Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Love it for my sensitive skin, I had been using it and stopped for a while and went back to "ol faithful".It has an almost non exsisting scent but cleans really well especially make up.

on 3/28/2007 6:49:00 PM

Works very well as a daily cleanser. It actually made my sensitive skin itchy at first, but for some reason I stuck with it, and it went away. I use it daily, and I can't imagine replacing it anytime soon.

on 3/28/2007 2:38:00 PM

This is a simple yet effective product, unlike some cleanser in the market, which will make your face feel very dry and tight after using, this left you with a soft and hydrating feel, and its the most non-irritating cleanser i've used, and trust me, i've used quite alot of those cleanser by reputable skincare brands, and most are too harsh for sensitive skin. I've read quite a number of negative review in this forum for this cleanser, and the problem lies with those user using it to remove their makeup, and oh my, this is not suppose to be a makeup remover!! this is just a cleanser. so if you do use a makeup, do use a makeup remover before using any facial cleanser, even if it mention about its ability to remove makeup. (this product mention nothing about removing makeup)

on 3/27/2007 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I can't believe this got such low reviews. I love this for my super sensitive dry skin. I use this at night with a washcloth & it gets all my makeup off. I use Plexion cleanser (perscription) in the morning. I tried this based on Paula Begoun's reccomendations. I would highly recomend.

on 3/26/2007 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

No, I never did buy this product again. I tried this a while back based on its 'cult following.' This did absolutely NOTHING for me , except leave makeup behind and a filmy feeling on my skin. I don't get it. I guess if it works for you, great and consider yourself lucky being it's so cheap.

on 3/25/2007 2:22:00 PM

This is the best cleanser on the market bar none! I have oily skin with large pores and rosacea and this is all I use. It can be used with or without water. I used to use it with water, but I've sinced switched to using it without water and wiping it off with a clean washcloth, this seems to help my rosacea.

When I need to exfoliate, I'll put Cetaphil on my face and then pour approx. 1/8 cup of sugar in my hands, lightly rub them together and then pat on my face. Then use light circular motions to exfoliate and rinse off. My skin feels soft, fresh and incrediably clean.

Even though my skin is oily I don't use the Cetaphil for oily skin, it dried it out too much and the gental cleanser is a much better product. Remember, Cetaphil doesn't make store brands, so only buy the name.

on 3/22/2007 10:55:00 PM

My husband uses this to clean his face before using his sleep apnea mask. It does a good job of that, but we're trying to find a substitute due to the cruelty issue. Galderma, who makes Cetaphil products, admits to using animals for testing. I cannot condone that or give my money to a company who participates and supports cruelty to animals. If you object to this, don't buy their products, either.

on 3/21/2007 9:08:00 PM

I know my imput will not matter much because this is the most reviewed product on MUA, but i feel i should say something: I have been using this product for about a year, because of its fame. i like but it doesn't have a huge impact. No cleansers ever have, in my opinion. anyway i have good skin, not sensitive, and i just needed something mild. This does the trick.

on 3/21/2007 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the only thing I will use on my super sensitive skin. I have really oily skin, but because it's so sensitive, it gets dried out and flaky really easily. At first I was worried that this would break me out or make my skin even more oily, but it leaves my skin really soft after I use it and keeps my skin clear. I prefer to use it without water, I just rub it on my skin and wipe it off with a dry towel. It's a great eye makeup remover too

I've used this as my main cleanser for as long as I can remember. I don't usually wear tons of makeup, but my face always feel better after washing with this. My face is not tight or oily, but soft and clean. I found with other cleansers that they strip too much, which is why I like how gentle Cetaphil is. It is not the most efficient at remove tougher makeup. For more sensitive skins, I would recommend this cleanser.

Video Reviews & Tutorials