July 30, 2014 | 1458 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by ZoSo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My search continues for a thickning mascara. I found this wet, not too wet like most but enough that it did not hold a curl. I did not like the brush, it caused marks on my lids from swishing. It did not thicken my lashes. It flaked within minutes of drying. Not to mention it irritated my eyes. This is a no go for me =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW WOW!!! I had to come in here and check out the reviews first after some convincing points..I decided to get it.and I am soooooooo happy I did!! This was like $4.99 vs. those expensive ones Dior and other that I tried that went straight to the garbage....this is a GREAT thickening mascara by far the best I have tried..A++++++ CG!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Amy4974

whoa... i have to say that i simply just love this mascara! it lengthens and thickens ur lashes in a very natural way, which is what im looking for. however, i have straight asian lashes and this mascara uncurl my already curled lashes a bit (yes, just a bit) after application. still the product's great and the price is very affordable. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

My favorite mascara so far!! It lengthens and thickens dramatically for me with a few coats. It doesn't smudge and flake, which is great for contact lense wearers like myself. It was cheap for its quality and the packaging is kinda basic but at the same time, it comes in a bright reddish color, which I like. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this mascara for a few months now, and I'm in love. I've always been a mascara junkie, and feel this uncontrolable need to try every new mascara that comes out. I tried Professional mascara a while back, but it was too blah for me. Initially, I was on the hunt for Jane Hi-Fiber, but after going to about 30 stores, I came to the conclusion it was no longer available in my area. I picked up STL instead, since it had good reviews on MUA. It's only around $4.00, but if you're lucky you'll catch it BOGO at Rite Aid, use two $1 off coupons, and get two for $2.00. The tube lasts forever, however when it gets older it definitely dries up a bit. Not enough to throw away, but enough to notice. This will not give you super dramatic lashes, but it will add volume and length for a natrual/semi-dramatic lash look. You will need a lash comb, which is a given for volumizing mascaras. The brush is nice and short, so you can reach those little lashes that hardly exist. It lasts all day/night without smudging or flaking. Overall I'd buy this again, and would recommend it to anyone.

Edit: Bumped my rating down to a 2. I stopped using this for a while and started using mascaras from L'Oreal, including Voluminous and my most recent favorite DE Beauty Tubes. After using them, I couldn't go back to STL. It's ok for a basic, slightly volumizing mascara, but it's not even close to what I'm looking for. I've also noticed that the mascara dries out quickly, causing it to clump and become more difficult to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by SierraMascara

This was my main mascara for a while. I have since moved on to other mascaras, but I still like Super Thick Lash. It lengthens, thickens, and defines. It comes off easily but stays put all day. It doesn't really hold a curl all day but I still think this mascara is really nice. I think that someday, when I'm done experimenting with mascaras, I'll come back for this one as an everyday-yet-still-fairly-dramatic mascara :) Give it a shot.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

I was new to the realm of mascara and trying to find the "right" mascara. Even though I am still on the hunt, things have been narrowed down, thank goodness!
But at the time I figured you couldn't beat the price for what was being offered.
I wasn't crazy about it though. It didn't do much for my lashes except clump and flake. However it did have it's moments when it cooperated and my lashes did look nice, but it was not very often.
Now I noticed the packaging had changed so maybe the formula has too? For the price It wouldn't hurt to try it again now that I am more experienced with a wand, but when I think about the days where I had thick clumpy eyelashes I banish the thought.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Luquinb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am trying everything that has a 3.7-4.0. I have liked nothing....the one mascara that I liked scored a 2.0. I dont know about this web page

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

Update: (Let me preface this by saying that I have, and will always use my HG Shiseido mascara base under all my mascaras, so YMMV) I am upping my rating of this mascara to 5 lippies after using this for several more weeks. Amazingly, I think this humble little mascara may be the best one I've tried in all my makeup-wearing life (which is a very long time). It holds my curl, doesn't clump (looks incredibly natural), thickens, and lengthens. More amazingly, it lasts pretty much all day and easy to remove. I haven't stopped my search for the "perfect" mascara yet, but this one comes pretty close. At the incredibly low price of this product, I can't see at least not giving it a try. ---END UPDATE

This is a very decent mascara, especially for the inexpensive price, and I have to say, I am pretty impressed. I hate spending a ton of money on mascara, since you have to throw it out every 3 months, and this fits the bill. I was surprised that you can actually get a decent amount of length with this mascara,. As for thickness, while it does an above-average job in that category, it doesn't live up to being named "super thick lash". It's still nice and I would re-purchase, however, as an overall, everyday mascara. It does an admirable job of both lengthening and thickening. I do like that it doesn't make my lashes wilt; I can actually use this on its own with decent results without my HG Shiseido mascara base. It's also a drier mascara (which I like) and thus doesn't have a tendency to smear on me. Clumping is also not an issue. All-in-all, a very decent mascara that is worth a try. Not an HG (yet) but I doubt if I will ever find an HG mascara with my puny and pathetic lashes. I would not, however, hesitate to recommend this mascara - for me it is an above-average choice, and I am super-impressed with the fact that it does NOT wilt my curl! In fact, my lashes look pretty great all day long.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my staple mascara. It thickens my lashes up, adds length, and doesn't clump unless I completely overdo it. GREAT product and you can't beat it the price. The only negative is that it tends to dry out pretty fast.