Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 4/15/2007 12:08:00 PM

excellent for sensitive and irritated skin. helped me through the winter months and prevented my temperamental skin from drying out~! love it
My sister on the other hand who has oily skin says it leaves her face feeling oily but has helped with reduce her outbreaks.

on 4/14/2007 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really did not like this stuff. I thought it was exspensive, made my skin dry and itchy, and did NOT take all my make-up off.

I prefer my good ol' Pond's Cold Cream to this stuff any day of the week.

on 4/12/2007 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this cleanser has found a permanent home in my medicine cabinet. it removes make up along with a wash cloth or it simply be used as agentle cleanser when using irritating treatments ie; retin-a, peels, etc.

on 4/11/2007 9:52:00 AM

This does the job well. Removes all makeup, and makes my skin feel soft! I use it w/out water to remove makeup, and with water in the shower in the mornings.

The packaging isnt too scary for males either. My b/f refuses to use scrubs, masks, cleansers or ANYTHING that isnt soap or water. However, he uses this (he thought it was liquid soap) and his skin is now awesome!

EDIT: I've change my mind about this product, I can't help but feel a greasy film with this now. I feel like i need to scrub my face with soap afterwards. I dont know whats changed, the product - or me.. but i can't buy this anymore.

on 4/10/2007 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The only complaint I have about this product is that it doesn't remove all of my makeup so sometimes I have to wash my face twice or use it with a makeup remover. That said, it is the only cleanser that doesn't make my face break out and I have tried ones for sensitive skin and deep cleansing, etc. I also like how after washing with this my face doesn't feel stretched and tight and in a pinch I can use it without water! It doesn't ever sting or burn eyes and the contaier has a lid that snaps down which I prefer to a pump because I travel with it a lot.

instead of paying $7 for the cetaphil brand, i payed $4 for the equate version. i LOVED it. it moisturizes my face (i don't rinse with water but just wipe it off with a soft coth) and simultaneously cleans off all of the gunk. my face doesn't feel squeaky clean, but i don't want it to- i just want healthy skin that doesn't break out. i originally bought this because it is hypo-allergenic, and i really need that with my PPP skin. my friend also told me that her brother uses this because he has eczema, so i knew that it would be very gentle. the only thing that i do not like about this product is the bottle, because i feel like i always get WAY too much product in my hands. i don't really mind though, because it's only $4 a bottle, and its such a big bottle that it will probably last for well over a month, even with two washings a day.

on 4/9/2007 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

there is a reason why my dermatologist and any friends that are in dermatology always tell me to stick with cetaphil and nothing else. your skin doesn't necessarily have to feel tingly in order to be clean. cetaphil does what it's supposed to do - clean your pores and the surface of your face. i don't breakout ever and i contribute it to using cetaphil religiously for the last 10 years.

on 4/9/2007 12:26:00 PM

This stuff is the worst I ever tried. My face felt dirty and greasy. Just doesn't cut the gunk & oil & makeup. I've thought of trying and oily skin formulation, but don't think I will. I have a feeling it won't cut it either. I need to feel clean, no tight, but clean. I never felt clean using this. I still have almost a full bottle.

This was fine on me when I wasn't breaking out. This can work for me in colder climates. I don't use this to cleanse my face but to remove make-up (better than old fashioned cold cream). :)

on 4/9/2007 12:33:00 AM

this is a very gentle cleanser.good for my combo skin. i don't breakout when i use this. but if you want to feel squeaky clean this is not the wash for you.and if you wear longwearing makeup you may need to use another cleanser 1st.

Video Reviews & Tutorials