverage as a result and is still easy to apply and blend.

I have a really oily T Zone and most make up starts coming off and looking oily after around 2 hours. This BB cream has lasted really well. I've had it on for around 5-6 hours and it is only just starting to look oily on my nose, nothing a little powder or blotting couldn't sort out!

I've just bought a sample of the Orange label after reading some good reviews and a bottle of Missha M Vita BB Cream, so I can't say for sure that I'll buy Hot Pink. It'll depend on how the others turn out, but I am really pleased with it!

To sum up...

Positives -
* Colour - Changes to skin tone. Even works on a vampire like me!
* Price - Inexpensive
* Packaging - Cute and functional
* Stay put - Stays on even my oil slick T zone!
* Texture - Thick but workable
* Coverage - Good

Negatives -
* Should have tried it sooner!

on 7/17/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

:: Initial impressions: It applied like sunblock but a tad thicker. It has that sunblock smell but its not strong. Provides medium coverage but It does feel slightly heavy and I just applied 1/2 pump.

:: Color: Its light for my golden medium complexion (I use Golden Medium in BareMinerals and Stromboli in Nars Sheer Matte for reference) It does have that gray cast to it so it doesnt look great in pictures with flash.

:: It has great staying power and a semi matte finish. Packaging is super cute. Great Price (US$13-15). It didn't break my skin out.

Conclusion :: Great product just not my shade.

on 7/17/2012 4:05:00 AM

looks good on.. BUT, it broke me out in cysts! and i have pretty normal skin.. this stuff got me breaking out bad!

on 7/17/2012 2:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this product! I am very fair with cool undertones and this looks great for me. In the summer months I just add a bit of Fresh highnoon face glow to warm it up a little and add a little glow. I'm an esthetician and I recommend this to my fair skinned clients all the time. Order it on ebay. Free shipping is worth the wait.

on 7/16/2012 6:56:00 PM

Very good BB cream, but doesn't last all day. I put it on at 7:30AM and it had melted/oxidized by lunchtime. This is a very big difference in appearance from looking bright and polished in the morning to tired and faded by the end of the day. I prefer Missha Perfect Cover, which stays bright all day.

on 7/16/2012 9:46:00 AM

This is one of my favourite BB creams on the market. Fairly cheap, brought it on eBay for $12.50 with free shipping. I generally use this instead of foundation since it is less heavier on my face. The coverage is medium, being able to cover the red areas of my face. The consistency is fairly thick but when applied, a little goes a long way and I prefer using my fingers over my foundation brush. Since this bb cream contains spf and whitening properties, it will make your face appear very light when taking flash photos at night! The shade of this colour will suit people with medium to fair skin. I reccommend this bb cream for people wanting to try out their first bb cream!

on 7/16/2012 7:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Sometimes it is very gray. I am very light so it fits in color. However, it gives a very nice skin like no other foundation does.

Video Reviews & Tutorials