NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 4/19/2011 9:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I can only compare this to Bare minerals eye shadow primer and I like this one so much better. It dries clear and once I apply my shadow, it does not move all day! I really like this. I figured since I'm investing in NARS duos might as well use NARS primer and the payoff is priceless. Better than using my bare minerals primer. There is more color payoff also. I know, I need to try UDPP but for now, this one rocks!

on 4/13/2011 6:37:00 PM

I really like this eyeshadow base it keeps my eyeshadow on for a long time. I got a sample and will buy the full size

on 4/8/2011 12:03:00 PM

Keep in mind this is not an 'eye shadow base' like some other products that you can wear alone for a hint of coverage & color. This is a proper 'primer' made to keep a product in place. I bought this to keep my under eye liner from smudging & for this purpose, I have to say it works great. I would not use under eye liner without it! However, I find the packaging makes this product challenging to apply. It has a doe foot applicator that is too large to fit under my eye & ends up coating my lashes! I use a mini q-tip to apply the product instead. It comes out of the tube white & I find that it leaves a white-ish film on my skin that is not completely transparent. I also find the product to be a little too thick to spread evenly. IMO, NARS needs to work on this product further - but it does keep eye liner in place.

on 3/27/2011 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

UDPP is a standby, so I was surprised by how well NARS' version works. It does just what I've come to expect from Urban Decay, and locks shadow down for hours and hours without looking chalky or drying my lids. I honestly can't tell a difference between the two in terms of performance so I prefer UDPP strictly on a price point basis, but both are great.

on 3/17/2011 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I did not realize this has not been reviewed but if it has, I will add to it.

I have come from UDPP, TSI, Givenchy, Chanel and a few others... including cheapos like L'Oreal which was a total waste of money and effort. UDPP is good, as is TSI -- but these tend to make my ES seem crinkly -- maybe not the right word, but yes, crinkly. Both seemed quite drying to me -- and I don't have dry eyelids but I do wear eye cream and will not give that up for a cosmetic like a paint pot or ES.

When I heard about this last year I jumped and tried it.. it is still working now and I am about to purchase my second tube. It seems because it is in a tube which is easier to access than the disastrous UDPP, that it lasts longer and does not dry out like UDPP did inside the tube. I like that it looks white and goes on transparent and then, you just know it's there because your ES goes on beautifully and stays put for as many hours as you want.

love the product, will most def repurchase.

Update: In my search/quest for better/bigger/bushier eyebrows, I have tested this primer on them. OK, so I am still not Cara Delevigne..or Audrey Hepburn, BUT when I apply this on my eyebrows (after I have used all my eye creams and prepped my face for mu), I wait a few minutes to let it dry and then use either my pencils (Shu, YSL, Chanel) or powders (Anastasia, Clinique, Cle) .. whatever. And LO! the product stays on, I don't lose the tail end, nor does anything sweat off. I have these loss problems with both MUFE and MAC brow gels and I am this week testing these gel products on top of primer too. It should work and that would make me have almost perfect brows. After I use my coloring product, I use a waterproof mascara in brown and I have achieved a fuller effect on my brows.
I am about to purchase my 4th tube.. that's how invaluable this product is to me now.

on 3/10/2011 4:25:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

In short, amazing. It dries clear and provides a perfectly smooth, adhesive base for shadow, and the color lasts ALL day -- from work to workouts. My eyes can be sensitive, and I use this with no issues at all. It's perfect!

on 2/25/2011 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love! On my second tube. Can't imagine life without it! This stuff makes my eyeshadow last forever. It even survives a 10 mile run at the gym!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Amazing product. A must-have.

Love it! Can't believe I ever put on eyeshadow without it. Get more value out of all your eye makeup.

on 2/23/2011 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really liked the texture of this primer. I have been loyal to Urban Decay and Laura Mercier. I feel that this product works great; especially with the cream shadows from Nars. I love their cream shadows but they roll and disappear really quickly but with the shadow base; stayed put and didn't migrate! Love it!

Top Rated NARS Products