July 29, 2014 | 1877 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2005 9:03:00 PM More reviews by fallface

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A classic, and also a staple of mine. Perfect mix of clear and pink is the perfect discription! I can see why it gets such high votes from everyone around. I'll continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by JennRB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This polish is perfect in my opinion. It is my no-brainer option for my fingers. It even works great on my toes...and I normally prefer reds on them. There have been a few instances where I haven't had time to get a pedicure before a special event and I've used Mademoiselle; it looks clean, shiny and beautiful, and you can't tell that it was an at-home job. This is a great universal color. Essie is one of my favorite nail lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2005 1:36:00 AM More reviews by keymistress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this nude shade which is a hint of pink! goes on smooth and the slightly squarish bottle makes sure i don't drop it when i hold it between my knees while painting my nails ;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 7:31:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Too subtle for me - barely shows up! If that's what you're going for, cool. I prefer Ballet Slippers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 12:44:00 AM More reviews by dollfaced41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This really is a great polish. Subtle enough for any outfit and occasion from a dressy interview, to a casual day of shopping, this is a very sheer, milky pink. The best characteristic of this polish is how easy it is to apply. No streaks or gunking up and dries in 5 minutes flat, so if you're late for your date/work/etc you can slip it on quickly to add some polish to your hands without worrying about spending 15 minutes frantically re-doing your left thumb again and again...not that it's happened to me before...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2005 3:33:00 AM More reviews by seakitten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I prefer nail polish colors that are subtle, and Mademoiselle is definitely a subtle color! It is a pretty light pink sheer color that would look great on anyone. It doesn't contain any shimmer, but it has a nice glossy shine to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2005 11:04:00 AM More reviews by katherinegilmer

Everyone here is absolutely correct! This is an awesome polish! I must repeat what everyone else has said, "My nails, only better!" It doesn't streak, it dries quickly, and makes my nails look beautiful! I think it is perfect for all year round, especially for working professionals who want to look professional but still have their nails painted. I love it and will recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by endeara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm new to the world of nails. I never had a manicure until my wedding 3 years ago. I hadn't polished my nails myself in over 5 years, and I have never worn colored nail polish.....ever. I don't, however, want man-hands and I have recently been admiring the clean-looking manicures sported by the women on my favorite cooking shows. So with a bottle of a sheer pink Revlon, I went to my local nail parlor. Loved the result. So I upped the ante and paid for an Essie bottle of Mademoiselle that I had read about in InStyle. What can I say....perfect. It's a clean, simple, elegant cross of pink and clear that works well with my pale skin and even cleans up any discoloring I may have around my cuticles from self-tanning. It's so sheer and chip resistant that I could go over 2 weeks without repolishing. I love it...it's my HG (not that there are many in competition.) Now for my toes....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2005 12:27:00 PM More reviews by the58thfacet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must concur with most other reviews here...this is the perfect combination of pink & clear polish. It is a "pink version" of Allure (which is another favorite). If you have natural nails, this is beautiful with 2 coats. It covers any imperfections or yellow tinge and still remains translucent unlike some of the chalkier shades. I'm wondering if the negative reviews came from those with acrylics. I can see how this color would not work well on acrylics. This is a must in your polish "closet" if you have natural nails, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2005 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Polish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite pink polish. I am a nail tech and I have tried soooo many versions of pale pink. But like others have noted, Mademoiselle is a mixture of pink and clear which makes for shiny, gleamy, perfect nails!