Dior Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

Aqua (water), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolmer, Ploybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl, Polyacyladipate-2, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, C18-26 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Silica, Hydroxyethyl- cellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycerol, Tetrasodium Eda, Sodium Laureth -12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Polyacrylate, Sericin, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben ( /- : CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens)).

on 2/14/2009 7:36:00 PM

Oh How I wanted to love this! I am a mascara junkie I have tried soooooooooooooooo many trying to find that perfect one. I should have stopped at Lancome Hypnose. Iconic is ok but doesnt give me the dramatic look I love so much. I would have to apply so much in order to get the look thatI want so back to Sephora it went.

on 2/13/2009 1:39:00 PM

I really want to like this mascara, but I can't. It does do a lot for your lashes - it's really good at defining and separating, it's a nice dark black color, it holds a curl, and it makes them longer. I don't think it's very good at volumizing, but I think those things may be mutually exclusive.

The problem? It smudges all over the place. I can't get through a day without raccoon eyes. I think it's really embarrassing to look in the mirror and discover a zombie. Other people don't seem to have this problem, so maybe I just have oily .. eyelashes.. or something.

My guess is a waterproof version would fix this problem, but I just can't wear something that does such a thing.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I'm generally confused by this mascara. At first, it applied wonderfully, giving me long, dark, slightly curled eyelashes without getting clumpy...but after a while, it seems to have dried out a bit and tends to clump waaayyy easier. The clumping isn't more of a problem than it is with any other mascara I have tried...but the clumping has also brought Iconic to the approximate level of most mascaras I have tried. Great, but not as dramatic as I would like (anymore). On the upside, this really stays on all day, but comes off easily with a good eye makeup remover.

on 2/8/2009 4:25:00 PM

My tube of Diorshow Iconic (silver tube) was finished and I went back to Sephora to repurchase. The sales assistant recommended that this time 'round I try the Diorshow (black tube), she said it did everything, like the Iconic and then some. How wrong she was! Even though Diorshow works well for me when I'm wearing a base, it does not give as good results as the Diorshow Iconic which I will repurchase and continue to use forever. I miss the compliments!!

on 2/6/2009 10:04:00 PM

Its a good thing I didn't buy this mascara because its a complete waste of money. I received a sample from one of my Japanese magazines. The formulation is thick and weighs my lashes down. It actually uncurls my lashes after application right after curling my lashes. My HGs (Imju Fiberwig & Majolica Majorca Lash Goreous Wing) do not do this. I don't know how its supposed to curl lashes when it actually uncurls mine. The mascara brush has short plastic bristles that clumps my lashes...no separation at all! I need to use my lash comb afterward.

on 2/4/2009 8:19:00 PM

I don't understand the negative reviews of this great mascara. I got a sample and I let it lie in my drawer for weeks before trying it. What a nice surprise. It curls my lashes, and because it defines and separates every single lash, it makes them look longer and fuller. But what I like most about it is the way it defines and separates lashes. It does not clump (and I put on more than one layer), it does not flake, it does not run. It is a bit hard to get off. I have to use my beloved DHC Cleansing Oil twice. But it's worth the effort. I'm getting the full size when my sample is used up.

This mascara can be intimidating due to the price but it's well worth the money. The brush is different from other mascaras and has silicone bristles that swirl around the brush to help curl and lift your lashes. It also helps in separating them so you won't have any nasty lumps. The curl and length it gives my lashes last for hours and hours and I've had no issues with smudging or flaking and it comes off easily with make up remover. After trying it I decided to get rid of my other mascaras since I think it's my holy grail.

on 2/3/2009 8:22:00 PM

Probably one of the best mascaras out there! I find it hard to keep a curl in my lashes, even with a curler. This really does work pretty well! It lengthens and separates really well. However I find that by the end of the day I have black circles under my eyes, and its quite hard to remove. But it looks great for most of the day!

on 2/3/2009 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been searching for the perfect mascara since forever! I have never purchased the same one twice because none of them have been worth a second purchase - until now. This could possible be the most perfect mascara ever, and I'm pretty demanding with my mascara - I only ever use one coat of mascara, and I want something super jet black that wil both lengthen and thicken my lashes and hold the curl without flaking or smudging. This mascara, surprisingly, meets all of my demands. With just one coat, my lashes are longer and thicker to the extreme. And I really love the brush too, although it is a bit big which makes it difficult to manage. It can clump if you don't be careful, you really have to wiggle the brush. But it doesn't flake or smudge, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. And it is easy to remove, too. I am really impressed with this mascara, and despite it's high price, I will buy it again. I never plan to use anything else.

EDIT Still in love with this mascara. Never flakes, smudges or irritates my eyes. Lasts all day, only requires one coat, and makes my lashes look fab! So worth the high price. I always wait til I have a coupon at Sephora so I can buy it at a discount.

on 2/2/2009 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't know why but I didn't like the rather dry formula of this mascara. It wasn't at all shiny or glossy like Imju Fiberwig (current HG), and while it did impart more volume, more length and overall drama compared to my Fiberwig, it smudged several times throughout the day and I just can't tolerate that.

EDIT: I used this to take some self-portraits for an Art assignment and I loved the effect. So it would be great for photoshoot opportunities, but not everyday for me because the the smudging issue I have. :(