NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane · Talc · Cyclopentasiloxane · Disteardimonium Hectorite · Vp/Eicosene Copolymer · Dimethicone · Cetyl Ethylhexanoate · Cyclohexasiloxane · Sorbitan Sesquioleate · Trimethylsiloxysilicate · Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride · Propylene Carbonate · Peg-40 Stearate · Sorbitan Olivate · Tocopheryl Acetate · Cera Alba (Beeswax) · Phenoxyethanol · Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate · Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] · Triethoxycaprylylsilane · Castor Oil Phosphate · Sea Whip Extract · Mica · Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) · Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 7/26/2011 1:01:00 AM

Love this stuff. I put a tiny amount on my eyelid and barely rub where I put my eyeliner on the top & bottom lashes. Works like a charm, isn't too heavy, fabulous packaging. Much better than any other primers I've tried and I have tried many!

on 7/7/2011 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just two words: holy grail of e/s bases!!! This one comes in a container not a squeeze tube, so itīs easy to get the right amount, plus you donīt need an extra brush, just your finger tips. I love the fact that it does not smell and applies transparent (not white) - all MAC or NARS e/s I tried with smudgeproof base lasted about 12-14 h without creasing. In addition colors seem to apply & stay more brilliant. I love this stuff though itīs quite expensive (25 Euros) - but Iīll def. buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love it! So glad I listened to the ladies on the mu board. I put this on yesterday and wore my shadow for 13 hours in the hot sun and it was PERFECT at the end of the day ;o)

on 6/8/2011 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

HG of eye primers!
Eyeshadow stays in place even in hot humid weather.
Eyeshadow stays in place even after my sweaty workout.
No creasing, smudging.
Only downside is packaging & price.
Highly recommend regardless.
Would buy again!

on 6/2/2011 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I did not realize this has not been reviewed but if it has, I will add to it.

I have come from UDPP, TSI, Givenchy, Chanel and a few others... including cheapos like L'Oreal which was a total waste of money and effort. UDPP is good, as is TSI -- but these tend to make my ES seem crinkly -- maybe not the right word, but yes, crinkly. Both seemed quite drying to me -- and I don't have dry eyelids but I do wear eye cream and will not give that up for a cosmetic like a paint pot or ES.

When I heard about this last year I jumped and tried it.. it is still working now and I am about to purchase my second tube. It seems because it is in a tube which is easier to access than the disastrous UDPP, that it lasts longer and does not dry out like UDPP did inside the tube. I like that it looks white and goes on transparent and then, you just know it's there because your ES goes on beautifully and stays put for as many hours as you want.

love the product, will most def repurchase.

Update: In my search/quest for better/bigger/bushier eyebrows, I have tested this primer on them. OK, so I am still not Cara Delevigne..or Audrey Hepburn, BUT when I apply this on my eyebrows (after I have used all my eye creams and prepped my face for mu), I wait a few minutes to let it dry and then use either my pencils (Shu, YSL, Chanel) or powders (Anastasia, Clinique, Cle) .. whatever. And LO! the product stays on, I don't lose the tail end, nor does anything sweat off. I have these loss problems with both MUFE and MAC brow gels and I am this week testing these gel products on top of primer too. It should work and that would make me have almost perfect brows. After I use my coloring product, I use a waterproof mascara in brown and I have achieved a fuller effect on my brows.
I am about to purchase my 4th tube.. that's how invaluable this product is to me now.

on 6/2/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my FAVORITE Eyeshadow Base / Primer. As I get "older" and my skin changes, my eyelids have changed as well. Eyeshadow base is a must for me now as my lids have been slicker and slicker. I have tried a few bases... The obvious ones...UDPP (in original, Sin and Eden), Too Faced Shadow Insurance, MAC paint pots, Paula Dorf, the not so obvious - Lumene Eye Makeup Base, Np Set Eye Primer, & the list goes on.

This NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is by far the best I have tried. It is very lightweight, goes on white but dries quickly and sheer and absorbs any oil you might have on your lids. Bonus - no fragrance! It last ALL day and my shadow (creams and powders) does NOT budge. It's a little expensive - for a .26 oz tube (with a doe foot applicator) it runs $24. I only wish it came in a squeeze tube.

Now that I think about it, I might test drive this on NARS Cream Eye Shadows, which crease horribly on me, no matter what primer I use. This could be the ultimate test for me. If it doesn't crease with their own cream shadows, it will stay my HG.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this eye primer after years of using Art Deco Eyeshadow base. Over time, the Art Deco just lost its effectiveness, and my shadows started disappearing. I was unsure if the Nars base would work, since I have extremely oily eyelids (ironic, as the rest of my face is bone dry!) The Nars product works amazingly well, and is my new HG shadow base. The shadows/liners really do stay put all day, and everything looks almost exactly as it did when I applied it when I remove it at night.

I find the consistency/application of the product a bit strange. Very little product actually goes onto my applicator at a time, so I probably have to dip it into the tube about 3 times per eye. I thought that it wouldn't last very long because of that, but so far, it's still going strong 3 months later. It's hard to see how much is left in the tube, and I worry that it will be difficult to get it all out.

The negative points of this product are minor issues, the base works as it should, and that is the most important thing! I will definitely repurchase!

on 5/27/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For the longest time, I thought UDPP kept me crease free. I realized YEARS later that this wasn't true. Actually, I figured this out when I bought the new repackaged version of it. I took it back and exchanged it for this guy. I was iffy about this because of the price. $24 for an eye primer? I went for the plunge and I'm SO glad I did. I'm slowly starting to get into NARS products. The quality is definitely there.

This eye primer is AMAZING. It keeps my completely crease free for 8+ hours. I have extremely oily eyelids so its perfect as I have a long, long day and don't have the time to touch up my eyeshadow. The formula is a white-clearish color. It doesn't leave a color behind. I find that I have to rub it in as soon as I apply it so the glob doesn't dry and look chalky when I go in to smooth it onto my eye area. I did find it a little hard to blend using this the first few times of using it. Eventually, it became easy. I don't know if I'm nuts thinking it was harder to blend. Its a completely different formula from UDPP.

I really recommend trying this out. Especially those with greasy lids like me. Your eyeshadow artwork will hold up for a very long time! Perfect for summer coming up. Although this is expensive, it will last you a while so the price ends up evening itself out. Its always a good idea to stock up during sales, too. This is HG in my book.

on 5/27/2011 7:31:00 PM

OMG! Holy Grail right here! It as completely replaced all other eyeshadow primers for me. I have oily eyelids and the urban decay PP didn't work for me at all! This keeps it on so well..literally I feel like it would stay put for a full 24 hours!!

on 5/23/2011 8:27:00 PM

This stuff is literally the most amazing primer ever!!! I have been using this for over a year and I can't imagine ever going without it again. I am now just starting my third tube. Some people complain about the doe foot applicator but I like it. The price doesn't bother me 1) Because it works and 2) Because one tube lasts me atleast 6 months. This stuff is super silky and makes my eyeshadows so vibrant. I have used many primers and this is the only one that actually works. And when I put my eye makeup on at 8 in the morning, it still looks fresh when I take it off at 10 pm. I will buy this until it gets discontinued and when that happens I will buy as many tubes as I can so I never have to go without it!

Top Rated NARS Products