August 2, 2014 | 976 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2007 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Natashaa111

i love this product! i tried one of the reviews of mixing cetaphil with backing soda .. instead of doing a microbrasion kit. And it works wonder! 5 stars

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by patio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sigh... I so wish I could love Cetaphil the way I know so many do. It's been recommended to me by a couple of dermatologists -- I have rosacea and also very sensitive fair skin to begin with -- but it just does not leave my face leaving clean. I've tried it with water and without. Without seems to clean better but I find it a bit gross. There's something psychologically soothing about washing off soap with water -- I don't feel quite clean if I haven't rinsed. And, for something called "gentle," it also makes my face itch. I still keep it around for taking off eye makeup if I need to (rarely) but I much prefer Purpose cleanser -- same idea but cleans better and doesn't make me itch.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2007 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ClaraRose

Got this Cleanser in Winter and i really love it. My skin had been drying out everytime i washed it, and this cleanser is great as it does not dry out your skin at all. Normally i have oily/combination skin, but in winter it does get very dry, especially with being abroad in very cold Finland during winter.I do find however it does not remove my makeup very well so i have to use a toner at night. Iam still getting the occasional breakout but may have nothing to do with the cleanser. Editied to add my skin is breaking out more during the summer so trying out a gel clarté sample. Perhaps this cleanser is not suitable for those with acne prone skin during a warm or humid summer.Update changed my Hydra Zen for dry skin to Aqua fusion gel cream for summer and cetaphil works fine again so added another lippy as for the price its a great all round cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Poodlehead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cetaphil is kind of weird. It doesn't feel like it works, it feels like it leaves a residue and can't possibly get your skin clean because it's so mild. But since I started using it 8+ years ago, I never have breakouts or clogged pores, my skin doesn't feel dry and tight, and my complexion glows. I don't know how it works, it just does. We use it on our kids too, because a couple of them have eczema, and it really seems to work better for that than anything else we've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by belly274

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for 2 years - since my dermatologist recommended it. Best cleanser I've found for sensitive skin. My husband won't use anything else, either. If I spend large amounts of money on products, I want it to be treatments, not a simple cleanser. This is very reasonably priced and does exactly what it says.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by fsugirlee09

This product is fantastic. It does EXACTLY what it claims to.....gently cleanse and soften. I don't understand why people give this a bad review b/c "they expected it to clear their skin" etc. It isn't mean to clear acne. It is meant to be a non-irritating, gentle cleanser to be used on skin that is dry or sensitive from harsh treatments (ie tazorac, retin-a etc) to prevent further irritation. It does exacly what it promises.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mikithebrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore Cetaphil products and this is no exception. Especially good for my winter skin regimen, I use Cetaphil year round to really keep my skin both clean and moisturized. I especially like the convenience of using it on a cotton pad with no water which means even if I'm traveling, it's always convenient. I also love that I can buy this in bulk!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 1:00:00 AM More reviews by xoxbrittxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleanser. It's very gentle and doesn't make my skin dry or cause it to break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by cececo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a number one Dermatologist tested and recommended product. Reason: it never irritates skin because there are no harsh chemicals. No, it doesn't remove eye makeup, but why are you treating your eyelids so harshly to try and remove eye makeup by scrubbing with soap? Do you want wrinkles?

Invest in a good eye makeup remover. I like one from Bath and Body because, one, it works, and two, the packaging is attractive enough to leave on my vanity top for easy everyday access. I also keep an attractive glass cotton holder on my vanity for the swipes needed to remove the eye makeup.

With the Cetaphil, I keep a small tupperware container of baking soda in the shower. On days I feel I need to exfoliate, I put a small amount in my hand to mix with a couple pumps of the cleanser. My skin comes out baby soft, not too dry, and definitely clean.

I admit, I waste money on moisturizers (La Creme, anyone?), but there is no need to waste on cleansers when you can buy this PERFECT product dirt cheap at the grocery store.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2007 12:30:00 AM More reviews by coclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This cleanser isn't anything too special but as noted in other reviews etc, mixing baking soda into a dollop of this stuff (to paste-like consistency) makes an amazing exfoliant. I used to use apricot scrubs but the baking soda leaves my skin softer and smoother than it's ever been. All of my friends who've tried this agree. It's gentle enough not to irritate zits and may prevent them. Give this trick a try.