Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 3/19/2007 12:41:00 AM

This is a perfectly fine cleanser. It did not irritate my sensitive skin. I just did not like the smell. I will not repurchase.

on 3/18/2007 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have normal skin with the occasional hormonal breakout. I bought this because it was unscented and gentle. ACK! I have never had acne in my whole life. I am very proud of my skin. I have been using this product for 1.5 months, and realized this is what was doing it. Not the product itself, but the result of this product.

I wear shiseido spf 55 and I needed a facial cleanser that wasn't drying. This didn't take anything off, not even makeup. I don't wear anything waterproof, this was just horrible. I tried to use it to clean my makeup brushes, and it wouldn't even get powder blush off. Plus, you have to use so much of it. It was about $13 CAD, which I thought was a little high for a drugstore product.

If you are getting breakouts out of nowhere, stop using this and see if it goes away. I know it was this because I kept my diet the same and started to eliminate items from my skincare. As soon as I took this away, I started to clear up.

Ingredients:
purified water, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.

on 3/18/2007 11:38:00 AM

This is an excellent gentle face cleanser! It can either be washed off or wiped off. I think alot of women use face cleansers that are too harsh, when you wipe the Cetaphil off it does leave a little residue. This will soak into your skin after about 10 minutes and leave your face very soft!! My skin has been so soft since using this product and I've experienced less breakouts. I also use this as a gentle skin cleanser for my daughter since she was born. Great product!!

on 3/17/2007 3:26:00 PM

I felt like I was putting greasy slime on my face when I tried this out. I didn't feel that I had cleansed my face after rinsing, either. I do love the Cetaphil bars, though. This is just didn't stand up to it's reputation, IMO.

on 3/15/2007 2:01:00 PM

This cleanser removes all traces of dirt and leaves my skin squeeky clean after I rinse it off, which I really like. I do, however, find myself breaking out more than usual, so I have switched from twice-a-day to just in the morning as some other reviewers recommend. The best part is that it is really cheap, so I'm hoping my skin would get used to it, and I wouldn't need to scrap it altogether.

on 3/15/2007 12:42:00 AM

This is a great cleanser that is gentle on the skin. I use it twice a day. For the first few days, I felt like it was making my skin greasy, but everything balanced out and now my combination skin is moisturized without feeling oily. I also love this as an overall body cleanser when my skin is going through stages of severe dryness.

on 3/13/2007 11:01:00 PM

At first i didnt like this because it felt like grease on my face and it didnt soap, but after a while i noticed my face started clearing up! Good stuff

on 3/13/2007 10:53:00 PM

My mom is getting IPL treatments, and I'm currently on Retin-a. Therefore this makes a really good cleanser. People need to keep in mind that it's a gentle cleanser, NOT a miracle cleanser. If you have acne or other skin problems, make sure you're using proper products to go with this cleanser. I think it cleanses skin well, sometimes it just doesn't "feel" clean because we're so used to foaming cleansers. You'll just have to get used to the feeling I guess.

on 3/13/2007 2:04:00 PM

This did NOTHING for me, left my skin feeling oily and removed no make-up. Would not recommend or repurchase ever.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

oh my, i would NEVER purchase this product again! after my first use, i was traumatized! i developed lots of pimples the very next day!it only aggravated my oily skin condition!

Video Reviews & Tutorials