August 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful silver toned taupe. Unfortunately, as it turns out, it's just way too cool for me. I need a taupe with more of a plummy cast to be able to pull it off. If you're a warm toned gal, be aware that this color might not work for you. You might have better luck with Revlon's Nude Slip. I did a review of that, if you're interested. It's a beautiful taupe for those of us who can't pull off gray or silver.

However, the quality of the shadow is excellent; silky smooth, wonderfully blendable and deeply pigmented. It also seems to be very long lasting, although I do use foundation on my lids as primer. This is definitely high end quality for a very low end price. Honestly, when these kinds of products are available, you'd have to be crazy to pay 15, 20, or even 30 dollars for an eye shadow.

I was so pleased with the quality that I went back and bought every shade. At $2, I can. So what's better? One designer shadow, or eight designer QUALITY shadows? It's a no brainer to me.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG i just bought this and i LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! It's so pigment yet sooooooooo cheap!!!!! I will buy this and more of the other colors later!!!

Edit: This broke on me twice. The first time i set it back with rubbing alcohol but it didn't long for it to break on me again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is a cool taupe shade with hints of gray and a little bit of brown. I thought it was going to show up darker than it is actually does, so I was a little disappointed that I couldn't use it as a dark contouring color on my crease. However, it does work wonderfully as an allover wash of color when you're going for a neutral eyes look. I personally have to use this in conjunction with another taupe eyeshadow because I find that this is a bit too cool-toned for me, which is why I don't hail this as my super special HG eyeshadow shade. But it does its job and itís really cheap. I think the packaging looks cute (it's a tiny square-shaped pan with a clear plastic lid), but it is very lightweight and tends to move around whenever I try to dip my brush into it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by barbieismetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow how gorgeous, this color is perfect a taupe leaning more towards brown , very soft , highly pigmented and easily blended 100% worth the money.

I wear it over a MAC paint pot and it lasts all day ,will look to get more

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My local Wal-Mart has been sold out of this forever! I picked this up and there was only one on the shelf. This color is absolutely drop dead gorgeous. I wore it the first time today with MAC black fluidline and it looks amazing on. Everyone has already described the color and the texture is amazing. I can't believe that was under $4 dollars. I did put my UDPP on before hand. Get this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by kperfetto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This shade is almost an exact dupe for Stila's long-discontinued Puck eyeshadow: kind of a slivery, browish taupe with a slight sheen. Even the texture is pretty close, and that says a lot given Stila's wonderfully soft shadows. The packaging could be better, but for about two dollars a pop, it's a fair trade-off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I've been waiting for WnW to put out a taupe e/s in a single pan for awhile now, and oh, how they've delivered. This little guy is perfect. Nutty is a beautiful medium shimmery taupe shade. It's more on the brown side than grey. When on, it looks multi-dimensional to me. I love wearing it all over the lid, but I'm sure you could put it in the crease with a lighter lid color. These shadows are $2 apiece and they come in clear, flip-top pans. Unfortunately, they are square and obviously won't fit into MAC or ELF quads, but whatever. I highly recommend this shadow, especially if you are a neutrals kinda person. 5 stars!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by nikki5

I have been trying to find this e/s for awhile! It was always sold out, so strolling in my Walgreen's last week I stumbled upon this and picked it up! So pretty! I love WnW e/s and this new formulation they did is amazing. This shadow is a neutral shimmery taupey color with silvery undertones. I see some bronze in their too, but really depends on your skin tone, base you use, and lighting. It is a gorgeous neutral color. I love pairing this with WnW Fine Wink (which I think is discontinued now, boo). Also looks great on the lid and crease with Mac Mulch in the outer corner or the dupe in the WnW 6 shadow set in Vanity. Looks great by itself too. The pigmentation is fabulous and no fallout issues. It does have shimmer but I don't think it is OTT, it is subtle to give you a glow. And gotta love the WnW prices, $1.99, faboosh!

If you are neutral lover, this will def become a staple in your m/u bag!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ive been eyeballing this since i first saw it but hesitated to pick it up since i have a lot of taupe e/s's already. I broke down & bought it today anyways. Its a really lovely e/s & very similar to UD YDK. So similar i might give it to my daughter since i own YDK already. I have to admit the texture is nicer than YDK,very impressive if you ask me. Wish they had more colors in the singles, id buy more if they did.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by shahada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a gorgeous color!!! I had heard good things avt the new WnW shadows and thought taupe was a good, safe color to try. Shimmery with no fallout, lasts all day over paint pot as primer, very smooth, nice sheen. I don't find this glittery at all, just a perfect taupe lid color. Want to check out the other WnW singles now ... Would def purchase again!