April 19, 2014 | 1118 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2007 12:58:00 PM More reviews by oojoy

This stuff is OK. I bought it for many years because it was the only thing that didn't make me break out on a regular basis. It wasn't too stripping, but not too oily either. However, it doesn't really clean well enough to actually get rid of breakouts when they DO happen. That was my major gripe about this stuff. I loved it as a teen. Now I've moved on to better, more effective things, and I'm not looking back.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2007 2:01:00 PM More reviews by asukaduh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this! It really does a very good job of making my face feel clean. It never overdries either, and I have combination skin, mostly dry on the cheeks and chin with an oily T-zone. I only wish that the packaging were better. I wouldn't mind a pump for sure, but I guess the squeeze bottle is good in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2006 6:51:00 PM More reviews by charb3

Almost HG for winter month skin cleansing. Although I still don't think that it solves all of my skincare woes... I would admit that it is a gentle cleanser that does not strip my skin of moisture. I'm still on the hunt to find an effective cleanser that removes makeup and is not drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2006 2:27:00 AM More reviews by xox_envy_me_xoxo

I understand how some people will be put off by the "film" that it leaves on ur skin. Personally, I like that aspect of it because that is the reason it's so gentle and moisturizing. I suffer from moderate acne, but take Roaccutane anyway to keep my skin clear (really works. its a miracle!). They dry my skin out severely though, and the only thing that keeps it from feeling irritating is washing it with this. I recommend it for accutane patients.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2006 8:49:00 AM More reviews by hot_mama

Slimey! Leaves a gross film on your skin no matter how well you rinse.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by FeatherHen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

For some reason, I purchase this worthless skin "cleanser" every couple of years mistakenly thinking my skin has aged enough to handle the lack of thorough washing this product provides. It's never worked for me before, but I can't stand the idea that Cetaphil works so fantastic for millions of people, yet it totally sucks for me; so I buy it again thinking it'll be different "this time". But it never is. Yes, I must say that my face actually feels dirtier after I use it. And what exactly are those little grainy things in it that you come across here and there? Cetaphil leaves a waxy coating on my skin that makes me itchy and gives me hives, and if this is the only cleanser I use for a couple of weeks I break out in zits and all matter of unpleasantness.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a totally worthless product. I'd like to say that I'll never buy it again, but that would probably be a lie. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2006 3:52:00 PM More reviews by smithh20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I remembered using Cetaphil in high school on recommendation of my dermatologist and found some in my parent's shower during a Christmas visit this year. I decided to use it and after I rinsed my face, I felt like I had melted a candle and rubbed it on my cheeks. It left a horribly waxy residue! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 5:39:00 AM More reviews by eponine25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Retin-A Micro for four years and every dermatologist I've been to has recommended this cleanser. When I first started using it, I had a hard time getting used to the fact that it's doesn't foam and doesn't make your face feel "sqeauky clean." But now I love it. It cleans my face without drying it out, irritating it, or clogging my pores. Every time I've tried to switch to a foaming cleanser instead, my face has gotten painfully dry and flaky. And this cleanser DOES take makeup off - what I do is apply it once, gently rub my face for about 30 seconds, then rinse and repeat. It's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Canary

My skin type is normal/oily combo. I have flawless skin thanks to this stuff. I don't use more than a dime's worth otherwise it will burn and I use a bp gel afterward, and then a moisturizer. Never had a problem with it. It's inexpensive and it's packaging is very hygenic. I have repurchased and I will continue to repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 12:47:00 AM More reviews by la_clique

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great mild cleanser for sensitive skin. I liked it better with water, but you can use either way. Doesn't burn the eyes, either.