August 27, 2014 | 1786 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 More reviews by Texasbrian14

Your shadow will not move!!!! I have oily eye lids and this is one of the top eye primers that I have ever used! I have also had women come back and asked me which eye primer I used on them because their stuff stayed on all night! I like to use this primer with the creams to ensure even longer lasting, crease-free color!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by cocotte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes! For oily eyelids and humid weather and long hours of MU wearing, this does the job very well. I use a tiny little blob on my eyelids and then my eyeliner pencil from mac. I finish with the Nars Smudge Brush and voila, wide awake eyes which still look good at the end of a long day.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ShirlynnFusion

I have really oily lids. I still dont have my HG primer yet. I go in sephora and this lady told me it was good for oily lids. Its good but not great. It still creases. Its an alright product but i expected more since it was really pricey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a couple of weeks now & I'm quite impressed. Every other primer I've tried had been a failure from the start or it would begin in a promising way only to end up creasing after a few weeks of use.
I don't blame the primers altogether, my lids get really oily. Combine that with hooded eyes & it's a recipe for disaster eyeshadow-wise.
My only crease-free experience with another primer was the original UDPP. The problem with that is my lids have some sort of reaction to it; stinging & my eyes get very, very weepy.
Etude Proof 10 is my other favourite, but again, it's not perfect. No irritation but I do experience a small amount of creasing. However, it's significantly less creasing than with other primers.

The NARS primer, once again, isn't 100% for me. I'm now doubting whether any primer will be. That said, it rates up there with the Etude primer. A small amount of creasing at the end of the day, just on the inner corners. It's probably not noticeable to anyone but me, I know it's there though & it annoys me.
I love the texture of this more than any other primer, however. It glides on and dries very quickly to a soft, powdery finish. I have noticed that if a primer stays tacky, it usually means my shadows will crease quite badly.
There's been little to no difficulty with blending shadows over this, something that could be slightly problematic for me with UDPP. Because this dries clear, it doesn't affect the colour of my shadows either.
It has a really nice effect with frostier shadows. They tend to look more glowy than out & out frosty when used with this primer.
Packaging:- Ah, now that's the crux. Whilst it is functional as a new tube, it's the same old story as UDPP & other primers with similar packaging. I'll need to saw this open once I get further down the tube. Especially at this price, I don't want to waste any product.

Right now, I'd say that I'd give the Etude a 4 out of 5 & this a 4.5 out of 5, purely for the texture & the fact it seems to hold my shadows on a little longer before those tiny creases set in.
If you do suffer from oily lids but they're not outrageously so, this primer will work absolute wonders for you. Like I said earlier, it's not 100% for me but it's probably as close as I'm likely to get. For that reason (and the texture), I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have finally found a eye primer that works and has been working since i first tried it several months ago. I have tried sooo many other primers including UD, MAC, L'Oreal, Clinique, Lorac, BE, Lola, Revlon, HIP and countless others. Some did not work from the very beginning and some have failed me after a few weeks. I have used this during the HOT Florida weather which I live and it has been great! Even on my super oily eye lids it has truly held up. It is pricey but it's sooo worth it to me. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by SBMD2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally! I have found a primer that lasts the work day on my eyelids. I have tried Bobbi Brown, MAC, Guerlain, Urban Decay, and Guerlain's primers, and none of these products have helped cream or powder eyeshadows stay on my lids for more than a few hours. Enter NARS primer. It is clear, odorless, and keeps my eyeshadows on for 10+ hours. I will definitely re-purchase this item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Wow, Nars really hit a homerun with this eyeshadow base! My former eyeshadow base of choice is Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat; however after test driving my tiny sample-sized tube of NARS e/s base today I have to admit it's been replaced by the NARS. There is absolutely no creasing and my eyeshadow is completely intact. I also noticed when applying my eyeshadow this morning that it went on smoothly and my lids seemed to absorb the pigment on contact, which was nice. Blending was business as usual, and you don't need a lot per lid to get the base to work its magic. The only thing I miss is that while Laura Mercier Eye Basics double as a concealer and evens out imperfections/discoloration in the eyelid area, the NARS base is clear and doesn't double-duty as a concealer. But I guess when you're applying eyeshadow over the eyelids anyways it doesn't make that big a difference. When I run out I'm definitely getting the full sized product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I would pick this product over Too faced shadow insurance and UDPP as those both crease like crazy on me. If with my darkest shadows this product wont crease I will definitely pay the extra for this product. I reccomend this for people with oily lids

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by prncss

Like some of the other reviewers, I received this as a deluxe sample from Sephora. I was very skeptical because it seems that all makeup companies are trying to get on the primer bandwagon. However, I was pleasantly surprised. I like this even better than UDPP because it dries faster, has a powdery finish, and it actually works. I have oily eyelids and found the TFSI does not work that well with me. But by midnight, my shadow was just as fresh as it was in the morning. I was absolutely shocked! It seemed like a miracle and even beat my beloved UDPP.

My only gripe about this product is the packaging and price. I like the doe foot applicator but the hard tube makes it difficult to use every last drop of product. Second, it is the most expensive of the three. When I need to pick up more eye primer, I would definitely pick this over UDPP because it dries faster and has a powdery finish, which saves me time in the morning waiting for the primer to dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was optimistic at first, however I was greatly let down. This has a great feel. The primer slid on with a lot of slip. It felt very siliconey. The shadow glided on much better than UDPP. However, about 3 hours into the wear my NARS shadow was a hot creased up mess. I tried this again and again. There is no hope for this primer and I. We are now ending our relationship. Back to my UDPP.