November 28, 2014 | 1932 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this for the staying power it provides--shadows do last long when placed over this--but I still prefer UDPP over this. I feel like shadows are more easily blendable over my UDPP than this NARS primer. Also, it leans a bit on the white side, and doesn't apply as transparent as UDPP, so looks a little weird on my lids...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by sephirias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i'm blown over by the staying power of this e/s base! my e/s remained fresh and vibrant after approx 7 hrs of wear in humid and muggy weather. what i like abt this is that the base goes on clear and non-chalky, unlike UDPP. it is however, a touch expensive as most NARS products are. i've only tried UDPP, laura mercier and WnW cream e/s as bases btw.

* EDIT: this stuff is seriously the BEST primer. ever. i wore rajasthan over this base for about 14 hrs in hot and humid weather yesterday. not only did the shadow stayed fresh, there was no creasing! my lids are super-duper oily btw. UDPP would've creased/melted after approximately 4-6 hrs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ErCar

I haven't written a review in a long time but this product was worth emerging from the laziness. I have quite possibly the oiliest lids ever. UD primer potion was a god-send to me because it actually made my eye-shadow last almost an entire day without creasing. Strangely enough, though, it stopped working as well the longer I used it. Then this NARS e/s base came along and I decided to try it. This blows UD primer potion out of the water. My eyeshadow is 100 times more pigmented (OK, not a literal calculation) and lasts until I wash it off at night. I can't imagine an e/s base that is more perfect than this one. My only qualm is that the tube doesn't contain a ton of product and it ain't super cheap. Other than that, this is amazing amazing amazing and I highly recommend it for all oily-lid girls who thought nothing would work for them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by evie1121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this to try at around the same time the UDPP xxl tube came out. But this product by far surpasses that UDPP and original UDPP on my oily lids.

You only need a little bit to work but it's tad difficult to tell since it disappears into a clear finish after it dries.

What I love most about NARS is 1) no creasing 2) i can finally wear MAC f/l now and it stays.

3) it's great for shimmer e/s .

I retested my older bottle of UDPP and it just doesn't compare to it. Also an oily skinned gal too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

WOW! Have I ever been on the fence about THIS base! It does the job swimmingly, I'll say that. Although it is quite sheer, on darker skin it will show up a bit especially if you don't rub it in and blend it before putting on your eye makeup.

But that's not even the real issue here. I have long bottom lashes as well as long top lashes. Applying this base to my top eyelids is fine! It works a like dream there! But on my BOTTOM lids... I have to apply it with care, time, and patience and literally pull the base from off of my lower lashes and stuff like that. Because once I blink, the base will run into my eyes very quickly and sting them and even make them run slightly and it will cloud up my contacts!

I hated it for a while thinking, why couldn't an expensive company like Nars come up with a base for the eyes that was comfortable and eye safe! But as long as I apply it to bottom lids with patience and care and remember to remove the base from the bottom lashes before I even blink, it's all fine for the whole day! LOL LOL LOL And my eyelids are really, really oily! Just a warning there though....

But I always do have my MAC paint pots which don't irritate my eyes ever at all, but this Nars base has the convenience of having its own applicator ready for you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by moodent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, this is the best eyeshadow base out there. Ive been using it for over 6 months now and it has never creased on me. I usually apply my makeup at 5am and remove it at 11pm and it lasts all day! I'm still on my first tube and looks like there is more left so there is a good amount of product in here!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by leftovercrumbs

I bought this thinking that I may finally find a eyeshadow primer/base that WILL NOT CREASE. However, this product proved too good to be true. I have really oily lids, and this creases within a couple hours.

Note: I've tried Urban Decay PRimer Potion, Too faced shadow insurance, Smashbox eye primer, and benefit f.y.eye and they have all creased on me too. The search continues...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first eye primer I've ever tried, so I can't compare to UDPP, although that seems to be the standard.

This product is truly amazing. I do not have particularly oily or dry lids, they're pretty average. I do however, experience creasing from all my eyeshadows and my really cheapo eyeshadows perform a great little disappearing act throughout the day. I have very long days, my eyeshadow needs to last from 7 AM to 9 or 10 PM.

I tested this out with the absolute worst quality eyeshadow you can imagine - I got it at Target in a palette for $1 and it seriously has no brand name (about 6 years ago). I applied the NARS base by dotting the brush on my eye and smoothing in with my finger from the lashline to just below my brow bone. Then I used a medium eyeshadow brush and applied a shimmery dark brown. The base let me use much less than I usually have to, which is good to know in the future, but I'm actually trying to use this up!

But here's the important part: NO CREASING AT ALL. I only ended up wearing it for about 7 hours, but that eyeshadow is so cheap I have to check on it every hour to wipe my crease clean. This product kept my eyeshadow looking so FRESH! Like I had just applied it 10 minutes ago! I'm in love. Thanks NARS!

TIP: If you apply too much, shadow blending and application get difficult. I used a little too much the first time and I had a hard time using the brush to spread the powder on. Thankfully it still does the job if you use a tiny bit, while letting you apply your shadow.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Nynsnow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I normally use UDPP (original) but I picked this up on a whim. They work about the same - my eye makeup stayed on just as long and looked just as great. The one thing I don't like is that I couldn't cut through the packaging to see if there was any product left like I can do with the UDPP. I can see some left in the bottom and I have a feeling there's more in the sides. No matter how much I wiggle the applicator, I just can't get it. Maybe I could cut through it if I had a saw but I'm too lazy to work that hard for a few dabs of primer. I'm going back to my UDPP because it's more affordable and if I get that new squeeze tube, I can get more for my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 More reviews by Texasbrian14

Your shadow will not move!!!! I have oily eye lids and this is one of the top eye primers that I have ever used! I have also had women come back and asked me which eye primer I used on them because their stuff stayed on all night! I like to use this primer with the creams to ensure even longer lasting, crease-free color!