February 28, 2015 | 1958 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by PrincessVela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm generally confused by this mascara. At first, it applied wonderfully, giving me long, dark, slightly curled eyelashes without getting clumpy...but after a while, it seems to have dried out a bit and tends to clump waaayyy easier. The clumping isn't more of a problem than it is with any other mascara I have tried...but the clumping has also brought Iconic to the approximate level of most mascaras I have tried. Great, but not as dramatic as I would like (anymore). On the upside, this really stays on all day, but comes off easily with a good eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by burkemarina

My tube of Diorshow Iconic (silver tube) was finished and I went back to Sephora to repurchase. The sales assistant recommended that this time 'round I try the Diorshow (black tube), she said it did everything, like the Iconic and then some. How wrong she was! Even though Diorshow works well for me when I'm wearing a base, it does not give as good results as the Diorshow Iconic which I will repurchase and continue to use forever. I miss the compliments!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by chinkywinky

Its a good thing I didn't buy this mascara because its a complete waste of money. I received a sample from one of my Japanese magazines. The formulation is thick and weighs my lashes down. It actually uncurls my lashes after application right after curling my lashes. My HGs (Imju Fiberwig & Majolica Majorca Lash Goreous Wing) do not do this. I don't know how its supposed to curl lashes when it actually uncurls mine. The mascara brush has short plastic bristles that clumps my lashes...no separation at all! I need to use my lash comb afterward.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the negative reviews of this great mascara. I got a sample and I let it lie in my drawer for weeks before trying it. What a nice surprise. It curls my lashes, and because it defines and separates every single lash, it makes them look longer and fuller. But what I like most about it is the way it defines and separates lashes. It does not clump (and I put on more than one layer), it does not flake, it does not run. It is a bit hard to get off. I have to use my beloved DHC Cleansing Oil twice. But it's worth the effort. I'm getting the full size when my sample is used up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by utopiandream

This mascara can be intimidating due to the price but it's well worth the money. The brush is different from other mascaras and has silicone bristles that swirl around the brush to help curl and lift your lashes. It also helps in separating them so you won't have any nasty lumps. The curl and length it gives my lashes last for hours and hours and I've had no issues with smudging or flaking and it comes off easily with make up remover. After trying it I decided to get rid of my other mascaras since I think it's my holy grail.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by runty

Probably one of the best mascaras out there! I find it hard to keep a curl in my lashes, even with a curler. This really does work pretty well! It lengthens and separates really well. However I find that by the end of the day I have black circles under my eyes, and its quite hard to remove. But it looks great for most of the day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been searching for the perfect mascara since forever! I have never purchased the same one twice because none of them have been worth a second purchase - until now. This could possible be the most perfect mascara ever, and I'm pretty demanding with my mascara - I only ever use one coat of mascara, and I want something super jet black that wil both lengthen and thicken my lashes and hold the curl without flaking or smudging. This mascara, surprisingly, meets all of my demands. With just one coat, my lashes are longer and thicker to the extreme. And I really love the brush too, although it is a bit big which makes it difficult to manage. It can clump if you don't be careful, you really have to wiggle the brush. But it doesn't flake or smudge, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. And it is easy to remove, too. I am really impressed with this mascara, and despite it's high price, I will buy it again. I never plan to use anything else.

EDIT Still in love with this mascara. Never flakes, smudges or irritates my eyes. Lasts all day, only requires one coat, and makes my lashes look fab! So worth the high price. I always wait til I have a coupon at Sephora so I can buy it at a discount.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know why but I didn't like the rather dry formula of this mascara. It wasn't at all shiny or glossy like Imju Fiberwig (current HG), and while it did impart more volume, more length and overall drama compared to my Fiberwig, it smudged several times throughout the day and I just can't tolerate that.

EDIT: I used this to take some self-portraits for an Art assignment and I loved the effect. So it would be great for photoshoot opportunities, but not everyday for me because the the smudging issue I have. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by litgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty uninspiring. I have medium length, OK lashes and this mascara actually makes them look worse. It sticks lashes together, doesn't lengthen much nor does it thicken. Very hard to remove, even with oil-based products. Yes, it provides a bit of curl, but it's insignificant; just use an eyelash curler instead. It doesn't flake, but difficult removal has to be taken into account - once it sets, you have these verrry black (not so good for blondes), spiky, crusty eyelashes to last you all day long :) Back to Diorshow with Lancome's Definicils aplied only to the tips of lashes (great combo!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

Even though I am a huge fan of the original DiorShow, I held off on trying this because my thought is, why fix something that's broken? Plus, this is a tiny bit pricier ($27 vs. $24)... that extra $3 could be a Wet 'n Wild or NYC product at the drugsotre - lol!

I got this in the set with the mini lipstick at Sephora. It came in a cute black carrying case that I can probably reuse for lipglosses and such, so I didn't mind shelling out the $27.

About me: I'm a mascara junkie because I have short, thin, dinky eyelashes that are hard to curl, so I'm always on the lookout for the next best thing. In the last few weeks, I've been test driving various new drugstore mascaras, but none really were just perfect for me, so I decided to go back to department store.

The Iconic mascara claims to define, lengthen, and curl, so I was intrigued. I didn't expect my lashes to look like the beautiful advertisement with Monica Bellucci (obviously), but I did have pretty high expectations, for the price and being that it's Dior.

The brush is one of those new fangled plastic bristley ones, and the bristles are all arranged in a spiral. The brush size is a little bigger than say, Chanel Inimitable, but smaller than CG Lashblast. I applied this by "rolling" the brush along the lengths of my lashes. After the first coat, I did notice that my lashes were "lifted" -- but didn't notice much else. I did the other eye, then came back and applied a second coat with the same methodology, and that's when I noticed the length and more definition. This certainly does not volumize as much as the regular DiorShow, but it gives more volumization than most lenghtening style mascaras.

This wore all day without clumping or flaking. I didn't use a lash curler, but my lashes stayed uplifted for the whole day. The black color is a nice, deep black (very important to me) -- my lashes didn't feel brittle or hard to the touch, and the mascara removed easily at the end of the day with my Almay remover pads.

Overall, I believe that I would repurchase and add this to my list of HG mascaras (so far being regular DiorShow and YSL Faux Cils). I'll update if anything changes! continued >>