Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 9/5/2010 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have never been so squarely in the middle on a product...ever. I've been wanting this since it came out but just did not want to pay the price. I finally bit and bought it. Hey. I'm turning 47 in a couple of weeks...why not? Well, because really, truth be told here, I can get these benefits out of Nivea's Kiss of Cherry (for the color with better payoff) and Nivea's Kiss of Moisture (for the feel and moisturization). At 6 bucks for those combined, it's still way less than $22.50 for this product. Granted, the packaging on this tube is amazing and no more will I have to really worry that my basset hound Emma, who loves lip balms, will go after this one and chew it to shreds. But even so...$22.00?? I don't think so. It's luxurious; it's nice and, if you have the expendable cash, it's certainly worth a try if you're looking for a very moisturizing lip balm with good SPF...but this product is incredibly flimsy, soft, and personally, I don't twist it up a millimeter beyond the inner tube itself for fear it will break. When I apply it, I can feel the color core "wiggle" around in its housing. In short, I can't recommend it unless you want a REAL splurge. I probably won't buy it again...but I don't regret trying it.

on 8/31/2010 7:21:00 PM

I like all of the fresh lip balms a lot. The rose it a very natural color on me--a very barely there color. The balm is very moisturizing. You don't need to reaply this a lot as the moistizing effect is long lasting. I also tried the plum version. I like that one a bit more, as there is more color payoff on my lips. Both are great though.

on 8/29/2010 8:33:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product. I received it as a gift and, though, I do enjoy using it in the summer due to the spf 15 factor, I don't love it enough to repurchase. The color is okay, but not something I would wear by itself. The formula is super rich and emollient, and can my my lips feel coated if I apply too much. That said, It is moisturizing and the effect does last a looong time on the lips, which is the main purpose of a good lip balm.
Now, my least favorite aspect of this is that it melts like crazy when exposed to heat. Forget about carrying this in your purse in the summer or bringing to the beach, unless you want the contents to pour out of the tube as soon as you unscrew it. I don't know if it's the formula or the tube it comes in, but either way it is a real pain.
Speaking of the tube, it is very elegant and cool looking when you first get it, but after a while the black lettering comes off and it starts to look cheap. Perhaps not a huge deal, but for the price I'd expect better quality packaging.
All in all, this does its job when it comes to keeping your lips hydrated and protected all day, but it just has too many cons for me to consider purchasing it in the future.

on 8/29/2010 1:01:00 AM

I was afraid the rose tint would be too red at first but I was pleasantly surprised that it was so sheer and the formula very moisturizing. It's great for long days when you have to freshen up quick.

It's a bit expensive but when I think about the other alternatives out there it's just makes sense to splurge and get the quality product. I

on 8/24/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The color is gorgeous and easy to wear. The formula is not at all sticky. It feels just like lip balm, but better.

PROS: Felt good on. Easy to apply. Gives just a little color, which is not too cool of a pink. SPF!!

CONS: The smell took a little getting used to (rose?), but the longer it was on, the more used to it I got. It is VERY soft and I would suspect would melt very easily. Slightly large size makes it a little awkward to apply.

ALTERNATES: A decent dupe for this is Nivea's "A Kiss of Flavor Strawberry Tinted Lipcare."

on 8/8/2010 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Smells great and has a sturdy metal case. It gives you a great tint, much better than any drugstore tinted lip balm I've used in the past but that price tag is keeping me from repurchasing ever again.

on 8/8/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this. The color is AMAZING. I probably spent the same 22.50 on drugstore lip balm that just didn't do what this can. The moisture is wonderful, sun protection a great bonus and it tastes like a lipstick dipped in lemon curd.

on 8/1/2010 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I've tried the following colors: Rose, Honey, Petal and Plum. I've also bought the Fresh Sugar Intensive Treatment twice (which is clear). Rose is my favorite. I really didn't like Petal - it was too opaque/dark and was not the right color for me. I like Honey a lot too, which on me is a more natural nudist color. I will repurchase this many times as I enjoy the flavor, sheer rosiness and emollient quality of it.

on 7/23/2010 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although I love the regular non-tinted Fresh Lip balm, this one is just so-so compared to it. The color is okay, but its a bit messy and I find I want to apply it like a regular chapstick but then it gets outside the lines of my lips. I guess you could chalk that up to user error though ;)

Popular Lip Treatments