July 24, 2014 | 1258 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by SBMD2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally! I have found a primer that lasts the work day on my eyelids. I have tried Bobbi Brown, MAC, Guerlain, Urban Decay, and Guerlain's primers, and none of these products have helped cream or powder eyeshadows stay on my lids for more than a few hours. Enter NARS primer. It is clear, odorless, and keeps my eyeshadows on for 10+ hours. I will definitely re-purchase this item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Wow, Nars really hit a homerun with this eyeshadow base! My former eyeshadow base of choice is Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat; however after test driving my tiny sample-sized tube of NARS e/s base today I have to admit it's been replaced by the NARS. There is absolutely no creasing and my eyeshadow is completely intact. I also noticed when applying my eyeshadow this morning that it went on smoothly and my lids seemed to absorb the pigment on contact, which was nice. Blending was business as usual, and you don't need a lot per lid to get the base to work its magic. The only thing I miss is that while Laura Mercier Eye Basics double as a concealer and evens out imperfections/discoloration in the eyelid area, the NARS base is clear and doesn't double-duty as a concealer. But I guess when you're applying eyeshadow over the eyelids anyways it doesn't make that big a difference. When I run out I'm definitely getting the full sized product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I would pick this product over Too faced shadow insurance and UDPP as those both crease like crazy on me. If with my darkest shadows this product wont crease I will definitely pay the extra for this product. I reccomend this for people with oily lids

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by prncss

Like some of the other reviewers, I received this as a deluxe sample from Sephora. I was very skeptical because it seems that all makeup companies are trying to get on the primer bandwagon. However, I was pleasantly surprised. I like this even better than UDPP because it dries faster, has a powdery finish, and it actually works. I have oily eyelids and found the TFSI does not work that well with me. But by midnight, my shadow was just as fresh as it was in the morning. I was absolutely shocked! It seemed like a miracle and even beat my beloved UDPP.

My only gripe about this product is the packaging and price. I like the doe foot applicator but the hard tube makes it difficult to use every last drop of product. Second, it is the most expensive of the three. When I need to pick up more eye primer, I would definitely pick this over UDPP because it dries faster and has a powdery finish, which saves me time in the morning waiting for the primer to dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was optimistic at first, however I was greatly let down. This has a great feel. The primer slid on with a lot of slip. It felt very siliconey. The shadow glided on much better than UDPP. However, about 3 hours into the wear my NARS shadow was a hot creased up mess. I tried this again and again. There is no hope for this primer and I. We are now ending our relationship. Back to my UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by fizzyliftingdrink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have super oily eye lids and my eye shadow always creased. Until I started using this product! It dries quickly and the shadows, whether they are NARS brand or L'Oreal or Fresh or MAC all stay on. I love this product and def can't live w/o it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a deluxe sample size through Sephora BI. This goes on as a clear/whitish color but settles clear. For that reason, I think it could work great on any skin tone. The thing I found that I like about this versus UDPP is that it is clear, and doesn't settle too fast. What I mean by this is that my fave primer, Kat Von D High Voltage primer, dries really fast, so you have to do your makeup pretty quickly. The NARS feels almost slightly more gel-ish than UDPP, also.
I wish more companies would make clear eye primers. Not only so that it could work better for darker skin tones, but also because most of the primers seem to lean pink, and for someone who is more yellow toned, and thinks that a yellow-toned primer brightens her eyes a bit, that turns me off to lots of primers.
The real drawback to this primer is the cost. At $24 for 0.26 oz, that's pretty spendy in my opinion. Compare to UDPP = $18 for 0.36 oz, TFSI =$18 for 0.35 oz. That would be the one reason I wouldn't buy again. However, it is a good solid primer for most people. It keeps my oily lids dry, keeps my shadow on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best eye primer ever. Period. It keeps my eyemakeup together for at least 15+ hours. I'm not kidding. The tube is sleek but the doe foot applicator seems kinda unsanitary. I usually swipe it on my hand then use my finger to blend it into my lids. This primer holds my shadows better than both urban decay's and TFSI. Urban decay was great but I had problems with blending. TFSI got seperated, nasty, and oily after a while and didn't control my super oily lids as well as urban decay. Nars really solved both problems for me. Ultimate oil control while maintaining blending ability. The texture is also very light and velvety. It absorbs into my skin like a dream! HG status!

Perhaps not worth the money if you don't have oily lids but for the oil slicks I have for eye-lids, this is damn worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by snowflake91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer, it keeps my eyeshadow looking perfect all day from early morning to night. It goes on smoothly and has a clear finish although it comes out of the tube slightly white. It is perfect for normal to oily lids, if you have dry skin like myself make sure you moisturise your lids and let it absorb before applying the primer. Once or twice when i neglected to do this, I had a bit of dryness and a tiny bit of flakiness.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by chrisaro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample. I like it ALMOST as much as UDPP. UDPP remains my HG but the Nars primer worked very well. I have very oily lids and my eyeshadow lasted most of the day. It didn't start creasing until very late in the afternoon even in humid weather. The one thing I didn't like was the wand being straight. UDPP used to have the same problem until they started bending the tip. Now you can get more product out. If Nars would bend the tip I would definitely purchase.