Moroccanoil Morrocan Oil Treatment

4.3

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 10/25/2009 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was a huge fan of Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum. Thought I couldn't live without it. Well, serum, b'bye! Moroccan Oil Treatment is my new best friend!

I can't believe how beautiful my hair looks using this product. I can tell the difference as soon as I start blow-drying; even as it's drying, I can see the shine and softness coming through. I now really, really enjoy the blow-drying process, which used to be just such a chore.

I color my hair myself every 5-6 weeks. Even though I do only the roots and just a few chunky strands to freshen up the all over color and add some depth, my hair still gets dried out. No more!! My hair not only looks the best it has ever looked, it feels the best, too, even better than my pre-coloring days. Split ends just melt away, and my hair has an amazing luster that I thought could only be achieved in shampoo commercials with special lighting and filming angles. I am really, really blown away.

I've seen complaints about the packaging, but I have no problem with it. I just put the bottle flat against my palm and tilt the bottle quickly and back, and do it once more. These two dime-sized tiny little bits of fluid on my palm are enough for my thick, shoulder length hair. I rub my palms together and smooth through my hair. Blow drying is fast and easy.

What I love the most is that I hate hate hate spending time on my hair - any time I have to spend more than five minutes on it, I get grouchy. Therefore, I flat iron maybe four times a year. With Moroccan Oil, my hair kinda looks like it's been flat-ironed when I blow dry with a paddle brush. I love that.

The reason my hair dresser recommended this product is because she hated how the sides of my hair would poof out and look frizzy and fluffy - said it made her look like a crappy hair dresser! She gave me a tiny sample bottle. I've been using it for two weeks now and I've barely made a dent. I will definitely buy a full sized bottle when I need to, but this stuff lasts forever because I need such a small amount. I think the sample bottle will last me at least two months.

I really can't express how great my hair looks. Flyaways are gone, hair is shiny no matter what kind of lighting I'm in, and it's so soft - yet still holds the style of my haircut, it doesn't get so soft that it's limp. As a matter of fact, I have a good deal of body and bounce, but I don't have the "fat" hair that so annoyed my hair dresser. And the biggest advantage over the Super Skinny Serum is that, while the Super Skinny left my hair feeling like it had product in it, the Moroccan Oil is absolutely weightless. My hair feels like - well, like plain ol' clean hair! No residue whatsoever.

It's good to be living in 2009 where hair products make my life so much better! :)

on 10/23/2009 12:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought the small bottle of oil just in case I didnt like it. I have only used it once but so far I am pleased. Its a great product to put on before flatironing your hair. I was introduced to it by my stylist to does my Yuko Japanese straightening on me every 8 months. My only qualm is how long this little bottle will last for $14? I have thick hair and thick strands that's medium brown. So far, I like it on day #1 but I bet I will even like my hair better on day #2!!

on 10/22/2009 10:22:00 PM

Uggghh so dissapointed with this product. I really wanted it to work after hearing all the reviews. I have very thick wavy (somewhat frizzy hair). Did not work one bit. First I tried putting it in when my hair was wet - my hair dried frizzy. I tried it a second time with more oil (after all I have thick hair) - my hair still dried frizzy. Then I tried it on dry hair. my hair was shiny in spots where I put it - it didn't spread very well.. It actually went really oily and lank - but by the end of the day my hair absorbed this. The bottle certainly does not last very long if you have thick frizzy hair.
my hair looked really dull after a few days because of the 'build up' of silicone.

This did work once- when I wrapped my hair and went to bed. The top still dried very frizzy but some random bits felt smooth. To be honest it wasn't worth wrapping my hair just to get random bits of smooth silky hair.

I thought my garnier fructis smooth and sleek worked better both when my hair was dry/ wet - they contain very similar ingredients (minus the argan oil) and the shine is far better.

To be honest I wouldn't purchase this even if it were $20 for the bottle.

