October 21, 2014 | 1283 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by leelamasson

At first I was in love. 4 to 5 weeks after use I was batting Bambi lashes and searching for a new mascara that didn't make my lashes look so fake they were that long. 4 more weeks later and I'm still in love and the envy of friends.
Then..... the bad news..... almost simultaneously the majority of my lashes fell out (ended their growth span?) leaving a few very long ones and the rest all but missing. I am hoping that this is some sort of growth coincidence but in the meantime I'm not very pleased with the bald spots and wearing dark glasses when and where possible. I will update on whether or not I manage to return to bambi or even normal status in due course.

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by denise8593

First off ladies let me tell you dont get suckered into buying Latisse when you can go to alldaychemist.com and get Lumigan which is the same thing for like 13 bucks a bottle. I just bought another two bottles and it cost me 50 bucks with shipping (they bang you on the shipping but its shipped express and I got mine in 7 days all the way from India) anyways let me just say this stuff works. I have been using for about 7 weeks and I notice a dramatic difference in my eyelashes and eyebrows. The only side effects I noticed on me was when I first started using it I would wake up with pink eye like crusties (but that has stopped) and my eyelid has darkened (which doesnt really bother me as now it looks like I am wearing a taupe eyeshadow) I use an eyeliner brush to apply and I use two drops for both eyelashes and eyelids. I want to see if one drop will cover all the areas so I can make it last longer. I bought 1000 hour eyelash dye and plan on dying my eyelashes here soon if I can find the time so that way I can go out without mascara. With one coat of mascara my eyelashes really pop. Buy this stuff ladies you will be lovin on it like I am.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by holly18421

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing! I am so impressed, I just bought my second container, the first lasted me 3 months. I only used one wand per day and it helped them last longer. My blond eyelashes are now darker and fuller and so much longer. I now only use a swipe or two of mascara to have over the top long lashes. People always ask is they are real, even my husband. I used to use the old(pulled from the shelves) formula of Revitalash, which worked well for me, the new formula not so much. This stuff is pricey but you can make it last and it works. I am hooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by acegirl1

Absolutely works! Noticed lash growth after 6 weeks of use. This product does make the skin above my upper lashes a little darker and I also have some new hair growth under my lower lashes on my face but it's not noticeable cosmetically. I have been using every other night to maintain and keep cost down....it really works!!! My lashes pop with one coat of mascara and are noticeably longer even without mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by tahrah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Lumigan for the last two months and it really does work. My eyelashes are double the size what they were before and twice as thick. I also have 'more' lashes than I had before. I've been quite lazy with my application and miss 2/3 days a week but surprisingly it still works. I've had no side effects. I ordered mine from valuepharmaceuticals which cost $55. When my current bottle finishes, I shall use Bimatoprost solution (cheaper version at $30) from the same company.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by asraicat

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ok Ladies... toss the applicators straight away. They are only included to meet the FDA standards.

I use a kolinsky sable eyeliner brush & use only 1 drop each night for BOTH eyes & brows! I've been using the same bottle for almost 2.5 months now so it really stretches. If you apply it while your eye is closed you get a nice transfer amount to your bottom lashes too.

I LOVE this stuff! In the summer with some extra colour & longer, darker lashes I'm ready to go at a moment's notice with minimal m/u & this is from a gal who was perfectly- groomed- mascara obsessed!!!

I'd be interested in the less expensive Lumigan but I won't need to re-invest for ages at this rate... my 4 month purchase will last the better part of a year based on usage so far.

The first week my lashline was irritated bu that passed & I haven't experience any iris darkening (green eyes)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by RoseFraser

Well...this stuff actually works as advertised.
I have been using it for about eight weeks now, and my eyelashes are thicker, longer, and curling up.
I stopped using the clumsy applicators that come with it, and used a fine eye-liner brush. When I was using the applicators, I was using too much product and it was getting into my eyes and making them quite sensitive to bright sun.
I tend to forget to apply it on some days, and I can still see a change.
I just wish that I had taken some "before" photos so that I could compare my lashes and brows.
My facialist (who I see once a month) can see a big difference, and says she has other clients who use Latisse who also have the same result. She can't wait to get some herself.
I'll keep buying this until I can't afford it. I usually don't wear makeup, and it looks like I am wearing mascara - albeit a light coat. This won't smudge, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by rustle

I've been a member of MUA for quite a while now - but this is my first post!

I had to chime in because I can't stand by and let you guys pay so much for what, in the end, can cost so little .

Ok, I get my Lumigan (same as Latisse) from Alldaychemist (an online pharmacy) for approx. $12 per 3ml vial. A lot of people have been doing this for quite a while (visit Essentialdayspa to read reviews on the 'Lumigan for lash growth' thread). Shipping is high at $24 worldwide regardless of order size - but you can stock up on their other cheapies if you like (retin A etc).

I, myself, have been on Lumigan for 7 weeks and have eyebrows filling in to where they were in my 20's! My lashes are slower to respond, but are steadily increasing in length and darkness. I am reliably informed by several other users that week 10 is often a really pivotal week - so, I'll be back to update here.

