July 30, 2014 | 2164 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Brulee

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by TaperJeanGirl143

This product saves the day, everyday. Being as pale as I am and with some discoloration on my eyelids, I use this color first to even out the tone and create a great, blank canvas for any other shadows. I got this in a buy 1, get 1 free deal and I couldn't be happier. Matte, perfectly matches my skin tone, blendable, and highly pigmented. This is one of the drugstore gems, and I will continue to repurchase time and time again! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I'm sooo in love with this product!!!!!! To me, it doesn't look like MAC's Blanc Type (which, on me, was too white, chalky, and didn't apply smoothly), but a more ivory version of MAC's Brule. It's superduper cheap ($1.99 regular price, but even cheaper for me b/c I got 2 during a B1G1Free promotion), very pigmented, applies like a satiny dream, and highlights my under-browbone-area beautifully. I've already used this everyday for about 2 months, but even now, every time I apply it, it brings a smile to my face. This shadow makes my eye area/makeup look so pulled together and sophisticated. Yippee!!! =D~

UPDATE (3/24/11): I know I raved about this product previously but now I'm just not feelin it. =( My first Brulee only crumbled towards the very end, and even then, the large chunks stayed somewhat together so I could still use it. Unfortunately w/ my 2nd one, it started crumbling after only a few uses, and after about the 8th use, the whole thing disintegrated. And no matter how gently I handled it, product was spilling everywhere, so I had to toss it. =( For me, it's worth it to spend more money on a MAC shadow, use it for 6+ months, and not have it crumble, than it is to buy a $2 shadow and risk throwing it away after a week!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cheap, pigmented, easy to blend, NO GLITTER, matte, great to under the brow or to blend eyeshadows/tone them down if needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by urbanXglam

I bought this a while back when I saw the new Wet n Wild display at my local Zellers. It's a basic matte cream colour. I love it for my highlight or as a inner corner highlight. It's pretty pigmented and applies beautifully. I can't wait to try out the other colours and see how they compare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Count me in as a member of the Color Icon cult. These little babies are amazing! I bought Brulee and Nutty for $1.97 each and I have been using them every day since. The quality is outstanding. As others have said, Brulee works well as a wash all over the lid or as a highlight. It makes me look more awake with no shimmer, which I really like. I definitely suggest getting this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by yammii19

I LOVE TO USE THIS AS A HIGHTLIGHT, I LOVE MATTE ONES SO THIS IS PERFECT FOR ME.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Roboh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Cosigning other reviews. Superb!! Just what I was looking for!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these little suckers! I can tell you as a DS makeup buyer its not all that often you find everyone excited bout a 1.99 shadow but this wnw color icon single in Brulee is amazing. Its a multi-purpose shadow. I use it for all over wash before other colors to even out skin tone, for a neutral look u can wash this all over with darker crease color, a matte highlight or a blending shadow.. All these uses for 2 dollars! Buy this i promise u will find a use for it! It has a butter smooth texture and great pigment and last all day (with or without base on normal lids) all the new color icon collection is AMAZING! so run dont walk to get these diamonds in the rough.. Hope Wnw comes out with more, tons more i will own em all!
*update
Brulee has become a STAPLE in all my looks now. i cannot go without it. i love using it all over when i need an even lid, helps w/ pigmentation of my shadows since it evens it all out, but i use this daily as a blending color for my crease shade to my brow bone. esp since i use shadows on lid that are somewhat shimmer or sheen to them so i always like a matte highlight under the brow (very seldomly do i use the opposite but i do luv shimmer h/l (sometimes) but i always use this that way. from my crease shade to blend it out and under my brow. i will be buying a 1000 more, i know it and at $1.99 i can afford to esp since i wait for bogo 50% off sales since drgstores cant have real BOGOs sales anymore :( so im telling u if you need a great creamy gorgeous multipurpose affordable matte skintone highlight, RUN dont walk to pick up Brulee. PLEASE WETNWILD MAKE MORE OF THESE AMAZING SINGLES ESP MATTE SHADES! theyve rocked my world!
*update*
This is the only shadow in years that Ive actually hit pan on.. I hit pan and now its cracking or breaking a little bit since the shadow is soft. So i have to be really careful when i open or close or bring it with me. I cant live without this shadow since i use it EVERYDAY as a brow highlight. I love it to for blending out other shadows or placing along the outside of my shadows to make them look neat & clean, Its like a powder concealer. Its amazing pigmentation. Its almost the same shade as my skin but more neutral as I am very cool toned. But it works for so much. It covers my veins & discoloration on my eyes. I love it so much! i will always repurchase over & over since I use it more than any shadow & i own alot of shadows & this is the most used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Amazing shadow!
Honestly, pick this up over a more expensive brand if you can!
You will not be let down.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by klow9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank you MUA for saving me big bucks on a matte base color. I had to go to three stores to find this, but it was worth the trip. FYI, Walmart and Target no longer carry Wet N Wild in S. Cal. I cannot believe how creamy and pigmented this is. Sent back my Bobbi Brown Shore cream eyeshadow. It was fine, but not worth the $22 when $1.99 did the trick.