November 27, 2014 | 1437 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my staples: it's a beautiful sheer color with a hint of pink to it; it's the nail polish that you choose when you want your nails to look clean and "finished," but not over the top. Now, I am strange about my nail colors -- it drives my husband crazy that I get my nails done only to come back with them looking as natural as possible. (His theory is that if you're going to pay to get your nails done, why not have them painted a "real color"?) But I like the more understated, simply clean look, and I've been using this nail polish for over a year now. Love it. If you're looking for flash or drama or pizazz, this isn't your polish; if you want your nails to look clean and well-manicured, this is your HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 5:27:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't get they hype about Mademoiselle. I am a huge fan of Essie sheer nudes, but Mademoiselle comes out like a clear polish on me! It's a great color to wear when my nails are short, and I want to look well groomed, but to me, this color is nothing special. I much prefer Ballet Slippers, Intimate, Pink Ribbon, and about 10 other Essie sheer nudes over this one, which really does not show up on me at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2005 9:03:00 PM More reviews by fallface

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A classic, and also a staple of mine. Perfect mix of clear and pink is the perfect discription! I can see why it gets such high votes from everyone around. I'll continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by JennRB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This polish is perfect in my opinion. It is my no-brainer option for my fingers. It even works great on my toes...and I normally prefer reds on them. There have been a few instances where I haven't had time to get a pedicure before a special event and I've used Mademoiselle; it looks clean, shiny and beautiful, and you can't tell that it was an at-home job. This is a great universal color. Essie is one of my favorite nail lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2005 1:36:00 AM More reviews by keymistress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this nude shade which is a hint of pink! goes on smooth and the slightly squarish bottle makes sure i don't drop it when i hold it between my knees while painting my nails ;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 7:31:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Too subtle for me - barely shows up! If that's what you're going for, cool. I prefer Ballet Slippers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 12:44:00 AM More reviews by dollfaced41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This really is a great polish. Subtle enough for any outfit and occasion from a dressy interview, to a casual day of shopping, this is a very sheer, milky pink. The best characteristic of this polish is how easy it is to apply. No streaks or gunking up and dries in 5 minutes flat, so if you're late for your date/work/etc you can slip it on quickly to add some polish to your hands without worrying about spending 15 minutes frantically re-doing your left thumb again and again...not that it's happened to me before...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2005 3:33:00 AM More reviews by seakitten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I prefer nail polish colors that are subtle, and Mademoiselle is definitely a subtle color! It is a pretty light pink sheer color that would look great on anyone. It doesn't contain any shimmer, but it has a nice glossy shine to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2005 11:04:00 AM More reviews by katherinegilmer

Everyone here is absolutely correct! This is an awesome polish! I must repeat what everyone else has said, "My nails, only better!" It doesn't streak, it dries quickly, and makes my nails look beautiful! I think it is perfect for all year round, especially for working professionals who want to look professional but still have their nails painted. I love it and will recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by endeara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm new to the world of nails. I never had a manicure until my wedding 3 years ago. I hadn't polished my nails myself in over 5 years, and I have never worn colored nail polish.....ever. I don't, however, want man-hands and I have recently been admiring the clean-looking manicures sported by the women on my favorite cooking shows. So with a bottle of a sheer pink Revlon, I went to my local nail parlor. Loved the result. So I upped the ante and paid for an Essie bottle of Mademoiselle that I had read about in InStyle. What can I say....perfect. It's a clean, simple, elegant cross of pink and clear that works well with my pale skin and even cleans up any discoloring I may have around my cuticles from self-tanning. It's so sheer and chip resistant that I could go over 2 weeks without repolishing. I love it...it's my HG (not that there are many in competition.) Now for my toes....