January 27, 2015 | 1921 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In short, amazing. It dries clear and provides a perfectly smooth, adhesive base for shadow, and the color lasts ALL day -- from work to workouts. My eyes can be sensitive, and I use this with no issues at all. It's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by TaxDollar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love! On my second tube. Can't imagine life without it! This stuff makes my eyeshadow last forever. It even survives a 10 mile run at the gym!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by AliWhatWouldJoanDo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Amazing product. A must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by WhatWouldJaneDo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it! Can't believe I ever put on eyeshadow without it. Get more value out of all your eye makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by MerMcClain9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really liked the texture of this primer. I have been loyal to Urban Decay and Laura Mercier. I feel that this product works great; especially with the cream shadows from Nars. I love their cream shadows but they roll and disappear really quickly but with the shadow base; stayed put and didn't migrate! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good product. Only eye primer I use. Trust me, use this and your most fall-out prone shadow looks will stay in place all day and all night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely use eyeshadow, and if I do I wear very subtle shades. Usually by 2nd hour of wearing eyemakeup, you can't tell I even applied it. Since buying this my eye makeup has looked fresh even at the end of my usual 12 hour shift. I also use black eyeshadow to line my eyes and when I wear this underneath it last forever and I don't have smudges on my bottom lids.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this for the staying power it provides--shadows do last long when placed over this--but I still prefer UDPP over this. I feel like shadows are more easily blendable over my UDPP than this NARS primer. Also, it leans a bit on the white side, and doesn't apply as transparent as UDPP, so looks a little weird on my lids...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by sephirias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i'm blown over by the staying power of this e/s base! my e/s remained fresh and vibrant after approx 7 hrs of wear in humid and muggy weather. what i like abt this is that the base goes on clear and non-chalky, unlike UDPP. it is however, a touch expensive as most NARS products are. i've only tried UDPP, laura mercier and WnW cream e/s as bases btw.

* EDIT: this stuff is seriously the BEST primer. ever. i wore rajasthan over this base for about 14 hrs in hot and humid weather yesterday. not only did the shadow stayed fresh, there was no creasing! my lids are super-duper oily btw. UDPP would've creased/melted after approximately 4-6 hrs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ErCar

I haven't written a review in a long time but this product was worth emerging from the laziness. I have quite possibly the oiliest lids ever. UD primer potion was a god-send to me because it actually made my eye-shadow last almost an entire day without creasing. Strangely enough, though, it stopped working as well the longer I used it. Then this NARS e/s base came along and I decided to try it. This blows UD primer potion out of the water. My eyeshadow is 100 times more pigmented (OK, not a literal calculation) and lasts until I wash it off at night. I can't imagine an e/s base that is more perfect than this one. My only qualm is that the tube doesn't contain a ton of product and it ain't super cheap. Other than that, this is amazing amazing amazing and I highly recommend it for all oily-lid girls who thought nothing would work for them.