April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is one of the best shadows based and I use this more in the summer. I have been so obesses with this product, I did use the urban decay primer potion in sin and regular. But, I am not happy with the result, it had crease and the color did not stay as I had hope.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 6:25:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used both UDPP and TFSI and they both worked ok for me.
However, I found that UDPP made the shadows hard to blend plus there's the stupid packaging.
TFSI tends to separate and be oily, and it always goes bad and makes my eyes itch way before I've used half of it!

That's why I decided to give this Nars primer a try and I must tell you I LOVE IT. The texture is a bit similar to Pixie Epoxy, it's very easy to apply and blends clear. Like with any primer you only need a tiny amount.
I have worn it for 12+ hours without noticeing any creasing on my eyeshadows. It doesn't affect the way my eyeshadows blend or the color payoff. For me that's definitely the best of both worlds in one product.

However I don't know yet how you can get all the product out, but since the tube and applicator are very lipgloss-like, I'm assuming that won't be a problem.

The only reason I gave this 4 lippies is the price, that's almost twice the price of another eyeshadow primer. But since I love the results and can't find any other CON to using it, I declare this HG and will be repurchasing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by bubblegarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Brilliant! Lightweight formula that keeps my eyeshadow from smudging and creasing. It's also easier to blend with this as it doesn't give a very sticky finish that causes e/s to cake. I also love the sleek and practical packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

i love udpp eden, but i decided to give this one a try too since there was a lot of good reviews with this.
at first, i was not really impressed... but after continued use... i find that i tend to reach for this almost every day.
the reason i like this product, is that even though it is clear, it gives a nice sheen on your eye. almost like a brightener effect without any shimmers or any color. and the texture is lovely on the eye. really holds your eyeshadow in place all day long.. and i like that it comes with an easy no fuss applicator.

i would repurchase this again, when im done, despite it's high price tag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by northernwinterlude

Nars new eyeshadow base gets an enthusiastic thumbs up! I have been using my sample from Sephora over the past few days and I'm loving this eyeshadow base for various reasons. It seems to help control and curb oil production. I have oily lids, and it seems to have worsened thanks to the summer heat and humidity. I have tried different eyeshadow bases/primers in the past, UDPP is my current favourite, as it seems to make my eyeshadow look vibrant and helps my oily lids from getting excessively oily. Too Faced shadow insurance creased on my lids and Lorac's eyeshadow primer irritated my eyes. Nars eyeshadow primer is a whitish shade but once I blend it on my lids it appears colourless on my GGG skin. I do feel UD primer potion seems to do a slightly better job with making my eyeshadow colour look more vibrant verses Nars eyeshadow base. I absolutely love the fact that I have experienced no creasing and fading of my eyeshadow and eyeliner after 10 hrs of wear with Nars Smudge Proof eyeshadow base.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Very impressive eyeshadow primer! I got this as a sample from Sephora, and I've used it a couple of times and it really did make my eyeshadows more vibrant and held them in place for a pretty long period of time. I would say I average about 7-8 good hours of wear from this eyeshadow base before my e/s creases, and this has been in very humid weather. It also allows you to blend your shadows nicely, especially mineral shadows.
While better than most eyeshadow bases I've used, this NARS primer still doesn't trump my new HG from BE (BareMinerals Primetime eyelid primer). The Primetime eyelid primer from BE wears like cement on my lids, I swear! I get NO creasing at all- even in the most humid of weather- and my eyeshadows last the entire time I have them on. Of course, this makes it a little more difficult to remove my eye makeup at night... but to me? It's worth it!
So this NARS Smudge Proof eyeshadow base is very good, but BE's is excellent, IMO. :o) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm a convert! I tossed my UDPP into the trash after seeing that this kept my eyeliner intact for 15 hours! Mind you, I loved UDPP but it was a pain to apply evenly on the delicate eye area; I had to really smoosh it around to spread it, while the Nars primer applied very smoothly and evenly. It made my eyeliner last as long as my UDPP but it was so much more pleasant on my skin.

P.S. I don't understand why people are taking points off due to the fact that it doesn't even out/cover up their skin; it *never* claimed to do any of that, and I think that it is inaccurate to review a product for something that it never claimed to do.

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. It applies easily, dries down quickly, wears well, keeps shadow color true, and doesn't irritate my eyes. The only reason it's not an HG for me is because it's clear and I have red, vein-y eyelids, and so I prefer the coverage of UD PP, regular or Eden. But if you don't have that problem, forge ahead!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by BrendaLM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a free sample at sephora and tried it out and LOVE IT!! I live in Houston and the summers are blazing, so I noticed that the UDPP just did not hold out in the summer heat at all and have been looking for a different primer. I've tried benefit, TFSI, paint pots, elf and nyx nothing seemed to work. I must admit that I do have very oily lids especially in the summer and I have found a product that solves my problems. Goes on white to a clear finish and velvet to the touch. Will definitely be buying the full size.

12/20/10- Update
I have purchased the full size and loving it. I do notice that there is a slight white cast on the lid, but it does not effect the color application at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

this is my HG eye primer...it dries up to a clear base for eyeshadows to stick to...i can't believe this primer hadn't made my eyeshadow crease up to 15 long hours...(12 hours of work)...i would toss all of my other primers for this...will definitely repurchase over and over again...hope this is perm...