Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 5/12/2007 10:26:00 PM

I have a very very very very sensitive skin that normal cleaning product would do nothing else but irritates the heck out of my skin. I have tried so many products out there but always ended up 'burning' my own face. One day I came across a website about organic products and read positive feedbacks about jojoba oil as a make-up remover. Being as desperate and hopeless in find the right products as I was, I bought a bottle of organics jojoba oil by Dessert Essence. That as the make up remover, Cetaphil as the facial wash, See The Dawn facial cream as the moisterizer and Nature's Gate SPF 15 for face as the facial sunscreen( I live in the hot hot hot burning TX so sunscreen is definitely a must!), my face hasn't been breaking out for a year now. (I just started using this combination a year ago) Thank God for showing me the light! LOL

on 5/9/2007 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this one for a year now. It is one of my favorite morning cleansers for its being light, gentel and really able to take away the oil and dirt. It is essential in the skincare regimen to have a light cleanser like this one. Will buy again.

on 5/9/2007 11:35:00 AM

I like to use a creamy cleanser because it does not strip my skin, however most of them clog my pores. Cetaphil doesn't clog my pores and doesn't contribute to my acne problem. I use this to remove my makeup and it melts down mascara very nicely. I can see how this cleanser is not for everybody, but for dry/sensitive and acne skin, it's a dream. And it's cheap!

on 5/8/2007 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love Cetaphil. I usually keep it around for when my skin is getting sensitive to other cleansers/products. It does not irritate or dry out my skin and it does remove makeup pretty well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this cleanser - really gentle for sensitive skin. Enough to remove light makeup and cleanse but for heavier makeup you would need the help of another product.

on 5/5/2007 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have dry sensitive skin, and my friend who is a dermatologist recommended this. I was completely and utterly disappointed- it felt slimy and sticky, it didn't wash off after 15 minutes of rinsing, and it made me break out ( I and I usually never break out).

on 5/3/2007 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This did not work for me at all. I've used non-foaming cleansers before but this one felt really weird. Kinda slimy I guess. I had to use a ton to get all of my makeup off (typical pwd makeup) and was glad that i got the Walmart brand for $4.00 less. It left an occlusive film all over my face and broke me out in little flesh colored bumps two days later. I've learned that with my skin, this is an allergic reaction similar to hives. I have yet to figure out what ingredient did it. I can see this working for dry, non-reactive skin but for my oily and sensitive skin, this was awful.

on 5/3/2007 10:49:00 AM

i bought it at drugstore.com annual 20% off and 16oz cost me less than 10 dollars. it works fine with my skin. i know some friends are not satisfactory with this product b/c they use it as makeup remover. for me, since i rarely apply any makeup stuff, this product works perfect on me. it's gentle and cleanses my skin. will definitely buy it again.

Despite many raves and derm recs, I hated this cleanser. I felt it did nothing to remove m/u or cleanse. It felt slimy on my face and I felt it took a while to rinse off.

on 4/30/2007 4:50:00 PM

I used this only once and i noticed results, and i love it! i recommend this product and i would deffinantly buy it again!