April 19, 2014 | 1786 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2005 3:33:00 AM More reviews by seakitten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I prefer nail polish colors that are subtle, and Mademoiselle is definitely a subtle color! It is a pretty light pink sheer color that would look great on anyone. It doesn't contain any shimmer, but it has a nice glossy shine to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2005 11:04:00 AM More reviews by katherinegilmer

Everyone here is absolutely correct! This is an awesome polish! I must repeat what everyone else has said, "My nails, only better!" It doesn't streak, it dries quickly, and makes my nails look beautiful! I think it is perfect for all year round, especially for working professionals who want to look professional but still have their nails painted. I love it and will recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by endeara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm new to the world of nails. I never had a manicure until my wedding 3 years ago. I hadn't polished my nails myself in over 5 years, and I have never worn colored nail polish.....ever. I don't, however, want man-hands and I have recently been admiring the clean-looking manicures sported by the women on my favorite cooking shows. So with a bottle of a sheer pink Revlon, I went to my local nail parlor. Loved the result. So I upped the ante and paid for an Essie bottle of Mademoiselle that I had read about in InStyle. What can I say....perfect. It's a clean, simple, elegant cross of pink and clear that works well with my pale skin and even cleans up any discoloring I may have around my cuticles from self-tanning. It's so sheer and chip resistant that I could go over 2 weeks without repolishing. I love it...it's my HG (not that there are many in competition.) Now for my toes....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2005 12:27:00 PM More reviews by the58thfacet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must concur with most other reviews here...this is the perfect combination of pink & clear polish. It is a "pink version" of Allure (which is another favorite). If you have natural nails, this is beautiful with 2 coats. It covers any imperfections or yellow tinge and still remains translucent unlike some of the chalkier shades. I'm wondering if the negative reviews came from those with acrylics. I can see how this color would not work well on acrylics. This is a must in your polish "closet" if you have natural nails, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2005 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Polish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite pink polish. I am a nail tech and I have tried soooo many versions of pale pink. But like others have noted, Mademoiselle is a mixture of pink and clear which makes for shiny, gleamy, perfect nails!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2005 5:38:00 PM More reviews by picholine506

a very sheer pink with a slight milky touch. a great alternative to clear nail polish. it's also great for french manis/pedis. i bought this and marshmellow at beauty brands for $5.98 each and received a 0.3 oz seche vite top coat for free. will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2005 9:09:00 PM More reviews by TXIRISH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good mix of pink and clear. Great clean look. Stays well and works well with my pale skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2005 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mmm12

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is like clear nail polish but better- also perfect for a french/american manicure

COLOR: More than sheer, this is clear that has a slight milky pink tint to it.

PROS: Very sheer, clean and natural looking, highly shiny, leaves the wet look on nails, doesnt streak, long lasting

CONS: Looks nothing like the color in the bottle, can look pasty if you use too many coats

Overall, I love this polish and never wear clear on nails anymore beacuse this color replaced that. This truly is Your Nail But Better and provides a healthy look to any fingernail.

PRICE: 3-7$usd, found at salons, some beauty supply stores, and online.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2005 6:50:00 AM More reviews by bergamot

A milky pink colour. My nails look "clean" & polished when using this. Great colour for the office.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2005 1:13:00 PM More reviews by alasindocs

This is a simply divine nail polish. It is the perfect everyday polish. It makes your nails look glossy and healthy with just the barest hint of translucent pale pink color.
No streaking, and it wears like a dream. This is a nail care staple for everyone.