August 28, 2014 | 1509 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by gomtik

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh: nothing special. I love the all-in-one professional mascara (CG) so I saw the reviews here and though I'd try to make my lashes more dramatic with this one. I've only used it between coats of all-in-one. It does add volume, but not as dramatically as I'd hoped. I'm also disappointed that it doesn't come in a curved brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by karix116

out of all the mascaras i've tried i think this is my favorite so far. it gives a good amount of volume, not super thick, but decent. its not clumpy and the brush is easy to handle with. i gave it a 4 because it doesnt really lengthen

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's easy to overlook this mascara amongst the myriad of drugstore mascaras who get praise and attention they may or may not deserve (I'm looking at YOU, Great Lash). But this is a damn good mascara. My lashes look a lot fuller after a few coats, and it doesn't flake throughout the day. I took some points off because it doesn't hold a curl for very long. Otherwise, a superb mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Cho1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a buy again and again product, probably one of the best mascaras I've ever used. Used to walk past it due to the mid-90's packaging (ha), but yeah, stupid me was passing up on this gem for so long. Almost completely smug proof without being glue style waterproof, gives nice thick black lashes, build-able without clump-able. Good stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by ZoSo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My search continues for a thickning mascara. I found this wet, not too wet like most but enough that it did not hold a curl. I did not like the brush, it caused marks on my lids from swishing. It did not thicken my lashes. It flaked within minutes of drying. Not to mention it irritated my eyes. This is a no go for me =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW WOW!!! I had to come in here and check out the reviews first after some convincing points..I decided to get it.and I am soooooooo happy I did!! This was like $4.99 vs. those expensive ones Dior and other that I tried that went straight to the garbage....this is a GREAT thickening mascara by far the best I have tried..A++++++ CG!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Amy4974

whoa... i have to say that i simply just love this mascara! it lengthens and thickens ur lashes in a very natural way, which is what im looking for. however, i have straight asian lashes and this mascara uncurl my already curled lashes a bit (yes, just a bit) after application. still the product's great and the price is very affordable. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

My favorite mascara so far!! It lengthens and thickens dramatically for me with a few coats. It doesn't smudge and flake, which is great for contact lense wearers like myself. It was cheap for its quality and the packaging is kinda basic but at the same time, it comes in a bright reddish color, which I like. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this mascara for a few months now, and I'm in love. I've always been a mascara junkie, and feel this uncontrolable need to try every new mascara that comes out. I tried Professional mascara a while back, but it was too blah for me. Initially, I was on the hunt for Jane Hi-Fiber, but after going to about 30 stores, I came to the conclusion it was no longer available in my area. I picked up STL instead, since it had good reviews on MUA. It's only around $4.00, but if you're lucky you'll catch it BOGO at Rite Aid, use two $1 off coupons, and get two for $2.00. The tube lasts forever, however when it gets older it definitely dries up a bit. Not enough to throw away, but enough to notice. This will not give you super dramatic lashes, but it will add volume and length for a natrual/semi-dramatic lash look. You will need a lash comb, which is a given for volumizing mascaras. The brush is nice and short, so you can reach those little lashes that hardly exist. It lasts all day/night without smudging or flaking. Overall I'd buy this again, and would recommend it to anyone.

Edit: Bumped my rating down to a 2. I stopped using this for a while and started using mascaras from L'Oreal, including Voluminous and my most recent favorite DE Beauty Tubes. After using them, I couldn't go back to STL. It's ok for a basic, slightly volumizing mascara, but it's not even close to what I'm looking for. I've also noticed that the mascara dries out quickly, causing it to clump and become more difficult to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by SierraMascara

This was my main mascara for a while. I have since moved on to other mascaras, but I still like Super Thick Lash. It lengthens, thickens, and defines. It comes off easily but stays put all day. It doesn't really hold a curl all day but I still think this mascara is really nice. I think that someday, when I'm done experimenting with mascaras, I'll come back for this one as an everyday-yet-still-fairly-dramatic mascara :) Give it a shot.