April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by jcouch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved the smell of this product. It is what attracted me to using it. Who cares about packaging... it is a great smoother for those unruly hairs. I have red, coarse, curly hair and it worked great....and again... the smell was wonderful. A little bit will do you though, too much and you may look and feel greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by reneandwinter

So in my circle of friends this is called miracle oil. I live in a moderatly small town and only 1 salon sells it and they run out all the time. It leaves my hair super soft. I will not flat iron my hair without using this first. I will say that if I used it all the time my hair would be too heavy and oiled down. Use caution a little goes along away which makes up for the price. Just be careful you don't spill it it stains.......

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

OMG...Amazing amazing stuff! I encountered this at the Miwest Beauty Show when they had a big booth set up with models getting their hair done by Morrocan Oil reps and as they blow dried their hair it smelled so good! My friend was raving so much about it. They gave out a bag with a sample of the oil. I didn't buy it, but I tried it the next day and then went back to the show Monday and bought the big bottle..my new fave hair product!!! I apply a tiny amount before blow drying and it does reduce blow drying time and leaves my hair super soft and shiny! I regret not buying the bag with the 4 products for only 45.00..it's orig around 150..ugh! Anyways, i will buy again when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ageleg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yes, this is a silicone product. There is nothing wrong with silicones! But, you have to clarify your hair, at least every two or three weeks if you're going to use them regularly. Silicones can protect and even help strengthen the hair.

Moroccan oil is fantastic, but I'm not sure why. It has a lot of the same ingredients that my cheaper serums have ('cones). I guess the Argan oil really makes a difference? I use this on both wet and dry hair on wash days ONLY. It's hard to use too much -- my hair just drinks it up. It does remind me of Chi Silk Infusion. Smell is wonderful.

If I really want to get a great result from the oil, I wash my hair, deep condition, then apply this before I blowdry. The heat helps set it into the hair. Then I use more before I flat iron. I find if I do it this way, I don't really need to reapply for the two or three days I don't wash. When I do my am touchups, the heat of the flat iron kind of 'reactivates' the oil.

Hope the price goes down -- I will definitely buy it again though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by angel27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a product I will never be without! I am a product junkie and have used almost every product out there and this is the best. It makes my hair healthier and smoother not to mention the shine. It is not a wash out product you should put a little in toweldried hair after shampooing and conditioning. I use it every time I wash my hair and the difference is amazing.

I have purchased all the items in this line and they are all awesome as they all have some of the oil in them. I would and have recommended it to all my friends and co-workers and now they are all using it too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by face_on

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Morrocan Oil worked very well on my color treated, medium length and coarse hair. My hair frizzes very easily without silicone products, and this IS a silicone product, as others have mentioned, with aragan oil and linseed oil. The name is somewhat misleading, as this is hardly a green, organic type product. I'd love to not use silicones, but then my hair turns into a frizzy mess. I used maybe 1 teaspoon, and my hair was easier to de-tangle, blow dry and flat iron. It left my hair very shiny without a residue and was extremely soft. When I use Biosilk, it takes out the frizz but my hair doesn't look nearly as healthy or feel as soft as it does when I use Morrocan Oil. I would classify this as very expensive, as I paid $34 for 3.4 oz/100 ml bottle in my salon. However, a little goes a long way. It comes in a glass bottle, which is inconvenient for travel, but the blue tint looks very pretty in the bathroom. :)

In conclusion, my hair texture looks so much improved with this product, I would repurchase.

Update-When I let my dry naturally, I do need to use twice as much to get curl definition. Gives very soft, nice de-frizzed curls without scrunchiness. I'll know later in the summer how it holds up in high humidity, but so far, so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by k0uklaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the greatest hair product that I've ever invested in! Not only does it cut down on the time I have to blowdry my hair to about 10 minutes, it also leaves it smelling amazing and feeling the softest ever. I have used many products that seemed to guarantee the same results, but this product definitely lives up to what its supposed to do. I've had it since September, and I still have almost a full bottle. You don't need much to get satisfying results. I also use it to sometimes touch up my hair after a few days if I still have my hair straightened.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by PennyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after reading the raving reviews here but I must admit I was very disappointed. First of all by the composition (which admittedly I should have searched beforehand) - this is not an oil, it's silicone and synthetic fragrance with a bit of oil. Out of the 12 ingredients, the first three are silicons, the fourth is a synthetic fragrance and only the fifth ingredient is aragan oil. There is also linseed extract. And the rest is "frangrance supplement", yellow colour, red colour, synthetic fragrance, and more synthetic fragrance.

I thought I should give it a try anyway even though I have been avoiding silicons in any hair product for more than a year, so I used it in two ways (my hair is fine, dry, coloured and I blow-dry it once a week). So, I put some product (about 4-5 of its bottle cups) and left it overnight before shampooing in the morning (hoping that the oil would act as a pre-shampoo conditioner). And then I put some before going to the hairdresser's for my usual blow-dry.

I did not see any noticeable difference in shine, texture or smoothness. Certainly not anything I was not getting with any other silicone-based serum. I will try it a couple more times to double check (after all it was very expensive!) but I am afraid I will not have a change of heart.

The smell is nice (although not my favourite) and the texture is rich and absorbed easily but otherwise a big disappointment considering its price.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by zickschick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been hearing great reviews of this product for awhile before I tried it myself. I was skeptical because I have fine, silky hair and was worried it might weigh it down or make it look greasy. I was so pleasantly surprised to see how nice and shiny my hair appeared and also how silky and healthy it felt. I have been using it for over two weeks now and am IN LOVE. This product is my HG! My mom is hooked on it as well!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by jgalinski

I'm shocked at the reviews for this product-it did nothing for my hair, made it harder to dry and left it looking frizzy and fried. My hair is in very good condition and I could blowdry my hair in my sleep. I've tried more products than I like to admit to myself-I'm a product junkie that way so you can't say it's because I don't have much to compare it to. I'm holding onto my nightmare glass jar in case it is useful in summer humidity, but it's doubtful. Don't think you are using an all natural treatment (I know the ladies on this site are very savvy but I read a review implying the author thought it was a cone-free product)-it's full of cones.