February 28, 2015 | 1964 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Brulee

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly16

I use this to cover up the dark colors in my lid & as a brow highlighter as well. Love the color & the versatility of this. My only gripe about this is the packaging, it's so darn hard to open it, and every time i snap it closed it would create such a force that the prod inside would get cracked up slowly. So after using this for a few weeks, I had to dump all the cracked up powder into a tiny pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by mechanicaljen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shadow is my-lids-but-better. I've tried other shades, but they look off on my NC20/25 skin. This pairs beautifully with UDPP in Sin, Brulee on lids and Sin as a primer and highlight. With liner it is a natural beauty look.

If you want to make a look out of the various monos in this line, this is the color to make it happen with. Pairs beautifully with Envy, Kitten, Penny or Nutty.

Practically a hundred ways to wear this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by CathleenM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm NC15 and this is my perfect my lids but better shade. It's a super soft and blendable shadow with really nice pigmentation, good enough pigmentation to easily cover my naturally ruddy lids. I like it best as a base color because it makes shadows really easy to blend on top of it, it's also really great for a "no makeup" makeup look. I can see myself going through this shadow and rebuying many many times!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by sunflower1221

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is another product I bought solely because of the reviews on MUA. It did not disappoint.

On me this provides the perfect base on which to build other colors. It's my skintone but better. This shadow covers the natural purple tones on my lids and lightens ever so slightly.

I can imagine using this alone with black liner and mascara for a classic look, and as a base for neutral day-time office makeup (which I did today).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

simply not impressed. not even for $2. i thought this shade was so wimpy, even used wet and/or over primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by kinshasa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just picked this up for 99 cents at Rite Aid. I needed a new neutral color to use under my eyebrows. I used it all over the lid as a base. I had been using Cover Girl Simply Ageless Corrector --- less $$ than MAC's primer. Well, this is cheaper than both of them! Yeah, it's hard to open, but for 99 cents, I'll deal with it.

EDIT: When you're about 3/4 finished with the product, the powder breaks up and you can't swipe it anymore. Be very careful opening it or the powder will fall out and go everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by iheartmypitbull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the most perfect shadow to use as a base. It really evens out the skin tone of the lid and provides the best canvas upon which to place other shadows. It goes on so buttery smooth and doesn't look powdery at all. I'm going to stock up in case it gets discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite matte highlight shades for my NC20 skin. I didn't like the color initially in the pan; it looks like a dusty shade for a highlight on my pale skin, but it works and blends really well. It works as a base color all over the lid to make blending easier... and also is good for blending harsh lines. It looks very natural and isn't too bright. The texture is smooth, buttery, and pigmented, and it feels like a high end shadow.
The packaging is difficult. I've already somehow managed to crumble half of the product in the pan. Boo! But it's so cheap, I'd re-buy anyways. Another favorite is Nutty. I use them both often.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by gothspice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Deserves to be a cult favorite. Beautiful neutral color that really brightens the eye. Great price. Took one lippie off as it is difficult to open.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I would love to have rated this higher, but can't. The shadow is extremely soft, creamy and blends easily however, it also creases on me after 4 hours of wear. I ALWAYS use a primer as I have oily lids, and have never had an issue with any other shadow creasing as quickly as this. I thought perhaps I didn't apply my primer evenly, but after a week of use and the same results, I can only attribute this to the shadow itself.

Anyway, the packaging is compact and the clear lid makes for easy ID amongst piles of other shadows but it is a pain in the ass to open. Don't attempt to open with nicely manicured nails as they will for sure see a chip. Overall, the shadow is good for it's price, but I've had better results with other drugstore products.