December 21, 2014 | 1258 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by rhalls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

i dont usually rave about hair products, as they all seem to do the same sort of thing. used to use john frieda's frizz ease serum which tamed my thick, dark, damaged hair, but i think morrocan oil is now my new replacement.
i heard about this from magazines and stars such as nicole richie who claim it is their hair saviour, and although i am impressed, it is certainly not a miracle product for those with very very dry and damaged hair. it is good, but only as good as the other good serums out there. i wouldnt say that it fixes split ends (as no product can) but its does smooth them down for a few days after washing.
i use just a 10p size amount on my long, thick hair after towel drying then blow dry and tsraighten as usual. it is very similar to a serum but i think it gives just that little bit more moisturisation, and the smell is gorgeous.
it is expensive, so i would recommmend frizz ease serum (the purple one for driest hair) for those who cannot afford morrocan oil as it seems to be a good alternative. if you can afford it, i would definitely recommend morroccan oil as it is a lovely treat for the hair, especially hair which has been heat and bleach damaged.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by jaritos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Moroccan Oil! God, is this in everyone's hair? Ok, I was seduced. I gave up my silicone ban after trying some out on a visit to a friend's place. It smells so nice! It looks so exotic and fancy! But honey, this stuff is OVERRATED. I mean, whatever, it's oil, it's fine, it works ok on curly/wavy hair (I'm 2b). But it isn't some cure all. As a previous reviewer said, it just coats your hair in silicone and if you are straight ironing or blow drying you'd never notice the difference. I still needed to use a pomade with it to really get a good texture to my curls and it is greeeezy. Plus, once you break a bottle of this all over your floor and notice how paper towels can't even really soak it up, you might wonder what it is you are pouring on your head. Plus you'll be like, crap, I just broke 50 dollars all over my floor. Whatever, Moroccanoil, I'm over you.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I firstly have to agree with everyone else who says that this smells great, because it smells utterly amazing. A deep yet fresh musky sort of smell, love it! Now onto the actual product. I admit to not using this very often, but rather on special occasions where I want my hair to feel silky soft and look healthy. My hair is pretty damaged due to excessive colouring and long-term heat exposure, so it's always good to know that if my hair's overwhelmingly dry feeling; I can put a bit of this in my hair and just comb it through for softer feeling hair. The only problem I have with this is that there's a potential for over doing it and making your hair irreversibly greasy and slick looking (yuck!) and also because as some people say; it contains silicone (plastic) and I don't think it's too good to repeatedly put that in your hair. I'm also not too sure about how this can possibly pass as a heat protectant, but each to their own I guess. As far as this Moroccain Oil goes, I really do like it, but it's not something I'd ever use daily. Just in moderation or for special occasions when you want your hair feeling extra nice and special. I also love how long this seems to last; having had it over two months and yet to get past the neck of the bottle. Would I repurchase? You betcha!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by AllTheTrees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first, I loved my Morrocan Oil- the smell is amazing, complex, and unique. It made my hair seem like it was healthier and shiny. However, there are a few cons that started to come up down the line:

1. This is full of silicon and not as natural as I was duped into thinking.

2. It is nearly impossible to keep the oil on your hair from ever touching your face (Think: your hands touch your hair and then your face- or a piece of hair falls on your face). So every time I use this, I end up with a little breakout of cystic pimples (not normal for me).

3. I don't wash my hair everyday and that keeps it really healthy. When I use Moroccan Oil, I have to wash it often because it ends up looking greasy after a day. This would be fine if the product were making my hair healthy, however...

4. This product just creates the illusion of healthy hair by coating it in silicones. If you want healthy hair, find some pure 100% argon oil (and argan oil alone doesn't give you acne either, so that's a double plus).

So I won't buy Moroccan Oil anymore. I still LOVE the smell though- I wish they made a perfume!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by CrazzyShiv

As a very lazy college student/full time employed person lol (i don't know if that even makes sense) I absolutely love love love this product will not go without it and is all I need to keep my hair in great shape. I do not use any heat protection spray or serum or anything. My hair routine is Wash and Condition with Paul Mitchell shampoo the color protect one and apply this in damp hair. I let my hair air dry while I do my homework and finish chores lol then I straighten it. No split ends, no dryness, no hair loss and no frizz. The price is totally worth it and a little goes a long way so it'll last for some time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

Really love this product and it does make your hair dry quicker! It also makes it really shiny. The scent is nice but it gets to me after a while so I am torn between this product and Fekkai glossing cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by shannancollins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I only need a little bit and it really makes my natural curly frizzy hair,silky smooth. I also use Fekkai intense conditioner with it.(i love to mix products).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Renaee5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After having basically a chemcial cut a friend gave me a bottle of moroccan oil to try to make the breakage less noticable and to make my hair less fried looking. I HATED IT. first of all its sooo greasy and if you use to much it makes your hair look like you havent washed it in days. Also DONT use this product on very light blonde hair (probably leves 8 and up) b/c if you keep using it often your hair will get that brassy color since the product its self is orange. there are much better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Fembottle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the Light Moroccan Oil. I have lots of fine, wavy to curly, long, greying hair that is dyed and highlighted. I really like the way this product makes my hair smell. I use about a 1/2 tsp and work through my hair after washing and conditioning. I've been using if for aobut 3 months and I'm not sure if it is improving the quality of my hair but I enjoy using it.
One of my good friends uses it and swears it is the only product she needs now. She has similar hair to mine and generally lets it air dry. Occasionally I get a whiff of the oil of her hair and it smells really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by lalee2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best hair products out there!!! I have very curly, curly thick hair. My hair is very unruly and frizzy and this product with a hair dryer and a flat iron give me straight smooth shiny locks every time. Even for my thick hair just a small dime sized amount in my palm does the trick. If that small amount works on my hair I could see how it would make someone with fine or thing hair into a greasy mess. But I LOVE this product!