November 26, 2014 | 1931 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by codliveroil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 3 or 4 years. I have fairly balanced skin, rarely break out, but my skin does get a little dry in the winter, so I do tend to use it more during this time of year. I apprecaite the extra moisture it adds to my skin. I usually just use it once a day, and just wash my face with water the rest of the day. I don't usually wear a lot of make-up during the day, but this does a good job of removing it. I'm surprised so many on here complain that it doesn't; all of my friends who use Cetaphil claim to love it because of it's make-up removing powers. This is a good basic cleanser that does the job for my very low maintenence skin. The price is pretty reasonable since a little goes a long way for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 2:01:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Every couple of years I keep trying this, because so many people swear by it. Maybe someday I'll learn my lesson and give up. It really doesn't remove makeup (and I don't use heavy or long-wearing makeup), and it has a strange way of both drying out my skin and leaving it filmy/greasy. Sometimes this seems good for a few days but then my skin's condition will deteriorate until I stop using it. It just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by LarrieuBland2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser forever and I absolutely love it! Have no problems, very gentle and no breakouts at all--5 stars for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 5:13:00 AM More reviews by foofer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My longtime very favorite morning cleanser when all I need is a mild, light cleansing on skin which has been thoroughly cleansed the night before with a heavier duty cleanser. There is a good reason why thousands of dermatologists have been recommending this cleanser so frequently for many years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my favorite cleanser of all time, i don't wear makeup so it is the perfect amount of cleansing for me. i have normal skin that tends to get dry sometimes and sensitive. my face loves this and it doesn't dry me out too much. washing with oil is something you have to get used to but it does make your face incredibly soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2007 11:51:00 AM More reviews by thePinkcess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this as a makeup remover, as I find it's not strong enough as a cleanser. This takes off my mascara with no irritation, it's very gentle, and makes cleansing a lot easier! As a make-up remover, I recommend it; as a cleanser, not so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by angelbabys

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I used to hate this! Every time I used it, within two days of use I would break out! I tried to like it, I wanted to like it, but it just never worked for me... Until...

My skin became sore and irritated from a makeup product, so I decided to give it one last go. This time, I massaged it into my (slightly damp) face for a good 2 minutes before rinsing. WOW! Taking the time to massage this into your skin really makes all the difference, and I now find that this really effectively cleans my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by chaachawuman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You can't expect this prodcut to be a maricle on it's own. It the best thorough cleanser I've gotten hold of in years. Use with WATER, lots too. I hate the residue it can leave, but once it's all gone it's great to apply toners and creams. Make sure you have a good cream or toner that will clear your skin aftrer it's been cleansed.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2007 7:43:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this product. I have tried it several times and I hate it every time. I don't know what people like about it? My face feels oily and gross after use.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by enyafan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just don't get what the hype is about......I have tried this cleanser several times, for about a year, and everytime I use it, i get these really bad breakouts, in places that I never get zits! I've stopped using this and started using Aubrey Organics SeaBuckthorn Cleanser and my face has cleared up in just 3 days.....I use lots of Aubrey Products, and they always work for me!