September 20, 2014 | 1881 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2007 11:05:00 AM More reviews by wysiwyg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have extremely dry skin and always return to this cleanser. I mix it with bliss labs' sensitive skin scrub once in a while to create a really gentle exfoliator. It's not my favorite cleanser (that would be the aloe-based Collective Well-Being), but I'll always have this on hand.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by cactus_flower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I kind of have very mixed feelings about this product. Cetaphil really helped me out when I was recovering from a bad burn and skin irritation due to a skin exfolitaing method. It was as gentle as could be to my super sensitive, burned skin. It felt great and left my skin smooth. This cleanser got my skin looking good again in record time. I was falling in love with Cetaphil. Okay, now for the bad news ;-) I kept using it even after my skin healed, since I know this is a Holy Grail Product-recommended by MUAers and celebrities alike. Note to Self: Forget about "Holy Grail Products." :) Anyway, once my skin returned to it's normal state: sensitive and slightly oily-it was Breakout City. I never had a facial cleanser break me out so badly. This stuff Is really excellent for burnt, dry or irritated skin. It is probably also great for people who use anything as drying as Accutane and such (Your derm can tell you better than me) or have naturally Very dry skin. Otherwise-No. So, I think this is a very good product for those who suffer (as I did for a while) from the above conditons but it's not for me when my skin is okay. I'm grateful it is on the market though, it really did help me when I needed it.

EDIT:Okay, I'm rethinking this. I would buy this product again if my skin changes or gets into "trouble". I'll just have to play it by ear. It is a good product, it just depends on how your skin feels at the particular time you may use it...and if it still needs it. You kind of need to feel your way around with this one and come to your own common sense conslusion..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by blue79

I gotta say this is basiclly the only cleanser that works well with my skin! Every other cleanser leaves my skin feeling tight, gives a rash/red blotches, or breaks me out. This cleanser actually leaves it feeling good! Yes, it's true it doesn't take off makeup very well, so I try to use makeup that isn't hard to take off. To someone just using it for the first time it feels weird on your face, like washing your face with goop. However, I think it's great for sensitive, dry skin, and have not found anything that works better. AND, it doesn't break me out which is awesome. Another plus is it's never irritated my eyes (I hate when cleansers sting my eyes!).

One thing I wanted to mention though, another reviewer said they buy the generic version and it's the same thing...it's definitly NOT! I can't use the generic, it burns my face immediatly!! Very strange. Normally I always get the generic version of stuff cause I figure it's the same, but this is one product that you shouldn't do that with!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by bernicetheshoeaddict

I absolutely love this cleanser! I used Cetaphil for about a year and then I decided to switch cleansers, just to try something new. What a mistake. My skin started to break out like crazy and I tried every cleanser known to man to try to make it better. From expensive to cheap, I tried it. Neutrogena, Mario Badescu, Clean and Clear, Clinique.... Finally I went back to Cetaphil and a week later, my skin was perfectly clear again.

I have no problems removing my make-up with this cleanser, even when I wear heavy eye make-up. The consistency is a little strange, but I believe this is the best cleanser on the market!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2007 9:47:00 PM More reviews by aureate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is gentle but didn't take off my make up at all. I think it just cleans the surface and nothing more. Maybe it's great for those who don't wear any make up but this has no strength what so ever to clean my face completely.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by micsin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this product & decided to try and It did the job of removing make-up however I'd prefer IF It foam when applied with water and my other concern is this product is "Dermatologist Recommended" but if you read the ingredients on the label it's pretty scary. I did a personal research on these ingredients and will not be buying this product. I'm sure there are much friendlier products out there.

purified water
propylparaben
butylparaben

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by zozo1

i had high hopes for cetaphil but it causes my sensitive skin to itch and break out badly. i know so many people love it and i gave it another chance but it caused the same irritation. so, now i am stuck with this huge package of cetaphil i bought at costco.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2007 11:11:00 PM More reviews by juanitaaloha

Mix this with a bit of baking soda and you will never buy microdermabrasion creams again. Genius! Plus it's not harsh on the skin like some microderms treatments can be. It's also a great makeup remover when used with a damp washcloth. Applied on its own, however, I don't find it so great, I always feel like there is some residue left. Definitely not enough for my oily skin. But it's soo gentle. Yep, great as a makeup remover. But is it really that stuff or the damp washcloth that does the job? Whatever. My BF has crazy sensitive skin and keeps emptying my bottle, so it must be doing something right.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb12

This is my fav of all the Cetaphil cleansers and I've tried ALL of them. This one never dries out my skin and does the best job of removing makeup that my cleansing cloth missed. I only use this at nite b/c I use the ProActiv cleanser in the mornings. The consistency is rather strange and it doesn't lather up very well, but that doesn't bother me. Its almost like putting a thick oil on your face, but it leaves my skin clean, refreshed, and soft. I'm on topical acne treatments right now and this cleanser has been very kind to me. I would also rec it for, normal, senstive, and/or dry skin. Great basic everyday cleanser at a nice price!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by workandgirl

I have combination/oily skin and i don't feel like this cleanser really cleans my skin. when i use it, i still feel like my face is dirty. if i do use this, i only use it as my "sunday" cleanser... meaning i am washing my face when i wake up and not wearing any makeup.

also, i think it's important to note that i've had problems with the packing. my pump top has broken off.