January 31, 2015 | 1155 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2007 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Roolie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

fantastic value and good for sensitive skin. first bought this in the states but it ain't great for removing make up and I've subsequently found Liz Earle products which suit my dry, eczema prone skin even better.

But for value cetaphil is still a great product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 3:27:00 PM More reviews by paramita77

This is not a make-up remover and not for oily skin, so do not treat it as one. I have dry skin with hormonal break-out and not any other problems. I am using this for over a year and my skin feels great. My dry patches are gone and overall the skin is softer and smoother. I use this with a washcloth daily to give my face a gentle exfoliation and it works for me. I also love the sensitive skin cream and lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by madeupmindy6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gentle unscented cleanser. It is not that great for cleaning though. I often have to "rinse and repeat" in order to get all my makeup off. I like that the ingredients are simple, but it just didn't do enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 7:18:00 AM More reviews by greatgrains

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The only cleanser that does not irritate my sensitive eczema-prone skin. Does not remove waterproof eye makeup but I use a makeup remover for that anyway. My skin feels really soft and refreshed after I use it. Definitely recommended for those with sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2007 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Meg311

This is a perfectly fine cleanser. It did not irritate my sensitive skin. I just did not like the smell. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by rosinalove11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have normal skin with the occasional hormonal breakout. I bought this because it was unscented and gentle. ACK! I have never had acne in my whole life. I am very proud of my skin. I have been using this product for 1.5 months, and realized this is what was doing it. Not the product itself, but the result of this product.

I wear shiseido spf 55 and I needed a facial cleanser that wasn't drying. This didn't take anything off, not even makeup. I don't wear anything waterproof, this was just horrible. I tried to use it to clean my makeup brushes, and it wouldn't even get powder blush off. Plus, you have to use so much of it. It was about $13 CAD, which I thought was a little high for a drugstore product.

If you are getting breakouts out of nowhere, stop using this and see if it goes away. I know it was this because I kept my diet the same and started to eliminate items from my skincare. As soon as I took this away, I started to clear up.

Ingredients:
purified water, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 11:38:00 AM More reviews by blueskies27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an excellent gentle face cleanser! It can either be washed off or wiped off. I think alot of women use face cleansers that are too harsh, when you wipe the Cetaphil off it does leave a little residue. This will soak into your skin after about 10 minutes and leave your face very soft!! My skin has been so soft since using this product and I've experienced less breakouts. I also use this as a gentle skin cleanser for my daughter since she was born. Great product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by AmyRuby

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I felt like I was putting greasy slime on my face when I tried this out. I didn't feel that I had cleansed my face after rinsing, either. I do love the Cetaphil bars, though. This is just didn't stand up to it's reputation, IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2007 2:01:00 PM More reviews by dbriones

This cleanser removes all traces of dirt and leaves my skin squeeky clean after I rinse it off, which I really like. I do, however, find myself breaking out more than usual, so I have switched from twice-a-day to just in the morning as some other reviewers recommend. The best part is that it is really cheap, so I'm hoping my skin would get used to it, and I wouldn't need to scrap it altogether.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Portae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great cleanser that is gentle on the skin. I use it twice a day. For the first few days, I felt like it was making my skin greasy, but everything balanced out and now my combination skin is moisturized without feeling oily. I also love this as an overall body cleanser when my skin is going through stages of severe dryness.