I've had no side effects such as redness, hyperpigmentation, or iris color change. Also no shedding (apart from the odd lash). This may be because I'm very careful to use a tiny amount (less than one drop overall for both eyes and both eyebrows) and I apply it once daily with a fine lipliner brush.

I think that's about it for now. Glad most of you are having good results so far!

UPDATE: 06/O2/09. I thought I should just let you all know that one of my eyes (right one) has shed about 12 lashes over a 2-3 day period. They were all old, thinnish hairs as far as I could tell, and there are no obvious bald patches - but still, I hope that doesn't carry on! I'm at the 8 1/2 week mark BTW.

UPDATE: 07/04.09. Someone was asking about the 12 lash fallout - and I have to tell you that the lashes all came back in. That eye (the right one) has always been either slower to respond or more problematic - but I'm now at 12 weeks and have very nice lashes without mascara, and totally stunning ones WITH mascara. I'll update again at week 16 to let you know if I reach OMG lashes WITHOUT mascara on! Just send me a message if I forget (more likely that I've just got confused and can't remember where I've left messages, and where I haven't!).

Where are all you other Latisse/Lumigan UPDATERS???

UPDATE: 08/13/09. Ok, I'm in my 19th week, moreorless, and have reasonably long, thickisk, darker lashes. No further fallout since week 8, you'll be pleased to hear! Yes, they are loads better than they were before Lumigan BUT I wouldn't say they are OMG lashes - yet! My American friend is several weeks ahead of me and has told me that her lashes have suddenly started to head for OMG territory very recently - so, hopefully I'll follow in her footsteps shortly, and will update again if they do.

My brows have filled in fairly well and are nearly black (from mid-brown) so pleased about that. They could still do with a bit more filling in on both inner and outer corners though - and I THOUGHT I detected a fresh growth spurt there last night, so maybe I'm heading for OMG lashes and brows in the next few weeks. We'll see. Nudge me again in a month, unless I get back sooner, ok? Good luck to all here (and those reading!).

UPDATE 09/20/09: Well, I'm moving toward the 6 month mark, and have never reached OMG lashes - as some people undoubtedly do....

So, I have prettier, longer and darker lashes overall, but nothing that is striking enough to really go without mascara or eyemakeup - which was what I was hoping for...

So, I've just put my Lumigan aside for the moment and will be using a fresh bottle of Mavala Double Lash to see what effect that has over the next month. If nothing else, my lashes will get a good bit of conditioning!

Brows? Yes, oddly I do feel that the Lumigan was of particular help in that area. I've definitely had quite good regrowth on brows that were overplucked for years, and they are ALMOST back to where they were in my twenties - but not quite!

Back in another month (nudge me!) to let you know what's going on.

01/26.10: Ooops, time flies! My update at this point would be that I never advanced forward from having adequate lashes from Lumigan. I stopped using it nightly several monts back as it didn't seem to manage to move me beyond a certain improvement - both in terms of lash and brow growth. So, I use it 2-3 times a week just to maintain a farily average response! I haven't written off the fact that it may start to work on me with more dramatic effects, so will keep a bottle to hand and continue with it about twice a week. If I get a sudden grwoth spurt, I will certainly let you all know. Most people have better results than I did - so do bear that in mind when you read this review, ok? Good luck everyone!

72 out of 72 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by stupendousC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also use Lumigan, it's the exact same thing (same concentration of active ingredient, and all the other ingredients there are the same too). Lumigan is ~50% cheaper so I dont' see why anyone should pay extra just to get the disposable eyeliner brushes that Latisse comes with. I've been using for 3 months now and it's looking really great, longer, bushier, but not thicker. I use a thin eyeliner brush with my Lumigan and clean it everyday. I have been slacking off recently, only using once every 3 days but the results have stuck around; however for the first 2 montsh I did use it nonstop everyday to get to where I am first. Even though it's kinda $$$, one bottle lasted me 2.5 months, and that's using 1-2 drops a night. Don't use a thick eyeliner brush cuz it really soaks up the solution, a smaller brush I feel helps you get the most bang for your buck. I don't even curl my lashes anymore, they got so long they naturally lift at the ends, awesome!!!

Since so many people have been asking, I'll answer some "FAQ"s here real quick:
1. How did I get it? I had to ask for a prescription from my eye doctor (but actually any doctor can write one), and I specifically asked for Lumigan so I dont' have to pay the mark-up for Latisse.
2. How much is it? I paid ~$100 for 2.5mL bottle, you can call around pharmacies and ask for price, but you can save a lot of time by just asking them to match price to Costco, because they're cheapest cash-wise anyway. Insurance most likely will not cover.
3. Side effects? Not for me, I loved it. I got a couple stray hairs in the inside corner of my eye, but it's not obvious or annoying.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by jcouch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used the product, had AWESOME results...but... bad news. I became allergic to it. I went to my dr. with a bad case of pink eye (so I thought) and was diagnosed with allergic conjuctivitis... similar to pink eye, but not caused by bacteria. I also had some eyelashes that grew into my eye and were pretty painful. The results were great while they lasted...but now I am in search of something else to replace it because after going off latisse, my eyelashes began to break off. So I am worse now than before...

Even though I had the reaction, I am going to try to use it again starting slowly and see if I have an allergic reaction again. I will post again to update.