Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 7/20/2010 12:38:00 AM

Bought this because of all the raves reviews. this pencil is weird... you need to not press hard to get it to apply because if you do press too hard it won't draw at all. it took me forever to get my brows on using this and normally i can draw them on within 4 minutes. also, the little brush at the end is useless. also, i used it for 8 days before it ran out so as far as i'm concerned, it's a little overpriced. i've had my lancome pencil for a year and i'm still using it. on the plus side, it does manage to stay on all day so if you're looking for relatively good sweat proof coverage that doesn't darken over time, it's good for that. unfortunately, i don't feel it's worth the money so i won't be buying again.

on 7/12/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The only thing wrong with this pencil is that the tip breaks off even with gentle use. The color is great, blonde, but for the price I do not want to waste half of the product due to this malfnction.

on 7/12/2010 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I liked this at first, it's not bad but I just found a better one. This is decent, I like the really thin point which makes it easy to make hair like strokes. I love the black shade, it's a nice soft black. I was using this daily up until I discovered Ardell's brow pencil in Soft Black. They're both nice but Ardell's is a powdery formula that just blends seamlessly into my brows. With Maybelline's I had to be careful to do very very light strokes or else you could tell where I penciled. With Ardell you don't have to be as careful, it looks good without a problem. Plus Ardell is cheaper, I bought it at Sally's with my Beauty Cub card for $3.59. I still use this to line my lower lids because I prefer a softer line there than the traditional eyeliner pencil gives. But the bad thing is it doesn't really last that long and fades midday or even sooner. I'll try it with a primer next time.

on 7/10/2010 5:54:00 PM

I bought this in dark blonde and though the color is nice the texture is horrible. It is way too waxy/greasy, easily rubs off. The point is too thick to get any good definition. Maybelline really messed up when they discontinued the Twin brow pencil in charcoal grey. THE BEST pencil out there, perfect texture, perfect color, sweat-proof, water-proof, ocean-swim-proof. (BUT not rub proof, don't touch it)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have no eyebrows, or at least very blond eyebrow hair. I need to fill in with something each day in order to look defined. This is the ONLY acceptable brow product available at the drugstore in my area. It is an automatic pencil with a tiny comb on the end. The comb is worthless and scratches my skin, so I use an old toothbrush instead. The color goes on fine and lasts for the whole day. I don't think I will repurchase, though, because I will just use a brown eyeshadow. There are less steps involved that way. If you are looking for an automatic brow pencil, this is a good option.

UPDATE: I love this item & it may be HG for me. I bought it in dark blonde. It looks so natural and I never need to sharpen it. I have no trouble with it breaking off on me unless I extend the pencil too much. I now always have a backup on hand, and this blows the Revlon wax one way out of the water!

on 6/26/2010 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I thought nothing, nothing, nothing would ever come close to my beloved Rimmel brow pencil in Hazel. Maybelline, you have impressed me. Define-A-Brow has a FANTASTIC shade range for the drugstore. I bought this automatic pencil in Light Blonde because I got highlights and Hazel, which I highly recommend for light-to-medium brown/red hair, threw off my look. I wanted something that looked natural with my light-brown-fast-approaching-blonde look. I also saw that Lisa Eldridge recommends using a blonde brow pencil for a more natural look. This automatic pencil, green plastic with a cap that's roughly the color of the product (though a little darker than the product itself) delivered exactly what I wanted--It's kind of wheat colored and inconspicuous. I don't like how thin and flimsy it is (Rimmel Brow pencils are much more generous!) but I adore how natural it looks and that it is very water, sweat and rub resistant. It lasts on me and it makes my entire brow look cleaner. It would be great for travel, as it is quite petite. I think Maybelline is really stepping up its game.

on 6/26/2010 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've always had to work with my brows, they're thin and patchy from salon screw ups. I'd usually just fill them in with eyeshadow or eyebrow powder. I heard a lot of hype about this and how it was a MAC dupe. So I saw it a the drugstore and grabbed it.

I really like the pencil, but I just wish there was a lighter shade so it would take less effort of trying to be so careful.

After I use this up, i'll probably go back to eyeshadow.

on 6/15/2010 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Before, I never did anything with my brows and then I got really dissatisfied of how they disappeared in photos (particulary when I'm tanned). When I stumble across this I thought it was perfect: no sharpening, true natural colors, small and convienent. I used Dark Brown initally but I had to switch out to Medium Brown, which looked way more natural. It gives me a precise line, easy blendability and after it's set with some clear mascara it stays on all day. However, the staying power is not great sometimes because it can be easily rubbed off if I'm way too oily :(

This is the first brow pencil I've ever tried. I've been using it for the past 1.5 years and I'm probably on my 8th-10th ish pencil right now!! I don't think I'll ever stray from it. <3

on 6/15/2010 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this brow pencil is absolutely great. it just looks natural unlike many other brow pencils that have that weird unnatural look to it...it's very flattering and fool-proof. the brush is nice to use too BUT it's very flimsy--i had my define-a-brow pencil in my pocket one day and the comb part just broke off. i rarely ever use or like d/s makeup but this is definitely a keeper. i bought this in medium blonde as a replacement for my Shu Uemura seal brown pencil, bc the Shu pencil is wayyy too long to carry in a normal sized makeup pouch. the maybelline pencil will fit anywhere tho, bc it is small.

I have medium brown hair and used this pencil in dark blonde. Weird color match but it lasted all day and was amazing- the tube of it was pretty small, but for the price and ease of application it was really amazing- WOULD repurchase

Popular Brows Products