Dear Moroccan Oil,

Please forgive me from straying to another brand in the hopes of saving a few $$. I am miserable without you. You soften my thick unmanageable hair. You restore shine and softness, and strengthen my brittle hair. You heal and nourish my hair damaged by coloring and styling. You nourish my scalp and protect against UV damage.
You have a patented weightless formula that leaves no build up, and you last!!! You are even stored in a handsome amber glass bottle to protect the oil from ultraviolet rays that cause oxidation and degradation.

You are the ONLY one who completes me in every way!! I will never stray again! You are my HG.

Sincerely,

MUA user

on 9/26/2009 2:39:00 PM

Full of silicones, so I'm not sure what all the raves are about. I have extremely thick, coarse, slightly wavy dark hair. Use to shine like a mirror when I was younger, looking for a little of that life and softness back! I heard some African-American women raving about this to treat dryness as thought I should give it a try, as my stylist said my texture is sort of similar now. I do notice more softness after use, but I pretty much get that already with what I do, which is mix coconut or jojoba oil and cheap silicones. Didn't give such exceptional shine, though. I'm still looking for my HG.

on 9/24/2009 8:50:00 PM

I'll be a bit of a rain-on-everyone's-parade here. I bought this product hoping for all the great things I read in the reviews. What I like: it smells great, it does make my very fine, straight, easily damaged hair feel VERY nice. What I don't like: it's extremely expensive, the bottle sucks (needs a small flip-top type lid) and it doesn't have a whole lot of actual argan oil. Ingredients lists various "cones," which my hair doesn't particularly like over time, as its main components. So, while it made my hair feel good at first, I did fear silicone buildup. I won't get this again.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl, MethylPropional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

on 9/22/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My stylist got me hooked on this. The only product that I can compare this to is Ojon products. I love them, but they're a little pricy for my taste. So I decided to buy this from instead.

You just work a very small amount of the oil into your hair when you get out of the shower. I do not use this every time I wash - usually only every other time. Keeps my frizz to a minimum and gives my hair a really silky texture.

Not cheap, but it goes a long way. Worth the money.

on 9/20/2009 3:01:00 PM

umm ok..... this product is amazing! i can't beleive there are any negative reviews, I was expecting a 100% buy again rating. I swear the people who dont like it must have the most fine, straight soft wieghed down hair. It is quite literally the best hair product I have ever used. I washed my hair and used a mask and put this on my damp hair. Honsetly my hair felt really tangly while i was drying it, more than usual when I use sleek and shine , but once it was fully dry it was softer and shinier than it has ever been (I have a feeling it has to mesh with the natural oils in your hair and scalp for a while) I didn't even use my flat iron. I rubed a little more in when it was dry and my hair looked and felt like my little cousin's virgin hair and I highlight, colour and flat iron/blowdry everyday
the packaging is nice looking but impractical, it is breakable and has no pump so product spills out and ends up being wasted. still a small price to pay for the best hair of your life
EDIT: this definetly has to mesh with your natuaral oils I allways think this is crap untill like an hour after i have finished drying also you have to use more of this than you would use your normal serum this doesnt have as much silicone so you wont be an oil slick,and if your only putting a dime sized amount there is no way the argan oil will be able to benefit your hair in such a small amount

on 9/12/2009 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I honestly don't know how I managed my hair without this product! My stylist introduced it to me on my last hair cut and it has changed my hair for the better! Before my hair would have good days and bad days, but now literally everyday is a good hair day if I have used the oil.

When I get out of the shower, I towel dry add some B&B Prep and my B&B Styling Cream (for hold). I then add about a nickel sized amount of Moroccan oil and smooth it through my hair. I blow dry it upside down with a diffuser and voila, knockout hair! Never greasy, always shiny and VERY manageable.

on 9/8/2009 2:55:00 AM

Im in love with product...It really transforms your hair! And the smell is divine! I want a perfume that smells just like this!!!
It really makes your hair soft and managable and it gives a nice non- greasy shine as well helps with fly aways. One of my staple hair products!

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products