Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Brulee

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide (in Shade 255B), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (in Shade 254B), Silica (in Shade 257A), Methicone (in Shade 251A), Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer (in Shade 251A). May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090

on 12/17/2010 6:07:00 PM

Absolutely gorgeous color. It's great for a highlight or all over lid color. The texture is buttery smooth and it's very easy to blend. If you want a beige matte eyeshadow there is absolutely no need to go for a higher end brand, because this works just as well and for only $2. You just can't go wrong. The only con is that the container can be a little tough to open, but its tiny and great for throwing in your purse.

on 12/15/2010 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm NC15/20(neutral/warm), 38 yrs old and my eyelids are slightly discolored and this shadow is totally MLBB(My Lids But Better). It evens everything out making my eyes appear younger and fresher.The color is so perfect,in fact, that I wish I could use it under my eyes too. Makes a perfect base or blender for other shadows. Only $.99 at your nearest drugstore. It's a must try for everyone IMO.

on 12/10/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'll start off by saying everybody should have this in their stash. As cliched as that sounds, it's true. It is so buttery and smooth, everything and eyeshadow should be. It's just as good as my MAC shadows, maybe even better. I got this for .99 at at 50% off sale so I am beyond pleased. I don't have any complaints about the packaging. Mine opens easily (when I want it to, of course) and doesn't fly open if I drop it or move it.

I seriously love this eyeshadow and hope Wet n' Wild makes more colors with this formula.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have to seccond what every one else has said: this is awesome!

Mattes can be hard to do. The texture, color and pigmentation is just amazing! It is just so buttery and soft making it a dream to work with. The coverage is also amazing. It triumphs the stila and mac mattes I own. I am fair (NC15-20) and this is pretty much my skin color. It makes a great highlight or base color. It completely covers the veins on my lids. I pretty much use this everyday. NYX highlight used to be my favorite, but this dominated it!

I don't like the packing. It is too hard to open. But I do like how compact it is.

Get it!

on 12/5/2010 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

While the packaging is a bit flimsy, what's inside cannot be beat! I've been meaning to buy MAC's Brule for years but every time, I get wooed by another shade that suits me better - Vapour, Dazzlelight, Phloof or my all time favourite, Blanc Type. So I never actually get around to buying Brule. And now I'm glad I haven't because I've found this great "identical twin" for about 1/6th the price.

This is a great shade for highlighting, for a lid colour or for an all over wash on days when you don't want a very complicated look. Worn on its own, as a wash, with a dark navy, a black or a taupe-brown liner, this just makes me look "finished" and evens out the colour of my lids (hiding the blue tinge I have) just perfectly. It's a great way to have a very "polished" look without fuss. I'm just gobsmacked that you can buy such a high quality, blendable, highly pigmented product for such a low price. I will continue to buy and to try more products from the Colour Icon line and from Wet 'n' Wild generally.

on 12/1/2010 1:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this is love! it's my favorite highlight shade ever! I got this at Walgreens for 1.99 a steal, it's small and the packaging is hard to open but that is a small price to pay. I use this everyday as a highlight, it is soft, pigmented, matte shade that works well for my skin tone. It blends well and it overall perfect. The only complaint is my first one I dropped and it shattered, I can still use it, but I bought another one anyway, and for the price I am not too upset.

on 12/1/2010 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been fairly low-maintenance with my makeup lately (it's nearing finals week, ugh) so I've been really into easy neutral colors for everyday and saving my more fancy ones for weekend. WnW has really been a livesaver for me, between Brulee and Nutty I am more than set.
Brulee is a matte, yellow-ish beige, maybe a cream - as people have been writing, it really is "like my eyelids but better." It smooths out all the little imperfections and gives a really even base color to my eyelids. It's idiot-proof, really, I swipe this on in the morning and maybe some Nutty in the crease and I am out the door.
As with most WnW shadows lately, Brulee is buttery soft and very easy to blend, but not chalky at all. I barely need to press on the shadow with my brush to pick up any of it. The pigmentation is great, too, it's a light shade but not sheer.
I completely understand all the hype about this color now, and I'll definitely be stocking up the next time WnW goes on sale (usually Walgreens has 50% off sales, so I got this for $0.99).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This color is AWESOME!! I use this as a highlight, as all over the lid and only eyeliner. Its just great. Color pigmentation is beautiful, smooth silky finish. I definetly recommend this to everyone. This is a great dupe for Mac's Brule as well, except that....I do have to say this is way more pigmented...Sorry Mac, I never tought I would actually say that. There are 2 things I dislike about this shadow but will not make me stop buyingit. 1st. is that it is so fragile that it will brake or fall appart if you hit it even if its not too hard. If it falls thats it it completely brakes in tiny pcs. The other thing is that it is a bit too powdery and agin this wont make me stop purchasing this color, it is my HG highlight shadow for now.

on 11/28/2010 5:53:00 PM

I freaking love this eyeshadow. I always put on some Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and then this to wear to school. Just like someone below me said, it's like my eyelids, but better. Loooooooooooove. I like the little container it's in, too. Fancy schmancy.

on 11/19/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this at Walgreens on sale for 99 cents. I saw that the shadows were on sale, whipped out the phone and got onto MUA to read reviews (duh, because I would never just buy 99 cent eyeshadow as an impulse...LOL...I'm obsessed with reviews I can't help it...). So anyway, the top 3 that MUA seemed to like were Brulee, Nutty and Penny. I bought Brulee, Nutty and Sugar because I liked that white color (reminded me of MAC Vanilla, but I haven't tried it yet). Someone wrote in a review that Brulee is a great everyday was and she is so right...It's a color I'd definitely like to keep in my makeup bag in my purse in case I need a quick fix for eyeshadow, didn't have time to put any on that morning, or spent the night at someone's house and needed a fix in the AM. It's a very pretty color, seems like it would go really well with any skin tone, and the packaging actually isn't too bad either. I find the new Color Icon packaging very cute and easy. I am impressed with the quality and pigmentation of this shadow. I would consider Brulee a staple, and something I'd buy again, and buy multiples of to make sure there was always one around. My 99 cent buy was worth it :)