October 21, 2014 | 2062 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by nicolenikol

Using plain yogurt as a mask is probably one of the best (and cheapest) things that I have ever used on my face!! It calms down any redness/breakouts that I have at the moment and also tightens my pores incredibly. If you haven't tried it, you must! Squeeze a few drops of lemon into the yogurt and you'll be amazed at the results!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

i used dannon actives plain yogurt. i was at work and for some reason my face and neck started to get really itchy & red. when i got home i slathered some of this on. you only need a thin layer for this stuf to do its magic. first off, the cooling sensation was such a relief to my irritated skin. I left it on for about 15 minutes and then i took a warm wash cloth, covered my face, and layed down for a few minutes and let the warm steem penetrate my face, then i splashed my face with warm water to rinse off.

but let me tell you my skin was glowing! i felt like i was in a clean and clear commercial bc of how radiant and fresh my skin was. this is a great little pick me up before a date, or when your skin is looking blah!
i've now added this into my daily routine. i just slather it on while im waiting for my tea to brew everymorning. by the time im done eating breakfast its done its magic :)

EDIT:

so this is definately a great alternative for someone who is reactive to bha and aha but still wants a nice deep exfoliation. I don't like to add too much extra ingredients to this b/c I feel it will break down the lactic acid. also for an extra glow, first I use a physical exfoliant such as mac refinisher (great for sensitive skin bc its fragrance free and gentle ..got mine on ebay for $6) anyways I exfoliate with mac scrub first and that allows the yogurt mask to penetrate better. I try to use the scrub every other day for balance. oh and I always moisturize with my hg eucerin spf 30 after mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 7:56:00 AM More reviews by ragazza1indy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS!! I use this mask all the time. However I've noticed that if you use old yogurt, it doesnt work nearly as well, if at all. The yogurt masks leaves skin feeling very soft and refreshed with a definite glow. I've used the leaves from a bag of white tea for the extra anti-oxidant boost. love love love. no reason for expensive products when you can make one that works better than all of them for nearly 95% less price!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by mivec

I love this! I used this every other day for about a week and saw dramatic results. I am currently using store-brand, low fat vanilla yogurt... it smells a little funky on my face, but the results are totally worth it. Makes my face super-soft, evens out color and texture, AND it has cleared up numerous little bumps on my cheek (whiteheads possibly, which appeared after I started using Boscia about 3 weeks ago, believe it or not).

I just take a spoon and spread the cold yogurt over my face (thicker=longer to dry) and leave it there for about 30 minutes, or until everything dries and you get this soft, matte glow. :) Then I get a wet washcloth (warm water) and gently wring some of the water out before wiping the yogurt off. Afterwards I pat my face dry and apply lotion.

It's cheap and it's easy, most importantly, it works.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by weeks919

****update****
This is getting five lippies from me now. I am shocked that something this cheap can do what this does. Sign. fading my acne scars, cutting out nearly all redness, and giving me a glow. I even used this as a gentle cleanser this morning and smeared a thin layer on my face to do a little work before I get ready. :)

WOW. My skin absolutley glows after I use this. I cover my face in it and leave it on until its dry, wash with warm water and my face is glowing. It helps with redness and helps dry up zits. It doesn;t smell that great but for what it does, I can deal with it. My skin is oily and acne prone and this seems to be helping.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by masstexan

My 10 year old daughter has just started getting acne and after reading the reviews I decided to try it on her. I was really surprised at how much better her skin looked after one treatment. The redness was gone and her face looked much clearer. We are going to try it again in another day. She also dabs tea tree oil on the bothersome spots and this regimen seems to be working.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

first i tried the low fat version-left it on for 15 minutes. it tingled a bit but i didnt notice anything different really except that my face felt taut and maybe a bit brighter afterwards. today i tried the full fat organic version for 20 mins. hoping it wouldnt leave my skin feeling so dry...after washing off my face looked brighter, my cheeks a bit rosier but again, feels a bit drying. my nose was peeling a bit. i had to follow up with lotion. it seemed to bring one of my pimples to a head-so thats good! i'll probably keep using this 2x a week but i am going to start EATING it tomorrow and planning on having my son eat it too! Been reviewing it online and so many health benefits. i had a tummy ache last night from too much fried food and soda-i ate a small bowl of this and voila! no more tummy ache. Takes some getting used to as it is a bit tart, but i love it with some granola on top or even just plain. :) will repurchase! UPDATE: ok did nothing for my skin except dry it out like crazy. will repurchase to EAT only. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by seuseu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG....This is an amazing mask. I just did it tonight, and I am speechless. I had a big zit on my check, it got smaller in just 20 minutes. I am doing this now at least 2x a week. I used non fat yogurt, without the lemon. I will try it with lemon next time....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by JulesJoolz

I just had to leave my review after trying the yogurt mask this morning (fat free yogurt w/ a little lemon juice mixed in). I have a lot of little white bumps, not sure what they are, clogged pores I guess but nothing has gotten rid of them like this yogurt mask! My skin is also very red and irritated looking and this mask evened out my skin tone and took away the redness like nothing else! I plan to use this mask a couple of times a week at least, and more if my skin can tolerate it. I didn't experience any irritation or side effects after this first use but I just know my skin and want to work up to using this more frequently. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin like me. Thanks MUA! I never would have known to try this mask without you.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this. It made my big pored skin look better and it gave me a glow!

But, it started to make me breakout. I'm not sure if it's because I used it daily; it may have been.

I will use this gain but only sporadically.

BTW, I used the non-fat. Is the fat one better?