August 20, 2014 | 2117 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by masstexan

My 10 year old daughter has just started getting acne and after reading the reviews I decided to try it on her. I was really surprised at how much better her skin looked after one treatment. The redness was gone and her face looked much clearer. We are going to try it again in another day. She also dabs tea tree oil on the bothersome spots and this regimen seems to be working.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

first i tried the low fat version-left it on for 15 minutes. it tingled a bit but i didnt notice anything different really except that my face felt taut and maybe a bit brighter afterwards. today i tried the full fat organic version for 20 mins. hoping it wouldnt leave my skin feeling so dry...after washing off my face looked brighter, my cheeks a bit rosier but again, feels a bit drying. my nose was peeling a bit. i had to follow up with lotion. it seemed to bring one of my pimples to a head-so thats good! i'll probably keep using this 2x a week but i am going to start EATING it tomorrow and planning on having my son eat it too! Been reviewing it online and so many health benefits. i had a tummy ache last night from too much fried food and soda-i ate a small bowl of this and voila! no more tummy ache. Takes some getting used to as it is a bit tart, but i love it with some granola on top or even just plain. :) will repurchase! UPDATE: ok did nothing for my skin except dry it out like crazy. will repurchase to EAT only. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by seuseu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG....This is an amazing mask. I just did it tonight, and I am speechless. I had a big zit on my check, it got smaller in just 20 minutes. I am doing this now at least 2x a week. I used non fat yogurt, without the lemon. I will try it with lemon next time....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by JulesJoolz

I just had to leave my review after trying the yogurt mask this morning (fat free yogurt w/ a little lemon juice mixed in). I have a lot of little white bumps, not sure what they are, clogged pores I guess but nothing has gotten rid of them like this yogurt mask! My skin is also very red and irritated looking and this mask evened out my skin tone and took away the redness like nothing else! I plan to use this mask a couple of times a week at least, and more if my skin can tolerate it. I didn't experience any irritation or side effects after this first use but I just know my skin and want to work up to using this more frequently. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin like me. Thanks MUA! I never would have known to try this mask without you.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this. It made my big pored skin look better and it gave me a glow!

But, it started to make me breakout. I'm not sure if it's because I used it daily; it may have been.

I will use this gain but only sporadically.

BTW, I used the non-fat. Is the fat one better?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I didn't realize I was sensitive to aloe vera until I applied straight aloe juice to my face for a mild sunburn. My whole face turned brick red like a mask. OMG!

In desperation I slathered on plain yogurt out of the fridge to soothe the intense burning. Every time it sort of dried out on my skin and started feeling warm again, I slapped on another layer. When I had to leave the house, maybe an hour later, I rinsed it all off and I was astonished to see that the redness was completely gone, and my face was smooth, soft and happy again.

Plain yogurt is FANTASTIC for sunburns, btw -- once my niece came to visit me after broiling herself like a lobster at the water park and I plastered her burns with yogurt while she lay there and moaned with relief. I think it's the lactic acid in the yogurt as well as the literal coolness from being refrigerated that "takes the heat out" so to speak.

24 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by jelaine

I remember using plain yogurt as a mask when I was in college and having fantastic results. I would slather plain yogurt (no-fat, fat...whatever) on my face, let it sit until sort of dry (about 30 minutes), then wash it off. The results were amazing: soft smooth glowing skin. PLus, I did detect a slight amount of 'bleaching'. Has anyone experienced that too? I mean, my skin would get a glow from actually being brightened, I think. My roomate's Japanese mother used to encourage us to use yogurt to keep our Asian skin light.

Anyways, years later (I am now 30), I tried using it again but with less significant results. I think with changes in hormones and stuff, your skin doesn't take products the same for your whole life. (That's why I think it's inevitable that we change our routines every five years or so). Anyway, the plain yogurt thing didn't work as well, but I did try adding some honey and EVOO to the mix and voila, beautiful results. Mix equal parts of everything and put it on your clean face. Let it sit for about twenty minutes and wash it off gently with warm water. THere will be a slight oily residue, but let it stay if you have drier skin. You will follow with a light moisturiser and your skin will be beautiful.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

i did this treatment this morning. nothing really happened. my skin looked pretty but thats about it. the redness didn't go down.

i added pretty much two huge tablespoons of nonfat yogurt [ only thing in the fridge ] two dollops of honey, and a long squeeze of lemon.

not seeing any results. didn't really get a "filmy" layer. just washed it off and applied my makeup.

THATS ALL! (: i'll update in a week.

UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE;
amazing. just plain AMAZING. I LOVE THIS IDEA!
i'll give the EXACT recipe that i used on my combination acne prone skin.

two serving spoon sized scoops of non-fat yogurt [ low fat might moisturizer better. i'd be afraid to try fullfat ]
three teaspoon squirts of honey
a long squeeze of lemon [ about 4 seconds tops ]

MIX TOGETHER. remember to just refridgerate after use! yogurt will be fresh for about a week. maybe 5 days. maybe more. but the other ingredients might slow so i'm not sure.

I LOVE THIS MASK. it has offically made my nasty ugly forehead acne GO AWAY. it was amazing! i used it only as a cleanser too. it worked WONDERS! who knew? it will take another three days before i see the acne gone COMPLETELY but at least it will be gone.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by BeachGirl623

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good mask actually. I add a spoonful of plain yogurt and a little bit of honey together and leave on my face for about 20 minutes. It does reduce oil for awhile, but it makes skin feel very soothed too. The only bad thing is that it leaves behind a bit of a residue, so I usually do this before washing my face in the evening.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 4:11:00 AM More reviews by mcv714

Leaves skin more balanced and has seriously soothed my combination oily/flaky/bumpy skin. I leave mine on for hours at a time.