NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this eye primer after years of using Art Deco Eyeshadow base. Over time, the Art Deco just lost its effectiveness, and my shadows started disappearing. I was unsure if the Nars base would work, since I have extremely oily eyelids (ironic, as the rest of my face is bone dry!) The Nars product works amazingly well, and is my new HG shadow base. The shadows/liners really do stay put all day, and everything looks almost exactly as it did when I applied it when I remove it at night.

I find the consistency/application of the product a bit strange. Very little product actually goes onto my applicator at a time, so I probably have to dip it into the tube about 3 times per eye. I thought that it wouldn't last very long because of that, but so far, it's still going strong 3 months later. It's hard to see how much is left in the tube, and I worry that it will be difficult to get it all out.

The negative points of this product are minor issues, the base works as it should, and that is the most important thing! I will definitely repurchase!

on 5/27/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For the longest time, I thought UDPP kept me crease free. I realized YEARS later that this wasn't true. Actually, I figured this out when I bought the new repackaged version of it. I took it back and exchanged it for this guy. I was iffy about this because of the price. $24 for an eye primer? I went for the plunge and I'm SO glad I did. I'm slowly starting to get into NARS products. The quality is definitely there.

This eye primer is AMAZING. It keeps my completely crease free for 8+ hours. I have extremely oily eyelids so its perfect as I have a long, long day and don't have the time to touch up my eyeshadow. The formula is a white-clearish color. It doesn't leave a color behind. I find that I have to rub it in as soon as I apply it so the glob doesn't dry and look chalky when I go in to smooth it onto my eye area. I did find it a little hard to blend using this the first few times of using it. Eventually, it became easy. I don't know if I'm nuts thinking it was harder to blend. Its a completely different formula from UDPP.

I really recommend trying this out. Especially those with greasy lids like me. Your eyeshadow artwork will hold up for a very long time! Perfect for summer coming up. Although this is expensive, it will last you a while so the price ends up evening itself out. Its always a good idea to stock up during sales, too. This is HG in my book.

on 5/27/2011 7:31:00 PM

OMG! Holy Grail right here! It as completely replaced all other eyeshadow primers for me. I have oily eyelids and the urban decay PP didn't work for me at all! This keeps it on so well..literally I feel like it would stay put for a full 24 hours!!

on 5/23/2011 8:27:00 PM

This stuff is literally the most amazing primer ever!!! I have been using this for over a year and I can't imagine ever going without it again. I am now just starting my third tube. Some people complain about the doe foot applicator but I like it. The price doesn't bother me 1) Because it works and 2) Because one tube lasts me atleast 6 months. This stuff is super silky and makes my eyeshadows so vibrant. I have used many primers and this is the only one that actually works. And when I put my eye makeup on at 8 in the morning, it still looks fresh when I take it off at 10 pm. I will buy this until it gets discontinued and when that happens I will buy as many tubes as I can so I never have to go without it!

on 5/14/2011 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have tried UDPP, TFSI, and will def go back to my HG TFSI once I'm done with this Nars stuff. Without primer my shadow creases terribly bc i do have very oily lids, so I figured I had to try this cus of all the rave reviews. I find that UDPP and TFSI work EXACTLY the same on me, but i hate the PP packaging- when i tried this stuff out I wore UDPP on one eye (since i had small sample im trying to finish) and Nars on the other and i liked UDPP better- the color of the shadow was better and brighter and there was slight creasing on the Nars side too. It's not an awful primer, its just not what I expected for the price and If I'll be paying about 30% more money for this product, it should definitely outperform cheaper alternatives!

on 5/12/2011 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yes this is the best, it will enhance the look of any eyeshadow without change the color and last all day! HG for me!

on 5/11/2011 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Really like this primer. I use it 6-7 days a week for almost a year. It doesn't irritate my skin, applies smoothly and best of all... my eyeshadow STAYS PUT for over 10 hours each day. I have bought a 2nd tube, but haven't used it yet b/c each time I tap my older tube product comes out on the applicator.
I like this much better than UDPP!!

It's 20 Oct 2011 and I'm still using the 2nd tube. That's since MAY 2011 people!!! Amazing product... can't say enough good things about it. I've had on since 5:35AM and my eyeshadow hasn't budged a smidget!

on 5/3/2011 7:05:00 PM

First off I have very oily eyelids. I have tried UDPP, Too Faced shadow insurance, Lorac's eyeprimer, Bare Escentual's eye primer, Sephora's eye primer, Hourglass' face veil primer as eyelid primer, ELF's Mineral primer and dollar version, Mac's paint pot in painterly. None of these held up a full 8 hour day without creasing. The Nar's primer has held up the longest time but still I have creasing by like 5-6 hours....my search continues

on 5/2/2011 4:34:00 AM

I do have a thing with primers and wand-packaging but i can most def overlook that detail with this primer. my eyelids are oily and makeup creases within couple hours (maybe less O_O;;) but this Nars primer has held on to my makeup, NO signs of creasing whatsoever and it goes on very smoothly without smudging or makin my foundation all weird. my holy grail for eye primers~ def worth the money!

on 4/21/2011 5:14:00 PM

This beats both of my former favourite eyeshadow primers (Paula Dorf and UDPP) out of the water! It keeps eyeshadow and liner vibrant and in place like no other. While UDPP does an adequate job, I do notice slight fading sometimes after a few hours of wear. With Paula Dorf, it keeps eyeshadow vibrant and in place equally as well as the NARS primer, but it is a little on the thick side and can be mask-ey. With NARS' version, it goes on light and disappears when blended into the skin and I go the ENTIRE day (a good 10 hours) without any fading whatsoever! I have already purchased a backup -- best eye primer ever!

Top Rated NARS Products