January 27, 2015 | 2008 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2007 4:40:00 AM More reviews by ruthiepa

Purchased a huge bottle of this. It does nothing bad to my skin such as causing breakouts however, I did not notice anything good. I jsut would not repurchase because I do not get a CLEAN feeling after rinsing. It almost feels like my skin is left slimmy. It may be a good thing and my skin left with moisturizer on it but anything that clings to my skin like vaseline makes me feel not as clean. I will stick to goats milk.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by 2500

Cetaphil cleanser is indeed very gentle. It didn't do anything to clear up occasional acne, but it didnt seem to cause any. The texture was a little slimy, but it didn't leave my skin slimy or oily, but did do a pretty good job of cleansing the skin. Overall, it is just an average cleanser that I might go back to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

I have found Cetaphil to be the best makeup remover. I have acne prone skin, so I use Cetaphil to remove my makeup and another product (neutrogena acne wash) to wash my face. (Cetaphil gentle cleanser simply would not clean my skin.) Anyway, I've used Cetaphil as a makeup remover for at least 10 years. I've tried other more expensive makeup removers through the years, but I keep coming back to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2007 9:50:00 AM More reviews by jessicaagd

I have acne prone skin which is oily in the t-zone and dry in other areas. I use this cleanser in the am and pm followed by the moisturizer. It is very effective for the combination skin. It doesn't irritate the skin. I feel this is a good product for the price.

Other reviewers mentioned the smell and feel of the product which I have not noticed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2007 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Kately

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried Cetaphil based on raves about on a forum that it was super gentle. I tried it because I have acne. This didn't do anything to clear up the problem. First off, it's very difficult to decide how to use it and if you're using it right. It's kind of a pain to use if you wear makeup which I do. Also it seems to leave a filmy feeling on my skin. I agree with the reviewer who said it made her skin feel dirty. I keep hearing good things about Cetaphil so a part of me wants to give it another try, but I also know I went through an entire bottle of it once and it didn't do a thing for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2007 7:07:00 PM More reviews by leakyleaky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really don't get the hype. This cleanser feels REALLY chemically processed...almost like it's made of vaseline ...I don't like the smell of it either...you could probably cleanse your skin with half the ingredients in your fridge but that doesn't mean you'd actually do it...this cleanser to me is like an urban legend...you hear it's so great from someone who knows someone who's tried it, but when you try it you realize it's just not true! Thumbs down on this one for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by bittersweet_emily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this cleanser to wash my face in the morning. I can't really use it at night to wash off make-up because it is too gentle to do anything. I will continue to buy because I don't like using harsh cleansers on my face in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2007 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ShelliM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am one of those super-fair-skinned rosacea sufferers, with complications compounded by having allergies so bad that I seem to get contact dermitis from even looking at most skincare products (as well as makeup, laundry detergent, weather, etc.). I like Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser very much, but I do NOT really like it for my face, which aside from being massively sensitive, is combination and prone to breakouts. It just seems to feel like it leaves a residue on my skin, although it probably doesn't -- there's just some kind of weird feeling that I don't like. So for my face, I use a different Cetaphil product - their Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal to Oily Skin, which leaves my skin feeling much cleaner, yet is still gentle enough for my spastic, tempermental face. (Plus it takes off makeup MUCH better.) What I *do* use the Gentle Skin Cleanser for is a hand soap. I live in Colorado, where it is very dry, and using this to wash my hands keeps them supple and free from those pesky allergies which your average bar soap would cause on me. And finally, for those of you who don't get what all the hoopla is about Cetaphil products: for most people's normal-acting skin, I suspect you wouldn't see any difference from any other well-formulated cleanser, but for those of us with rosacea and/or allergies, Cetaphil cleansers are about the ONLY thing that can get near our skin. Not coincidentally, Cetaphil products are made by the pharmaceutical company that makes the topical prescription product for us rosacea sufferers, MetroCream/Lotion/Gel, so the regimen is meant to, and does, go well together. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by avocadogreen

I really love this cleanser. I don't wear very much makeup. Only lotion with spf, eyeshadow, and eyeliner. I usually take off my eye makeup with a makeup remover. Then I wash my face in warm water with Cetaphil. I use 1 pump, add a little water, and lather in my hands before putting it to my face. I make sure to use warm water and thoroughly wash off all traces of the cleanser. It seems to work really well for some, clearing and balancing the skin, but not so well for others. For those of you who don't wear very much makeup, have sensitive combination skin, and want a gentle cleanser, this might be a good product to look into.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2007 12:43:00 PM More reviews by jdepp

This cleanser is indeed very gentle on skin but it doesnt remove foundation makeup at all. It does remove light powder and mascara for me however I need to wash my face twice to get all the mascara off. My sensitive skin has had no reaction to this product. Does not leave your face feeling tight after cleansing. Okay product for those days you do not wear full makeup or great for morning wash.