April 16, 2014 | 1465 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2006 10:27:00 AM More reviews by lemonchapstick

I have oily acne-prone skin and this only made my skin worse. It is moisturizing, but too moisturizing for me. It made me break out so much more. I definetly won't buy this again. It would be a good cleanser for someone who has normal skin or dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2006 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ania81

Well this one is certainly a mainstain on my bathroom shelf. I've been using Cetaphil for several years and it is one of the few products that I actually purchase again and again. What I like about it is that it's truly non-irratating and goes with whatever other products I'm using at the time. I'm a real product junkie so I'm constantly trying new stuff, including other cleansers. There are some cleansers that are better in terms of cleansing "power" but too often they also result in leaving my skin feeling too dry or "filmy". Cetaphil is just right and best of all, it never stings my eyes! I can use it to remove eye makeup and it works quite well. The key is to massage it for a few minutes. I will continue buying this cleanser unless I find something that is just as gentle and effective but without parabens.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2006 12:40:00 AM More reviews by jonalice

My dermatologist recommended this to me years ago when I had breakouts. Since then I have tried others out there but I always come back to this. It's great for removing eye makeup too. There is no need to buy expensive department store brands when this one does it all. Believe me I have tried most of them out there. I will continue to use this since it is gentle and doesn't cause breakouts. Gentle enough for a baby.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2006 12:06:00 AM More reviews by laurencane

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gentle cleanser is exactly that--gentle. It is strong enough to remove my mineral makeup, but when i wear heavier makeup, I need to use a different cleanser. It is gentle and great for use in combination with topicals like benzoyl peroxide and retin a. It comes in a huge bottle that lasts quite a while. This is my favorite cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2006 4:16:00 PM More reviews by emmsbo

I really wanted to like this cleanser, having heard so much about it. Though it did leave my skin soft, it did not remove much of my make-up. Plus, I'm on several acne medications, Doxycycline, Differin, Klaron, and Neutrogena On-the-Spot, and this stuff caused these burned patches on my skin similar to sunburn, particularly when I was on Benzaclyn. I broke out often--I find Purpose Cleansing Bar to be more effective, both on my skin, and by cost.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2006 11:15:00 PM More reviews by northbynw

I had such high expectations for this cleanser. However, my skin felt dirty after using it, and my break-outs increased. I just didn't feel like it cleaned well. Not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2006 11:56:00 PM More reviews by sloppycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this facial wash! It's not irritating to my combination/sensitive skin. My dermatologist recommended it to me years ago and I have never stopped using it. The equate gentle cleanser works just like this one too and it's much cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2006 1:53:00 PM More reviews by pruma

my doctor keeps recommending cetaphil cos i'm developing sensitive skin. The cleanser doesn't dry my skin and skin feels good even without the use of a toner, but i just don't feel like it's cleaning very well. I end up scrubbing myself off with a washcloth in the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2006 8:44:00 AM More reviews by CombinationSkin

COMBINATION.ACNE PRONE SKIN. I've battled acne for 5 years. I tried so many products, even prescription (everything EXCEPT accutane). I was using products with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and other proven 'acne fighting ingredients'. After using Ceptaphil, I noticed that my acne reduced dramatically. My gross skin started to become softer. And I realised, those harsh cleansers were the products that caused my acne. Gentle cleansing is the best for acne prone skin. Now, I get some pimples time to time, but my skin is visibly soft, and the inflammation is nearly gone! I <3 cetaphil. I'm using my 3rd jumbo bottle and I will definetly repurchase when it runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2006 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Girl4God

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this cleanser but when I used it the second time on my sensitive, combination skin, I got itchy on my jaw and it sort of turned into a little rash. Even though it went away quickly, I also noticed my zits where more inflamed! I think I'll stick to CeraVe until I try Aquanil.