Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 6/16/2007 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG facial cleanser, and I'll tell you why.
If, like me, you have very dry and sensitive skin, this has been the most gentle cleanser I have ever used!
It does not strip my skin and make me feel tight and dry like every single other cleanser I've ever tried. Another plus is it has no fragrance, which in a facial product, is just another irritant. It is not a lathering cleanser, but that is actually much better for your skin. The ingredient that makes a cleanser lather up can be drying, and it isn't necessary to clean.
For people that have said it leaves a film, you just need to rinse better. The "film" it leaves is actually something that people like me like, because it is just a sort of emollient that helps keep my skin moisturized.
Those with very oily skin might not be as thrilled as those of us with dry skin.
I do use a lotion type eye makeup remover with this, I like the one by Avon. I've tried all the expensive brands, and I still go back to the Avon moisturizing eye makeup remover.
I find it works great with the Cetaphil. But I also wear foundation sometimes, and Cetaphil takes it off nicely.
I apply it to a wash cloth first. I've never had a problem with any makeup being left behind at all.
I have tried much pricier cleansers and once again, I still always go back to Cetaphil, it is just so much more gentle than everything else I've tried!

on 6/15/2007 2:26:00 AM

I have the same problems as Rascaz, sensitive acne prone skin. 12 years of acne and just about every product on the market with little or no results. After 2 or 3 days of this I had NO acne. At all. The brown spots had even started to fade. And my skin which is dry from Retin A no longer needs moisturizer since using this. My skin looks like an airbrushed picture , something that I have not expreinced since about the age of 10. But it does not lather which is hard to get used to so only 4 lippies for this amazing product.(Clinique has a good pre wash foam cleanser to help remove makeup if you still want to try this).
Update: I get the best results if I rub this in for about 20 seconds and then rinse with water. This leaves no film on my skin which some others have complained about.

on 6/14/2007 6:14:00 PM

i would say cetaphil is one of the most softest gentle cleanser i have evr used. I have been using this product for two years and it works great. It doesnt take out makup though. Good price too. i would by it again.

on 6/14/2007 2:14:00 PM

This product will not give you a squeaky clean feeling, but I'm not thoroughly convinced a cleanser is supposed to do that. It does clean your face without harming your skin. It does not remove eye makeup, but it does it's intended purpose; clean skin. I have very sensitive acne prone, combo skin. I have been through a million cleaners and scrubs, but this seems to be the most simple, least harmful method of cleansing my face. At times, I do use scrubs and masks with this product to give myself a thorough cleaning. But it's a great everyday cleanser.

on 6/13/2007 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I agree with the person who said that this stuff doesn't clean well. After I use it, my skin feels so residuey and my (non water-proof) mascara is all over the place. I have oily skin so maybe it's not good for my skin type, but overall, I was VERY DISSAPOINTED!

on 6/12/2007 6:23:00 PM

Just starting using this about a month ago. I was using Purpose and Olay. I like it so far. Isn't really over-drying and I have dry skin, so this is important to me. It does nothing for eye make-up. I have to use remover for that, but overall I have been pleased. I have really sensitive skin and it hasn't caused any break-outs at all.

on 6/12/2007 10:05:00 AM

I have purchased several bottles of this over the years, usually because of the raves in every magazine. I think I seem to forget that it really doesn't do much for my skin. The smell is't that pleasant and considering its a sensitive formula I actually found it quite drying and left my skin with no glow and a bit rough and slightly broken out. For around the same price I got much better results with the Garnier soft cream cleanser and the Nivea cream cleanser which aren't drying and don't break out the skin. This is so not worth the hype!

on 6/11/2007 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

No, no this product is not good. 1. It doesn't clean!!! Your face will still have stuff (makeup, etc) on it. I always use a toner afterwards and you wouldn't belive how dirty that cotton ball is! Might as well just use water!!!
2. It leaves your skin dry!
3. It does nothing for acne

I really wanted to like it cause its so highly recommended by some... but its time to admit it. IT SUCKED.

on 6/11/2007 9:19:00 PM

Unless you have extremely dry or sensitive skin, I would not recommend this product for you. This is a very gentle & creamy cleanser, & if you like the squeaky clean feeling after cleansing, then you will be disappointed.

on 6/11/2007 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have VERY sensitive skin that reacts (yes, break-outs) and have tried everything out there. Most cleansers dry my face and many lotions cause pimples. I tried this "Gentle Cleanser" given that it is especially formulated for sensitive skin and seriously, I cannot remember the last time my skin was this bad. The cleanser gave me skin oily (which only happens when I use cheap chemical sunscreens) by leaving an "unrinseable" film. I does everything but clean your skin - or remove make-up for that matter.
There are other cleansers out there that actually clean.

Video Reviews & Tutorials