Chloe Chloe (EDP)

4.2

on 11/14/2008 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the bottle, and I tested this perfume a few times. I just don't like it, it's a watery floral scent to me nothing special.

on 11/13/2008 4:03:00 PM

Very fresh-smelling lily of the valley. Not sexy, at least to me, and therefore don't like.

on 11/12/2008 3:44:00 AM

I tried this perfume in the airport and although I'm not usually a fan of florals, I fell in love with it! It is a white floral that, on me, settles on soapy pretty soon; not sweet nor sour. I love the cleanliness and elegance I get from wearing it and I found it pretty long lasting. Slightly romantic and strongly elegant, I find it a perfume for everyday use, especially at work.

Read here many people comparing to Stella; I can't wear Stella because it is too sweet on me, this one has almost no sweetness at all, it's mainly soapy but in a nice way (not like White Linen which is too stark and sour!)

I've decided to get this one as my Christmas present. The price was exorbitant though, even in the airport's duty free shop, so I'll just use sparingly so as not to repurchase.

Edited to add: I purchased it and now I agree 100% with Tess35 that it reminds me a lot of CK Escape, which I also used to own. It's also not very long lasting, at least during winter time. Now that I use it, I like it less and less; I find that I never reach for it and its sillage is minimum. Will try again when the weather is hot, but although it's not bad, it's nothing special for me I'm afraid. Classy but boring and forgettable. EDIT #2: Now that it's spring here, I find it much more wearable. It definitely is a cold fragrance, better suited to warm weather. The heat also makes it more lasting.

I find it particularly peppery in the first few minutes, the florals (foremost rose and peony, also freesia) and the woody base develop later on, the rose is of a spring-like and wet kind, a decent and calm scent, SOFT, just right in stressful times, still always blending you in a cloud of "fluffy elegance".

on 10/15/2008 3:24:00 AM

LOVE this perfume. Has been my favourite for awhile now - I never tire of it. The only issue is that it wears off quicker than my other perfumes. I find this to be more 'summery' than Stella's perfume.

on 10/2/2008 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I simply love this fragrance. I think, apart from my HG Chanel fragrances, this is the one that I would buy again and again. It makes me so happy when I wear it. There's something about this fragrance that makes me feel so uplifted and just simply drawn to it. It lingers on for a whole day which is magnificent. WIll purchase always.

on 9/25/2008 11:04:00 PM

The scent initially reminds me of CK Escape. But it dissipates in the drydown, which is very unique and sexy. Long lasting too. Not too sure if I'll purchase the cute small bottle but when I catch a whiff of my pulse, I find it very sexy and alluring.

on 9/12/2008 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bottle is luxory. And I like fragrance too. Little bit easy same time light and warm. Good fragrance from working. In the evening I like little bit sexier scents.

on 9/11/2008 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like Stella and aside from the rose, this bore zero resemblance, imho. For me this was a real disappointment. UPDATE: Tried it for the second time & on my skin this time...bumping it up a lippie. It's a pretty scent yet on my skin it is just kind of flat, if that makes sense. Maybe it needs some heat to make it come to life. It is light & inoffensive & I can see why it's popular. The SA @ Nordies said it reminds her of White Linen and, while I think Chloe is nicer, there is a similarity. NOTE: I just tried the new Lanvin Jeanne and while it's also a pretty scent it too smells "flat." What are they using in these new scents??? I'm not explaining it well I'm sure but I've never experienced this effect in perfume before...it's not just close to the skin or a "skin scent" or minimal sillage, it's something else.

on 9/10/2008 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a sample of this at Holts and it smells lovely. I'm not usually one for bright "sparkly" florals so it was a very pleasant suprise when the saleslady recommended it to me.

It's a rose floral but not particularly heavy on the rose note unlike other rose-centric fragrances. I would say it's a cheerful, light and airy sort of floral with decent staying power and isn't overpowering in the least. It's a younger fragrance but not the teenage type of sweetness that seems so popular these days.

The bottle is perfect - a transparent cube with a simple gold top. Very elegant but a bit on the expensive side: CDN $95 for 50 mL and $120 (or thereabouts, i forget) for the 75 mL.

Popular Fragrances