Moroccanoil Morrocan Oil Treatment

4.3

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 11/19/2009 12:12:00 PM

My thick, curly hair had basically fell out, or became so dull and broken that there were no curls anymore, and it was thin. Morrocan Oil restored it back. After 1.5 year of using this (and only going threw 3 bottles) it restored it back to new. I highly recommend this, in combination with professional shampoo and conditioner, with anyone who has severly damaged their hair. I've also seen friends use it, and it gives already healthy hair, a shiny and nice smelling feel.

on 11/17/2009 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This has been amazing for both my mom and I's hair. I have curly dry 3b-ish hair and this has truly helped bring back shine, softness, and has decreased frizz and split ends (prevention not reparation) tremendously. My mom: stick straight short blow dry'd hair. Her hair was suuuper dry and her ends were so fried. Lately her hair has been looking super relaxed and frizz free and most of all my mommy's hair is superrr soft. yayyy <33

i do wish it had a pump though... but whatever!

on 11/11/2009 2:23:00 PM

This product works best for me if I mix it with another product. I mix a little of this with a little of the Sunsilk Hydra TLC serum, and together they work great. If I use it alone, I still have a little frizz.
I've also found you can mix a little with the Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner for the same effect.

on 11/8/2009 6:38:00 PM

I love this stuff. I put it on before I blow-dry while my hair is still damp, then after it's dry prior to flat-ironing, and then a tiny dab of it when my hair is finished. Makes me look like I just walked out of a salon, my hair is soooo soft and shiny and smooth! I got the larger bottle online for a good discount after some searching... well worth the money. Highly recommend!

on 11/1/2009 3:17:00 AM

Hey ladies!! I am originally Moroccan and I can tell you a lot more about the benefits of this oil more than anybody else!! The trees where the oil comes from only grow in a certain region in morocco!! The 100% pure one that comes right from the trees ( and that's available only in morocco) is the best and the most expensive!! Since I was a little kid my mom used to put this oil along with olive oil as a Deep treatment for my sisters and I!! And all I can day is thanks mom!! I remember I hated it so bad, but when I came here, my hair has changed( water, products, straightners, blow dry, iron) my hair started breakng after a while and jst started acting up!! When I went back last year, I made sure I brought enough supply with me of this miracle oil. It has vitamin E, omega 3, omega 6, you can use it for your nails, hair, skin, etc!! I have even seen people tanning with it!! It' s good for anti aging, burns, it keeps the elasticity of the skin, and so many other benefits!! BUT MAKE SURE IT'S the PURE ONE!!! If you use this so called " Moroccan oil" you can only use it on your hair, if you want the other benefits you gotta get the real argan oil!!!

on 10/25/2009 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was a huge fan of Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum. Thought I couldn't live without it. Well, serum, b'bye! Moroccan Oil Treatment is my new best friend!

I can't believe how beautiful my hair looks using this product. I can tell the difference as soon as I start blow-drying; even as it's drying, I can see the shine and softness coming through. I now really, really enjoy the blow-drying process, which used to be just such a chore.

I color my hair myself every 5-6 weeks. Even though I do only the roots and just a few chunky strands to freshen up the all over color and add some depth, my hair still gets dried out. No more!! My hair not only looks the best it has ever looked, it feels the best, too, even better than my pre-coloring days. Split ends just melt away, and my hair has an amazing luster that I thought could only be achieved in shampoo commercials with special lighting and filming angles. I am really, really blown away.

I've seen complaints about the packaging, but I have no problem with it. I just put the bottle flat against my palm and tilt the bottle quickly and back, and do it once more. These two dime-sized tiny little bits of fluid on my palm are enough for my thick, shoulder length hair. I rub my palms together and smooth through my hair. Blow drying is fast and easy.

What I love the most is that I hate hate hate spending time on my hair - any time I have to spend more than five minutes on it, I get grouchy. Therefore, I flat iron maybe four times a year. With Moroccan Oil, my hair kinda looks like it's been flat-ironed when I blow dry with a paddle brush. I love that.

The reason my hair dresser recommended this product is because she hated how the sides of my hair would poof out and look frizzy and fluffy - said it made her look like a crappy hair dresser! She gave me a tiny sample bottle. I've been using it for two weeks now and I've barely made a dent. I will definitely buy a full sized bottle when I need to, but this stuff lasts forever because I need such a small amount. I think the sample bottle will last me at least two months.

I really can't express how great my hair looks. Flyaways are gone, hair is shiny no matter what kind of lighting I'm in, and it's so soft - yet still holds the style of my haircut, it doesn't get so soft that it's limp. As a matter of fact, I have a good deal of body and bounce, but I don't have the "fat" hair that so annoyed my hair dresser. And the biggest advantage over the Super Skinny Serum is that, while the Super Skinny left my hair feeling like it had product in it, the Moroccan Oil is absolutely weightless. My hair feels like - well, like plain ol' clean hair! No residue whatsoever.

It's good to be living in 2009 where hair products make my life so much better! :)

on 10/23/2009 12:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought the small bottle of oil just in case I didnt like it. I have only used it once but so far I am pleased. Its a great product to put on before flatironing your hair. I was introduced to it by my stylist to does my Yuko Japanese straightening on me every 8 months. My only qualm is how long this little bottle will last for $14? I have thick hair and thick strands that's medium brown. So far, I like it on day #1 but I bet I will even like my hair better on day #2!!

on 10/22/2009 10:22:00 PM

Uggghh so dissapointed with this product. I really wanted it to work after hearing all the reviews. I have very thick wavy (somewhat frizzy hair). Did not work one bit. First I tried putting it in when my hair was wet - my hair dried frizzy. I tried it a second time with more oil (after all I have thick hair) - my hair still dried frizzy. Then I tried it on dry hair. my hair was shiny in spots where I put it - it didn't spread very well.. It actually went really oily and lank - but by the end of the day my hair absorbed this. The bottle certainly does not last very long if you have thick frizzy hair.
my hair looked really dull after a few days because of the 'build up' of silicone.

This did work once- when I wrapped my hair and went to bed. The top still dried very frizzy but some random bits felt smooth. To be honest it wasn't worth wrapping my hair just to get random bits of smooth silky hair.

I thought my garnier fructis smooth and sleek worked better both when my hair was dry/ wet - they contain very similar ingredients (minus the argan oil) and the shine is far better.

To be honest I wouldn't purchase this even if it were $20 for the bottle.

Dear Moroccan Oil,

Please forgive me from straying to another brand in the hopes of saving a few $$. I am miserable without you. You soften my thick unmanageable hair. You restore shine and softness, and strengthen my brittle hair. You heal and nourish my hair damaged by coloring and styling. You nourish my scalp and protect against UV damage.
You have a patented weightless formula that leaves no build up, and you last!!! You are even stored in a handsome amber glass bottle to protect the oil from ultraviolet rays that cause oxidation and degradation.

You are the ONLY one who completes me in every way!! I will never stray again! You are my HG.

Sincerely,

MUA user

on 9/26/2009 2:39:00 PM

Full of silicones, so I'm not sure what all the raves are about. I have extremely thick, coarse, slightly wavy dark hair. Use to shine like a mirror when I was younger, looking for a little of that life and softness back! I heard some African-American women raving about this to treat dryness as thought I should give it a try, as my stylist said my texture is sort of similar now. I do notice more softness after use, but I pretty much get that already with what I do, which is mix coconut or jojoba oil and cheap silicones. Didn't give such exceptional shine, though. I'm still looking for my HG.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products