October 2, 2014 | 1826 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by diva2003

This perfume is very nice. Reminds me of Stella, but has more depth. It is floral, but it doesn't smell overly sweet on me and is long lasting. I purchased the perfume and lotion. I also plan on getting the shower gel. I believe I could wear this fragrance all year long and this might become my signature scent.

I have had this perfume for a few months and I still love it! I can still smell it after my intense cardio class.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jazavac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Very feminine like the clean smell of a garden full of flowers without being overly pretty/girly or noxious. The different notes all come together for a harmonious blend.

UPDATE: I'm at my 4th bottle!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by librarygrrrl

I am a fan of Stella, and this fragrance is certainly reminiscent of that. There is a very fresh rose and a nice underlying amberiness, very similar to Stella. However, there is also a soapy note in here that I am not too keen on. Another reviewer described the smell as 'drier sheets' and I have to agree. On a tester card I found it quite pleasant, but in my skin the soapiness just blooms and blooms until I feel like I'm walking around in a cloud of clean laundry smell.
I have given this 3 lippies, a middle-of-the-road rating, because that's exactly how I feel about it. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. It's not quite right with my skin chemistry but even if it was I don't know if I'd love it enough to buy it. The bottle is very pretty though!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Francinereap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After initially reading the first few reviews on this site when the perfume was only given about a 40% favorable review, I admit I was hesitant to try it. I'm not one who listens to others and base my sole decision on whether to do something or not, but I do take things into consideration. The bottle was lovely so I had to try this fragrance cold turkey. I ordered it over the internet without smelling it first. Something that I never do. When I got it home and seen the lovely packaging and the little card that comes inside of the fragrance in many different languages telling the consumer that only the finest ingredients were used while making the fragrance and the attention to detail regarding the ribbon around the nape of the bottle was explained, I had to try it and see if I could become part of that Chloe experience. As soon as I got out of the shower and put the coordinating lotion on along with the fragrance, I instantly fell in love. I love fresh citrus and rose scents and this one was perfect. But I couldn't help but to notice that it smelled like something that I had worn before. My mind kept thinking about the name of that other perfume and it finally came to me, that perfume was Stella McCartney. Stella combined the rose with amber as did Chloe but the latter scent was much more lighter and not as heavy as Stella. I would recommend this perfume to anyone who wants to feel romantic and beautiful all at once!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by kattymat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the 30ml bottle of this two weeks ago, and have lived in this ever since.
The packaging is very classy and pretty, with it's satin ribbon around the top and the squareish bottle.

The juice is great. It's a sophisticated floral, but not overwhelmingly floral if that makes sense. It has staying power. I have spritzed this on and woken the next morning, still able to smell it. It doesn't turn sour either (you know what I mean where you wear a perfume you love and then half way through the day it goes rancid or some funky note appears). This is true from start to finish.

I'm not usually one to live in one fragrance, but this might me a signature one for me (gasp).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by rajafarhana

I really, really like this perfume. It has great staying power and the smell is sweet but not too sweet. The smell can be overpowering when you first spray it on but when it settles it smells wonderful. It has rose, peony and lilies in it and love all those scents! Initially when i sprayed it on my sleeve in selfridges i thought the scent was too floral but after a few days the smell was still on my sleeve and i fell in love with it :). its my staple scent now and a few people have stopped me to ask what scent am i wearing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 4:14:00 AM More reviews by expat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Does anyone else wonder why the powers that be would make an entirely new perfume, but give it the same name as an older, much-loved perfume? I could understand it if the new perfume bore some resemblance to the original, but this new Chloe isn't even in the same ballpark. None of the gorgeous original Chloe scent at all, not even a whisper! On my skin this new Chloe is blech. I don't get the roses at all, just a slightly offensive scent that smells exactly like 20 other slightly offensive scents on the current market.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Got a sample of this from Saks. This smells alot like , but not exactly, a toner that came in a light blue bottle made by Neutrogena in the early 90's. Don't remember the name. The minute I smelled Chloe I kept thinking that it smelled like something from awhile back. Anyway I do like this alot. As this dries down it smells like Freesia EDP by Crabtree and Evelyn which is a favorite scent of mine. Plain and simple. Won't knock anyone out for being amazing but it's nice. Might buy a bottle and might not. Speaking of the bottle it's gorgeous. Very retro. Also not a fan of Chloe Sevigny (sp) so I find that her being the face of this fragrance, same name or not, to be rather annoying.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2008 6:38:00 AM More reviews by curlysmith

Is it just me or are all new fragrances starting to smell like versions of each other? I'm sure that in my younger days new fragrances were just that - new, not some slightly trumped up version of something else. While the bottle is very sweet the fragrance is a big load of nothing that reminds me of somthing else that was so unremarkable that I can't even remember what it was. Not terrible - but nothing special like the ads imply.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Nothing special in my opinion. A nice one, but you can find several similar other nice ones too. It doesn't stand out in any way, and has no resemblance to the original Chloe which at least had lots of oomph.
Boring, unless you need a clean, calm, unoffencive flower gourmand scent for work.
I personally wouldn't even consider purchasing it, as I prefer spicy, woody fl/orientals, and I own the original Chloé which I find way better.