Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 6/26/2010 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I thought nothing, nothing, nothing would ever come close to my beloved Rimmel brow pencil in Hazel. Maybelline, you have impressed me. Define-A-Brow has a FANTASTIC shade range for the drugstore. I bought this automatic pencil in Light Blonde because I got highlights and Hazel, which I highly recommend for light-to-medium brown/red hair, threw off my look. I wanted something that looked natural with my light-brown-fast-approaching-blonde look. I also saw that Lisa Eldridge recommends using a blonde brow pencil for a more natural look. This automatic pencil, green plastic with a cap that's roughly the color of the product (though a little darker than the product itself) delivered exactly what I wanted--It's kind of wheat colored and inconspicuous. I don't like how thin and flimsy it is (Rimmel Brow pencils are much more generous!) but I adore how natural it looks and that it is very water, sweat and rub resistant. It lasts on me and it makes my entire brow look cleaner. It would be great for travel, as it is quite petite. I think Maybelline is really stepping up its game.

on 6/26/2010 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've always had to work with my brows, they're thin and patchy from salon screw ups. I'd usually just fill them in with eyeshadow or eyebrow powder. I heard a lot of hype about this and how it was a MAC dupe. So I saw it a the drugstore and grabbed it.

I really like the pencil, but I just wish there was a lighter shade so it would take less effort of trying to be so careful.

After I use this up, i'll probably go back to eyeshadow.

on 6/15/2010 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Before, I never did anything with my brows and then I got really dissatisfied of how they disappeared in photos (particulary when I'm tanned). When I stumble across this I thought it was perfect: no sharpening, true natural colors, small and convienent. I used Dark Brown initally but I had to switch out to Medium Brown, which looked way more natural. It gives me a precise line, easy blendability and after it's set with some clear mascara it stays on all day. However, the staying power is not great sometimes because it can be easily rubbed off if I'm way too oily :(

This is the first brow pencil I've ever tried. I've been using it for the past 1.5 years and I'm probably on my 8th-10th ish pencil right now!! I don't think I'll ever stray from it. <3

on 6/15/2010 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this brow pencil is absolutely great. it just looks natural unlike many other brow pencils that have that weird unnatural look to it...it's very flattering and fool-proof. the brush is nice to use too BUT it's very flimsy--i had my define-a-brow pencil in my pocket one day and the comb part just broke off. i rarely ever use or like d/s makeup but this is definitely a keeper. i bought this in medium blonde as a replacement for my Shu Uemura seal brown pencil, bc the Shu pencil is wayyy too long to carry in a normal sized makeup pouch. the maybelline pencil will fit anywhere tho, bc it is small.

I have medium brown hair and used this pencil in dark blonde. Weird color match but it lasted all day and was amazing- the tube of it was pretty small, but for the price and ease of application it was really amazing- WOULD repurchase

on 6/11/2010 10:31:00 AM

I love this eyebrow pencil now that I bought it in the right color!
a good year ago I bought it in the color light brown, because, well, I have light brown eyebrows. But it was much too red for me. I woulduse it every once in a while because I loved the pencil itself. I finally gave it up because of the color match. Well, just the other day I purchased it in the color medium brown, (I have light brown eyebrows and a medium brown shade hair color.)
and I'm in love with it all over again! I had been planning on buying an anastasia brow pencil ($21.) and I'm so glad I bought the define a brow again first.

UPDATE - although for a pencil this is great and if I ever switch back to a pencil i'm sure i'll love it all over again, I've stopped using it and am now filling my thin brows in with powder - so much more natural.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Very convenient swivel up packaging. It makes my brows look polished and clean and lasts for hours without rubbing away or fading! My new favorite brow pencil :)

I love this eyebrow pencil. I was torn between medium brown and dark brown and I am SO glad I got the medium brown. It looks so good on my eyebrows. I love the tiny point, and even the little brush thing it comes in. I'm obsessed with my eyebrows, and this is by far my favorite pencil (That's saying a lot). The only downside is you have to click up more product every 2 uses or so, so it feels like it goes fast but I got it for $5 so no big deal.

on 5/25/2010 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this stuck it is perfect for filling in your eyebrows and it gives perfect definition :) i use it all the time plus it has a cute little eyebrow comb on the end. The colours are good too, ive tried it in dark blonde and light brown. And i bought mine for sale dirt cheap :)

on 5/25/2010 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product works great for me. I have it in light blonde and it doesn't need a sharpener, which is good for travelling. The only downside to this item for me has been that there's not much product and I have to buy it more frequently, so I stock up when it's BOGO.

Popular Brows Products