Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have dry sensitive skin, and my friend who is a dermatologist recommended this. I was completely and utterly disappointed- it felt slimy and sticky, it didn't wash off after 15 minutes of rinsing, and it made me break out ( I and I usually never break out).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This did not work for me at all. I've used non-foaming cleansers before but this one felt really weird. Kinda slimy I guess. I had to use a ton to get all of my makeup off (typical pwd makeup) and was glad that i got the Walmart brand for $4.00 less. It left an occlusive film all over my face and broke me out in little flesh colored bumps two days later. I've learned that with my skin, this is an allergic reaction similar to hives. I have yet to figure out what ingredient did it. I can see this working for dry, non-reactive skin but for my oily and sensitive skin, this was awful.

i bought it at drugstore.com annual 20% off and 16oz cost me less than 10 dollars. it works fine with my skin. i know some friends are not satisfactory with this product b/c they use it as makeup remover. for me, since i rarely apply any makeup stuff, this product works perfect on me. it's gentle and cleanses my skin. will definitely buy it again.

Despite many raves and derm recs, I hated this cleanser. I felt it did nothing to remove m/u or cleanse. It felt slimy on my face and I felt it took a while to rinse off.

I used this only once and i noticed results, and i love it! i recommend this product and i would deffinantly buy it again!

Whats the big deal about this stuff???

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The moment it touched my skin I felt a burning sensation...I checked the ingredients list and it seems to contain alot of different alcohols. Felt little dissappointed since I really wanted it to work for me after reading some great reviews on it and is great price. So, gone back to my usual Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser which is great!! (see my review)

This is my HG for face cleaners. I used to have terrible problems with cystic acne,this product has saved my skin. I tried so many other cleaners none of which have kept my skin so smooth and clear. And, the cost can't be beat!

Great product..dermatologist recommended..works great with my skin..

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was first introduced to cetaphil as a 13 year old being put on Retin-A for acne. My dermatologist said to use something very gentle such as cetaphil or purpose cleansers. First I tried purpose but that made my skin soooo dry and painful along with the Retin-a, so then I tried the cetaphil and that really made all the difference in the world. It is so smoothing, and soft and gentle. I have even started my 7 year old washing her face with it because I believe you can never be too young to start taking proper care of your skin. Every time I have been on Retin-A since, the only thing I can use is cetaphil. I rub it all over my face and then take a damp washcloth to wipe it off and then finish off with a splash of water. My only concern is that it doesnt seem to take off all the makeup you are wearing. I also use the cheaper Equate version for half of what it costs because it can be a little pricey, and I also think they should put it in pump dispenser that way some of the product wouldn't be wasted because it comes out of the container very quickly because its very runny.