August 20, 2014 | 2120 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2006 4:06:00 PM More reviews by maryrita65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is OK for cleansing, but when my 3 year caught LICE Yuk from daycare I was horrified! But, This product works for LICE, what you do is wet hair down, squeeze on product, comb with a lice comb, leave on over night, and comb again in the moring with lice comb and rinse out, I use this regularlly on his hair and he has never cuaght again and it is not toxic and not dangerous. Not: I still washed all the sheets and threw the pillows in dryer, and vaccumed real go, I also sprayed down the mattresses. If you have every had a kid with this I know your pain. Mary

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2006 8:26:00 PM More reviews by dmain

My dermatologist recommended this cleanser for me years ago and I was very unimpressed. First of all it didn't remove my make-up at all, which can lead to clogged pores.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by caitlinv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product smells great, has a nice consistency, and leaves my skin feeling fresh, but it breaks me out everytime I use it, and leaves a nasty film :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2006 10:35:00 PM More reviews by msevie

I've started Cetaphil years ago. My dermatologist recommended and I've been using it on and off ever since. I used it the most during the winter months when my skin is dry. I have combo skin during the summer and dry during winter. My skin gets less oily during the cold season so I don't want to dry it out even more with a cleanser that suds up. Cetaphil is perfect for that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2006 12:30:00 AM More reviews by rallu

Cetaphil is such a great cleanser...if u want to ruin your face. It made me break out and every pore on my face was a blackhead. How come is a "cleanser" if it doesn't take any makeup off my face ???????

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 6:12:00 PM More reviews by shallot

I bought this after my dermatologist recommended it to me for my acne prone skin. My skin was never extremely bad like some acne cases - I usually just got a few pimples on a regular basis. They'd get pretty red and angry looking and often hurt. When I first began using cetaphil, I didn't notice much difference - I was still getting the same amount of pimples and they were still pretty inflamed. I kept using it for a little while and then eventually stopped and switched to Proactiv (which also didn't help much). I eventually switched back to Cetaphil and I saw an improvement, though I was still getting pimples. After doing a bit of research, I decided to try Benzac in conjunction with the Cetaphil and I saw an almost instant improvement. My face felt a lot softer and I was noticing a lot less blemishes. Those that did appear were significantly smaller and less angry than when I was using just Cetaphil. I then started using witch-hazel toner as well. This is my HG combination - Cetaphil, witch-hazel and benzac + moisturiser.

I wouldn't use Cetaphil on its own again, but definitely in conjunction with my other HGs. I also use Cetaphil as an eye makeup remover and occasionally add some bi carb soda to make a face scrub. This is one of the few products I have actually had to repurchase and will be doing so for a long, long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2006 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Car63

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser was gentle all right, too gentle. For my acne prone, slightly oily/combo skin, I need a tougher cleanser. I wear makeup everyday, and this did not remove my makeup -- I had raccoon eyes. This cleanser seems like it would be great for very dry and/or sensitive skin. Does nothing for acne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 11:21:00 PM More reviews by susand

This is a mild all-purpose cleanser/conditioner for the skin.
I usually slather it on my dry face and then take a warm damp washcloth and lay it over my face. After a moment, I rub gently. Makeup comes off if you use it this way. Once or twice a week I pour a bit into my hand with some organic sugar and blend it into a scrub. Just scrub until the sugar dissolves. After rinsing, you face is baby smooth! I also leave a bit on the skin as directed on the bottle. I like the fact that it has no scent. It has lessened my rosacea-pink cheeks, too !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2006 9:03:00 PM More reviews by selenevalerie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i like it, i mix it with my proactive cleanser because i feel as if proactive by itself is too harsh. it makes a creamy combo. works well, leaves me feeling refreshed. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 7:24:00 PM More reviews by reyiru

I began using this when I had a skin reaction that left my skin terribly irritated, blotchy, and overall sensitivity. This is gentle, no foam, feels like washing face with gel-like milk. This is not for those who likes their face to feel squeaky clean! I always feel a light film after washing it off, which I dislike but I stick with using this in the morning because it's gentle and non-irritating.