December 20, 2014 | 1592 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2007 7:53:00 PM More reviews by babybehn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a decent product if you are not wearing makeup and have very sensitive or dry skin. In the summer it does nothing for my combo skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2007 1:45:00 PM More reviews by bettysuegurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't been using this long, but I already love it. It was recommened by my dermatologist who is treating me for adult acne (I'm 25). He told me to use something very gentle as I am using 2 fairly harsh prescription creams.

I really like it! It's got a creamy, lotion-like texture and no scent. It takes off every trace of makeup and leaves my skin super soft.

I will def. be buying this again.

BTW- the brand name stuff is like $12; I've been using the Target brand ($7) and can't tell the difference. Use the extra $5 to buy a new lipstick or something. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really don't see the big deal about this product, my face never feels clean after i use it. i appreciate how gentle it is, but my skin isn't even oily and i don't use a ton of makeup but it feels like it leaves a residue on my skin or something after i use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2007 8:25:00 AM More reviews by smabrams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had acne my whole teenaged life and am now in my 20s. Derms would always recommend this soap claiming it was most gentile and wouldn't break me out. WRONG! When my breakouts subsided I used this on a few occasions only to be greeted with several big ones in the morning. Bad, bad, bad. I find NuCelle Mandelic Cleanser to work miracles, as it's free of sulfates and other breakout-inducing ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2007 6:34:00 AM More reviews by minidictionary

I love this cleanser to bits!!! I have an acne prone, oily, sensitive skin. This cleanser took off my makeup/dirt in 2 washes. The cleanser itself doesnt help to keep acne at bay, its only offer clean face after u wash with it. For acne u need to apply medicated gel/cream/lotion. When i tried the cleanser for the first time, i feel like it wasnt cleanin my face because its a cleanser without any SLS. It feel yucky/slimy and gross. But after 2 weeks i get used to it. It moisturize while cleaning ur face. U wont get any tight skin after washing wit this. I am into my 5th bottle now.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2007 12:21:00 AM More reviews by LadyLibra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard so many good comments about this product and I decided to buy. It did NOTHING for me. :( So sad b/c the price was nice. LOL

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by MsSnape

I bought this product because it was recommended for my hyper-sensitive skin (which is what it's supposed to be particularly good for). It may have worked better for me had the scent not been completely overwhelming and irritating.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Aliasnone

I know lots of people who swear by this cleanser, and it's heavily recommended for sensitive skin. However, I found it very irritating. It gave me a horrible stinging sensation and left my face bright red. Also, it wasn't effective at removing my makeup, and it took forever to rinse off all the filmy residue it left on my skin. It is not drying at all though; so if dry skin is your main concern, this might be good in conjunction with a good eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ashleyallisonshaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this product on and off for almost 8 years...I always go back to on the recommendation of my dermatologist, but then am disappointed because it never felt like it was cleaning my face. That was until I figured out the best application technique. I apply it to a dry face (with dry hands) and massage in for about 30 seconds. Then I leave the cleanser on for about 1 minute. It rinses completely clean and my white towel does not end up discolored with makeup residue. If you can stick with this for at least a month, you will not be disappointed. I have always had a blemish problem, and this is the first time in 8 years I haven't used a single acne product. And my face is completely clear.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2007 1:56:00 AM More reviews by QueenQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I had a flare up (rosacea), and my dermatologist recommended this. The minute this cleanser touched my face, it stung. It was so painful I did not look forward to washing my face. I used it again when my skin was normal and it stung as well.