December 21, 2014 | 889 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by morgiepoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG mascara!! the best ever, and i've tried lots of expensive ones, but I always come back to this! been using it for 4 years+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

A great drugstore secret and my HG mascara. This cheap gem thickens and lengthens without clumps and is very smudge-resistant. While it's not truly waterproof, it doesn't budge on me on hot, humid days or in slight rain or snow. It removes easily with my facial cleanser. I've tried just about everything over the years at Sephora, department stores and drugstores with disappointing results. Diorshow smudged, Lancome clumped, smudged or made me lose eyelashes, EL and Clinique ran, and the list goes on... No more wasting money! For me, the price, look and dependability is just right. UPDATE: Still astounded by the quality for the price compared to others. I get bored and try more pricey ones, but get so frustrated (like Fiberwig, Dior, Fairydrops, drugstore ones and always come back to this. I also discovered Lancome XL primer, which makes it even more long-lasting and voluminous. Excellent, hope they will never discontinue this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sylvanna

I really liked this mascara. Got it at Target for under $5, I believe. Anyways, this is a really good mascara for an everyday look. It give decent volume and length & doesn't clump

However, after a while, it just started flaking on me a lot. It was probably because I had this mascara for a long time (> 6 months) and it just dried out. Also, Cover Girl tests on animals. While I don't have the willpower to swear off CG products because of that, I'm constantly looking for replacements. I may repurchase if I can't find something else, but chances are I won't.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 8:30:00 AM More reviews by cinnamonstar

I already have lashes that are long, thick and curled - wearing too much mascara (ie. more than 1 coat) makes my eyes look very scary. My goal has always been to find an inexpensive (under $8)natural looking waterproof mascara that does not clump. It sounds impossible - it probably is. I've tried every drugstore mascara and haven't found anything. I remember trying Super Thick Lash about four years ago (because I read the reviews here!), I don't remember why I stopped. I guess that I wanted to try something new (also, at the time, I really liked a dramatic look) The mascara gives me thick feathery lashes that are mine, but enhanced. It is perfect for daytime (with 1 coat) and good for nighttime as well (1.5 to 2 coats).

I have to emphasize that this is a natural looking mascara that is for volume. Your lashes will look thicker - but not longer - and as since it is pretty natural, it won't likely hold a curl. It is a pretty mascara for everyday and to me, it has been perfect. The only thing is that it is not waterproof - it is marketed as "smudgeproof" and I have to say that this is true. On me, it does not bugdge or flake or anything. It is also fairly easy to remove. The packaging is not the most sophisticated - it has a bright pinky-red tube - but it is basic and gets the job done. I also like the wand - it is not too long nor too thick, it is long enough to be able to get into your lashes and reach the little ones. Before I forget, the brush itself is medium-sized, it is a good size (for me) because you can really go ahead and reach every lash. Also, the formula is neither too wet or dry, meaning that you can put it on and it wont smear all over your face (Great Lash, I'm looking at you) or be too dry so that it can't spread.

Overall, I really like this mascara but I don't think it is for everybody. It gives a pretty but subtle daytime look, which is perfect for me. (Anything else and I genuinely do look like Tammy Faye). I will definitely purchase this again, it was $5. The only bad thing about this mascara is that it rarely goes on sale. Sometimes the other Cover Girl Professional mascaras can be had for $3.99 or less but they don't include this one, even though it is also part of the Professional family. (On the body of the mascara it says "Professional" although the emphasis is really on "Super Thick Lash"). Still, it's cheap enough for me to be able to afford it (even on a crazy student budget) every 3 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by gomtik

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh: nothing special. I love the all-in-one professional mascara (CG) so I saw the reviews here and though I'd try to make my lashes more dramatic with this one. I've only used it between coats of all-in-one. It does add volume, but not as dramatically as I'd hoped. I'm also disappointed that it doesn't come in a curved brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by karix116

out of all the mascaras i've tried i think this is my favorite so far. it gives a good amount of volume, not super thick, but decent. its not clumpy and the brush is easy to handle with. i gave it a 4 because it doesnt really lengthen

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's easy to overlook this mascara amongst the myriad of drugstore mascaras who get praise and attention they may or may not deserve (I'm looking at YOU, Great Lash). But this is a damn good mascara. My lashes look a lot fuller after a few coats, and it doesn't flake throughout the day. I took some points off because it doesn't hold a curl for very long. Otherwise, a superb mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Cho1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a buy again and again product, probably one of the best mascaras I've ever used. Used to walk past it due to the mid-90's packaging (ha), but yeah, stupid me was passing up on this gem for so long. Almost completely smug proof without being glue style waterproof, gives nice thick black lashes, build-able without clump-able. Good stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by ZoSo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My search continues for a thickning mascara. I found this wet, not too wet like most but enough that it did not hold a curl. I did not like the brush, it caused marks on my lids from swishing. It did not thicken my lashes. It flaked within minutes of drying. Not to mention it irritated my eyes. This is a no go for me =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW WOW!!! I had to come in here and check out the reviews first after some convincing points..I decided to get it.and I am soooooooo happy I did!! This was like $4.99 vs. those expensive ones Dior and other that I tried that went straight to the garbage....this is a GREAT thickening mascara by far the best I have tried..A++++++ CG!!!